Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

@r1988

oh really? I always thought they were talking about the US album thats gonna be released. my memories are alil skewered...but when i read the interview again, Lim didnt specify which album its gonna be. but since she said they were going to work in the US for the album, I assumed its the US album.

v

v definitely need clarification or everyone could be spreading wrong info causing confusion

Sunye confirmed their Korean comeback through a Taiwanese radio show that she appeared in with other girls and with 2PM during their visit to Taiwan as I remember in the video which btw u can find it in youtube one of wonderfuls called and asked them when they will have a Korean comeback ? then sunye said that rite now they are working in their korean album and they will release their new Korean album in January so I think they will release their US album by the second half of next year

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunye confirmed their Korean comeback through a Taiwanese radio show that she appeared in with other girls and with 2PM during their visit to Taiwan as I remember in the video which btw u can find it in youtube one of wonderfuls called and asked them when they will have a Korean comeback ? then sunye said that rite now they are working in their korean album and  they will release their new Korean album in January  so I think they will release their US album by the second half of next year

I summarized that radio interview, which was subsequently shared around the Net.

According to the Mandarin translator, Sunye said WG was preparing their album & will return to Korea early next year for activities.

That said, I don't think there is a second LP album in the works.

Meanwhile, I expect the January 2011 album to get a worldwide release, ala the 2DT EP.

How WG promotes it in the different markets remains to be seen, but postponing American activities to the 2nd half of 2011 (i.e. 2 years since the Jobros tour) is pretty much career suicide.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Chikusho -- Mark PD allows only confirmed friends to view the rest of his stuff.

He will get around to updating his friends list, so don't be discouraged at the lack of immediate response.

Just got back from G.Na's fanmeet, which was a tremendous success. (Wow, I didn't know she is that popular in SG.)

Woot, she's 'damn chio' (good-looking, in SG slang), with powerhouse vocals to match.

Her face is surprisingly small (more petite than Sunye's) &, coupled with her ample bosom (the most eminent since, who? Hyori's?), she reminds me of an buxomy anime character :lol:

Heard she gave a shoutout to Oh-Sonyeo (5 Girls) during the afternoon press conference, when asked about forming a girlgroup again. Kwave Community (korea.com.sg) said they will upload the entire video.

Also awaiting to see how much the SG media associates her with Yoobin & JYPE.

Guest songbird86

I was just looking on the LIFE magazine site and decided to type in Wonder Girls and it came up with pictures of the Vivienne Tam Fashion Week show that I've never seen

fw2.jpgfw.jpg

Sorry if these have been posted already. I really only saw the Adidas, Jeremy Scott, Alice+Olivia and Anna Sui Fashion Week photos. I also think it's cool that you can find the girls on the Life Magazine site, being that it is a highly respected american institution.

Found some weird (satirist?) WG news out there.

For example, this Korean "report" says WG will release a comeback album on Nov 24 as a 6-member group (with Sunmi).

http://blog.naver.co...No=140114641217

Google Search can't trace it to any legit news source, so it looks like a hoax.

The webpage is encrypted so, to translate it, click 'Select All' (Ctrl+A) then 'Copy' (Ctrl+C) & then manually 'Paste' (Ctrl+V) it to your web translator.

Baidu also has a rumor that WG will perform in Zhengzhou (Henan province in China) on Oct 22, which is the day after the scheduled Korean Grand Prix Eve concert.

(Previously, 2PMalways also posted unverified info that WG is to be part of a second F1 event on Oct 22.)

Checking further, the Zhengzhou event seems to be the '8th China International Shaolin Wushu Festival Opening Ceremony', which is rather odd for a Kpop act to be associated with.

This is too cute. A Hong Kong WF spotted this back cover of a Japanese Manga while strolling in Mongkok.

Doesn't she remind you of HyunA?

95vdx4.jpg

cr: 911hk @ HK Wonderful Club

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Scans of WG magazine covers & articles in Malaysian magazines. Cr: MY Wonderfuls Facebook

HOT magazine (issue 145 - August 21) featured interviews with MTV World Stage artists - Wonder Girls,Katy Perry,Bunkface & Tokio Hotel

96357696.jpg

Interview with WG Part 1 at Hot Magazine (issue 145 - August 21)

65278710.jpg

Interview with WG Part 2 at Hot Magazine (issue 145 - August 21)

84931172.jpg

TV Highlights - MTV World Stage Live in Malaysia(21 August) & MTV Asian Takeaway(Wonder Girls special) 28 August

25833136.jpg

Hot magazine 20 August 2010 Issue

92162958.jpg

Wonder Girls on Galaxie Magazine 1

34438988.jpg

Wonder Girls on Galaxie Magazine 2

12557243.jpg

Red Mag Issue 041 Aug 2010 cover

30497142.jpg

Red Mag Issue 041 Aug 2010 1

26266128.jpg

Red Mag Issue 041 Aug 2010 2

66679397.jpg

Red Mag Issue 041 Aug 2010 3

90068165.jpg

WG GIANT poster in GALAXIE mag 16 sept issue

83477418.jpg

Source: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=244953&id=172731144609&ref=mf

I'll call this the Jeremy Scott effect^^

The girls have been recognized once more, this time on Papermag

The article features the standard 2009 couch picture with Sunmi.

You Go Girls!

10 GIRL GROUPS TO WATCH

BY ALEXIS SWERDLOFF & ELIZABETH THOMPSON

It's good to be young, female and in a band right now. Just ask acts like the Dum Dum Girls, Pearl Harbor, Vivian Girls and Glasser, who provided the soundtrack to many a backyard barbecue this past summer. Here are the next batch of girl groups that are poised to take over the airwaves right about... now.

- omitted sections of other artists, the list is: Warpaint, The Suzan, Theesatisfaction, The Girls at Dawn, The Charlies, Frankie Rose & The Outs, Las Robertas, Sleep Over, Grass Widow -

THE WONDER GIRLS

WHO: A South Korean pop quintet who built a huge fan base, which apparently includes Jeremy Scott, when they toured with the Jo Bros and Justin Bieber this year.

SOUNDS LIKE: Good old-fashioned, sugary bubblegum pop.

CATCH THEM: They'll be debuting their first English language full-length album in January 2011.

LISTEN: "Nobody"

This story was published on Sep. 28, 2010

Source: followg's twitter / as credited

Link: http://www.papermag.com/arts_and_style/2010/09/you-go-girls.php

--

A few lucky French Wonderfuls are going to MIPCOM.

371a77b97ea8ffae894442cfd401ce6a_large.png

Stalking Twitter just a bit I've read that they arranged with the local press to get a couple of press passes. Good work, hopefully they'll be writing a fan account.

Guest chikusho1

lol nice finds you guys. its great they are featured in so many mags and articles. so Jan 2011 is their korean comeback? hmmm was really looking forward to the US tracks they made if there are any. will just have to wait and see. I just thought they delayed their US album long enough. its ok

Thanks ashenlo for the yeeun stuff cause we really need her in this thread.

Gosh her vocals are amazing as always!!

Guest chikusho1

Hmm ok I found this on http://www.papermag.com/arts_and_style/2010/09/you-go-girls.php

It said "CATCH THEM: They'll be debuting their first English language full-length album in January 2011."

Reliable? That link was on WG's facebook page.

Guest i.said.goodbye

I was on twitter and apparently wonder girls were not mentioned in the line up for SG mnet ultimate live. Has it been confirmed that they are not performing??

I was on twitter and apparently wonder girls were not mentioned in the line up for SG mnet ultimate live. Has it been confirmed that they are not performing??

O.O IT'S REVEALED ALREADY??!!

EDIT: OMO, F-YEAH!!!!! But yeah, no WG. :( Maybe they'll reveal it later?

Edit Again: In the link I gave, it says that one more K-Pop group will be added.

I'm guessing it's either WG, 4minute or B2ST.

http://loveshouldgoon.wordpress.com/2010/09/30/the-ultimate-concert-in-sg-in-dec-mnet-ultimate/

K-Pop Fever and Its Asian American Victims

By Tracy Zhang, MochiMag.com

There’s no doubt that Korean pop culture (affectionately called K-pop) has become an international phenomenon. It’s gaining popularity in American pop culture, with enthusiastic fans such as Perez Hilton. For Asian American teens, the luring quality of K-pop runs a little deeper. As Facebook and Twitter feeds run rampant with the latest buzz on SNSD, Big Bang or 2PM, Korean music and all the culture that accompanies it has traveled at lightning speed across the Pacific to influence both Korean and non-Korean American teens alike.

For one, K-pop has helped Korean American teens stay connected with their heritage. Lois Lee, a 17-year-old Korean American from the San Francisco Bay Area, uses K-pop as a way to practice her Korean. Since reading Korean newspapers and novels can be difficult for Asian Americans whose primary language is English, Lois finds it easier to practice by listening to K-pop and watching television interviews of her favorite stars.

“On TV shows, K-pop stars do try to aim their language to make it more formal (no slang) and easy to understand. So I pick up a few words here and there. It’s easier to form sentences when you listen to a language for longer [duration], and what better way to do that than to have fun with TV shows and songs?” said Lee.

The global interaction of K-pop has also become a way for Korean Americans to relate to Koreans from the “motherland” halfway across the world. Last year, when the news broke about K-pop boy band 2PM’s loss of their lead singer, Asian American heartthrob Jay Park, girls in America and Korea alike mourned together through online forums and discussion groups.

Watching stars both on and off the stage through YouTube videos has also helped Korean American girls keep up with the latest fashion trends in Korea, be it thick winged eyeliner or the latest twist on fake glasses. This continued connection, something that is not so readily found with many other first-generation immigrants and their native countries, helps explain the fierce loyalty that many Korean American teens express to their native Korea.

What sets K-pop apart from the rest is the fact that it is able to attract a substantial non-Korean following as well. For 17-year-old Chinese American Lucia Lin, who is also from the Bay Area, K-pop was an introduction to Korean culture.

“Ever since I’ve been following K-pop, I’ve been watching countless [Korean] dramas, eaten a variety of Korean dishes both at home and in restaurants and really began interacting with many more Korean friends. I’ve even been told that I act Korean,” said Lin, who is planning to visit Korea for the first time with friends next summer.

Lin finds K-pop appealing because it exhibits a combination of singing and dancing that she finds lacking in American performers. As for the language barrier, Lin finds her way around Korean culture with the help of subtitles, translators and Korean-speaking friends. However, Lin does admit that sometimes there are clashes between her Chinese American heritage and her love for Korean culture.

“Ever since I’ve been following K-pop, I’ve become more disappointed in my own nationality, especially since China has no reputation whatsoever in the entertainment industry,” she said.

wondergirls1.jpg

Courtesy Emily Yi [picture credit]

For other non-Korean teens who follow K-pop, the culture clash is less of an issue. Richard Yu, also age 17 and living in the Bay Area, said “K-pop is somewhat similar to my own culture already. Taeyang’s songs, although in a different language, are not that much different from the raps of Jay Chou.” But he, like Lin, prefers K-pop to American music, as he feels that each Korean pop song and group is unique.

K-pop’s influence on both Asian American teens is not without its faults. The Korean entertainment industry’s focus on beauty and appearance has made teens, such as Lin, more focused on appearance and fashion, and the prevalence of plastic surgery among the model-like pop idols has conditioned many teens to think that beauty requires plastic surgery.

Lee said, “People doubt that [celebrities] haven’t had anything done, because all stars have had ‘touch-ups’ in some places.” There are, however, some groups that are breaking that stigma. During a televised interview with female pop groups this July, 4Minute’s Hyun-a claimed that none of them had ever gotten cosmetic surgery. On the flip side, LPG (during the same interview) claimed to have 27 procedures done between the five girls. Oddly enough, 4Minute seemed to receive more negative feedback, with the show’s host joking about how plain they all looked without any makeup.

Despite the materialism of the Korean entertainment industry, K-pop’s influence still produces a positive influence on teens. For one, most Korean music has clean lyrics and positive messages—you are far less likely to find songs about partying, drinking or hookups. Both Lee and Lin agree that from an American teenager’s standpoint, Korean music videos and on-stage performances feature cleaner dance moves and less revealing clothing. Unlike American pop stars, K-pop stars are constantly promoting their music with frequent live stage TV performances, endorsements and interviews.

As Lee sees it, “because they get bad rep if they do anything inappropriate, they are more careful with what they do and say.” This industry standard for having a clean, more conservative image is in part because of the Korean culture and its stricter censoring, limiting the content of many songs and videos in Korea. Popular singers like Rain (Bi) can have their lyrics censored for having “magic stick” in his lyrics, while in America, artists can have a whole song dedicated to the subject.

As a Chinese American teenager surrounded by K-pop obsesses but not entirely obsessed myself, I’ve been able to witness the passion that so many people have for music from a country across the world. This summer, when the Wonder Girls and 2PM came to San Francisco on tour, thousands of Asian American teens flocked to the concert, some waiting in line for hours just to take pictures with the stars. There are times where I complain that this entire K-pop craze can get annoying, but ultimately I think it is a positive, if unexpected, influence on the Asian American teens around me. That, and the fact that the tunes are just so damn catchy.

Source: http://www.mochimag....comment-page-1/

- - - - - - - - - - -

Remember aachan the Caucasian tutor in Korea?

He bought a bunch of ASTA TV magazines the other day & has been posting the pics onto his blog.

Here are the 'Wonder Style Book' snapshots from the January 2010 (Vol.30) issue.

screenhunter01sep301454.gif

screenhunter02sep301454.gif

screenhunter03sep301455.gif

screenhunter04sep301455.gif

screenhunter05sep301456.gif

screenhunter06sep301456.gif

screenhunter07sep301456.gif

screenhunter08sep301457.gif

screenhunter09sep301457.gif

Source: http://aa-chan.net/b...ry-2010-vol-30/

Wonder Girls to Perform at Gay Club

tiger-heat-header.jpg

The Wonder Girls will be performing a special stage at a gay club in Los Angeles, California tomorrow evening. The performance will be part of the events scheduled for the launching party of artist La Roux, who is known for her popular track, “Bulletproof.”

The club in question is called TigerHeat, and it is known for its LBGT events in Southern California. Its Thursday night events are especially popular within the LBGT community; the fact that the Wonder Girls are to promote themselves at the club’s biggest activity will surely bring in many new fans.

While some fans have been in complete support of the upcoming performance, others have expressed feelings of shock over the girls’ decision to promote at a pro-homosexual event. Such reactions, however, will not be stopping the girls from their promotional activities in the club tomorrow night, beginning at 9:30PM.

For more information, check out TigerHeat’s official website here.

cr: kpoplive.com

Guest i.said.goodbye

^

I'm not surprised if some fans are expressing shock at their decision to perform in a gay club especially if it's korean wonderfuls. I hope they don't get any backlash from Korea because of this. I don't want to make any generalisations but I don't think korea is accepting of homosexuality. I'm sorry if I'm wrong and I don't mean to offend any Koreans :)

Archived