DEBATE ANYONE?

hehehehe...

anyways thought i should contribute!!!

maja with kim bum

BOFs-Kim-Bum-finds-Maja-very-pretty.jpg

iya

9e1f426d8f9d30_full.jpg

in Rank Order:

1. Katrina Halili - A StarStruck alumna and voted as FHM Sexiest Woman in the Philippines for two consecutive years.

2. Angel Locsin - A popular television and film actress. She became GMA's most sought-after actress after doing the television series "Darna." Locsin was also consistently listed in FHM's 100 Sexiest Women in the World.

3. Tetchie Agbayani - An actress, psychology instructor and former beauty queen. She also appeared in the German edition of Playboy magazine in 1982.

4. Gina Pareno - A mestiza television and film actress who has won several awards here and abroad for her outstanding performances.

5. Amalia Fuentes - Known as one of the beautiful faces in Philippine Cinema.

6. Gloria Diaz - The first Filipina to bring home the Ms. Universe crown in 1969.

7. Rio Locsin - Dubbed as the 80's screen siren. Also played Darna in 1979.

8. Anabelle Rama - A talent manager and actress. She is also Eddie Gutierrez's wife and the mother of Ruffa, Richard and Raymond Gutierrez.

9. Vivian Velez - Known as Ms. Body Beautiful.

10. Pia Moran

11. Angelica Panganiban - A homegrown talent of ABS-CBN's Star Magic. She has appeared in sexy magazines and was hailed as FHM's 3rd Sexiest Woman in the Philippines in 2007.

12. Marian Rivera - A mestiza actress who stars as Mari Mar in GMA's TV series .

13. Cindy Kurleto - A Filipino-Austrian model, actress, and former MTV VJ who also appeared in FHM's cover.

14. Diana Zubiri - Became controversial when she had a photo shoot on top of the EDSA-Shaw flyover wearing only a two-piece bikini .

15. Elizabeth Oropesa - An award-winning veteran actress who is best known for her beautiful face and sexy body.

16. Bianca King - A mestiza actress who played the role of Aviona in the hit TV series Mulawin.

17. Francine Prieto - Started as a sexy actress together with Diana Zubiri and also model of the FHM 2004 Calendar.

18. Anne Curtis - A Filipino-Australian model and actress. She is best known for her portrayal as a hunchback girl in the fantaserye "Kampanerang Kuba."

19. Joyce Jimenez -A Filipino-American sexy actress who now owns Private Joyce.The original "Pantasya ng Bayan."

20. Rosa Rosal - An actress and radio announcer who is also the longest Red Cross volunteer in world history.

21. Iwa Moto - A StarStruck 3 alumna and its first princess. Iwa was also on Top 10 list of FHM’s 100 Sexiest Women for 2007

22. Paraluman - A tall and mestiza woman who was best known as Fernando Poe, Sr.'s onscreen partner in the movie "Ang Halimaw" in 1941.

23. Sarsi Emmanuel - One of the "softdrinks beauties."

24. Pepsi Paloma - Also a member of the "softdrinks beauties."

25. Rosanna Roces - Popularly known as Osang, Rosanna Roces is famous for her several sexy films. She was also one of the actresses who popularized plastic surgery in the Philippines.

26. Rossana Ortiz

27. Cristine Reyes - Ara Mina's younger sister and also a StarStruck 1 alumna. She was FHM's cover girl for August 2007.

28. Rufa Mae Quinto

29. Chynna Ortaleza - The girl from 5 and Up and the youth-oriented show Click. She was the former love team of Richard Gutierrez just before Angel Locsin.

30. Ehra Madrigal - Eldest sister of Michelle Madrigal. Her fist big break was in the Fantaserye "Majika" as one of the Umbras.

31. Rica Peralejo - A former cast member of "Ang TV" and teen-oriented programs such as T.G.I.S and Gimik.

32. Jennylyn Mercado - A StarStruck alumna and its first ever Female Ultimate Survivor together with Mark Herras, the Male Ultimate Survivor and her former boyfriend.

33. Nancy Castiglione

34. Asia Agcaoili - Was part of the second wave of Viva Hotbabes. An actress, sexy columnist of FHM Philippines, model, TV and radio host.

35. Maui Taylor - A petite sexy actress who appeared in FHM's cover in 2004. She was a cast member of Ana Karenina at the age of 14.

36. Maureen Larrazabal

37. Alicia Mayer - Cover girl of FHM 2003. She posed for photographers from all over the world wearing nothing but a bikini made of lettuce.

38. Gretchen Barretto - Common-law wife of Tony Boy Cojuangco and the most controversial among the Barretto girls .

39. Dina Bonnevie - A highly acclaimed actress and the former wife of Vic Sotto. She has also posed for FHM Philippines.

40. Lorna Tolentino - An award-winning actress and the wife of Rudy Fernandez.

41. Regine Tolentino - A host, dancer and fashion designer. She was also dubbed as the Philippine’s Dance Diva.

42. Maggie dela Riva - A movie actress, widely known outside the Philippines for her abduction and rape.

43. Iza Calzado - An actress, model and actress who was first known in GMA's Te Amo, Maging Sino Ka Man.

44. Dawn Zulueta - One of the best actresses during her time and also the famous onscreen partner of Richard Gomez.

45. Alma Moreno - Hailed as the Sex Goddess of Philippine Cinema in the 70's and 80's.

46. Anjanette Abayari - A former beauty queen turned actress who also portrayed Mars Ravelo's Darna in a movie.

47. Snooky Serna- A former child star and launched as one of the original Regal Babies.

48. Assunta de Rossi - An Italian-Filipino actress who is married to Jules Ledesma. The eldest sister of Alessandra de Rossi.

49. Aubrey Miles - A sexy actress who is currently dating hunk model Troy Montero.

50. Alessandra de Rossi - Assunta de Rossi's younger sister. She is known for her villain roles in different TV series. She was best known for playing Valentina in the fantaserye Darna with Angel Locsin.

saw this on wikipilipinas...credits to them...

jewel mische

37653245547757279122o.png

marian rivera

a.jpg

anne curtis

anne_2-150x150.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its more like a class or caste system. most of the mixed looking filipinos are from well to do, higher caste "class" families. the browner, run of the mill ones are from katulong, or servant classes.

Yes, 'most' if you're in Manila. But depends on where you are, really. Try going to places with an airbase, Clark, for example. You can see pretty 'halfies'. Product of a Filipina working on a bar and a foreigner from the army. Most of them don't end up marrying the foreigner, so you get a mom still working at a bar with a pretty half-something kid. And I don't agree on the "brown" ones cos majority of the Filipinos are brown-skinned cos it is a tropical country. I don't think you can just place someone with a deep brown skin as automatic "servant" just cos of his skintone.

Anyways, everytime a Filipino thread is made, it's always the same. People ask why these celebs look mixed it's simple BECAUSE MOST OF THEM ARE. The Philippine entertainment industry is a sucker for halfies. Period.

I'm sorry, but I just had to say this. Most of these girls don't look Filipina AT ALL. Plastic much? A lot of them look almost completely caucasian.

Not good.

Sadly, it is you who is over-generalizing & misinformed. Historically, admixture has been an ever present and pervading phenomenon in the Philippines. The Philippines was originally settled by Australoid peoples called Negritos which now form the country's aboriginal community. Admixture occurred between this earlier group and the mainstream Malayo-Polynesian population.

There has been Indian migration and influence in the Philippines since the precolonial era. The impact of Indian civilization on the Philippines profoundly affected the culture of the Filipinos. About 25% of the words in the Tagalog language are Sanskrit terms and about 5% of the country's population possess Indian ancestry from antiquity. A considerable number of the population in the town of Cainta, Rizal, are descended from Indian soldiers who mutinied against the British Indian Army when the British briefly occupied the Philippines in 1762 to 1763. These Indian soldiers called Sepoy settled in town and intermarried with native females. The Sepoy ancestry of Cainta is very visible today, particularly in Barrio Dayap near Brgy. Sto Nino. Their unique physical characteristics make them distinct from the average Filipinos.

There has been a Chinese presence in the Philippines since the ninth century. However, Large-scale migrations of Chinese to the Philippines only started during the Spanish colonial era, when the world market was opened to the Philippines. It is estimated that among Filipinos, 10%-20% have some Chinese ancestry and 1.5% are "full-blooded" Chinese. According to the American anthropologist Dr. H. Otley Beyer, the ancestry of Filipinos is 2% Arab. This dates back to when Arab traders intermarried with the local Malay and Filipina female populations during the pre-Spanish history of the Philippines. Major Arab migration to the Philippines coincided with the spread of Islam in the region. Filipino-Muslim royal families from the Sultanate of Sulu and the Sultanate of Maguindanao claim Arab descent even going as far as claiming direct lineage from the prophet Muhammed. Such intermarriage mostly took place around the Mindanao island area, but the arrival of Spanish Conquistadors to the Philippines abruptly halted the spread of Islam further north into the Philippines. Intermarriage with Spanish people later became more prevalent after the Philippines was colonized by the Spanish Empire.

When the Spanish colonized the Philippines, a significant portion of the Filipino population mixed with the Spanish. When the United States took the Philippines from Spain during the Spanish-American War, much intermixing of Americans, both white and black, took place on the island of Luzon where the USA had a Naval Base and Air Force Base even after the USA gave the Philippines independence after World War II. The descendants of Filipinos and Europeans are today known as mestizos, following the term used in other former Spanish colonies. Much mixing with the Japanese also took place due to the war rapes of Filipina women during World War II. Today there is an increasing number of Japanese men marrying Filipina woman and fathering children by them whose family remain behind in the Philippines and are financially supported by their Japanese fathers who make regular visits to the Philippines. Today mixed-race marriages have a mixed reaction in the Philippines, most urban centers like Manila and Cebu are more willing to accept interracial marriages than rural areas, plus there is more approval if the Filipina marries out than a Filipino male.

http://www.colorq.org/MeltingPot/article.a...mp;x=ArabMalays

Guest aly_ssa

When has this become an educational topic about the background of Filipinos? :huh:

Sheesh, some people are getting a bit too sensitive over just a few comments.

It's their opinion if they think the actresses in the OP don't look Filipino or if they look plastic.

No need for people to keep posting about how the Philippines is a country with a mixed culture, etc.

But I just had to reply to the bolded part though. More than 50% of the Filipino population is mixed?

Where exactly did you get that statistic from?

According to recent research, it's been proven that only 3.6% of the Philippines population actually have European ancestry from the Spanish and U.S. colonization.

It's very specific actually, it stated only those who has acquired ancestry from the SPANISH AND U.S. COLONIZATION but even after that period a lot of foreigners entered the country and a lot of Filipinos went out the country. Other than that,those countries are not the only countries who has influenced the Philippines. Every now and then a lot of mixed babies are being born. Besides, how about the other mixed Filipinos who are not living in the Philippines?

• 3 weeks later...

cathy-remperas.jpg

Nickname: Cathy

Origin: Bohol

Birthdate: October 8, 1987

Nationality: Filipino

Civil Status: Single

Religion: Catholic

Hobbies: Reading novels and historical stuff, watching TV and movies, malling, playing volleyball

Favorite Color: Yellow

Favorite Food: Seafood

Favorite Show: CNN, Discovery Channel, PBB

Favorite Actor: Shia LaBeouf

Favorite Actress: Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox

Favorite Singer: Avril Lavigne, Paramore, Lady Gaga

At first glance, Cathy appears to be a half-and-half, though born to Filipino parents. This Boholana is actually a native of Zamboanga, until her search for her father led her to finally settle in Bohol. Though the search was successful, the reunion was not quite as expected. They found their father with another family, where they have four half-siblings. This discovery hindered them from ever really mending their relationship. Her need for a father figure probably plays a part in her choice of men. Cathy tends to gravitate towards men her senior, whom she feels can take care of her. Her most recent relationship was even with a man 16 years older than her.

Bohol.ph

cathy-remperas2.jpg

8418_151799556289_590901289_3173803_1472787_n.jpg

8418_151800031289_590901289_3173804_7346930_n.jpg

8418_151801596289_590901289_3173823_3997072_n.jpg

4907_101501953193725_100000017631646_39610_5288506_n.jpg

Guest misserika_xo

plastic? loool.

philippines is not like korea.

they do but not as much

or not as many people do.

haha. i added another debate :B

^

i agree w/ you. P.I. likes to be all natural.. it's just their make-up artist does wonder.

i think the most gorgeous is Marriane.. the "marimar" that girl can shake it and has a bit krung krung in her.

her body is well fit and sexy. (my mom thinks this too! since she's a fan! lol)

second would be Katrina.. fierce and sexy. although this girl really needs to work her abdomen but she's fiercely hot.

Guest miimisunshine

plastic? loool.

philippines is not like korea.

they do but not as much

or not as many people do.

haha. i added another debate :B

I agree. the Philippines is not plastic AT ALL like korea.

• 6 months later...
Guest mahri_nyl

just looking for photos here and found a debate..hahaha

sorry but i think they can't just believe that filipinos are really naturally beautiful...

:D

i fyou want, see this page to see many other beautiful filipinas...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/-HEARTHROB-S...84784846?ref=ts

and this one too..

they are all filipinas and take note..

they're not actresses yet they are still so beautiful..

http://www.facebook.com/pages/-HEARTHROB-S...7703e41973843d9

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chezzieeex3

Well :) since there's a debate about not full filipinas, ill contribute(:

I'M A FULL FLIP!

Great grandparents.. 100% filipinos

Grandparents .. 100% filipinos

Parents .. 100% filipinos

Me .. 110% filipino (: hhehehe . Just making sure u guys know there's still a full o.o

Anyways, I find it rather offensive how someone can say that they do not look pure and calls us plastic..

not much filipinos do plastic surgeries. Most are natural.

Unlike koreans, they ask for plastic surgeries for their bdays.

I read it somewhere I forgot where.

But yeah.. are filipinos even asians o.o? Or what?

I never knew and always wanted to know.

Guest Imboredthatsnotfun

What IS pure philippine anyway? A lot of them look "WHITE" because the Philipines was colonised by Spain for a long time. It is unsuprising.

Guest whizzer's_rose

Enough of the debate- I think being Filipino is more than what meets the eye. It's the values and of course what's in one's heart that would define a true Filipino. So to add more pics, here is my current favorite, Carla Abellana. I like her because she doesn't only have beauty but also brains.

20090724e58a6_RosalindaMAIN.jpg

14-bts-rosalinda-carlaabellana.jpg

carlaabellana.jpg

2dkv8o.jpg

There's also this girl from PBB Teen Clash which I find really pretty, her name is Shey. She got forced evicted and she didn't got into the Binibinig Pilipinas finals (Ms. Philippines)

rachelleannebustamante6.jpg

22051105103026178557100.jpg

25143124046289653113780.jpg

There's also Christine Reyes, my friend and I both agree that she has the perfect body, not too skinny - just right

2009091118493010101.jpg

cristine-reyes-mega.jpg

cristine_metro2.GIF

31093_1195889197584_1839101906_3747.jpg

Guest lime_gabsy

^ i like cristine reyes...i saw her before in this coffee shop and wow she was sexy just wearing shirt & jeans...

Archived