Pretty And Sexy Philippine Actresses

Guest isai12

sarah g., toni g., kaye abad are some of the prettiest pinays for me!

thing is the pictures that are shown here are the celebrities today! dang the actresses in the 70s and 80s imo are way prettier! ALMA MORENO, LORNA TOLENTINO, AMY AUSTRIA and RIO LOCSIN to name a few. and as far as i know they're pure filipina.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heres my two cents: like with most asian celebs in any country, we prefer fair skinned people. and most fair skinned celebs either come from wealthy families of either spanish, or chinese descent. gone are the days when we had girls like alma moreno & nora aunor that were admired for their talent & lovely brown skin. since 1990, our stars have been handpicked for fame only on the basis of how light their skin is, how tall their nose is, if they can pass for east asian, or better yet... have eurasian heritage. to be mestiza, chinay, or mixed is very highly regarded in the filipino entertainment industry. it doesnt matter if ur voice sounds like a cat in heat when u sing. there are tone deaf singers all the time on those pinoy teen variety shows. horrendous voices to where ur like WTF? why r these kids singing???? they cant sing but what the hell... they have nice new clothes & light skin. thats the mentality there. let them sing. lolz!

just watch any telenovela on GMA and if u had the sound on mute, you would swear that all those kids were mixed, or not filipino if ur used to seeing the typical filipino american kid. also... most filipino immigrants that migrate to the united states & elsewhere are of the brown skin, malay looking, coming from not so well to do family variety. the wealthy lighter skinned ones like the guttierez, the aranetas, chius, ect... they are living it up big in the philippines. why the hell would they come to america? they are used to having maid servants 24/7.

its like with anything really. most pretty asian folks are FOBS or back home. u rarely see american bred asian kids that look like the celebs... period.

/end of rant>

Guest janelleski

filipinos are mostly mixed bloods. it's a rarity to see a pure blooded filipino (what i mean are those who look like the early settlers, the brown race - in short malayan) since the country was invaded by the spanish (for 300 years), by the americans and the japanese. so it's just common to see filipinos who look like caucasians, japanese, chinese, etc.

but one thing is for sure, there are tons of pretty filipinas out there!

No. 85 - Bunny Malunda

865b16f60.jpg

image source: PEP.ph

No. 84 - Jean Garcia

4eff758f7.jpg

No. 83 - Ara Mina

012609-Ara.jpg

No. 82 - Cindy Kurleto

ae3408855.jpg

No. 81 - Francine Prieto

289410331_3fb086dd67.jpg

source: Starmometer

Guest rawr! :3

its funny how some people think theyre fake. honestly, theyre more natural than most korean celebrities (dont kill me .___.) the only reason why you think they're plastic are probably the makeup and the photo effects. && yes, filipinos are tend to have a spanish influnce in our blood because of the history. most of the filipinas that they posted are mixed (half white, british, australian.. you get the point) but there are alot of pure filipinas that are 100% natural and really pretty :3

No. 80 - Pia Guanio

pia_guanio_01.jpg

No. 79 - Kitchie Nadal

hailkitchie.jpg

No. 78 - Ryza Cennon

No. 77 - Megan Young

megan-young1.jpg

No. 76 - Charlene Gonzales

cg.jpg

source: Starmometer

Guest budibudi

Why are people getting defensive about this? I'm Filipino, and seriously sometimes it really annoys me that other Filipinos deny their heritage, trading it in for the obnoxious: yeah!! I'm 10% this 20% that, and 32.9702380% whatever?? One thing that bugs me is how we glorify the America, Japan and Spain, reality check people! They've screwed us over!!

Yeah we've been colonized by so many other countries, but that doesn't mean a lot of people are mistizos, and chinitos/chinitas? Last time I went back to the Philippines (5 months ago) there were more morenos than our light-skinned counterparts, they are a minority. When I walk through malls I would see may be only less than 5 people that would fall in that category from their million people traffic everyday???? Even in Canada, where I live, I only know of one mistiza from my many Filipino friends. What I'm trying to say is, yeah I'm sure there are a lot of light-skinned Filipinos out there, but that is nothing compared to the morenos which better represents our country, how can you say that's A LOT??? Percentage wise, that's probably less than 5% of the country? The other 95% are the REAL Filipinos (and don't get technical about what a "Real" Filipino should be, a Filipino should know!!) That's nothing to be ashamed of, so what? I think morenos are beautiful and more exotic looking anyway!

Oh and by the way, just because we have Spanish last names doesn't mean that all of us have Spanish blood in us. When the Spaniards came they gave everybody a Spanish last name to totally eradicate traces of our ancestry. And yes, you don't have to be part Spanish to have a Spanish last name!!

Anytime there's a Filipino celebrity thread, people jump on about how they don't look like it. And yes, they're really not representative of what a majority of the population looks like. But really, those Korean, Chinese, Japanese celebrities, do their looks represent that of their country's people? As already said, the majority of Philippines' population is mixed, to actually find a 'pure' Filipino, you'd have to go to the most Southern islands, area that are no where near Manila where most of the stars are discovered.

Anytime there's a Filipino celebrity thread, people jump on about how they don't look like it. And yes, they're really not representative of what a majority of the population looks like. But really, those Korean, Chinese, Japanese celebrities, do their looks represent that of their country's people? As already said, the majority of Philippines' population is mixed, to actually find a 'pure' Filipino, you'd have to go to the most Southern islands, area that are no where near Manila where most of the stars are discovered.

thats not true either. lolz! like in zamboanga (the southernmost part of the philippines) there are chavacanos. they are a spanish mestizo admixture. in fact most of the fair skinned stars are bisaya.

its more like a class or caste system. most of the mixed looking filipinos are from well to do, higher caste "class" families. the browner, run of the mill ones are from katulong, or servant classes.

thats not true either. lolz! like in zamboanga (the southernmost part of the philippines) there are chavacanos. they are a spanish mestizo admixture. in fact most of the fair skinned stars are bisaya.

its more like a class or caste system. most of the mixed looking filipinos are from well to do, higher caste "class" families. the browner, run of the mill ones are from katulong, or servant classes.

LOL good to know thanks, that's what my parents told me and they grew up in the Phlippines so I just thought that lol.

hi!

its my first time here in this thread...

yeah, i think it became a debate thread now...

going back on topic...

i find most of them really pretty especially maja salvador and kristine hermosa...

they're really pretty...

i don't find anne curtis and katrina halili pretty though...

they're just sexy...

yeah, i agree w/ someone that she's plastic (so many parts of her body done by dr. you know who...)

Archived