One Name You Just Couldn't Name Your Child.

Guest ilikecandixD

Guest Lightbug

I heard that there's a woman in a nearby town named "mini cooperhead" (pronounced Shih-Tay-Uhd).  Then again, this looks like this might just be a popular urban legend.  Regardless, I won't name any children that :P.

edit: Sodding auto sensor! :P

edit edit: I do, however, know a kid in real life named "Asonoson" or something like that.  It's pronounced like "Uh-saun-o-saun."  He was the little brother of a person my age named "Answar."  I won't give those names to kids, either :P

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest losborrachos

any common name. also, names that might result in a nickname that ends in "y" or "ie"... like i wouldn't name my daughter patricia, because people will call her "patty", or elizabeth, if it'd result in "lizzie" or "betty". or nicole or nicholas. i just think those nicknames are pretty lame. also, they're usually common names, so no.

i also wouldn't name my kid "ninja", because a good friend of mine already named his son that, and i'd just be a copycat. he named his other kids "atticus" and "sibyl", so i guess those names are out, too.

Guest velvetsky

for girls it would be Barbara. There's something about this names that summons up this old and fragile feeling every time I hear it.

Then it would be Agatha, Bertha & Agnes. 

As for boys, definitely GAYLORD LOL. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cyprusholidays

I will never name my kid Stephanie and Daniel..the both are my teachers who spoiled me from playing guitars...I hate them...

Guest darkmist

Girls: no gemstone related names (Amethyst, Diamond, Ruby, etc), Money (no joke there are ppl named that =.=), or really common/popular names like Jennifer/Emily/Elizabeth.

Boys: Adam, Bruno, Brutus (the last 2 make me think of bulldogs XD).

Guest beta_shen

i mean there are a lot of terrible/odd names i wouldnt name my kid

but of the more "common" names i would never name my kid is Mary & Gertrude

for guys ... eh Bob

Guest vanillax33

Girl: Rebecca

Boy: Jeremy

also old sounding names that dont have nicknames to them! like Edith, Agnes, (brain fart for guys :s)

i agree, some names adds years to children's ages.

i actually dont mind Richard :o when theyre a kid, they can go with Rich(ie) or Rick(y) xD

Guest silver_moon525

i will NEVER name my kid helga @@ that names scares the hell out of me :x

OMG same here. Helga and Bertha are like [shudder] crazy.gif

mmm, i think it's kinda peculiar when an american celebrity names their kid "Apple" or something. it's cute as a nickname, but i wouldn't be able to name my child after any food/drink.

"hey Sauvignon, how are you doing?"

"what's up Strawberry Shortcake?!"

"yoooooo! bacon! what's goin ONNNNN?!"

Archived