Jeon Ji Hyun Victim Of Wiretapping!

Company Sidus is accused!

jeonjihyun21jqgh5.jpg

Top actress' cell phone cloned to eavesdrop

Korea's top actress Jun Ji-hyun's cell phone has been illegally cloned to allow eavesdropping by her management company whose contract with her expires next month, police say.

The company denied the allegation.

The Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency yesterday summoned an official of Sidus HQ, Jun's management company, for investigation.

The man is the brother of company CEO Jung Hoon-tak.

Police had earlier questioned three people from a private detective agency, including a 42-year-old man identified only by the surname Kim, and two Sidus HQ officials about the alleged phone duplication.

The private agency was hired by Jun's company exclusively for the job, police say.

Police on Monday raided the Sidus HQ office and the private detective agency to confiscate computers and documents and are now trying to track down people who were actually involved in cloning Jun's phone for the detective agency.

Kim and two associated individuals set up the agency and have duplicated cell phones at the request of approximately 30 customers from from Oct. 2006 to Oct. 2008.

They charged 1 to 3 million won per case, according to police.

During a recent investigation on the detective agency, police discovered that several phone calls have been made between it and Jun's management company.

Further police questioning of Kim found that Sidus HQ asked the agency to replicate Jun's mobile phone, allegedly to monitor her personal life, police said.

The agency received millions of won from Jun's company in return for making a duplicate of her phone, police said.

"Since a duplicated cell phone provides the record of text messages sent or received through the original phone, it is possible to take control of the phone holder's personal life using a reproduced phone," said a Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency official who asked to remain anonymous.

Sidus HQ says there is no truth to the allegations.

"The news is just a groundless rumor. It's absurd that a management company would use a reproduced phone to keep track of a celebrity client's private life," the company said.

By Jang Joo-young JoongAng Ilbo/ Park Sun-young Staff Reporter @ JoongAng Daily News

Actress Spied Over Duplicated Phones

By Bae Ji-sook

Actress Jun Ji-hyun, 27, may have had her mobile phone tapped by her own agent, police said Monday.

They believe the alleged culprits were trying to exert control over all aspects of her life.

Members of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency raided the office of entertainment agency Sidus HQ Monday night to secure computer hard discs, documents on its client management and materials related to Jun.

They have also tracked the IP address of those who logged on to a Web site to check Jun's text messages and the company's bank accounts and found that three Sidus staff were using them.

Police are to question the company head and other employees.

They are investigating whether the agency tried to bug all of Jun's phone conversations.

Since Jun's contract with the company ends next month, said police, it is highly likely that all Jun's moves were monitored.

The investigation was launched following a previous probe of a private detective agency that watches people at the request of their clients.

Police recently arrested three staff at the agency, which made 40 duplicated mobile phones at the request of clients who suspected their spouses of infidelity and in cases of property feud since October 2006, receiving between 1 and 4 million won per case.

The police agency has also secured a list of targets who were watched. Police said the agency staff also confirmed that Sidus had ordered the duplicated phones around November 2007.

The suspect devices can monitor text messages and the police said the phones could have been used at many other agencies which look after celebrities.

``Jun is also aware of the investigation. She was rather aloof about what she had heard,'' a police insider said.

Police revealed Tuesday that Sidus manager Park had partially admitted to the allegations. ``He said the company has asked for duplication,'' an officer said.

That was a complete about face on what Sigdus said a day earlier. The company had said that it planned no wiretapping or monitoring on any of its celebrities, claiming that amounted to entrapment.

Sidus head Jung Hun-tak first picked up Jun about 10 years ago. She was styled as the girl next door on TV commercials.

Jun and Jung were even reported to have planned marriage in 2004, which they later sued a newspaper company over and received an apology and 30 million won for the printing of ``false information.''

Credits: bjs@The Korean Times

jihyun19cm9.jpg

jeonjihyun0020xcjn5.jpg

u1513p28t3d859521f326dtkh2.jpg

Guest ilikebeingtough

i read about this in the korean news...her company hired some technicians and paid $4,500 to clone her phone....then monitored all her calls and text messages. what sparked it was her bad relationship with her agent. her company will do anything to keep her from leaving them (she joined it when she was in high school)

Guest xiheartricex

what in the world? it almost sounds like something out of an action/thriller movie...that's messed up. this company is going to go downhill if police confirm that they did what they were accused of. it's like some big brother scandal

Guest monaero

I had no idea that was even possible. I'm not understanding how Sidus doing this to her will stop her from leaving? Anyway, it's a good thing her contract expires soon.

That's gotta hurt. Especially since SidusHQ is very established and has a ton of actors/actresses that they handle. I probably would have guessed SidusHQ last for a situation like this.

Guest mika.16

thats crazy and messed up.

So much news these days which shows the corrupted side of Korean entertainment.

Though i doubt this will stop people from joining Sidus.. they're pretty powerful

Guest she-smiles

if sidus is really behind this, then i am quite shocked & disappointed.

and...... such technology these days,

it scares me that my personal life (and conversations) are being heard.

Guest creaturedreams

Gosh that sucks, I wonder how the other fellow actors/actresses In SidusHQ are feeling about their own privacy for all we know they all could be wiretapped too :blink:

Guest vungdim

That's seriously low.

For some reason, I feel like Sidus might pull a fast one on Jeon Ji Hyun when she tries to leave like blackmail her into staying with them with the help of the illegal things they got from her cellphone.

Archived