Blackberry Thread

Guest loverlyxcth

Guest MineralWater

Which Blackberry model do you own? ----> 8900 Curve

Did you personalize/alter it? ----> I did make it all white, but went back to original Titanium color because of speaker issues.

If so (to the above question), how? ----> Bought fake/cheap/non-OEM housing from eBay

What OS do you have? What's your provider? ----> 5.0.0.681, T-Mobile unlocked running on Fido

What theme do you have? ----> GameBBoy

Where'd you download/get this theme? ----> http://forums.crackberry.com/f176/free-gam...y-theme-476993/

Ringtone? ----> iPhone's Marimba for Phone calls

Text tone? ----> Japan's Metro alert ring

Anything else? ----> Dropped it 3 times in one day. Screen is version 002.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MineralWater

hi guys!

just want to ask..

I have an unlocked Blackberry 9700. If I bring it to Korea, can I apply for a Korean postpaid plan say SK Telecom?

No you cannot because Korean telecom companies only allow their phones on their networks (whitelisting IMEI, ultra lame). 9700 is technically capable however.

I have a question... I have a Blackberry flip and I'm getting bored of it. T_T I want to buy an unlocked non-Blackberry phone, so could I still be able to use the internet without any trouble? O_o? Cause I had to purchase T-Mobile's Blackberry internet plan for like $25. Otherwise, they said I couldn't get a Blackberry if I didn't purchase that.

Or should I just get another Blackberry? D:

I think you should give T-Mobile a call and let them know that you're switching to non-Blackberry Data Plan and they shouldn't have problems doing that for you. Just a suggestion because I believe BB data plans are slightly different from other smartphone data plans (like BIS/push email).

You could get another blackberry, but blackberries are blackberries. I'm bored of my 8900 but I still use it because it's a great phone and does everything well and fast (except mobile web hehe)

Guest celinewalksin10

No you cannot because Korean telecom companies only allow their phones on their networks (whitelisting IMEI, ultra lame). 9700 is technically capable however.

Thanks for replying. :) That just sucks cause that means I might have to consider roaming.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Winnieexxx

I had my 8900 stolen last week during one of my exams...so as of the moment I'm trying to decide between a 9000 or 9700 as a replacement. My bf had the 9000 and replaced it with the 9700 when it first came out, so I've played with both very often - I kind of prefer the original since it has a trackball, larger screen and a more rugged/powerful design. Whereas in the newer model I like the beveled screen edge, camera and more reliable OS. What bothers me though, is that the phone build feels less "solid" in my hands and it looks too similar to the other bbs such as the tour/8900 etc. :S

Can anyone who's owned both for extended periods of time give me some input on whether the 9700 grew on them over time or if they still prefer the original bold? Thanks :)

Guest MineralWater

I had my 8900 stolen last week during one of my exams...so as of the moment I'm trying to decide between a 9000 or 9700 as a replacement. My bf had the 9000 and replaced it with the 9700 when it first came out, so I've played with both very often - I kind of prefer the original since it has a trackball, larger screen and a more rugged/powerful design. Whereas in the newer model I like the beveled screen edge, camera and more reliable OS. What bothers me though, is that the phone build feels less "solid" in my hands and it looks too similar to the other bbs such as the tour/8900 etc. :S

Can anyone who's owned both for extended periods of time give me some input on whether the 9700 grew on them over time or if they still prefer the original bold? Thanks :)

I had the 9000 for bit until i lost it >.> I really miss that massive sized (quieter) keyboard from the 9000 because my thumbs aren't too small ^^; But I really like the auto-focus camera on the 8900...and the vibrant screen...sooo I'm sticking with my 8900 until Blackberry OS 6 comes out. As for the stability of the operating system, I didn't notice any big difference on it. I think the type of theme you have may have some noticeable performance issues, and the number of applications you have installed. Sorry, I haven't really used 9700 except playing around my friend's. But I do agree that it does feel mighty cheap in your hand for 450+ dollar device.

Guest tirahbunny

i used to have the 9000, now i have the 8520, and my bf has the 8900.

I really liked the Bold 9000, the shape, the keyboard, the screen and everything.

I never had problems with it, didnt experience any lag whatsoever and the call/sound quality was excellent!

I don't really like the 8900, the back battery cover is so flimsy and feels uncomfortable when i hold it in my hand. The trackball on 8900 is alot worse too.

I've never touched a 9700 but i figure it should be the same, but isnt the screen smaller on 9700 than it is on 9000? The trackpad is nice since im using the 8520 but i do miss the trackball from 9000, it just felt better although some people have issues with the trackball malfunctioning or getting dirty. You just gotta take care of it.

I think if those phones will cost you about the same then you might as well get the newer model 9700. If you can get the 9000 for alot cheaper then get that instead because i dont think there's much difference really.

Guest SherTeukie <3

I had the 9000 for a few months before switching to the 9700. IMO i prefer the 9700 because of the track pad which is in black. The 9000 has a white trackball and i had to get it replaced because it turned yellow. And when i got it replaced it became a little faulty. The 9700 is also smaller and better to hold.

Oh oh, and i change my housings quite frequently so i think the 9700 is better and less troublesome compared to 9000 because for the 9000 i had to dismantle the whole phone but not for the 9700. The OS doesn't make much of a difference although the threaded text feature is really quite cool. Camera is better on the 9700 too.

Just my 2cents!

Hey guys, I've been wanting to go back to a blackberry for a while now (I lost my first one and now I'm using WinMo); I'm finally eligible for an upgrade so I'm looking at the 8530 Curve & the 9650 Bold (I'm on Sprint). Suggestions? I like the design of the Bold better but the Curve is cheaper and essentially has the same features (just with a lower megapixel camera with no flash). Thoughts?

Guest keletam

Which Blackberry model do you own? ----> 8900 Curve

Did you personalize/alter it? ----> I did make it all white, but went back to original Titanium color because of speaker issues.

If so (to the above question), how? ----> Bought fake/cheap/non-OEM housing from eBay

What OS do you have? What's your provider? ----> 5.0.0.681, T-Mobile unlocked running on Fido

What theme do you have? ----> GameBBoy

Where'd you download/get this theme? ----> <a href="http://forums.crackberry.com/f176/free-gamebboy-theme-476993/" target="_blank">http://forums.crackberry.com/f176/free-gam...y-theme-476993/</a>

Ringtone? ----> iPhone's Marimba for Phone calls

Text tone? ----> Japan's Metro alert ring

Anything else? ----> Dropped it 3 times in one day. Screen is version 002.

can i know where did u get you text tone ??

Guest jxmode

^ I was using my friends phone, since she downloaded Google Maps,and I found it pretty useful. Of course when you're driving you can't really look down on your phone constantly, but someone next to you can dictate the directions.

So I upgraded my old BB Curve 8330 to a BB Bold 9650. ( Verizon network)

I was trying to set up my college email, and it won't go through. Keeps saying that my email or pass is invalid, and that I should verify my email address and password. And I know that it's my email and password because I've tried it on the computer. I had this email set up on my old phone, and now it won't go through my current one.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Guest MangoStar

Which Blackberry model do you own? ----> Curve 8900 (previously owned two pearls)

Did you personalize/alter it? ----> No, just stuck in a magenta rubber case

If so (to the above question), how? ---->

What OS do you have? What's your provider? ----> T-Mobile

What theme do you have? ----> Precision (T-Mobile)

Where'd you download/get this theme? ----> It came with the phone

Ringtone? ----> It all depends on who calls me.

Text tone? ----> It all depends on who texts me.

Anything else? ----> I'm a total crackberry lol.

Guest tirahbunny

Hey guys, I've been wanting to go back to a blackberry for a while now (I lost my first one and now I'm using WinMo); I'm finally eligible for an upgrade so I'm looking at the 8530 Curve & the 9650 Bold (I'm on Sprint). Suggestions? I like the design of the Bold better but the Curve is cheaper and essentially has the same features (just with a lower megapixel camera with no flash). Thoughts?

if youre tight on money, get the Curve. its a great phone and does what any blackberry can do.

however, if you can splurge than get the Bold because the screen and keyboard is honestly better than the Curve.

Guest albasian

Which Blackberry model do you own? ----> 8100 pearl

Did you personalize/alter it? ----> numerous scratches and dents

If so (to the above question), how? ----> dropped it a couple times on accident heh

What OS do you have? What's your provider? ----> 4.5, AT&T

What theme do you have? ----> Precision

Where'd you download/get this theme? ----> eveek

Ringtone? ----> my phone's never on ringtone, usually on vibrate

Text tone? ----> vibrate

Anything else? ----> gets extremely laggy after a day's worth of texting, i've had to restore/wipe everything on it about 3 times

Question:

So it's been over 2 years now and my 2 year contract has gone over. right now, I'm looking at phones myself (my dad doesn't want to upgrade phones since he thinks they're useless) but I'm thinking about either asking for a new phone for a birthday or buying it myself. I'm looking at the new Bold 9700 (my family might switch to T-Mobile) but I also just found out about the touchscreen w/ qwerty keyboard "onyx" that's set to come out sometime at the end of the year. Should I wait for the new touchscreen/keyboard model (which is apparently going to have more built in memory and a better camera) or should I stick with the 9700 and get one of them? (I found a place that sells the 9700 for $30, so I'm a little tempted for this)

i have blackberry curve 8520 i didnt really like it. 

typing is easy , but if i dont lock it,then buttons will be pressed in my bag.

btw im trying to sell mine if anyone wants it! lol . just click in my signature. its fairly new. used only 5 months. =] PM me.

Guest ai.fei.qian

Which Blackberry model do you own? ----> blackberry bold 9650

Did you personalize/alter it? ----> no. I just got it, like two days ago. Hahaha.

If so (to the above question), how? ---->

What OS do you have? What's your provider? ----> whatttt is os? XD and I have verizon.

What theme do you have? ----> its just a picture of someone.

Where'd you download/get this theme? ---->

Ringtone? ----> like one of the regular preloaded ones.

Text tone? ---->some beeeep. XD I need an app that has ringtones... For free. Or I'd use phonezoo.

Anything else? ----> I love my bb. (: typing on it is a breeeze. And it's reaally nice. I'm a first bb user. I need more bbm buddies! Feel free to pm me!

Guest serendipityxt

anyone selling a black blackberry 8520?

im also trying to find one in craigslist and ebay and idk if craigslist is sketchy cause you gotta pick it up in person lol

Guest tirahbunny

anyone selling a black blackberry 8520?

im also trying to find one in craigslist and ebay and idk if craigslist is sketchy cause you gotta pick it up in person lol

isnt it better to buy in person than online? cus what if you receive your phone through the mail and its not what you were hoping for? lol

Archived