[drama 2009] Queen Of Housewives 내조의 여왕

koalabear

oh gud lordy...

everyone shuld back off Ji Ae!!

yes she married Dalso because she only thought of his medical degree and the supposed money he was going to make in the future...and as we all know...that didn't happen, why? becasue of 'loveable' Dalso and his so-called fears...

despite that, she stuck with him becasue there was no room for regret, she had pride and faith in both of them and finally becasue she loved him! she loved him! or else she would hav left the moment he dropped out of med school... instead she sacrificed her pride to help get and keep his job...even goin as far as helping him out with his projects, sumtin a gud wife would and should do. if she's giving Dalso hell...it's her damn right...

i do understand Dalso's relationship with SH tho...you see...they do have chemistry but in a siblings kind of way. SH and Dalso seem to be the only child of their respective parents... so they have that factor in common. i'm guessing what SH feels for Dalso isn't crazy passionate luv but the kind that feels like you have someone you can rely on...Dalso is like an OPPA that can't help himself from worrying and protecting his little sister (SH). i think she luvs TJ/TB regardless. but i wonder how the writers will do this now they are divorced...they may be the only couple not cumin back together at the end. i'm getting tired of the kiss and make-ups...

i can't think of any reason why TJ/TB likes Ji Ae...only the fact that i do luv them together but they are better as friends...best friends even...

which by the way would be realistic...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest amane~matsuo

I do like how the writers play with the character's empathy and sympathy with the viewers. I've never watched any drama that can make you love the protagonist at the same time hate him/her or feel bad for the antagonist, so maybe that's why I really liked this drama.

First of all, Jiae was no angel and she wasn't a perfect wife either. I also loathed her back when they were in HS and the way she treated Bongsoon and how she even tried to steal Joonhyuk just because Joonhyuk didn't pick her in the first place. I do think Bongsoon & Joonhyuk are really meant to be together, if Jiae didn't intervene in the first place. I do remember how Joonhyuk picked Bongsoon and when Jiae saw it, in her self-assurance and pride tried to get the only boy who seemed to like Bongsoon ever, still had to get him because she can get any guy she wanted. Bongsoon sure is unforgivable in making them break up but I do understand that she was madly in love with him and they say one can go to the extremes if you really love someone. Years passed and they've got families now Jiae wasn't the queen she used to be, but through the drama she seemed to be changed, well before she was the one being pampered to, being followed on but then now that her husband's got no work, she alone provided for them, and when he got the job, she tried to help him climb up the corporate ladder. Sure, it may have been gold-digging and sucking up but that's the sad reality ain't it. In big companies and corporation's you need backers and you need to kiss up and be plastic just to please people. Sad, but I've seen some and it's true really. Jiae did all she can to help Dalsoo, begging for him, even embarrassing herself just so she can also please the people who might help Dalsoo. Jiae also helped Bongsoon & Joonhyuk realize what they really meant to each other, and even when those two tormented her and Dalsoo, she did so because she really is kind and sincere deep down. I wish Bongsoon would help Jiae at this time. She helped her in times she needed a friend, I hope Bongsoon will be a real friend to Jiae this time because she needed someone who can talk to her with some sense! The only problem to her now was she seemed to not forgive him that easily and keeps a straight face to him, get's jealous and paranoid in the slightest things, but who can really blame her? If your husband told you lies and even asked you if it's really wrong to love two person's at the same time and even admitted to having thought of being with that other woman, would you really forgive him easily? If I were in her position I wouldn't. Going back to what they seemed to be before is hard, and I've seen Dalsoo's eagerness, but he's just too kind and I cringe on the fact he still might have lingering feelings for Sohyun. So, I'm with Jiae. Is that how you repay your wife who did everything for you, most esp. in the last seven years? She was the one who helped him get the job and all, and when he got it, this is what he repays her for. I still don't think a divorce is necessary, I just hope they just separate for awhile to think things through and then reconcile in the end.

:(

But if this is about true love, then:

Dal Soo and So Hyun end up together.

Bong Soon and Joon Hyuk stay together (Joon Hyuk did not originally love her but in the end he does).

Ji Ae and Tae Joon? Tae Joon obviously likes Ji Ae, but I don't know if she recipocates... But maybe she will realize all the things that Tae Joon did for her was out of love and then she will fall in love with him?

I doubt that ending happens though.

If this drama should really portray reality I think

Joonhyuk&Bongsoon still together

Jiae & Dalsoo is getting divorced

Dalsoo going to Sohyun

but Jiae, would never fall for Taejoon since I think she'd be heartbroken than ever after divorce

:tears:

Guest buddhjie14

JiAe is receiving so much hate! She didn't do anything wrong. She is a person with emotions and feelings and Dal Soo betrayed her trust. Remember a few episodes back where JiAe says that even if everyone says he is a cheater if Dal Soo himself says he's not then she would have believed him! What has Dal Soo sacrificed for JiAe? Nothing. What has JiAe sacrificed for Dal Soo? Everything. She worked hard to get him a job through sheer determination, and she also had to lose her pride and take a lot of embarassment, all for Dal Soo. Even Joon Hyuk said in the first episode that JiAe shouldn't be living such a life which pissed Dal Soo off, but Joon Hyuk was right.

It's obvious Dal Soo still has feelings for So Hyun or else he wouldn't worry so much about her and keep having flashbacks about her. Now if he truly loved JiAe, he would prioritize his feelings and always put JiAe first. But he doesn't.

In a fairytale ending that abides by social norms, all the original couples would get back together.

But if this is about true love, then:

Dal Soo and So Hyun end up together.

Bong Soon and Joon Hyuk stay together (Joon Hyuk did not originally love her but in the end he does).

Ji Ae and Tae Joon? Tae Joon obviously likes Ji Ae, but I don't know if she recipocates... But maybe she will realize all the things that Tae Joon did for her was out of love and then she will fall in love with him?

I doubt that ending happens though.

I agree with all you've mentioned about Ji Ae and Dalsu.

but, I have to disagree with that(the bold ones),

because, Junhyeok does not really like BongSun in the beginning,

he actually liked BongSun,

remember in the first episode?

on the match making date thing?

he chose BongSun instead of Ji Ae first,

but when Jo Ae point her straw to Junhyeok,

he shift his straw to Ji Ae.

He just can't get over his dating days with Ji Ae

that is why he is so cold to BongSun before,

and when he knew that BongSun was the reason why Ji Ae and he broke up,

he started hating her.

And I think he hate her not just because BongSun separate them,

but because of the fact that BongSun deceived him.

Every person would be hurt if the person they love deceive them.

That is why he hates BongSun is because she deceived him.

But Ji Ae made him realize his true feelings for BongSun when

Ji Ae told him that BongSun is going to be operated.

:)

Guest undone702

I agree the writers sure know how to make you hate and love a character all at the same time I don't hate Ji Ae at all I just wish the three couples can reuinte and all become friends . Hopefully things play out better in episode 19 I still don't know how this will end in two episodes they have alot of stuff to cover.

Guest amane~matsuo

I do think Joonhyuk liked Bongsoon too, the straw picking was proof :lol: and he seemed to be really concerned that night she was *supposedly* robbed

but that time all the guys go for Jiae so I think he really did fell for her that time.

Anyway on the lighter side of things, Kim Nam Joo's bday was on May 10 and the staff, PD and everyone on the set had a surprise bday party for her :)

I hope there's like a BTS for that one :lol:

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200905130757231001

Guest buddhjie14

I do think Joonhyuk liked Bongsoon too, the straw picking was proof :lol: and he seemed to be really concerned that night she was *supposedly* robbed

but that time all the guys go for Jiae so I think he really did fell for her that time.

Anyway on the lighter side of things, Kim Nam Joo's bday was on May 10 and the staff, PD and everyone on the set had a surprise bday party for her :)

I hope there's like a BTS for that one :lol:

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200905130757231001

So, it's the birthday of our beloved Kim Nam Joo last Sunday!

belated happy birthday to her!

thanks for sharing the news. :)

I almost forgot about the *supposedly* robbed thing. :sweatingbullets:

that's another proof!

Guest amane~matsuo

^ You're welcome :lol:

Heehee. Funny coz over at QoH dcinside gallery they were almost fighting over there because of the whole DS-JA issue.

Some are really wanting DS & SH to get together while some are really oppossing for divorce..

Here, well glad it's all civil hehe

Guest nysophia_x_ii

honestly, from today's episode, i'm really hating dal soo right now. he's really hurting ji ae so much. and i can't believe he asked to divorce at the end

i really love joonhyuk and bong soon. they're really so cute because they both hate showing their feelings, but by trying to hide it, they instead reveal lol as of now, i would really want dalsoo to be with so hyeon, ji ae with tae joon, and bong soon to stay with joonhyuk.

oh, and most importantly, i secretly have this want for bongsoon and ji ae to become bffs again, band together and take down kim hong shik and his wife B) ahaha it would be so...satisfying

Guest Mandi9940

i pitied JiAe until ep 17 but not anymore. i tried very hard to convince myself that she's a superwoman who'd sacrifice anything for her husband but now i think she's misleaded herself. Her actions made me feel that all she's done was more for herself, right from the beginning. The fact that she'd been staying with Dasu over the difficult times was perhaps because she didn't have other choice. Whether it's to save her own pride (she showed off to everyone when she married Dasu) for the wrong choice or she hadn't found other job/man. Otherwise she'd have dumped him long time ago. i mean, other than the cute looks, what else does this Ohn Dasu hav in the first part of the story? Love is not what JiAe would appreciate, though she kept claiming. She's been repeatedly telling her husband that she regretted marrying him, that's to say, she's been telling him she's been staying with him bcos she'd no other choice. Then, she should really dump him and seek her own happiness, rather than torturing him by finding fault at every trival matter, including saving a life. i'm getting disgusted with her. On the other hand, Bong Soon derserves to be the Queen of Housewives. She's mature, and very supportive towards her husband. Junhyk will succed with this kind of wife. Soyeon has good personality but too bad Dasu will never reciprocate her luv.....& Taejun, wakeup !!

Guest janezio

I am so happy that DALSOO finally came to his senses and accepted JI AE's proposal to divorce. Despite how he apologized to her, knelt down, explained over and over again that he and SH had no relationship, JI AE still wouldn't believe him or forgive him and she kept complaining about her life being stuck with him and making him feel "small" even tho he said that he will work hard and will protect his family and promised to do well in his job.

This will make JI AE straighten up and start thinking about her priorities and stop letting that fierce jealousy blind her!

To be perfectly honest, if I was in Jiae's shoes, I would have asked for divorce right away. IMO, cheating, however explicit or implicit, is a toxic thing in a relationship, especially one as serious as a marriage providing that you actually care about the marriage. Even if you forgive your significant other for straying away, you will never ever forget about it. You can't undo knowing that your spouse had thoughts about someone else. You'll always live with that sense of suspicion nagging on the back of your mind, wondering if perhaps (s)he has done it again. Divorce sucks terribly, but given the alternative of being suspicious of your spouse all your life, it can sometimes be a reasonable solution. You're running the risk of your spouse being sincere when they say they'd never do that again and ruin your marriage for no reason, to which I say: why strayed away in the first place?

i think all this while, jiae took dalsoo being too kind to her for granted. Now, when she pushed him too far, and telling him she regrets marrying him, and proposing divorce, dalsoo retaliates by accepting the proposal. but still, they love each other. the fact that both are hurt by each other, and angry with each other, would end their love? i don't want to see it ends. the poster pic of dalsoo and jiae touching his dimples seems like they should live happily ever after. besides, dalsoo would at the end of this drama becomes a better man with the help of his wife. that sounds like a solidarity of marriage to me.

what i see is that both of them will have time to think in 2 episodes. besides, taejoon and sohyun still have to attend taejoon's father's funeral, mr kim hasn't returned from dubai, and bongsoon still have to produce evidence about the mr kim's plan to fail taejoon's project, the new product has not been launched yet, and dalsoo-jiae have not realized that Samonim is using their trouble in marriage to go against the president.

Guest lucky_moon

Torrent Link Ep18 (HDTV.X264.720p-HAN™, 1.54GB):

http://www.box.net/shared/xd7ipldj5z

qoh18han.jpg

Note: the torrent contains a batch for yesterday's Eps ( The slingshot, Queen of Housewives, Princess Ja Myung Go) so check only the Ep you want to download & remove the check from the other Eps..

honestly, from today's episode, i'm really hating dal soo right now. he's really hurting ji ae so much. and i can't believe he asked to divorce at the end

i really love joonhyuk and bong soon. they're really so cute because they both hate showing their feelings, but by trying to hide it, they instead reveal lol as of now, i would really want dalsoo to be with so hyeon, ji ae with tae joon, and bong soon to stay with joonhyuk.

oh, and most importantly, i secretly have this want for bongsoon and ji ae to become bffs again, band together and take down kim hong shik and his wife B) ahaha it would be so...satisfying

Hello! I am new in this forum but I am always watching this drama.. In my opinion, maybe when Dalsoo accepted the divorce, it will be a turning point in their life. Not to the point that they will end up divorced but I think this will give JiHae time to think deeper their situation.

I can understand Ji Ae 's feeling everytime Dal soo asked for forgiveness and she is just giving him a cold look. It is really very hard to forgive someone particularly when you love him most and you do everything for him and sacrifice a lot for him most especially when you trust him so deeply. Though DS has been unemployed for so many years but Jie Ae sticked up with himm and has put him in the pedestal and look up to him in terms of being a loyal and faithful husband and when he heard suddenly that he cheated on her, she felt betrayed and broke in to pieces. It is a typical woman attitude.

I don't think DS will end up with SH nor JA and him will really be divorced. Though Ji Ae hates him, I believe love will prevail. Remember when TJ asked why she don't go for a motor boat (he means himself), its because she still loves DS though she's hurting..

TJ and SH will end up together through the death of TJ's father..

What I wanted for the next episode is for BS, JH, TJ, SH, JA and DS to work hand in hand in order to pull down Director Kim and Mrs. Kim..

I think the ending will be:

TAE JOONG & SO HYUN- They will make up, remarried and have kids (he will be the new president of the company)

JUN HYUK & BONG SOON-They will end up together, live happily and JH will replace Sr. Dir. Kim, Bong Soon will be JS's bff.

DALSOO & JI AE-They will find the way back in others arms again and Dal Soo will be promoted as a Dir and their daughter will be married to JH & BS's son.. heheh!

Guest undone702

I don't see them divorcing either you saw the shocked look of suprise on Ji Aes face I dont' think she was expecting that answer. I think Dalsu doesn't feel worthy of Ji Ae anymore because she made him feel so low. As for SH I think Dal su just feels bad about her protecting him for the company. He is not in love with SH he feels sorry for her. I know he loves Ji Ae. I also love BS and her husband they are very cute together lol although I would like to see a little bit more romance like a kiss from them. Hmm it seems like TB is spending more time with SH since they divorced then when they were married. He also seemed concerned when she was pulled out of the water and you can tell by the tears and the look on her face as she followed TB out of the restaraunt that she loves him. (TB that is ) I think they will end up together I just can picture them sleeping together after her commiserating him over his fathers death and there remarriage would solidify the company and defeat Mr Kim and his wife

Guest amane~matsuo

I think Dalsoo agreed to divorce Jiae because he seemed to be so tired of her nagging, her accusations and paranoia. But I dont really blame JA for all that. She was also shocked by his answer "Let's divorce" but I still hate him for being like that, after all she's done for her, I think she did that because she loved him, and they were happy even though they didn't have a lot back then. But money is everything to this world, and you can't blame Jiae for wanting so much, she has a kid to send to kindergarten to, got bills to pay and they need food in the table. She alone provided for them in the last seven years and it's just right to have your husband get to his feet and have him bring the bacon home. Now, for them to be together, I think JA will also has to lower her pride and accept him again, she pushed him too much lately, rattling on him about not going home for the night, throwing a pillow at him.. Forgiving someone is hard, especially if you've trust that person so much and never thought of him capable on cheating on you. Trust is like a glass, once it's broken it's hard to get back and build it into pieces. So I know where JA's drama is coming from.

I don't think Sohyun will pursue Dalsoo if they're getting divorced, I think she'll feel guilty for having DS&JA break up. TJ & JA seems to not be seeing each other again since Dalsoo paid JA's debt to him. And TJ compromised DS to not see his wife again. Way I look at it, Taejoon and Sohyun are the ones getting together now, because of TJ's dad passing away. They both understand each other so much so I think they'll be sticking to each other now. Only problem really is DS & JA...

Bongsoon sure is brave standing up to Mrs. Kim, I hoped she and JA should conspire to Samonim but it looks like Taejoon and Joonhyuk will be the one to conspire against Director Kim now. And I'm glad for that. Now that TJ's dad passed, kicking TJ out of his position in the company will be too easy for Director Kim, so Taejoon really needed Joonhyuk. If Joonhyuk gets back on his position again, it'll be happy ending for Joonhyuk/Bongsoon and I doubt if they'll do those dirty deeds they've done before, now that they have experienced what it's like to be used by someone and then after just get dumped by them and be blamed, so I think they've changed :lol:

Guest dramaok

did anyone post yesterday's ratings yet? i think it was 30% TNS nationwide if i remember correctly from skimming the news.

yay!

i'm still a big JI-AE supporter! she's overbearing because that is part of her personality and her charm.

she's not gonna change ppl don't change their personalities. she's been the same throughout her life.

BUT since it's brought in a huge conflict in her marriage.. coupled with Dalsu's weak easily pushed-over personality..

she is gotta make a choice. to divorce and be herself the way she is naughty and sassy and overbearing... (albeit hilarious to some)..

OR she needs to stop thinking her marriage should evolve around her and herself.

i am ok w/ whatever she chooses. i think it's up to her whether or not she and Dalsu divorce.

but right now i'm more distracted by Taebong and his sad look.. and now his dad died w/out him saying goodbye.. T.T,,,

i need to see taebongee smile again.. he should smile it suits him the best..

Joonhyeok and Bongsoon are heavenly match.

Archived