Japanese Discussion 日本語の討論会

Guest putasmileon

NYAPPPPPPPY!

i learn some japanese from dramas/shows/songs, but i need more education on it.

maybe i'll try to learn it with a pro sometime...hahaha

its just cause i love their culture and styles and stuff~ jrock and jpop! MUAHA

and this may be random, but i love how they speak english XD

OH AND BTW,

this site is like a translator thing wear you can type something in one language and make it translate it into the other language. for example: korean to japanese.

http://www.athropolis.com/translate.htm

its pretty good =) i use it often XD lmfao.

hmm, now i think translators are good for getting the basis of a meaning, but when using them seriously and stuff as to translate english into an asian language especially, it's usually a bad idea.

usually the translations are messed up and such. It doesn't sound natural, very textbooky and messed up.

but i'm good for them as in, using it to translate from a language into english to get a basis of the meaning, if you know what i mean. cause i sometime use them rather than sitting there with a dictionary deciphering every word. ^_^

今日は東京に行きます(kyou ha toukyou ni ikimasu)→Today (I'll) go in Tokyo (< that's what the translator produced)

that's alright cause you can work out the meaning but if you translated "Today I'll go to tokyo" into Japanese→今日の東京都に行くつもりなん(kyou no toukyouto ni iku tsumori nan) - O____O;;

that has a some sort of "today he/she/I/they intend(s) to go to tokyo"

the nan, i don't even know what that's doing there!

but yeah if you're using them for japanese/english, that's a good idea as it does sorta help getting the basis of the meaning.

but for english/japanese (or any language for that matter) they aren't really accurate.

ofc these translators are good for good fun, but not to be used seriously.

i just thought i would mention that cause i've known cases of people using translators with native japanese people and i doubt they were understood! hahah.

hmm once i get started i do ramble on. ^^;;

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

o0o..

Japanese is a fun language to learn!

II desu Yo!!

Nihonga ga DAISUKI Da Ne.

yes definitely! Japanese is my favourite class at the moment and the only class im really enjoying xD hehe

yeyy~

i just started kanji in Japanese at the moment and have my first test tomorrow! pretty fun and easy since i know Chinese characters just the different pronounciaton and stuff is confusing @_@ and some of the kanji later get hardd ><

Guest §ξЯ��̃ξňf

ahoee

kahee

my best shot at representing the vowels. (:

and i take it you're a gazettE fan. <3

Really? I was way off :sweatingbullets: . . . Thank you!

And yes, I am a Gazette fan!

Really? I was way off :sweatingbullets: . . . Thank you!

And yes, I am a Gazette fan!

Here's a site with audio files on how to pronounce basic vocab and some other things, if you want to get a feel for it

http://japanese.about.com/library/blsoundfile.htm

yeahh.. are there an ykorean sites where u can learn japanese?

You can find some stuff here

http://trcskim.pe.kr/index-.htm

Oh and I love Japan. I love the Japanese culture and language but when I search up Japanese lessosn on google, I'm not sure if it's correct or not? Is there a way where you know if the japanese language is correct or fake?

For grammar, using multiple websites would help verify that the info is correct. For example sentences, you would have to ask someone (here for example). You can also enter your own sentences into a google image search and see how many hits you get with relevant pictures.

yes definitely! Japanese is my favourite class at the moment and the only class im really enjoying xD hehe

yeyy~

i just started kanji in Japanese at the moment and have my first test tomorrow! pretty fun and easy since i know Chinese characters just the different pronounciaton and stuff is confusing @_@ and some of the kanji later get hardd ><

o0o..

you're that far already?

nice. im reaching there soon.

writing in Kanji is fun! hehe!

Yes, some are hard to write.

to many strokes, but it's fun.

OH! Thank you all for the help :D

I can learn Japanese on trustworthy internet sites now ^^;;

I'm a real Japanese fanatic, I wish to go there some day and learn the culture

I hope that I can speak fluently in it ^^;;

Domo arigato gozaimasu !

Guest yureru132

I have several questions.

I'm studying the bible and I've come across a few things.

The passage I'm quoting from talks about the characteristics of love.

1. 愛は自分のやり方を押し通そうとしません。 <--what exactly does this mean? is it an idiom of some sort or expression? Just by looking up the vocabulary, I cannot understand the exact meaning.

2. また、苛々せず、腹を立てません。 <-- what exactly does the red part mean? it means to get irritated, right? err... just making sure

3. どんな犠牲を払っても、誠実であろうとするでしょう。 <--can you explain this structure to me?

My friend said it was for essays and writing etc, but he didn't have time to actually explain it :X.

4. 命がけで、その人を守りめくでしょう。Red part...what does that mean? is there a kanji for it?

1. 愛は自分のやり方を押し通そうとしません。 <--what exactly does this mean? is it an idiom of some sort or expression? Just by looking up the vocabulary, I cannot understand the exact meaning.

2. また、苛々せず、腹を立てません。 <-- what exactly does the red part mean? it means to get irritated, right? err... just making sure

My friend said it was for essays and writing etc, but he didn't have time to actually explain it :X.

1. 愛は自分のやり方を押し通そうとしません。 また、苛々せず、腹を立てません

Love does not demand its own way. It is not irritable or touchy.

It's not an idiom, it's pretty much a direct Japanese translation from the English version of the bible which is why it sounds kind of funny in Japanese. If you translated it literally it would sound kind of awkward.

どんな犠牲を払っても、誠実であろうとするでしょう

3. (literally) No matter what sacrifice is paid, you shall remain faithful

(more naturally) Be thou faithful unto death

である is the literary equivalent of だ (as in 私はアメリカ人だ・私はアメリカ人です), therefore であろう is the literary equivalent of だろう or でしょう

4. 命がけで、その人を守りめくでしょう

You shall protect them with your life.

命がけ means with one's life (the dictionary defines 命がけ as "死ぬ覚悟で物事をすること。また、そのさま。決死。懸命")

There is no kanji for it as far as I know

Does that help you? Just ask if you have anymore questions :D

Guest KAITOU KID.

1. 愛は自分のやり方を押し通そうとしません。

"Ai wa jibun no yarikata wo oshi tousou-to shimasen"

Love does not try to make way/push through past your own way of doing things

"Mata, ira-irasezu, hara wo tatemasen"

Again/also, without getting irritated, you can not get angry

*So like nuwera said, the red part means without getting irritated.

"Donna gisei wo harattemo, seijitsu de arou to suru deshou"

No matter what sacrifice you make, you will remain (Honestly, I'm not 100% on this one >_<; )

"Inochi-gake de, sono hito wo mamori-meku deshou"

[You will] risk your life to protect that person

命がけ; 命 reads as いのち - life. 命がけ means risking your life. (:

*EDIT: Tamago beat me to it while I was typing that LOLOL. It's better than mine, so listen to him xDD

Also omg yeah, once you put #1+#2 together, it makes a lot more sense.

愛は自分のやり方を押し通そうとしません。 また、苛々せず、腹を立てません

Haha, couldn't see that >_< /fail T_T

Guest jenlien93

ok i found this japanese face wash in my house the other day

and i tried to search it online to see what it does for your face but i found nothing

and since i cant read the back i took pictures of it hoping one of you guys can help me translate it

sorry if the pictures are blurry.

Photo1-2.jpg

Photo3-1.jpg

Guest VitaDolce*

Good Day! I just want to ask

if anyone here I can PM for

Japanese translations?

Because it's kinda personal and

it's for an audition :D

watashi wa yurusu anata or should it be anata yurusu watashi wa

what are you trying to say? i forgive you?

i forgive you is "watashi wa anata o yurusu" because word order in japanese is usually subject object verb (i you forgive)

but most people would simply just say "yurusu" , if context is clear watashi and anata are not used

Archived