Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest qoxie

^

He's a HK photographer.

His 1st tweet: Taking pictures at Athens OAKA [Olympic Athletic Center of Athens], met Min Sunye by chance. 민선예? MIN SUNYE? Think it's spelled like this... Among WG, I like this one a little more. Vocals, energy, eyes, lips, face, ah, she's just right~ I'm smitten~ Hahaha~ fan.giffan.giffan.gif Too unsightly to ask for a group photo. Missed the chance~ 2 weeks of photoshooting in Athens is over & done, getting ready to return to HK~ sun.gif

His 2nd tweet: sun.gifsun.gifsun.gif A flash of freshness in the beautiful Athens sunshine fan.giffan.giffan.gifSunye 민선예 MIN SUNYE, July 4 at OAKA.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Gotta love how the international press is using the Special Olympics's "The number one girl group in Asia" reference for WG for their news reports. ^^

- - - - - - - - - - -

Found more pics.

EKWjM.jpg

q6Nkt.jpg

AQXYB.jpg

oNfWN.jpg

3yrB6.jpg

Cr: specialolympicsteamusa.org / SOTeamUSA @ Facebook

72f85.jpg

Cr: axortagos.gr

LGMvr.jpg

Cr: sentragoal.gr

bluewhitesky (allase) also has an unshared WG pic on her Flickr photostream.

5Y23V.jpg

Cr: allase @ flickr

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest qoxie

Sohee's photospread won Dazed & Confused Korea readers poll. Congrats~

uXAj8.jpg

Source: http://dazeddigital....vey_ending.html

- - - - - - - - - -

WG article in 芒果周刊 (Mango Weekly) issue #153.

Lu9sV.jpg

Cr: as tagged

WONDERGIRLS wins Top Bestselling Overseas Group

Popular idol group: Hard work is always directly related to glory.

Mention WG & everyone knows them. Their classic hit 'Nobody' is globally famous; many people is familiar with its dance steps too. Even though they are Korea's finest girlgroup, WG gunned for bigger stages & continued to work hard amid harsh conditions. They have produced an impressive result.

The main article text is incomplete (truncated at the bottom) but basically chronicled the history of 'Nobody', so I'm skipping it.

The respective subheadings are: "Glory: Their arrival sparkled a worldwide 'Nobody' craze" & "Magical song: 'Nobody' conquered the world'.

Found the mag's front cover.

FAe7Zm.jpg

I want to extend my solidarity to valentino_rossi46 bikini argument -- well said, there's fanboys too!! :lol:

--

Chooney7 has many unseen pics of Athens.

3c1b860127678d402d72ce12313bc39a_large.jpg

Shopping! ^^

05827d104ea71939a6987fd1e2aeee65_large.jpg

Group pic after the ceremony

This is just an appetizer, visit the site to see them in hi-res.

http://chooney7.egloos.com/2772742

--

A side-note on Greece

roygfr.jpg

Among Yeeun pool pics twitted on the 4th morning there's one showing Greece sky and part of a black-blue striped sun umbrella. - just want to explain those who never visited Greece that pics like that are the most common Greece tourist souvenirs.

The Greek are absolutely brilliant in putting their flag colors everywhere: white houses with blue window blinds, doors, the beach umbrellas, table decoration, towels, all souvenirs... it's like brain conditioning, when you watch your pics later, the two colors are everywhere. :P

---

Ouch, for me egloss is on >.< ...on which host can I put 4MB+ pics for the forum with enough duration? I can do it tomorrow for sure.

v

Guest qoxie

^

Arrgh, you got into the egloos site.

I surfed to there as part of my bookmarks browsing earlier but it was "under maintenance." The site is still down now (again?) for me.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Guess the Qingdao date is on.

The organizers held a press conference yesterday to announce the concert & the full artiste lineup.

A lot of local governmental agencies are involved in the planning, so JYPE will ruffle feathers if WG withdraws.

FYI It's also variously called 'Maritime Festival', 'Ocean Festival', 'Sea Festival', et al. Don't seem to have an official English title. I'm sticking with 'Marine Festival.'

ouFwm.jpg

Cr: as tagged

1st media report, by a city newspaper.

Wikipedia says the concert venue's capacity is 20,000.

oGnbK.jpg

Source: http://roll.sohu.com...312653397.shtml

See Qingdao from the sky at this year's Marine Festival

Bandao City News 2011-07-07 03:22

This year's Marine Festival will start one day earlier than last year's. On July 6, reporters learned at the official Opening Ceremony news conference that the 2011 China Qingdao International Marine Festival will be held from July 23 to August 9 at the Olympic Sailing Center & its surrounding waters. This year's theme is 'Inviting the world to share a blue feast'. During the 18 days, there will be over 30 events sorted into 6 groupings. Worth mentioning is a Eurocopter helicopter for an aerial tourism event to "see Qingdao from the sky", "see Laoshan from the sky" as it flies over the ocean.

July 23 official opening, to last 18 days

The Marine Festival was founded in 1999. Besides being a major brand-name event for Qingdao city, it is also China's only marine-themed mega festival. The 2011 edition will be held from July 23 to August 9 at the Olympic Sailing Center & its surrounding waters. With 'Inviting the world to share a blue feast' as its theme, the 18-day period will feature over 30 events revolving around the 6 groupings of marine culture, marine sports, naval presentations, marine technology, marine creativity & maritime tourism.

Reporters also learned at the news conference that the 2011 Marine Festival's Opening Ceremony Mega Variety Show is titled "Call of the Sea". It will be held on July 23 evening at the Qingdao Tiantai Stadium. The concert featues a formidable artiste lineup, including Chris Lee, Sammi Cheng, Chiang Yu-heng, Shin, Xianzi as well as popular Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS, etc.

[skipped the rest.]

Guest jcsmark

T-ara's leader talked about retro concepts of girls groups.

Continuing, Hyomin explained: "Wonder Girls's songs 'Tell Me', 'So Hot', 'nobody' is a fad for retro, SNSD's 'Hoot' was a retro of girls power that has received a lot of love. T-ara must have a completely different retro feel from them."

"Wonder Girls concept is South African, and SNSD's concept is Western retro concept. But for our retro concept, it's really south Korea's retro concept. We really show that what our parent's retro era looked like."

Full article here http://www.dkpopnews.net/2011/07/news-t-ara-retro-and-wonder-girls-retro.html

----

Here's a short clip of Wonder Girls (Yeeun, Lim, Yubin) at their hotel after the closing ceremony performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YALEfSbc1Rs

Guest aloversrendezvous

270308_10150264355068361_624383360_7311156_2097722_n.jpg

Lim's new twitter default picture. :)

Credit: wg_lim for the photo and wonderfulwondergirls.tumblr.com for find

-----

Edited: Since I topped the page (yay!), I'll put up a gif I found from wonderfulwondergirls.tumblr.com

tumblr_ln68wqq7kp1qco1zjo1_500.gif

Wonder Girls, HWAITING! :D

Guest qoxie

^

That reminds me. I have been behind checking on WG's Facebooks.

Yeeun did share a beachwear snapshot for her profile pic, as mentioned in her diary update.

Sunye, LIM & Yoobin also changed theirs, but didn't use any new personal photos.

5voyZ.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

"Wonder Girls concept is South African, and SNSD's concept is Western  retro concept. But for our retro concept, it's really south Korea's  retro concept. We really show that what our parent's retro era looked  like."

I was guffawing when I saw this English description.

Definitely not 'South African retro', for sure. The Chinese interpreters translated it as 'Afro-American retro' (i.e. black urban), which is arguably more apt.

- - - - - - - - -

Wow, WG wore their stage costumes back to the hotel.

Wasted my time watching the numerous Special Olympics backstage clips on Youtube TT

Guest valentino_rossi46

South African retro ??? LOL

I watched T-ara new song, they retro 80s style with disco music, their outfit is quite similar to Tell me while music is look like 2DT. Well I dont say they copy, they just follow the trend

Guest seulgi&siwonlovers

^

That reminds me. I have been behind checking on WG's Facebooks.

Yeeun did share a beachwear snapshot for her profile pic, as mentioned in her diary update.

Sunye, LIM & Yoobin also changed theirs, but didn't use any new personal photos.

*quoted image*

- - - - - - - - - -

I was guffawing when I saw this English description.

Definitely not 'South African retro', for sure. The Chinese interpreters translated it as 'Afro-American retro' (i.e. black urban), which is arguably more apt.

- - - - - - - - -

Wow, WG wore their stage costumes back to the hotel.

Wasted my time watching the numerous Special Olympics backstage clips on Youtube TT

LOL I guess WG is trendsetters after all :3 haha I'm a fan both of T-ara and Wonder Girls, big one actually ;D and In most of T-ara interviews, the girl group they most look up to is Wonder Girls and how they wishes to collaborate with WG if they hav the chance so Im glad T-ara is modeling the retro after the girls ^^ hehe I lvoe this two.

Guest beceshawtti3

What? Wonder Girls is South African retro? Haha, T-ara's Roly Poly is so reminiscent of Wonder Girls' Tell Me. They just wear different outfits and clothes yet their moves are disco.

Guest valentino_rossi46

Hee Chul showed his love again lol, today he is a guest of Sukira Kiss the radio to promote his project group M&D

110707 SUKIRA KTR

Listener: Heechul oppa favorite girls grp is Wonder Girls right? Actually u like Sohee the most?

Hee: Ah~ this is our grp secret~ Sohee ssi existence is just like the air exist in our live

Teuk: My life (destiny)

Hyuk: Just like breathing

Hee: Although I don't always think (of her), is really like breathing

Hyuk: Beyond breathing

Hee: hahaha~

Cr: 凝幻 + @HeechulSJFacts

So sweet, So hee is important to him as air :P

I found 1 more :) , today he is the guest of Shim Shim Tapa radio too, (it supposed last night cuz the show was aired in 12 - 2am), when he did the speed quiz with a fan he asked "The girl I like, my idea type who is a cutie", of course fan answered " So hee" :P

Can watch the clip with engsub here, at 1'16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcLvq6dXMbE

Guest ♪ LeeNa ♪

posted ?!!

110707 Heechul - 'SO HOT' (Ballad Ver) LIVE @ Sukira KTR (SUPER JUNIOR)

Guest valentino_rossi46

^

They teased HC about SoHee :P

Yubin twitter translation from @yubina_dotcom

Seul Ong is always sweet to the girls <3

ah, i wanna cry...... my pictures are disappeared because of synchronization...T.T @WGyubin: 아... 울고싶다.... 아이폰 동기화되서 사진이 다 날아가버렸어......ㅜㅜ

my memories of time in Greece............ @WGyubin: 내 그리스의 추억들..............

oh no... QT @2AMkwon: @WGyubin 헐랭방구..

wanna cry T.T QT @WGyubin: @2AMkwon 어어어어엉~~~~~ ㅠㅠ

it's ok yubinyong... you may have lost all your photos, but your memories will always remain within you : )but honestly, if i were in your situation, i'd be so mad and be rolling on the ground by now.. lol QT @2AMONG: @WGyubin 눈으로는 잊어도 마음으로 기억하면돼 유비뇽ㅋ 하지만 내가저상황이었음 짜증나서 굴러다니고있을걸ㅡㅡㅎ

oppa, it seems that none of the consolation is helping me now T.T QT @WGyubin: @2AMONG 오빠 어떤말도 지금의 날 위로해줄수없어 ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ

tears tears T-T QT @Chooney7: @WGyubin ㅠㅡㅠ 흑흑흑

T.T T.T T.T QT @WGyubin: @Chooney7 엉엉엉 ㅠㅠ

there is a program that you can use to restore your photos! QT @baesoozzang: @WGyubin 사진복구하는거있어여!프로그램

please tell me!!!!!!! QT @WGyubin: @baesoozzang 알려주세요오오오!!!!!!!!

bravo Pyeong Chang!!! i'm even happier to hear this news after being in Greece!! YAY~!!!!!! QT @WGyubin: 브라보 평창!!!! 아무래도 그리스에 다녀온 뒤 이렇게 이 소식을 접하니 기쁨이 배가 되는것같다~ 앗싸 !!!!

yubin, we'll be thirty one by the time Pyeong Chang Olympics come lol QT @younhaholic: 유빈아 @WGyubin 우리 평창올림픽에는 서른하나임 ㅋㅋ

omg..... this is not good..... QT @WGyubin: @younhaholic ㅠㅠ 허허허헉..... 이거 큰일이네 ㅡㅡ

maybe we'd be newlyweds by then! QT @younhaholic: @WGyubin 다들 신혼집에서 보는거 아녀!

there's nothing that i wish more than thi... nah... prolly not gonna happen.. lol QT @WGyubin: @younhaholic 그러면 소원이 없쟈... 에효 할수나 있을런지 ㅋㅋㅋ

Guest wonderr23

Poll: What Should Wonder Girls Cover For Mashup Mondays?

Choices:

Miley Cyrus' "Party In The USA"

"Nothin' On You" by B.o.B. feat. Bruno Mars

The Band Perry's "Hip To My Heart"

Link: Billboard.com

I pick Party in the USA :)

Guest qoxie

Z2oFR.jpg

Source: http://www.hkheadlin...35205&srctype=p

A WG performance to herald end of Special Olympics

Headline News 2011-07-06

Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS (WG) took part in the 'Special Olympics World Summer Games Athens 2011' closing ceremony the other day. They performed their signature hits 'Tell Me' & 'Nobody' to an enthusiastic reception. On behalf of Pyeongchang city who is hosting next year's [sic] Special Olympics, the girls also sang 'Arirang' to showcase to the world the essence of South Korea. WG said they felt very honored to participate in such a significant event. They hoped more people can enjoy their music & to get to know Korean culture. In addition, following Twitter, WG has also recently created individual Weibos to connect with the fans.

- - - - - - - - - - -

BLGPr.jpg

Source: http://paper.wenweip...N1107060043.htm

WONDERGIRLS shouts out 'I love you' in Greek language

Wen Wei Po 2011-07-06

Popular Korean girlgroup WG took part in the Athens Special Olympics closing ceremony the other day. They sang their signature hits 'Nobody' & 'Tell Me' as well as the Korean classic 'Arirang', showcasing to the world the essence of South Korea. They asked the audience in Greek whether they are enjoying the girls' performance, even shouting out: "I love you." Group member Yeeun tweeted prior to say that they had participated in a medal presentation, even uploading a photo of her putting the medal around an athlete's neck. She also posed affectionately with group leader Sunye in another snapshot.

Being in Greece was rare, so WG seized the opportunity to roam around for fun. Yeeun & Yoobin wore lovely dresses as they enjoyed themselves at the seaside, their sparkling smiles drawing the attention of many tourists. They also took Polaroids of their beachwear & shared them on Twitter. The fans left messages praising the girls as truly world-famous singers; some also implored them to perform again in Korea soon. According to reports, the girls returned to American to record their new album after completing the Athens performance. 

Text: Mana

- - - - - - - - -

AcLM2.jpg

"Brother" Chris Lee returns to Qingdao; the China Qingdao International Marine Festival kicks off on July 23

Qingdao News 2011-07-07 13:46

July 6 afternoon. Reporters learned at the news conference for the '2011 China Qingdao International Marine Festival' concert & investment conference that the 2011 Festival Opening Ceremony 'Call Of The Sea' will be held on July 23 at the Qingdao Tiantai Stadium. On that evening, Sammi Cheng, Chris Lee, SHIN, WONDERGIRLS & other well-known stars from home & abroad will be coming together to present Qingdao city residents a stupendous feast. 

[skipped the rest.]

Excepted from: http://travel.qingdaonews.com/gb/content/2011-07/07/content_8851113.htm

- - - - - - - - -

Chris Lee, Sammi Cheng [coming] to support the Marine Festival; the stage will transform into a 'sailboat'

Haiao Entertainment 2011-07-07 09:50

Popular idol Chris Lee, 'Mandopop queen' Sammi Cheng, rock singer SHIN, Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS... This July 23, these stars will take to the 'sailboat' stage at the Tiantai Stadium to raise the curtain for this year's Marine Festival. Yesterday, the "Call Of The Sea: 2011 China Qingdao International Marine Festival Opening Ceremony" held a press conference. Concert director Luo Hangwu said this year's show has not only invited Chris Lee & othe major stars, the concert stage will also tranform into a 'sailboat' to enable the audience to experience the feeling of sailing.

[skipped next paragraph]

WG coming to Qingdao for the 1st time

[skipped next paragraph]

In addition, the concert also invited super-popular Korean girlgroup WG. Their hit 'Nobody' had swept the world. This is their 1st performance in Qingdao, so the fans will have a close-up view of a 'live' version of 'Nobody'. [Reporter: Pan Qi]

Source: http://ent.hiao.com/content/2011-07/07/content_8850904.htm

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Found something else interesting too.

Waiting to allow soompi to let me make a new posting, unless someone can post below to help speed up the process....

Guest valentino_rossi46

@wonderr23: can u translate the clip HC sang So Hot, ppl teased him about SoHee? :)

MashupMonday is a radio show? I vote Nothing on you, I dont want Miley, in fact, i dont want the girls do the music type like Miley/JoBros/Selena Gomez/Justin Bieber, some cute teeny stuffs ><

Whether they will reveal their new song on that show, it will be weird if they just come to cover a song

Archived