Moon Geun Young 문근영

kanzcech

I was more in agony over why she turned down TMETS and Misaeng.. She and Song Joong Ki both turned down TMETS, the drama was a hit of the year (even though the plot was not very good).

@anitgone same here, GOF was BAD and BORING.. can't even finish the drama without skipping..

I love the idea of pairing her with Kang Ji Hwan in Home Alone

But...

1. The writer is relative newbie, only has 2 works and the most recent is My Secret Hotel (sadly, the drama is boring to me)

2. The premise seems just there... nothing excites me so far.. Businessman comes back from US and finds his house is taken care by a woman.. Then what?? Will it be something like Full House?

On the upside, it has PD Lee Jung Sub of Healer, Kim Tak Gu, etc and he's experienced PD so I have no problem with him..

The only thing worries me is the script. If the script screwed up, then no matter who the actor/actress is, it would be hard to watch the drama..

--------------------------

Oh BTW, I just take over managing this thread.. I'll start update the 1st page.. please support and take care of me here! :)

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jisung_15

@anitgone, is MGY finished with school now? I haven't seen GOF yet, I was hoping to reserve it for a more opportune time since it's all of 32 episodes, but am now having second thoughts.:P though I like the 2 boys she was with in that drama, not so much for their acting but because they're eye candy haha! I was down to the last 3 episodes of MSOAN when I stopped altogether, but that was because I was fast forwarding too much it felt like I did see them anyway. I noticed I did do some research on KJH months ago when I was looking for dramas to watch and yes indeed, he's received praises for most of his work so he should be a good match to GY. Yes, I'm like that too these days, I'll take anything I can get from her; the other Moon is just all over the place I'm a bit envious.

@kanyaprasetyo, oohhh Misaeng too? TMETS' ratings were in the 40's at some point despite mediocre reviews of the drama, I wonder what caught the viewer's interest? Yes, I too am wondering what else Home Alone has got up its sleeve besides the reference to the American film. In the past, I enjoyed dramas with not too much conflict but driven by good scripts like "Pasta" which was simply a  delight to watch, and didn't have villains or nerve-wracking twists. The more recent dramas I have seen were to pass the time on rainy days.:D

Yes she's casted for Misaeng but ultimately declined it...

Honestly haven't seen MSOAN yet because bad reviews.. Moonie seems getting combination of bad dramas+bad luck even though people in Korea still favor her highly. Like the latest 1N2D episodes with Moonie that got highest ratings.

That's why I think for now Moonie needs a really good drama with good ratings..

And I can't wait for the movie "Sado" as well with Yoo Ah In and Song Kang Ho! :D

1 Night 2 Days Female Friends Special (Moon Geun Young eps)

I've watched all three eps and it was so much fun!! Really funny and interesting.. MGY seems to enjoy herself as well..

The funniest part for me is when they have singing contest.. Everyone is all out, but still manage to made me laughing a lot...

Moonie is jjang here! No wonder they nicknamed her "General Moon" :D

Speaking of criticism of her dramas who least liked viewers B)

MMM is a drama that starts in a very promising way with a couple very well casted leader, but it all collapses at the time writer-nim left the drama due to its low ratings and discord with the production team and became irritable at will which do not serve the plot and are not even funny when they should except for their explosive chemistry and cute that was watchable

For CDDA some will not like the other will love ; That's what I liked most in this drama ... well I think it was a heroine who does not veil the face and that could be considered "evil" in other dramas ... there it is perfectly conducted with a real social issue and a rather disturbing reality.
But still, her character has some weaknesses. Indeed, it is difficult to pinpoint. Sometimes shy, naive and sweet, and suddenly she becomes cold and calculator ... believe she suffers a split personality.
To summarize, the drama is interesting by its original story, the quality of the characters but still has some flaws as slump of a few episodes and an end too banal ...

For GOF like any self-respecting sageuk was politics and conspiracy to perfection,again injustice to-face what the characters is heavy and finds himself an issue in the political conspiracies and which affects the national dignity. The positive point of this drama and the world of pottery is very interesting! 

As for her films or dramas we see that Moon Geun Young loves her job, she can make to out the emotions when necessary. I like the way she played her characters, like his other artistic works,Geun Young did not disappoint.
Now I hope she comes up with a scenario that should be exciting enough that the public does not loose during the season in order to satisfy the thirsty viewer drama.:)

kanyaprasetyo Thanks  to the management of this thread, it was time that someone in load lol Fighting :wub:

Guest anitgone

@kanyaprasetyo, congrats on being new admin! MSOAN actually started out nicely for me and felt really organic and moonie and JGS were awesome together. But it just got really bad in the latter half to the point JGS was writing script for finale from what I remember....but I think their it's worth checking out their chemistry... Her career has slowed down in recent years, but she's still so young and have many years ahead of her. At this age, she's achieved longevity very few child actors have attained so am thinking, chances are she's bound to land on a good role again! And yeah, I I agree she's remained well loved and respected in SK.

It's great she got cast in Sado. this am looking forward to. I hope they release teasers with Moonie in it....

@jisung_15, not sure if she's done, last I read she still

had to fufill requirements for her English proficiency course or something similar?! Funny how they pointed that out that she's a Korean literature major 1N2D. But I wouldn't bother with GOF really. But even with crappy scripts, she still delivers...but yeah I also want to see her in a really good drama...like this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W-8G01a7uRQ

Thanks @RyuujinjakkaJ and @anitgone

I never manage an actor's thread so this will be new challenge for me.. LOL

To me, my personal favorite is Painter Of The Wind.. Then a close second would be Cinderella's Sister and Alice in Cheongdamdong. I could write a thesis on how much I love MGY as Shin Yun Bok in POTW, so I just skip it.. I'd just say she's so awesome as young Joseon painter! Even having chemistry with both male and female leads.. Hehehe. This drama makes me interested more in paintings. Then Cinderella's Sister and Alice in Cheongdamdong. In CS she shows what strong and capable (and sometimes even shrewd) woman can do. Yeah, it's melo too and I cry a bucket. While in CDDA, she's not playing a Candy, instead she plays anti-Candy. Someone who wants to climb social ladder in Cheongdamdong.. Despite many people not liking it, I like it, esp the 2nd half of the drama. She managed to do a great job to portray Han Se Kyung.

I also love Autumn In My Heart.. It's my first time watching Moonie. Even though she only appeared in few episodes but she managed to impress me a lot.. when I was much younger and still didn't know the standard of good drama. Definitely one of the best performance of a child actor. And of course she made me cried.. a lot.. :tears::tears: (still so sad whenever I remember her character)

1 Night 2 Days Female Friends Special (Moon Geun Young eps)

I've watched all three eps and it was so much fun!! Really funny and interesting.. MGY seems to enjoy herself as well..

The funniest part for me is when they have singing contest.. Everyone is all out, but still manage to made me laughing a lot...

Moonie is jjang here! No wonder they nicknamed her "General Moon" :D

kanyaprasetyo 

It was fun to see Moon Geun Young play the game thoroughly, she had a blast like a little girl because as we all know she never enjoy his youth because of her child satut star;
She started as a child star so she never got to experience everyday activities. You can be see at some point as she benefits visit places lol she was so excited.
Like 'Running Man' she always doing best in variety show and she did not tried to be super cute or was careful about her image.

She is so down to earth and so nice to see her enjoy this little trip:)

Guest MGYlove

Moon Geun Young and Kang Ji Hwan May Bond Over A Dog

What do you think about Kang Ji Hwan and actress Moon Geun Young co-starring as romantic leads?
That may soon be a possibility.
On July 20, the Korean media outlet Munhwa Ilbo said that both actors have been offered roles in the upcoming KBS series "Home Alone."

moon-geun-young.jpg?w=600

According to Munhwa Ilbo, Moon has shown a positive response to the offer and is currently negotiating the details necessary for a contract. If she does take the role, it would be a drama comeback for the actress, who has not appeared on the small screen since 2013.
Her last drama role was playing a ceramic artist in "Goddess of Fire: Jeonji" with co-stars Lee Sang Yoon and Kim Bum. Since then she has appeared in a period film, playing Lady Hyegyeong in "The Throne." The film, which also starred Song kang Ho and Yoo Ah In, was her first film in eight years. The actress also appeared on the variety show "2 Days, 1 Night."
Moon Geun Young does have romantic comedy experience, most notably "Mary Stayed Out All Night" with co-star Jang Geun Suk.

Kang Ji Hwan also responded positively to the offer but his agency, Sim Entertainment, cautions that nothing is definite yet.
"Kang's participation in the drama has not yet been determined."
Kang is currently filming the Korean-Chinese production "Cheongangdaega and he would have to alter his schedule to participate in the drama. "Cheondangdaega," which has scheduled a winter release, is filming in Dalian, China.

kang_ji-hwan-p1-jpg.jpg?w=600

A representative from Sim Entertainment told the Korean media outlet Joongang Daily that the actor is working hard.
"Kang is putting forth his best efforts for this upcoming movie. He's trying to communicate with each staff member, even in the scorching heat."
In the film he plays a man who is the subject of several romantic scandals and winds up in China. There he meets one of his biggest fans.
His last drama role was playing Kim Ji Hyuk in "Big Man." Kim was a poor man, who is tricked into thinking he is an heir so that he can become an unwilling organ donor.
Besides the film Kang is currently working on, he has considerable romantic comedy experience. One of his most notable romantic comedies was "Lie To Me" with co-star Yoon Eun Hye.
If he takes the "Home Alone," role, Kang will play a man who moves to the U.S. after he loses his family. When he returns to Korea he hires a woman, played by Moon, to watch his dog. But their relationship turns into more.

ⓒ http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/90903/20150721/moon-geun-young-and-kang-ji-hwan-may-bond-over-a-dog.htm

@MGYlove thanks for the update!

I'm still conflicted over this drama.. But if MGY in, I'm in as well and will support her!

The plot reminds me of My Lovely Girl/She's So Lovable (and not in a good way because MLG was so boring). (in that drama the female lead also paid to take care the dog and the house of the male lead). Hopefully the drama is million times better than MLG and has high ratings!

Guest anitgone

And that's that then. Yeah me too, @MGYlove, just delurked a little bit...we have the movie to look forward to...I anticipate they will release more trailers, hopefully with Moonie in it....MGY fighting!!!

fsajfh.jpg

Star News - Naver: [Exclusive] Kang Ji Hwan and Moon Geun Young's KBS drama 'Home Alone' gets cancelled

1. [+1,008, -25]... What the...?

2. [+985, -71] Heol. I was expecting to see Moon Geun Young in a drama

3. [+676, -50] Heol.. I was excited for this ㅜㅜ

4. [+650, -74] Ah why!!!!! But I was excited for Moon Geun Young. Why?

5. [+560, -147] Nation's little sisters: Im Yejin, Moon Geun Young, Park Bo Young, Kim Yuna, IU

6. [+59, -3] Geez KBS. You're cancelling the drama not even two days after you released the casting articles. 

@MGYlove it's much ado about nothing.. after getting me excited then conflicted.. then now, nothing at all.. I think Moonie may not have any drama this year, maybe next year.. Still, I'm hoping the best for her!!

SIGH :crazy: Too much noise for nothing KBS, is what they test the fans of drama? I hope to see Moon Geun Young with a good script soon if possible, for now we'll settle for his movie The Throne

Moon Geun Young and Kang Ji Hwan’s Possible New Drama “Home Alone” Cancelled

kang-ji-hwan-moon-geun-young.png

KBS was in the pre-production of a new drama titled “Home Alone,” but it was recently turned down and cancelled.

Actress Moon Geun Young and actor Kang Ji Hwan were in talks of joining the drama, but an affiliate of KBS said on July 22, “The Monday-Tuesday drama ‘Home Alone’ decided to cancel its production during today’s meeting.”

The drama was supposed to air in October and was about a businessman who flies to America after losing his family. After he succeeds in his business, he returns to Korea and hires a woman to take care of his dog. The drama unfolds as the two start to interact with one another.

In earlier news, both agencies of Kang Ji Hwan and Moon Geun Young had said that the actors received the love calls and were looking over the roles.

Moon Geun Young has taken a break from the small screen for two years, and Kang Ji Hwan has done the same for one year after his last role in “Big Man.”

How unfortunate! Were you looking forward to this drama?

(c)soompi.com

KBS nixes potential Kang Ji-hwan–Moon Geun-young drama Home Alone

by javabeans | July 22, 2015 | 4 Comments

kangjihwan_373a.jpg

Remember Home Alone, that new drama that was aiming to pair Kang Ji-hwan and Moon Geun-young as love interests that was announced all of two days ago? Well never mind, you can go ahead and forget it now, because that’s what KBS is doing—it has backpedaled and removed the drama from the schedule.

It’s a surprising move for its suddenness; everything about this project was handled so abruptly—one day it was here, and the next day it was gone. Home Alone had been talked about as a Monday-Tuesday drama for KBS, to follow Taming Mother-in-Law (which follows currently airing I Remember You). The plot was to center around a main character who loses his family, moves to the States, finds success there as a businessman, then moves back to Korea and falls for the woman caretaker for his house and dog.

I can’t say I was excited about any of that, but I was holding out hope because I like both actors (though can’t quite see them together) and was excited to see the Healer PD return with his next drama (even if it had to be with the My Secret Hotel writer). And even if the public reaction wasn’t too excited—it wasn’t vehemently opposed, but I read a lot of “What an odd pairing” and “Huh, I’m not sure about this” reactions—I didn’t expect the broadcaster to pull the plug so suddenly.

According to a source with the KBS drama department, it was decided in a July 22 meeting not to proceed with Home Alone, and they’re back to the drawing board to find a new drama to take that timeslot. That means Kang Ji-hwan and Moon Geun-young are still on the hunt to find their drama comebacks.

Via TV Report

Link: http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/07/kbs-nixes-potential-kang-ji-hwan-moon-geun-young-drama-home-alone/

-----------------------------------

Really KBS, just 2 days to scrap a new project? That was fast!

Moon Geun Young's son.. Seo Jun... :w00t::w00t:

jG4quDy.png

Lee Hwi Jae: What is mom's name?

Mktdgkp.png

Seo Jun: Moon Geun Young

4AeZCFK.png

MGY: Seo Jun-ah, annyeong~

LOL.. Seo Jun's real mom is Moon Jung Won.. how he could possibly mistake it to MGY? Hehehe

Archived