Scared For The New School Year?

blinky10

Especially when you hate the class your in..
Hi everyone, So im going itno grade 9, whcih is my last year in our school. So we found out what class we were going to be put in on the last day fo school. Btw, we are stuck with the same class for the rest of the year for every subject.. Anyway, i was put in a class with no f riends, and when i saw who was in my class.. i had No one. I started bawlind and cried for 2 days i guess. Yeah i know, pathetic. I guess im just scared of being alone. has anyone ever been in this situation? What should i do? I feel very uncomfortable in the class and schools gonna start in 1 more month.. :(

Edit: Thanks everyone but, i basically know everyoen sicne ive goen to school with most of them since elementary, it's just your in a clique and you usually only hang out with that clique. Sure i woudl talk to other peopel but im not close and stuff. Its really scary to then suddenly start having to hang out with them for a whole year and bother them. >.< Im thinking of changing out of my class..?

What should i do? I feel very uncomfortable in the class and schools gonna start in 1 more month..

Take that one month to learn how to make friends.

What else can you do?

EDIT: I had interpreted "no one" as simply no one you knew without bothering to take into consideration what you meant by "hate the class".

Lol... we don't find out what our schedules are until late August.. and I'm going to 9th grade too, which includes new and bigger building. In this school, there's 3 large buildings shaped like circles... so if you're lost, you're practically going in circles. Eh, I'm not THAT nervous for the new school year. But it does suck if you have no friends in your class, but you'll eventually make friends in those classes, right? It could be worst, like knowing NO ONE in the class though.

Guest v13tnammer

Your classes might be very quiet and boring for a few days to a few weeks but you'll eventually make friends!

Guest erika.march1993

don't worry honey you'll find friends. Its HIGH SCHOOL! Be friendly and nice and I'm sure you'll find friends, maybe even BEST friends.

---

oops sorry didn't read it right. Its a new year, you'll make new friends.

Guest youandmee

yeah , don't worry . you'll be able to meet new people & get to know them , become friends you know ? [;

just have conversations with the people in your class and you'll eventually be more comfortable . ^^

don't worry honey you'll find friends. Its HIGH SCHOOL! Be friendly and nice and I'm sure you'll find friends, maybe even BEST friends.

It's not high school for her, as stated in the first line (grade 9 = my last year in our school). Thus I will assume she follows the 7-8-9 grade-system in asia and some of EU I suppose.

Unless she's actually transferring...

Guest kissAndRUN

Dont worry, I was in that same situation..

I had no friends in one class in my freshmen year, like literally NONE.

and everyone had their own group, so i couldnt really try to make friends with them, they didnt even want to talk to me anyways..

BUT I SURVIVED, so its alright LOL.

(:

dude, i had to go through something really similar with this. when i first went to high school for 9th grade, i was sent to a school where nobody from my middle school was goin. there was a couple people, but i didn't really know them. and they werent in most of my classes anyway. only p.e i think. but every single other class, NO ONE.

and making friends isnt exactly the easiest thing for me too. i'm a super shy&quiet person in class x_x

i was depressedddd. but dont worry, no matter how hopeless it ever seems to be, you'll make friends.

i got a group to start hangin out around after about a week after school started. doesnt sound like too long, i'm grateful i found people within a week. the first week was torture hahaha. i spent all my lunch&break walking aimlessly around the school eatin whatever i had, waitin near my next class. cause i had no one.

man, i sound like a serious loner. but i honestly was :sweatingbullets:

haha anyway, dont worry. u'll make friends faster than u think. if i can, anybody can. :P

Guest <3StrawberryPocky<3

Yeah, I know what you mean!! Last year, I was entering an entirely different school since I was going to a private high school instead of going to the public one. I had two friends from my old school that were also going, but they weren't really in any of my classes......but I learned to make new friends!! History class for me was the worst since I knew absolutely no one, and the majority were people part of the popular group. I'm painfully shy, but luckily, I found one person I became friends with!! So even though you know no one now, overtime you will develop at least one relationship with a person in that class! It could even be with the most unlikely person. :D I'm scared for the new school year because I actually pretty much died freshman year in my school. I'm a procrastinator and in this school, you'll learn the consequences of starting things late. -__- Hahha.

Guest beatiingheartzx3

im experiencing the same thing right now!

i have this "group" tht i hang out with... and i used to be really close with them...

but tht all changed... and now im only really close to one of them (theres five of us)

the other three... they don't talk to me, and i dont think they like me :(

and this year, im stuck with them!! my best friend got put into another class!

seriously, i started crying my eyes out! i felt so alone!

i hope i get into a different class, cuz there are three classes... but then one with some ppl from each class.

i REALLY hope tht i can get into tht class with some other ppl tht i might be close to... and not them. (no offense)

ARGH!!! my life is f*cked uppp. :tears:

Guest forgottenmemories

All I have to say is, get over it. Its a part of life, you're gonna be on your own once you hit college anyway.

Make the best of the situation and learn to make new friends. Good luck :)

Guest cow_vinh

u can still keep in contact with ur older friends.

and trust me u make new ones easier than putting socks on.

lol maybe u might find ur s/o ;D

Guest *Melissaa

That's what happens when you're new in high school. I'm sure most people goes through this. Where they are in a class where they don't know anyone. You may be put in classes where you don't know anyone, so you'll have to make new friends in your class. Like when I was in grade 9, in my homeroom I knew only 1 girl but not that much. When we were actually in class I had to sit beside people I didn't know at all, but I ended up being friends with everyone :)

Well you're still in the same school as your friends so don't feel too bad.

It feels weird at first but try making new friends, you'll have more fun.

Most of the people I talk to in my classes are not in my circle of friends but that doesn't mean you guys can't bond haha. Just pick the friendly looking people ^^;

Or you can just change your classes but I would stick to making new friends, you won't regret it.

Guest sweetbow

That's what happened to me last year, but slowly I got more and more comfortable around them and made great friends!

It takes a while but once you open up to them you'll meet lots of great new people :)

Guest ` J e s s

I've been in a similar situation before. I was placed in a P.E. class where I had no particularly good friends. The teacher asked us to partner up, and I was left alone basically. And there was another girl who was left alone. So we were basically sorta forced to partner, and we started partnering every time. After about a month or so, I got to know her really well and we've been really good friends.

Sure, you might not be able to have a situation exactly like that. But many teachers (at least at my school) like to assign seats for the entire year. So take advantage of that, and become friends with those around you. Even if they have better friends in the class, their friends could be on the other side of the classroom so you guys can still talk to each other and be friends. :]

Guest missaque

When you're in a class with these people for a whole school year,

it's inevitable that you will make friends with some of them.

Also.

You may think you know who these people are...

take some time to REALLY get to know them.

you'll most likely be pleasantly surprised.

Guest supa'Wanki

No never, I always made new and cool friends in class. And in college, you're all alone in the beginning anyways. Get used to it.

Archived