Everlasting (Japanese Vers.)

mysticsprinkle

My first recording. :o
Okay, so I got a new computer... and I decided to celebrate with recording a song. BoA's "Everlasting" to be exact. Well, erm... here are my warnings before you listen. xD

1. I have only listened to the actualy song a couple times; so it might not be exactly perfect. :sweatingbullets:
2. I recorded this this morning at like... 9am. LOL. So if my voice is a little restrained sounding, it's because my dad was sleeping and I didn't wanna wake him up.
3. I am obviously new to the recording scene, so.. it's not top notch by any means.

So with those warnings posted, here's the link.
Everlasting (Japanese Vers.)
(*you might have to turn it up to hear it. >_< gregregb.)

Comments and such are appreciated, just keep my warnings in mind. >_<
I'm so nervous to post this here. :sweatingbullets:

Oh my goodness, you have such a pretty voice. *jaw drops* :o

I'm going to try to make some somewhat constructive comments though. :P

The beginning was slightly off-key, I think, and there were two or three other parts where you didn't quite hit the notes completely. It's interesting because I felt that you hit almost all of the hard-to-reach notes really well but missed a few somewhat random (in my opinion) ones. You did a great job of staying on key overall though.

I can tell that you put emotion into your voice (I really like this aspect of your clip), but I could tell that you were holding back a little. The overall recording might have been better had your father not been sleeping, haha.

The chorus sounded a bit choppy (as opposed to smooth), but I think that's how BoA sang it too so that's probably okay. (:

All of ^ those things can be fixed through practice/work, so I really hope my comments don't put you off in any way. You really do have a beautiful and clear voice, and I envy you for that (I'm not just saying that for the sake of saying it). You're better than quite a few of the female gasoos out there and you have a ton of potential. Keep singing!!!! <333

Guest luvjunjin0819

yayyyyy...u posted this, Donna <3!! :D:D:D

wow...^ they're much better at giving criticism than me. But, they said the one thing that I did...u do have a good voice...and LOTS of potential! I like this better w/ the instrumental i might add. altho...I will send u that other program so that u can make ur clips louder...cuz i had to turn my volume up up pretty loud...but u are worth it! ^__^

anyways...great job, and keep at it girl! AND........ record when no one's sleeping....i wanna hear ur full potential!

Take care,

Tab ;)

Guest K-popMiko

I wish I can control my voice like yours and make mine less "powerful" and softer with songs like this <_<

You do have a really pretty voice. The clip was a little soft, but it wasn't really a problem.

I'm looking forward to another song from you!

iridescent ; Wow! First off, thank you so much for the compliment!! I really appreciate it. :blush:

And I will most likely be redoing this song, because you are SO right; I was off in the beginning and it hurt my ears. LOL. :sweatingbullets: I'm also going to listen to the original a couple more times because, like I said, I only listened to it twice before singing it. Haha. I was just so happy to have a new computer that I sang the first song to come to mind.

It's just funny how you pointed out I missed some notes that were random, and not the harder ones. HAHA. I must have still been asleep then. :o Wow. I usually miss the higher ones.

"You're better than quite a few of the female gasoos out there and you have a ton of potential. Keep singing!!!! <333" <--- Thank you sooooo much, that means a lot to me. <3333333

luvjunjin0819 ; I gave up on the whole mixing idea because to me, it was too complicated. And like I said last night I am rather lazy. LOL. So I just played with the volumes. I wonder why it sounds low when you play it.. all my friends said that it was loud enough. Hmn~ Anyway, thank you soooo much for the compliments! We should sing a song together now that I have a mic. xD

K-popMiko ; Aw, thank you so much for the compliment!!!! Haha, yeah I think it was a bit soft for other people as well, but on my computer it sounded okay. I will work on that I think. xD

Guest K_Holic

you are amazing at singing!! at first i thought it was going to be bad because you gave reasons on why it should be...it's beautiful!!

Guest heygingersnap

waaa, this is one of my most favorite songs EVER.

you did pretty well -- a little off-key in a couple places -- but you have a great voice! the only other thing i'd say about is your pronounciation, but keep up the good work. :)

Archived