Do You Hang Out With People Quite A Bit Younger/older Than You?

Guest 영원한 사랑

Guest 영원한 사랑

Is it appropriate or not you think?
One of my good friends is 4 years older than me and my parents often think its weird ... they dont really like me hanging out with them often, instead they think i should hang out with people my age... For me, age doesn't really matter that much...and i hang out with younger people, people my age, or somewhat older...

I have friends who feel embarrassed or don't like hanging around with peepz who are really young or quite a bit older than them.....

So, just wondering, what you think about being friends or hanging around with someone quite a bit younger or older?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Aimiko

I find it normal lol.

There are some people that I can get along with, and yes..they're about 2-4 years younger. And then, I also hang out with people that are indeed older than me by 2-3 years. (Not that extreme, I know.)

Truthfully, I really don't see a big deal in it. They're fine with it, I'm fine with it. We have things in common, hence why we 'hang out' with each other, so I don't think that age should play a factor in it.

Unless it's a hugeeeeee age gap. Then I'll have to think twice over it. :huh:

PS: I don't 'hang out' with little kids / old people, but I do get along with them fine.

Guest hishari

Most of my friends are older than me.

I just find that a lot of guys my age are very immature and I don't want to deal with that.

Guest `Koko

I find it completely normal (:

I have a lot of good friends that are older than me,

and a couple of friends that are younger than me.

We get along well so I don't see what's wrong with hanging out with them and such.

However, my parents find it weird that I hang out with some people younger than me sometimes,

my parents would rather me hang out with someone older than younger.

but for me, it doesn't really matter at all. Friends are friends, no matter what age (:

Guest forgottenmemories

99% of my friends are at least one year older than me. So I think its normal. :)

Don't worry, it's normal. The group I hang out with, everyone is a year or two older than me. There's only one girl who is younger and one who is my age. Personally, I can't stand hanging out with the people that are my age because they're immature. I'm pretty mature for my age I guess, my friends sometimes even forget than I'm younger, haha. My mom's fine with me going out with my older friends though since she knows for a fact that I barely have any same-age friends.

Guest vietbaby_

it's normal for me, because i have friends who are older/younger than me.

i find myself hanging w/people who actually click w/my interests. (:

not everyone i chill w/are my age, because like hishari said,

most guys my age are very immature. >_>

Guest noodles_love

i think its completely normal. i'm 15 and i hang out with 17-19 year olds all the time =)

Guest xAzumi

This topic completely describe me.

I get along splendidly with my younger cousins, who are mostly in elementary school. I take them out to watch new movies coming out, restaurants, arcades, adventure parks, and any activities they have in mind. I enjoy spending them with them, because I believe that cheerishing moments with them when they are young, will help them how important their childhood are than growing up too fast in a harsh world out there. I take them out as if they are my children, we eat ice cream together, and we go on the jumpers when special occasions come.

As for adults like my age, yes I definately bring life to the party. I am a funny gal to begin with, I can completely hang out with my guyfriends, shopping buddies, girlfriends, and my relatives. I am a very modest, and mature person. I give very creative comments, and carry out long conversation. I am a proper, and responsible. I can also be smart mouth, funny, quick witted, and annoying. I never found anyone so far, that didn't want to hang out with me.

I can be a kid at heart, and an adult at first glance.

Guest NEYUGN93

Its absolutely normal

In fact, my closest friend is a 20 year old guy=)

I'm 6teen

EDITED 220909

No longer friends with him. FCUKEN DUMPED ME AS A FRIEND FOR HIS GF >=(

Guest yasmie

One of my best friends is a 19 year old guy, I'm 16.

And while I was in Malaysia, I met up with a guy friend who is 22 and he took me out to breakfast.

Being a Muslim, it's highly inappropriate to be out with him, just us two.

We didn't intend for it to be that way since his friend was supposed to show up.

But we didn't mind, we're friends and enjoy each others company.

I'm used to hanging out with people much older than I am, most of my friends in freshman year were seniors or alumnis.

Guest GaeasX

Age doesn't matter with me, maturity level does. :lol:

I'd rather hang out with a mature 14 year old than an immature person my age (20) or older.

But I don't meet younger people that often (live in college dorm)

so most of my friends are around my age 18-24.

Guest screamxlove

I think once you hit 18 or 20, parents don't really mind how old your friends are and stuff. Plus, if your parents know they're good people, then it shouldn't really matter at all. It's all about the maturity level, rather than the age. I have friends who are older than me, the oldest being in her 50s and she's so full of life, I love it <3

I don't mind hanging out with people younger or older than me. Just as long as they're mature enough to handle certain things, then everything should be okay.

Guest BAZINGA!

I hang out with..18 at the VERY LEAST but usually 19-29 is the age of my friends.

I don't know anyone under 19.

Guest ShadowMax76

ah.. how can i not say it weirds me out to hear some of the girl+man 'friendships'.. but eh. -shrug- please don't mind me.

Archived