Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Got it! Found Seed 97.5 FM's photo album. Thanks to Patparatcha @ WG-Station.

Plus a few hundred more fanpics, for the collectors LOL

screenhunter03nov170508.gif

Source: http://seedspace.dic...albums/view/922

- - - - - - - - - - -

51455718.png

81232102.png

33569013.png

15554909.png

Source: http://smudger19.mul...paign=smudger19

- - - - - - - - - - -

74977170.png

23684218.png

Source: http://www.daily-pop.com/?p=342

- - - - - - - - - - -

34660333.png

22429334.png

Cr: earthp.multipy.com

I think the originals are stored on Facebook, but no link provided so here is the WG-Station thread instead: http://www.pantip.co...9/C9923789.html

- - - - - - - - - - -

screenhunter02nov170453.gif

Source: http://www.jiggaban.com/mnet2010prc/

- - - - - - - - - - -

75145272.png

87255231.png

Source: http://www.koreasara...ews.php?id=1203

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest queen;ofhearts.

choreographers shaun evaristo (worked with YG artists)  & rino okinawa (worked with SM artists) just had a live chat and I asked them, "DO YOU KNOW WONDER GIRLS" and they answered me~

They said yes and danced to Nobody ^^ Rino said she met them, took a picture with them and said she looked like she was part of WG.lool<3 And Shaun said he met one of them. happy~

Guest shinhdeplol

LIM TWEETED

I'm thinking of buying a new book...Any suggestions? (PS: Anything except for Sci-Fi. lol)

Gina tweeted :)

@WGyenny hey u its me gina!<3 잘지내지?ㅋㅋ

@WGyubin 유빈아!!! 한국이야? Its me gina miss u!

JYPE updated the Korean media about WG's future plans.

As expected, they will conduct American activities next year after the completion of their Asian (MULA) & Korean (JYP Nation -- hmm, it mentioned Dec 24 & 25 again) shows.

I think the JYPE official also indicated Korean activities (& future MULA shows) may be "difficult" for WG's schedule?

If true, then they are retreating from the world stage too...

원더걸스, 연말까지 亞 공연..내년엔 또 美로

입력 : 2010-11-17 16:19:52

pp10111700020.jpg

[이데일리 SPN 박미애 기자] 원더걸스가 글로벌 걸그룹다운 행보를 잇고 있다.

소속사 JYP엔터테인먼트 관계자에 따르면 원더걸스는 올 연말까지 국내를 포함 아시아 지역에서 콘서트를 가진 뒤 내년부터 다시 미국 활동을 전개한다.

원더걸스는 현재 한 소속사 식구인 2PM과 함께 `MULA`(Mnet Ultimate Live In Asia) 콘서트에 참여하고 있다. MULA는 역량 있는 아티스트의 해외 진출, 국내 공연 사업의 글로벌화, 음반·공연·방송이 연계된 비즈니스 모델 구축 등을 위해 엠넷에서 기획한 글로벌 프로젝트.

이러한 프로젝트에 따라 원더걸스는 최근까지 대만, 태국에서 콘서트를 펼쳤고 엠넷에서 현재 싱가포르, 말레이시아 등 아시아 또 다른 국가에서의 공연을 준비하고 있는 만큼 향후 더 많은 아시아 팬들과 만날 예정이다.

또 다음 달 24일과 25일에는 국내 공연을 가진다. 단독 공연은 아니지만 서울 올림픽공원 체조경기장에서 제이와이피네이션(JYP Nation)이라는 타이틀로 박진영, 2PM, 산이, 주 등 소속사 가수들과 함께 하는 공연에 참여한다. 이로써 짧게나마 국내 팬들도 오랜만에 만날 수 있을 예정이다.

소속사 관계자는 "원더걸스가 현재 `MULA` 및 `제이와이피네이션` 콘서트 일정으로 연말까지 공연 준비에 바쁘다. 내년 초부터는 다시 미국 활동이 예정돼 있어 당분간 국내 활동은 어려울 예정이다"고 밝혔다.

Source: http://spn.edaily.co...DirCode=0010201

- - - - - - - -

Interesting... Mnet is replacing M!Countdown with MAMA 2010 specials for the next 3 weeks (Nov 18, Nov 25, Dec 2).

WG is slated to be one of the special performances for the Nov 25 episode. Hyori, 2PM, 2NE1 & the 'Superstar K' contestants are also mentioned. Will it be a live show?

'엠카', 3회 결방..MAMA 특집방송 대체  [OSEN] 2010년 11월 17일(수) 오전 07:48

[OSEN=최나영 기자] 엠넷 '엠카운트다운'이 18일과 25일, 12월 2일까지 3회 동안 정규 발송이 결방되고 특집 방송으로 대체 편성된다.

18일에는 2010 Mnet Asian Music Awards Special 'Since 1999'란 타이틀로 12년 역사를 가진 MAMA의 역대 최고의 명장면, 시청자가 뽑은 최고의 퍼포먼스, 다시 보고 싶은 스타들과 2010 MAMA의 경쟁 부문 분석, 2010 MAMA의 관람 포인트, 보아,비,동방신기,빅뱅 등 역대 MAMA를 빛낸 가수들의 공연 중 베스트 오브 베스트 다시 보기 등을 방송한다.

25일에는 MAMA의 3개 대상 역대 수상자, 2010 MAMA 예상도를 분석해 본다. 이 외에도 '슈퍼스타K' 스페셜 무대와 이효리,2PM,원더걸스,2NE1 등 세간의 화제를 모았던 공연을 보여준다.

12월 2일에는 25일 서울 등촌동 88 체육관에서 공개 녹화로 진행되는 특집 콘서트를 내보내고,  9일부터 정상방송될 예정이다.

한편 2010 MAMA는 오는 28일 중국 마카오 베네치안 리조트에서 열린다.

Source: http://kr.news.yahoo...a4&newssetid=83

Guest shinhdeplol

Sunmi baby tweeted :w00t:

레드불은 그 아 그거 우리 아들 누구꺼~ 아영이꺼' 0' 이 광고! 그 자양강장제에 탄산이 첨가된 맛이에요. 우리나라에는 뜨거운육이 있죠ㅇ_ㅇ??

I received red bull t-shirts and some cookies from yenny. Thank u all. I am a huge fan of red bull. Btw imma quit drinking it hahaha.

Guest chikusho1

Wonder Girls to continue U.S. promotions

Source: http://www.allkpop.com/2010/11/wonder-girls-to-continue-u-s-promotions

With the Wonder Girls leading the global girl group trend, their agency (JYP Entertainment) has revealed that they will continue their overseas activities.

According to their representative, the girls will be holding concerts all over Asia, including Korea, but will officially resume their U.S. activities next year.

He stated, “The Wonder Girls are busy up to the end of the year with ‘MULA‘ and ‘JYP Nation Concert.’ Since their schedule for next year is packed with American activities, it will be difficult to see them in Korea for the time being.”

so many comments there still wanting them to go back to korea and how they wont succeed. i feel such selfish sentiments wont help our girls. disappointing...

musicyulesohucom2010111.png

Source: http://music.yule.so...277700640.shtml

Awesome stage entrances for China Mobile concert; Jay Chou to appear from a ball of fire

Sohu Music 2010-11-17 16:29

On November 27, the China Mobile 2010 星动浙江 concert will be held at Hangzhou's Yellow Dragon Sports Center. China Mobile 'M-Zone' spokesperson Jay Chou will join A-Mei, David Tao, Jane Zhang, WONDERGIRLS & Fei Xiang (Kris Phillips) for the music fest.

On November 13, Jay Chou's solo Hangzhou concert saw amazing choreography, lighting & special effects. Jay's stage entrance was an even greater talking point: his "360-degree floating 3-D image" [also the name of his tour] in a giant transparent pyramid, then whirling & bursting into flames. Fire streaked across the stage to a giant LED sphere, which then opened to reveal Jay. Coincidentally, the show director for the China Mobile concert is the same: 'Cannonball' Zhong Zuohong. He said: "If this is not enjoyable enough, wait for November 27. Jay will make a more dazzling, more 'cool' entrance."

Jay's entrance is already so gimmicky, what about for the other performers? Show opener A-Mei will become an 'extraterrestrial', grandly appearing from a 'spaceship' & kicking off the concert with her 'Fire' hit. David Tao will fly over the audience in a giant dragon crane; feel free to wave to him. Fei Xiang is even more literal with 'flying': he will sing 'I Want to Fly' in a cherry pickup from 15 meters up. The director team has discussed this special segment with Fei Xiang, who breezily reassured them that he has no fear of heights.

Jane Zhang & WONDERGIRLS will go for 'magic' tools of the trade. Jane Zhang is playing the magic card: multiple high-tech projections of her as she makes her entrance, leaving the audience guessing which is for real. WONDERGIRLS is opting for the 'fantasy' route: crystal ball(s) glittering overhead as they appear. As their set reaches a climax, the crystal ball(s) will move & rotate in time with the music tempo.

Guest uchix_francois

:wub:

wonderfuls caps, fancams and news... thank you so much guys...

as for the akp news -_-

Dream high, for dreams can come true... (quoting : Min Sun-ye, MTV WG Season 1)

Wonderfuls, lets dream for our Worldstar !

Guest valentino_rossi46

Ye EUn and Yubin tweet

WGyenny Yenny Park

수능대박!!! 모든 수험생분들 화이팅!!!

WGyubin Yubin Kim

드디어 내일입니까? 수험생 여러분 준비되셨습니까? 지금까지 열심히 준비하신만큼 좋은 결과있길 바랍니다~ 모두 화이팅!!

According to GG translate, Both of them sent their cheer to students who will take SAT tomorrow

Because we cant send Red Bull to Mimi, we should spam her twitter with a lot of cheering message, Mimi, u can do it !!!

Red Bull T-shirt that Ye Eun gave Sun Mi is from Thai WFs right ?

Guest Wonderdongbangbang2PM

It was recently announced that Mnet’s ‘M! Countdown’ episodes will be cancelled for November 18th, 25th and December 12th, and will be replaced by three of Mnet’s special broadcasts.

For November 18th, Mnet will be airing a special episode titled ‘2010 Mnet Asian Music Awards Special ‘Since 1999′‘. Viewers get to relive the best of the MAMAs, and see the debut of a new corner – ‘Best of Best‘ – which will show past performances from top names like BoA, TVXQ, Rain, and Big Bang. The episode is also set to reveal an analysis of who could win awards for this year’s MAMA.

On November 25th, MAMA will be running an analysis on who will win the 3 Daesangs for this year’s MAMA. The episode will also showcase special performances by Lee Hyori, 2PM, Wonder Girls, 2NE1 and the ‘Superstar K’ contestants.

On December 2nd, Mnet will be airing a special concert recording that will be held at Seoul’s Olympic Stadium on November 25th. ‘M! Countdown’ will resume a normal broadcast schedule from December 9th onwards.

Remember, the ‘2010 MAMA‘ will be streamed live on allkpop from Macau on November 28th, so be sure to tune in!

Source: Osen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for K-Wonderfuls but let's all root for Wonder Girls next advancements in the US.

The scenario that is still developing was explained with good anticipation by qoxie (about a year ago?), to take the US means spending time and proceeding step by step. Eating humble pie in the beginning, securing connections, getting recognized until the industry is ready to bet (and invest big money, I guess) on them.

I see 2010 as a year of progress in the US and of success in Asia (and I guess a good profits year too, which is never bad).

So far in 2010 the girls have:

- secured new sponsors in the big firms (Sony Ericsson, Kia)

- been active in many countries of Asia (for the relatively new ones the tactic looks like open meetups / short concerts in the beginning to get the feel of the public, and long concerts to follow up)

- visited China enough that it appears as a new objective

- launched a new single in three languages

- did their own US tour. Small venues, but 20 different dates headlining across the US and Canada is to me like planting their flag in North America

- multiplied their U.S. fashion connections

- added a new kind of connection: information / marketing gurus (PivotCon, MipCom, and others)

- improved their English, grew into consummate professionals onstage, demonstrated strength and determination, and built up from 2009 difficult beginnings.

- let's not forget they briefly went in Europe too (*spazzes*) to represent the Korean entertainment industry

- last but not least, this was a year of hardships too.

In the same year they did all the possible to not lose contact with K-Wonderfuls.

They went to Korean TV shows, did appear in music programs, met K-Wonderfuls (EXR this spring), perform in the Dream Concert, and recorded 10 MIWG + 5 WG Season 4 episodes.

Now there's Mama 2010 + JYP Nation, which is a full fledged concert in Korea.

Given the scarce time available, they are doing a lot for home fans. Greedy for worldwide expansion, yet keeping a strong bond with home.

Some could think that the US / China effort is a loss and will be happier to have the girls home performing the usual entertainment routines as the others. Understandable but it considers just part of their effort. Cause the girls miss and are not abandoning their home fans, and they've not wasted their time and effort overseas. Such hard work deserves to be taken further.

Long rant, sorry^^

Archived