少女時代 Girls' Generation (소녀시대) Official Thread 2

Guest zahieyjunki

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The repackage has sold more than 23,000 after two days.

20,000 was the original estimate for the first week sales but now it will surpass 30,000 and may even approach 40,000

With sales like this the goal for final actual sales of Oh! album(including the repack) is adjusted to 280,000.

silis thanks for the news as always... we all appreciate it

and silis, a friend of mine in Korea mentioned that Korean retailers are mass ordering the repackage album and outpacing the orders of Oh!, the 1st version by a ratio of 4:1... is this true?? if you could please confirm this with your sources there... if this is true, this is a GIGANTIC feat for SNSD, because repackage albums shouldn't outlast the ratio or numbers of sales to its original version... but she said that there are "new fans of SNSD" (those who didn't buy Oh! or their previous albums) are flocking in stores (besides the internet), she said that the numbers of Oh!+repackage album might triple!! :blink: and don't be surprise to see numbers reaching towards or even surpass 500,000 (just for Oh! and repackage album) before the year ends and after their Asia concerts has ended!! i know the number maybe speculative, but WOW!!!!

this is why she said SM continues to promote SNSD constantly despite what we heard lately (i know we all are concern for the girls' health), but don't be surprise if SM pushed the envelope in 2010, don't be surprise if more girls get sick along the way (cold or flu, etc) :(

i wanna say thank you to everyone who are updating this thread with many pictures, gifs, video links and news regarding any of the girls ;) because they're all SNSD, and i appreciate it ^_^

Guest MusicForLife

I watched Strong Heart on youtube and Jessica was so cute on the show. But I didn't find any Sunny cut. Did they cut her screen time ? I was laughing at Jessica's and Sunny's clothes. Jess was casually dressed and Sunny princess like.

I noticed that compared to other girl groups, SNSD has less magazine shoots. I wonder why.

Guest HyperionZ
I watched Strong Heart on youtube and Jessica was so cute on the show. But I didn't find any Sunny cut. Did they cut her screen time ? I was laughing at Jessica's and Sunny's clothes. Jess was casually dressed and Sunny princess like.

I noticed that compared to other girl groups, SNSD has less magazine shoots. I wonder why.

This year, they don't have alot of magazine shoots, but last year in 2009 they had a bunch. I think SM would rather do CFs than photoshoots since that is where you make more money, so they aren't doing as many as they did last year.

2uss, that would be so interesting to know. I really hope that rumor from your friend is at least somewhat true because that would be even more amazing than what the girls are currently doing right now. 200k album sales for even boybands means you are the top echelon of the music industry, and the only ones to have reaching that are DBSK, Big Bang and Super Junior from what I have seen, so getting 300k album sales is unbelievable.

Guest Lishathestain
The previous record for biggest female artist album of the current kpop era was held by the 1st Album (+repack) from a group called SNSD. They were able to reign for 2 years with sales of around 150K until we broke it recently. Pity to them^^

lol o i c wat u did thar :D

anyway, thanks for always keeping us informed!

haha yea i noticed that too. Sunny looked like she's going to walk on the red carpet while Sica just looked like she's going to the mall or hanging out at a cafe :lol:

i'm wondering about that too. i mean with the Gee popularity the girls were all over the magz like Elle Girl, Vogue Girl, CeCi, etc last year, but i guess they're just too busy now? or like HyperionZ said, SM would rather accept offers for CFs.

i would like to see all 9 of them in Nylon or Dazed&Confused..

thanks for the links :D

Guest Take Five
well that's not very princess-like of her ROFL.

[100323] Sica "Oooohhh~ Yah!" Cut - Strong Heart

hahaha. i didn't even know sica's voice could go that low. the strong heart scarf kiss was too cute. honestly, sica and taeyeon have some of the best aegyo even though they both say they hate it lol.

the last WGM ep was way too cute too. i've only seen 2 other couples on that show, but i think i like them the best so far(even after only 4 eps)

Guest MusicForLife
This year, they don't have alot of magazine shoots, but last year in 2009 they had a bunch. I think SM would rather do CFs than photoshoots since that is where you make more money, so they aren't doing as many as they did last year.

Sorry for cutting your post. Yes, I know they had last year some,especially the better known magazines like Allure with Tiffany,Yuri and Jessica ; Ceci with all 9 and Nylon with Jessica & Yuri. There were more but they didn't do many in 2007 and 2008. I noticed that girl groups from other companies do a lot magazine and fashion related stuff,even the rookies have so many already. But I understand that SM wants to make money as much as they can,so the CFs are a better choice. It's a bit sad,because some Soshi members are really interested in fashion and have fun at these shootings. I remember from an account that the Ceci staff was delighted with Sunny and Tiffany and picked Tiffany as 'some lovely Ceci Icon'.

Thanks for replying.

lol o i c wat u did thar :D

anyway, thanks for always keeping us informed!

haha yea i noticed that too. Sunny looked like she's going to walk on the red carpet while Sica just looked like she's going to the mall or hanging out at a cafe :lol:

i'm wondering about that too. i mean with the Gee popularity the girls were all over the magz like Elle Girl, Vogue Girl, CeCi, etc last year, but i guess they're just too busy now? or like HyperionZ said, SM would rather accept offers for CFs.

i would like to see all 9 of them in Nylon or Dazed&Confused..

thanks for the links :D

lol. Exactly. I was thinking if the stylist is weird or if he/she dolled Sunny purposely up, so she can get a bit more screentime because she doesn't get much on Strong Heart. The show has to many guests.

But Jessica does a really good job on Strong Heart. I think she likes the show and feels at ease there.

Yes,I wish they did more magazine shoots, they look really good in them and it shows a diffrent side of them. Plus I think it would help them. Yes,they are really popular,but girls read magazines and trying new things,diffrent things, could bring them more fangirls. And it seems like we have the same taste. I would like to see them in Nylon or Dazed&Confused too or going for a bolder look/theme in Marie Claire or W.

Guest silis7noy2
i wanna know how much repack album korean sones targetting? cuz 23k for only 2 days was so so impressive. if they keep these huge sales for whole week i guess repack album could reach even 50k.

if the sales reach 280k, it's a big number anyway like crazy sales for female singer would you think they will bring home daesang this year?

i wasn't thought they could win digital daesang but could be disk daesang. aish i keep thinking too much.

same question like citra - are they attend Baeksang awards?

SNSD's album will be a strong contender for the disk daesang now for sure. But whether we can actually win it's too early to tell, we'll have to see the plans of other big boybands this year. In about six months time this daesang talk will become a hot topic.

The only rumor about Baeksang attendance is that Yoona will be presenting the Rookie Award

silis thanks for the news as always... we all appreciate it

and silis, a friend of mine in Korea mentioned that Korean retailers are mass ordering the repackage album and outpacing the orders of Oh!, the 1st version by a ratio of 4:1... is this true?? if you could please confirm this with your sources there... if this is true, this is a GIGANTIC feat for SNSD, because repackage albums shouldn't outlast the ratio or numbers of sales to its original version... but she said that there are "new fans of SNSD" (those who didn't buy Oh! or their previous albums) are flocking in stores (besides the internet), she said that the numbers of Oh!+repackage album might triple!! :blink: and don't be surprise to see numbers reaching towards or even surpass 500,000 (just for Oh! and repackage album) before the year ends and after their Asia concerts has ended!! i know the number maybe speculative, but WOW!!!!

Ummm no haha there is no such thing in Korea. I think your friend was just too excited for SNSD ^^ Although the idea about additional sales after Asian Tour promotion is an interesting possibility.

We have to realize how big 200,000 album sales is in kpop.

On average kpop female artists can sell maybe 5,000 copies

For male artists maybe 10,000 copies

Top popular girlgroup can sell 30,000 and call it daebak

The biggest female solo artist can maybe sell 60,000

200K is a significant portion of the total Korean annual album sales, it is a number that can actually affect the economy of kpop.

The peak of Korean album industry was about 10 years ago and 200K today would translate roughly to about a million copies back then.

Only 3 or 4 biggest kpop acts can achieve 200K+ sales in this era.

And 200K for a girlgroup has never happend in the current era, let alone 280K. No one thought it was possible.

280K is almost a reality now but once we actually achieve it, that will be a glorious day for SONEs. It's just going to be one of the greatest achievements in SNSD history.

Guest Lishathestain

^i think to be in the disk daesang nomination itself is already a huge accomplishment for the girls.

sones are just amazing at supporting the girls :)

lol. Exactly. I was thinking if the stylist is weird or if he/she dolled Sunny purposely up, so she can get a bit more screentime because she doesn't get much on Strong Heart. The show has to many guests.

But Jessica does a really good job on Strong Heart. I think she likes the show and feels at ease there.

Yes,I wish they did more magazine shoots, they look really good in them and it shows a diffrent side of them. Plus I think it would help them. Yes,they are really popular,but girls read magazines and trying new things,diffrent things, could bring them more fangirls. And it seems like we have the same taste. I would like to see them in Nylon or Dazed&Confused too or going for a bolder look/theme in Marie Claire or W.

guh a themed photo shoot would be amazing *_*

cmon SM i think the girls have enough CFs for now lol please get them some magazine spreads instead.

oh you could be right.. they might dolled up Sunny for that reason.

and yeah unless you get to sit on the first row, you won't get that much airtime in SH.

i must say though sica's story in SH was pretty hilarious. esp when Sunny came out with the byunSica story :lol;

what happened in Strong Heart; thanks angie/loving_D for the trans :)

translations from today's Strong Heart

Sica: We've all reached the 20's now...even maknae's 20. But we're still saying 'oppa, oppa'.

Sica: There are a few terms that when we hear them, we don't know what to do.

LSG: For example?

Sica: Like boyfriend, date, kiss...if they hear these terms, the girls go crazy!

LSG: They go crazy because they like it so much or because they're uncomfortable?

Sica: Both

Sica: For us, it's hard to imagine even walking around with a boyfriend. Kissing is just out of the question since the idea of dating a boyfriend is so forbidden to us. But one night, we finished practice and were getting into the van to leave the office. We were about to turn on the headlights when we saw, in front of the school, this couple tightly holding onto each other...and they were like "peck, peck, peck, peck, peck" (kissing sounds) But if we turned on the headlights, they would shine on them when it's so late at night. The couple didn't even know that and they were just passionately kissing. The members were like "omg omg, what do we do?" (being girls) but sunny and i were more like "OHH YAH! LOOK AT THAT!"

Sunny: When did I do that??

Sica: To be honest, the "OHHH" part was me. Sunny was just watching carefully not avoiding it.

KHD: And what did you do, Jessica?

Sica: OHHH!!! *laughs* because it's interesting! After that, people kept asking me if I was a byuntae. Are you pretending that you don't like this stuff when you actually do?

Sunny: That wasn't the only situation that made Jessica come across as a byuntae...

Sunny: All the girls change in the same room because we're all girls. But while we were changing, someone said that they heard a camera clicking sound. Everyone was surprised and said "What was that??" and we found out that it was Jessica, taking secret photos. And they said that she laughed and said, "Look at you changing!" So they told her to erase it, but Jessica said no because those photos are part of her cherished memories now. They said she was laughing and bragging "Oh, I have yours, I have hers,etc."

Sica: Well, because those are things that only I can keep.

KHD: Yeah but if you misplace them, then it will be a serious problem.

LSG: So did you delete them?

Sica: Nope, I didn't delete them but I'm keeping them safe. Later, I have to use them (for blackmail LOL)

Sunny: 0_0

KHD: Where is that phone?

Sica: It's at our dorm

LSG: Ah...where is your dorm located? XD

KHD: Is there a kiss that you dream of?

Sica: If I think realistically, I want to...in front of our dorm where there's a lot of people...not minding anyone watching...*cracks up*

LSG: You really like imagining it don't you?

Sica: We are always walking around wearing scarfs and hats...so I would want someone to unravel the scarf and plant a kiss.

KHD: In front of everyone?

Sica: Yes...that's the kind of kiss that I dream for.

KHD: What kind of kiss do you dream of, Lee Jong Soo?

LJS: *blushes*

Everyone: Speak!

LJS: While I was listening to Jessica's dream kiss, I was imagining how good it would be if I was that person...

KHD: What about Seung Gi's dream kiss?

LSG: As Jessica was saying with her kiss, when you were talking about how someone unravels the scarf. Instead of unraveling the scarf, I just want to put the scarf around the person's neck, bring her in, and kiss her.

When LSG + Sica were re-enacting his+her dream kiss, he said "Come here~" when he pulled her in.

140khso.jpg

Guest Eltoshen

I think it makes sense why artists don't earn a lot from album sales in Korea. Look at how low the album sales are for KPOP's best selling girl band. It's kinda sad, really. :[

SNSD's lucky that they're getting lots of CF deals. They earn more from one CF than they do from a whole round of album promotions. D:

Guest kimmiemai
I think it makes sense why artists don't earn a lot from album sales in Korea. Look at how low the album sales are for KPOP's best selling girl band. It's kinda sad, really. :[

SNSD's lucky that they're getting lots of CF deals. They earn more from one CF than they do from a whole round of album promotions. D:

Well, you should take into account that this is Korea, a relatively small country in comparing to the highly populated US, where they can sell 100k albums day. Based on Silis's explaination of Korean music market, this is anything but low for KPOP. So, there isn't anything to be sad about. Cheer up. :D LOL!!

Thanks Silis for the posts! Praying the girls will reach the 280k or even more~ :D

And OMG Sica!!! LOL!! She should delete those pixs, you never know what will happen, especially now everyone knows such phone exists. ByunSic! <3

[Fancam] 100307 SNSD Jessica - jump?? @ Dream Team Recording

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxVEgol_mYI

Cr: ohmysica

Cute~

Guest hasintyas

lishathestein THANK YOY

THANK YOU THANK YOU

THANK YOU THANK YOU

SO MUCH SO MUCH SO MUCH SO MUCH

for your translation

i really love to watch the girls in SH, i can see their different personalities there

and yeah, i love seung gi too, i hope one of the girls will get him

because he's so nice

maybe jessica or yoona?

hahahahahhahaha

yeah, i am too loves imagination

Guest ketsuki

Hi I was wondering if the Dream Team ep that Hyoyeon, Sica, and Krystal were on has been uploaded yet? It aired on the 21st, right? :) Can I have the link please?

Just wanted to add that I looooove Sunny's new solo song and I'm looking forward to more RDR perfs this weekend! Also, 23k in two days is amazing! So proud of the girls~ <3

EDIT: Oops! I meant in 2 days. Haha fixed it

Guest MusicForLife

Lishathestain thanks for the translations for Strong Heart. I laughed at the byuntae Jessica story. And I had to laugh more when I remembered that some other members of SM groups do it to their member too. I guess SM artist are a bit weird xD

Lee Seung Gi and Jessica look surprisingly (well,surprisingly for me) good together. I felt like I was watching some drama there the main actor and actress finally kiss xD Aw,they looked so cute.

I noticed that Sica looks with blonde hair soft/more gentle than with dark hair.

Guest HyperionZ

Really, how many byuntae's are there in the group, lol. Ahh, those pictures are like a gold mine if someone ever found her phone somehow. I hope Sica has put every possible protection on her phone so they can't get those pics from it.

Guest Lishathestain
[Fancam] 100307 SNSD Jessica - jump?? @ Dream Team Recording

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxVEgol_mYI

Cr: ohmysica

Cute~

i think what makes it funnier is how the guy who recorded it can't help but to laugh at sica's fail jump.

really though, that is like the cutest fail ever :lol: sica, go practice high jump with krystal or hyoyeon ok?

2zrnrj4.jpg

c;astagged

Lishathestain thanks for the translations for Strong Heart. I laughed at the byuntae Jessica story. And I had to laugh more when I remembered that some other members of SM groups do it to their member too. I guess SM artist are a bit weird xD

Lee Seung Gi and Jessica look surprisingly (well,surprisingly for me) good together. I felt like I was watching some drama there the main actor and actress finally kiss xD Aw,they looked so cute.

I noticed that Sica looks with blonde hair soft/more gentle than with dark hair.

lol no problem i only re-posted what my awesome friend translated.

but you're right, i think in every SM group there's at least one member who takes ~scandalous pics~ of their own group members.

a surprised Sunny after hearing Sica didn't delete the pics

:D

icv8ub.jpg

c;tamav@soshified

in all seriousness though sica better keep that phone save.. i bet Taeng looks at those pics every night.

Archived