World of Warcraft

Guest soju

it would be good to get Ulduar gear so you can be prepared for Icecrown

I'm already in full T7.5 or better (full Naxx gear)... that might be borderline sufficient for Icecrown but running Ulduar twice or so after Icecrown comes out should gear me up enough... there's really no reason to be in full Ulduar gear just to be learning Icecrown when it's released.

I think i'm going to cancel subscription for the next 3 months (or until Icecrown comes out)... which i think won't happen until Starcraft 2 is released. Blizzard would be smart to transition all WoW players to SC2... likely release Icecrown, the final big patch of WoW, then a month later, release SC2.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest A.J.

I'm already in full T7.5 or better (full Naxx gear)... that might be borderline sufficient for Icecrown but running Ulduar twice or so after Icecrown comes out should gear me up enough... there's really no reason to be in full Ulduar gear just to be learning Icecrown when it's released.

I think i'm going to cancel subscription for the next 3 months (or until Icecrown comes out)... which i think won't happen until Starcraft 2 is released. Blizzard would be smart to transition all WoW players to SC2... likely release Icecrown, the final big patch of WoW, then a month later, release SC2.

I'm sorry if this comes of as a bit of a flame. I'm going to assume you are playing a DPS role.

Icecrown Citadel is not the next raid/patch coming. The next raid is going to be Crusaders' Coliseum. Ulduar, even with all the nerfs that the place, is still a step up from what Naxx was. So its safe to assume that Crusaders' Coliseum will be another step up from Ulduar. So whenever Icecrown does come out, you'll be undergeared severely and likely not performing as others will expect. And running "twice or so" isn't going to fix that unless you have some crazy luck.

I don't know what your relationship with your guild is right now, but I doubt most raiding guilds that will be raiding Icecrown will just take someone in Naxx gear, its not impressive, and your numbers will be lacking. That first impression is very important as well, since that guild will want to know if you can provide not just good DPS, but the best DPS, and Naxx gear and a few pieces of Ulduar gear isn't going to be able to accomplish that. And guilds aren't just going to give you a free ride either, you need to pull your weight.

Heck, if for some stupid reason there's a PUG floating around, they'll want you as geared as possible as well. That's because people don't want to spend their night wiping over and over because someone they took is performing poorly and its preventing the boss from going down. If you're performing poorly, people will not hesitate to replace you.

Icecrown is not coming anytime soon, and neither is Crusaders' Coliseum. If you have the time to, spend it gearing yourself for the harder content so that you and your guild have an easier time going through that new content. The standard for how much DPS you need to pull gets larger day by day.

About the Starcraft 2 thing, not everyone who plays WoW plays SC2. I also doubt that Wrath of the Lich King is going to be the last expansion for WoW either.

i highly doubt people will leave wow for sc2. it's apples and oranges considering one's an mmo and the other an RTS. granted, wow players will buy SC2 considering it's a blizzard product, but it's a game for totally different audience.

I'm sorry if this comes of as a bit of a flame. I'm going to assume you are playing a DPS role.

Icecrown Citadel is not the next raid/patch coming. The next raid is going to be Crusaders' Coliseum. Ulduar, even with all the nerfs that the place, is still a step up from what Naxx was. So its safe to assume that Crusaders' Coliseum will be another step up from Ulduar. So whenever Icecrown does come out, you'll be undergeared severely and likely not performing as others will expect. And running "twice or so" isn't going to fix that unless you have some crazy luck.

I don't know what your relationship with your guild is right now, but I doubt most raiding guilds that will be raiding Icecrown will just take someone in Naxx gear, its not impressive, and your numbers will be lacking. That first impression is very important as well, since that guild will want to know if you can provide not just good DPS, but the best DPS, and Naxx gear and a few pieces of Ulduar gear isn't going to be able to accomplish that. And guilds aren't just going to give you a free ride either, you need to pull your weight.

Heck, if for some stupid reason there's a PUG floating around, they'll want you as geared as possible as well. That's because people don't want to spend their night wiping over and over because someone they took is performing poorly and its preventing the boss from going down. If you're performing poorly, people will not hesitate to replace you.

Icecrown is not coming anytime soon, and neither is Crusaders' Coliseum. If you have the time to, spend it gearing yourself for the harder content so that you and your guild have an easier time going through that new content. The standard for how much DPS you need to pull gets larger day by day.

Interesting. I didn't even know about Crusaders Coliseum, thanks.

Still, Ulduar is not worth running for its gear, in my opinion. I'm sure it doesnt hurt to have it but i don't see how full Naxx gear can't be "sufficient" in Crusaders Coliseum. It's probably not good enough for Icecrown given there's two level of instances in between. Basically, all i'm trying to say is, I think its possible to skip one level of instances, not two though.

Anyways, to play WoW for the next 3 months only to have Ulduar gear become obsolete seems like a major waste of time (and money).

About the Starcraft 2 thing, not everyone who plays WoW plays SC2. I also doubt that Wrath of the Lich King is going to be the last expansion for WoW either.
i highly doubt people will leave wow for sc2. it's apples and oranges considering one's an mmo and the other an RTS. granted, wow players will buy SC2 considering it's a blizzard product, but it's a game for totally different audience.

Fair enough. MMO and RTS are two different things. However, there's a lot of gamers playing WoW waiting for the "next big thing" to come out. If SC2 is fun enough, i'm sure a lot of WoW gamers would play SC2 and wait for the next big thing to come out instead of playing WoW. WoW is still one of the best games out there right now, no question.

Guest Meenuh

Interesting. I didn't even know about Crusaders Coliseum, thanks.

Still, Ulduar is not worth running for its gear, in my opinion. I'm sure it doesnt hurt to have it but i don't see how full Naxx gear can't be "sufficient" in Crusaders Coliseum. It's probably not good enough for Icecrown given there's two level of instances in between. Basically, all i'm trying to say is, I think its possible to skip one level of instances, not two though.

Anyways, to play WoW for the next 3 months only to have Ulduar gear become obsolete seems like a major waste of time (and money).

Fair enough. MMO and RTS are two different things. However, there's a lot of gamers playing WoW waiting for the "next big thing" to come out. If SC2 is fun enough, i'm sure a lot of WoW gamers would play SC2 and wait for the next big thing to come out instead of playing WoW. WoW is still one of the best games out there right now, no question.

I kind of have to agree with you there. A lot of WoW players were or are people who play/played other Blizzard games. A lot of the people that are getting into WoW late are the ones who haven't/don't play BLizzard games normally (from my observations). I've been an avid player of pretty much ALL of Blizzard's games since I was in elementary and I got into WoW early quit and came back quite a few times. But yeah, I guess for people like me that grew up playing Blizzard games, I can definetly say I am waiting for their next big game. Doesn't matter what. I will play it alll. Hahah.

I don't know if people will LEAVE WoW for SC2 but I doubt Blizzard would want that. SC2 will be free to play(i'm assuming.. if not then someone please correct me) but i'm sure Blizzard wants to rake in as much dough as possible. With the amount of people playing WoW and paying $15 a month .. well.. that's a lot of money. Not to mention character xfers and so forth.

I know for D2 they basically did what you were suggesting. They pretty much came out with a big patch that screwed up the game in order to "encourage" people to play WoW. I've actually quit WoW (once again).. regardless of how many patches/expansions they come out with .. I can't help but feel it's the same stuff over and over again just with a "new face" put on it. I've gone back to playing simple quick games like SC and hopefully i'll be ready for SC2 when it comes out. :) I'm also maybe thinking about getting back into DoTA as well har. Yeah.. random post. Sorry. -_-

I don't know if people will LEAVE WoW for SC2 but I doubt Blizzard would want that. SC2 will be free to play(i'm assuming.. if not then someone please correct me) but i'm sure Blizzard wants to rake in as much dough as possible. With the amount of people playing WoW and paying $15 a month .. well.. that's a lot of money. Not to mention character xfers and so forth.

SC2 single player will be free play but online multiplayer will be subscription based, hosted on Battle.net. The business model will be like WoW, where customers have to pay a monthly fee.

I know for D2 they basically did what you were suggesting. They pretty much came out with a big patch that screwed up the game in order to "encourage" people to play WoW. I've actually quit WoW (once again).. regardless of how many patches/expansions they come out with .. I can't help but feel it's the same stuff over and over again just with a "new face" put on it.

I don't think they'll kill WoW with a patch to get gamers to switch... but maybe they'll offer a combo deal like, $25 a month for both WoW and SC2. Or, i heard rumors about a general Battle.net subscription, maybe $30 a month, that lets you play all battle.net games. This includes, Warcraft 1, 2, & 3, and Starcraft.

And yea, WoW is the same thing over and over. They'll come out with Ulduar, then Crusaders Colisuem, and then Icecrown... The gaming world needs the "next big thing" soon.

Guest Meenuh

SC2 single player will be free play but online multiplayer will be subscription based, hosted on Battle.net. The business model will be like WoW, where customers have to pay a monthly fee.

I don't think they'll kill WoW with a patch to get gamers to switch... but maybe they'll offer a combo deal like, $25 a month for both WoW and SC2. Or, i heard rumors about a general Battle.net subscription, maybe $30 a month, that lets you play all battle.net games. This includes, Warcraft 1, 2, & 3, and Starcraft.

And yea, WoW is the same thing over and over. They'll come out with Ulduar, then Crusaders Colisuem, and then Icecrown... The gaming world needs the "next big thing" soon.

So they're gonna make people pay to access battlenet? *sigh* Oh Blizzard.. *shakes head in disbelief* I don't like the idea. I mean, i've been playing all the WCs, SC, and all the Diablos so far without having to pay to access bnet. Grrr.. Oh wells. It's a business after all. So i'm assuming when they charge you monthly that all your logins must be the same? So how about when you create new accounts and they've been idle for over 3 months and they just delete the account? I'm assuming they won't be doing that anymore? Basically it'll be like logging into WoW with just 1 login? Sorry so many questions. Haha.

Imo, they need to keep bnet free to play and get started on a world of starcraft. :w00t:

So they're gonna make people pay to access battlenet? *sigh* Oh Blizzard.. *shakes head in disbelief* I don't like the idea. I mean, i've been playing all the WCs, SC, and all the Diablos so far without having to pay to access bnet. Grrr.. Oh wells. It's a business after all. So i'm assuming when they charge you monthly that all your logins must be the same? So how about when you create new accounts and they've been idle for over 3 months and they just delete the account? I'm assuming they won't be doing that anymore? Basically it'll be like logging into WoW with just 1 login? Sorry so many questions. Haha.

Imo, they need to keep bnet free to play and get started on a world of starcraft. :w00t:

Well, don't quote me on that yet... :blush:

The idea was from rumors that i read somewhere online. Basically, one subscription membership to play all previous Blizzard games, SC, Diablo, Warcraft, and even WoW. But like i said, don't quote me on that yet. Hopefully SC2 is free of subscription.

• 1 month later...
Guest acsrad

LOOL the remote part wtf hahahahaha.

lol i kno!! like when he goes under the blanket screaming "is this what you want" and comes out with his clothes off, just in his boxers.. like they just dissappeared! lololol poor guy.

Guest vulgar812

I had an undead warlock named Curse (hooray for awesome name xD). Leveling was too slow and I just didn't have the patience it took to get a character to max level and collect all the epic gear. I mainly did battlegrounds on my alts. It's been about a year since I last played it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

3.2 patch is out! ez gear access to all fresh 80s! and i just quit ffxi month half ago to play wow, love the pvp. missed the story line in ffxi but mehh I GET TO KILL PPL!! wow compared to ffxi is so much less frustrating when lvling. but party wise/raids like in every game, there will be baddies.. . .

im from boulderfist if any of u are on it, names Beryuyu

Archived