Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest lerajean

congratz girls..!!! such a happy day for all of us..!!

the performance was great as usual...!

the stage was fantastic...

and the fanchants!! hand down~~

and yeah..! we bring the TROLLs out!!unsure.gif...

but duh!..that's their job..to hate..

and my job is to support WG to the fullest...!!

WG! fighting!

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sad to see that every time I come to this thread. I'll see us having to defend ours-self and the girls. It getting so annoying because it like that person know what they are doing. He/she I bet are laughing at us, for keep replying to his/her comments. PLEASE IGNORED IT! It not worth our time. They'll get bored and leave... and the more keep replying the higher chance this thread will get close. -.- sigh!

here a heedragon gif for you

cr.mimincongnamul@youtube

it started around 1:16 by Yenny...Wonderfuls singing along <333//Yenny and Sunye sing their lines,Yubin rap..they just sing some parts.but this is better than nothing,right?I swear Wonderfuls are the cutest.lol..K-Wonderfuls drooling over Wonder Oppas..cutest thing ever.

Oh. my. god they sound wonderful! They seriously need to perform this T.T The girls look so pretty. Also how k-wfs is singing alone...ahh so cutee! Seem like k-wfs isn't as shy anymore. I keep seeing Yoobin & Ye eun standing up to hug them :) Aw! I want a hug too.

ANYWAY LASTLY! CONGRATS TO MY BABIES!!!!!

Haha Ye eun near the end when she was throwing the flowers. Her face when she noticed that part of the bouquet went flying and not the whole thing ^O^ sooo cutee.

Wonder Girls.We waited this for so long.And now here it comes Be My Baby and we have to work for this because our girls worked for this so hard and for us it so easy .If you want to wonder Girls to get triple crown and ahve their special stage which there is a chance that they can perform Me,In..So please it so easy to stream :0

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ed8hkq

Wonder Subbers has released their latest finished product~

KBS Gag Concert - WG cut 11.11.20

Please remember that you would need to be a member to access it. Unless you wish to wait until it is uploaded onto their FB page.

cr: WGSpectacle @ twitter

----

Wonder Girls also tweeted their win at today's Inkigayo along with a celebratory picture.

Thank you "Wonderful" , "Be My Baby" - The Music Trend (SBS 인기가요) Chart #1

PICTURE

cr: WonderGirls @ twitter

I'm so sad to see that every time I come to this thread. I'll see us having to defend ours-self and the girls. It getting so annoying because it like that person know what they are doing. He/she I bet are laughing at us, for keep replying to his/her  comments. PLEASE IGNORED IT! It not worth our time. They'll get bored and leave... and the more keep replying the higher chance this thread will get close. -.- sigh!

I agree. I know we want to defend the girls and ourselves as fans but I am getting slightly disappointed every time I see a reply to this person. I mean, you all know you are falling to the bait, right? By now it just seems like they're waiting for a direct attack by the masses to report this thread. Do we really want this thread to close? :tears: The mod that posted here didn't they say anything but I hope you all know that post counted as a warning... SO PLEASE IGNORE IT.

Just had to say that. Anyway, congrats to our girls. :lol: I lol'ed when Yenny through the flowers. So cute. <3

tumblr_lvbx9eH8Hr1r568gzo1_500.png

Wonder Girls @ Inkigayo ^__^

source: wonder girls twitter screenshot: wondergirlsoul @ tumblr

Congrats to my girls for winning and being as wonderful as they've ever been.And a special shout out to all the WFs who helped us stream like mad people these past few weeks!!! THANK YOU AND LET'S KEEP ON SUPPORTING OUR GIRLS!!!! ONCE AGAIN,OUR HARD WORK PAID OFF!!!

"YO! HERE WE ARE ONCE AGAIN" JYP Style XD

Wonderfuls,i just made a Wonder Girls Directory for all the tumblrs about WG.Let us know if you want to be on the list. -> WonderGirlsDirectory @ Tumblr

Anyway, I did some computations & it turned out 2NE1 did slightly better than WG is doing. Mea culpa on that claim too.

To be transparent about it, here's my rundown of the top-grossing digital aggregates (first 2 weeks of each song) on the GAON Singles Chart.

I focused only on idol singers, i.e. no Superstar K contestants or alumni.

missA, Good-bye Baby - 138,060,568

2NE1, Lonely - 120,047,752

Wonder Girls, Be My Baby - 117,380,054

f(x), Pinocchio (Danger) - 109,775,072

Park Bom, Don't Cry  - 109,679,814

T-ara, Roly-Poly - 109,107,691

Song Ji Eun (Secret), Going Crazy - 108,346,272

2NE1, I Am The Best - 106,145,954

2PM, Hands Up - 105,063,259

I was running a similar study on the Gaon digital downloads chart.

These are my own partial results, adding the scores of week 1 and week 2 on the chart for each song. Please note that I must still check f(x), T-ara, Song Ji Eun, I'll update shorly this post. Edit: updated.

Miss A - Good-bye Baby - 1511763

Wonder Girls - Be My Baby - 1502603

SNSD - The Boys - 1379917

T-ara - Roly Poly - 1219574

2NE1 - I Am The Best - 1221064

2PM - Hands up - 1146388

T-ara - Cry Cry - 907270 **

2NE1 - Lonely - 889436

f(x) - Pinocchio (Danger) - 875060

Park Bom - Don't Cry - 842040

Song Ji-Eun - Going Crazy - 600732 *

(*debuted at #16, possibly mid-week, so I added weeks 2 and 3)

(**mid-week debut. The score on a 14 day run will be higher than the current sum)

This is not a full list, it's a sample indeed. Relative positions are correct, but other song might have better or comparable scores. I wish I had an Excel of the whole 50 weeks of the chart, but it's not the case.

What's interesting is that Be My Baby is a slow decliner 2nd week vs 1st, while Good-bye Baby was a fast decliner. On a 3 week run BMBB has the possibility to place higher.

---

During the congratulatory speech of today I catched Binnie with watery eyes :sweatingbullets::wub:

jghqs.png

Xpqsh.jpg

Yup, the girls feel it when they get an award. :rolleyes:

---

Loved all the pics and fancams of the fan-meeting. The girls do really give a lot to WonderFuls, not just in term of hugs - I love how they appeared to be following / caring about each person that stood in front of them at the table. Lovely. :wub:

Congrats on the win! It was really cute when Yeeun threw the bouquet and only the flowers flew out. 

I feel like this round of promotions really revived the fandom in a lot of ways that 2DT couldn't, which is a great thing tongue.gif

The incredible quality of the album itself turned a lot of Doubters into Believers and the chart success showed that their music is still loved by many sweatingbullets.gif

Congrats to the Wonder Girls and to the Wonderfuls!!!

Seeing them win and Sunye at the verge of crying speaks a lot. They can be really proud of this Come Back. They are really back.

Now I must applaud for choosing "Be my Baby" as title track. It brings along the winter feel and the longing for christmas. It came really right on time. I love it more and more :wub:

So can we make a triple at Inkigayo?! I said I am too old for this kind of competition but started streamin anyway hehe

Guys, i don't know if this has been posted but I didn't know MarkPD was no longer with Mnet! I just found out myself after tweeting him about WG's attendance on MAMA..

He says he's with MBC now. So i guess no MAMA for WG this year? But then again i always thought Mnet was JYPE biased, or maybe that was because MarkPD was there LOL....

Hope he's happy in MBC ^_^

frdet.jpg

Guest vana117724

Wonder Girl's second thread...omg I've been gone for 3 years and before I start I wanna say that no one drove this old fan away at all. I've always been a supporter of the Wondergirls since one month or so before their debut...i saw them through their mtv shows. :]

I'm loving the Wonderworld album so much. I'm extremely satisfied with every single track. They have come by leaps and bounds since the good ole days of Irony to get where they are at now.

I can't express how much I love this album and with this promo period and the album to me is pure perfection...reading all those reviews is amazing and they really express how i feel and it's such a quality cd...if there was a new fan to kpop i would buy this album first to give to them...because it's such a pride and joy for the kpop world to have the wondergirl's wonder world album...dontcha think? wait just kidding i'm not sure if i would buy this album to give to them first because where do you go from here with this album - anything else would be a downgrade (i might get daggers thrown at me but take with lots of grains of salt)... BEG's Big Bang's earlier music and Tablo's music oh and Beast as well are great too...i guess this is an indication of the level of music that the wonder girl's are outputting.

I'm sad that it's coming to an end soon...but I'm happy, extremely proud to be a WONDER GIRLS fan because they hit every note correctly with the Wonder World release.

You can shove statistics and records in my face all day every day...but I will never think that the Wonder Girls are anything less. They are the apex of the kpop mountain for me...(amongst a couple other artists and groups) What the Wondergirls have achieved...I can argue that some of their accomplishments are those that not many others can claim.

My favorite moment of the Wondergirls would be at the 2007 MKMF awards were they won the best female group rookie award. they were up against black pearl, kara and snsd. And they won...I'm not trying to bring any group down but WG were the first and regardless of the fact that they left...for me they left a legacy that's quite epic and grand.

With my sincerest thanks to all the fans that have kept the wondergirls on top and are supporting them. Thank you for all the translations/review posts/ pics/fancams/links etc. I appreciate reading them and watching the clips.

Guest evilishus

^Vana!!!!!You're back :D

I,also,am sad that promotions may be coming to an end soon :( But it's okay!We have promotions in the US and other Asian countries to look forward to :D

Congratulations to the Wonder Girls for their win today!

Keep streaming guys :D

Guest TheArchangel

Leessang’s ‘Asura Balbalta’ had longest 1st place run on Melon charts this year

According to the Korean chart Melon, Leessang‘s “Asura Balbalta” has claimed the honor of being the most popular album to be released this year.

After crunching the numbers from their daily charts, “Asura Balbalta” was found to have placed first a total of 25 times with its title track, “Turned Off the TV…“. Coming in at second place were the Wonder Girls with “Be My Baby” (19 days), followed by a tie between IU‘s “Someday” (18 days) and Park Bom‘s “Don’t Cry” (18 days). In fifth place was G-Dragon and Park Myung Soo‘s entry for ‘Infinity Challenge‘s duet project, “I Cheated” (15 days).

Both JYP Entertainment and YG Entertainment grabbed two spots on the top five, re-confirming their success this year as they head into the final stretch of promotions for 2011.

Source: OSEN via Nate

:wub: :wub: :wub:Congratulation, WONDER GIRLS!! DON'T LET IT DOWN, KEEP STREAMING

Wonderfuls, here is the plan.

Since we can't do much with the bulk order, the ONLY thing we can do now for our girls is to stream.

We are going to stream our head off together at ONE exact same time.

When we all stream together at the same time the counts will be even greater.

WG have a very short time left in Korea so we want to get the as many trophy as possible.

Today at 12:00AM KST which is midnight in Korea, we will start the streaming.

Streaming at midnight in Korea counts the MOST! So let's do this Wonderful

So they just need to be number 1 in Melon for 1 more week to get 1st place? I think that's manageable since the song is still popular. Goodluck to all of us.

Guest HoneysuckleRose

The first what, Vana? lol

Female idol group in Korea? Female idol group to win "best female group"? Uh no. But I guess we are pretending the generation of female "idol" groups before them didn't exist. LOL

Anyways I'm glad not all fan clubs need their favourite group to be the "first" at something to feel they're special, alot of one hit wonders and famous "singles artist" were the first something at one point, and are still holding records from 40 years ago yet fade away in a few years. Not a good thing. Who wants WG to end up like that? Not me. ^_^ Nobody remembers who was 'first' they remember who was the best, and who had the most staying power to make an impact. I can only name the best in rock music, I can't name the "first" to experiment with it (though I do know it's origins).

Substance tends trumps novelty and shows who has the most staying power. You don't want to be that artist whose "only as good as their last hit" that is the direction someone like katy perry and rihanna are going in. While other mega stars with a more quality collection of music can flop, and still be relevant, and simply come back again stronger than ever. (think mariah carey)

Hopefully JYP realizes this, he use to produce group and solo acts with alot of substance, I don't know what happened there, because he himself has alot of substance. :) Hopefully his fixation on making the American economy richer doesn't stop him from caring about the industry that made him who he is today.

So any new schedule news on WG today guys? :)

Guest UncleSam

Yeun

원더걸스는 지금까지 ‘Tell Me’를 몇 번쯤 불렀을까요?

음, 적어도 천 번은 불렀겠죠. 사실 ‘Nobody’를 더 많이 불렀을 수도 있어요. ‘Nobody’ 발표한 후로는 투어할 때 주로 그 곡만 불렀거든요.

원더걸스가 한국에서 오래 자리를 비워뒀으니 불안하지 않았어요?

대중 앞에서 좀 사라져 있는 때도 필요하다고 생각해요. 그래서 미국에 있었던 시간이 더 소중했어요. 공연하고, 연습하고, 녹음하고, 훨씬 규칙적이었거든요.

지금의 예은이 중학교 때의 예은으로 다시 돌아가서 뭔가 말해줄 수 있다면, 뭐라고 말해줄래요?

좀더 열심히 해라.

가창력 때문에 스트레스 받을 땐 어떻게 해요?

저는 제가 잘했던 영상들을 봐요. 내가 해낼 수 있는 거구나, 그런 생각하도록.

이번에 예은이 ‘미인’을 리메이크하고 자작곡도 수록했다고요. 곡들에 대해선 박진영 피디가 뭐라고 코멘트 하던가요?

미인’은 후렴구를 가져온 것 말고는 완전히 다른 노래로 만들었어요. 전체적으로 멜로디가 팝스러워서 대중들이 어떻게 생각할지 모르겠다고 좀 갸우뚱 하셨어요. 제 자작곡은 어쩌면 타이틀 곡보다 더 잘 될지도 모르겠다고 하셨죠. 깜짝 놀랐어요. 원래는 다 뜯어고치라고 하는 분인데.

충분히 열심히 하지 않았나요?

늘 아쉬운 게, 연습생 시절이 없었던 거예요. 준비되지 않은 상태에서 데뷔했다는 생각을 늘 품고 있어요. 어차피 가수 할 거면 일찍부터 좀더 연습해놓으라고 말할래요.

중요하게 생각하는 가치가 뭐예요? 사랑, 우정, 커리어, 가족….

음, 중요한 건 많은데. 사랑은 확실히 아닌 것 같아요.

왜요? 누가 예은을 그렇게 만든 거예요?

박진영 피디님이(웃음). 사실 저희 엄마도 늘 하신 말씀이 ‘너는 1번도 너, 2번도 너, 3번도 너’라고. 좋아하는 사람이 생기면 뭐가 됐든 희생을 해야 하잖아요. 전 그럴만한 인물이 아니라고….

일로 성공하는 여자의 특징을 갖춘 것 같은데요?

좀 그래요. 그래서 걱정도 돼요. 좋은 남자를 만나긴 만나야 할 텐데.

박진영 피디님이 좀 도와줘야죠.

사실 이번 앨범 이후로는 연애를 해도 된다고 저희를 풀어줬어요.

이번 앨범 활동 마치고요?

아, 그 시점을 좀 애매하게 말했어요! 저한테는 ‘이번 앨범 성공하면’이라고 말했는데 선예한테는 ‘컴백하자마자’라고 했대요. 뭔가 불분명해…. 그런데 봉인이 됐을 때는 ‘그래 난 그것 때문에 남자가 없는 거다’라고 합리화했는데 막상 봉인해제 되고 나니까 기댈 핑계가 없어요.

아직 늦지 않았잖아요, 스물 셋이면. 며칠 전 공개된 원더걸스 티저 영상은 파워풀하고 약간 섹시한 느낌이 나던데요. 여자로 성숙한 모습을 보여주고 싶었나요?안무를 좀 요염하게 해봤는데, 저희가 그 필이 너무 안 나는 거예요. 안무가 선생님이 제발 연애 좀 하라고 했어요. 박진영 피디님도 이번 앨범을 준비하면서 우리가 경험을 통해 느끼고 성장해야 하는구나 싶었는지, 그런 거죠. ‘얘들아, 이젠 좀 해라’.

요즘 걸그룹들은 나이와 상관없이 대부분 섹시한 요소로 어필하려는 부분이 있어요. 원더걸스는 그렇게 가고 싶다는 생각 안 해봤어요?

타이틀 곡 ‘Be My Baby’를 들어보면 사실 남자들에게 어필하는 곡이거든요. 가사도 ‘너만 보면 미치겠다, 내 사랑이 돼줘’ 이런 거고. 하지만 걸그룹은 여자들에게도 롤모델 역할을 할 수 있다고 생각해요. 단지 예뻐서만이 아니라, 가치관이나 행동에 있어서요.

올해 크리스마스엔 뭐 할 거예요?<

아직 스케줄이 안 잡혔어요.

아무 스케줄도 안 잡힌다면?

일단 교회 갔다 오고(웃음). 멤버들끼리 파티하면 좋을 것 같은데 저희가 2년 동안 크리스마스를 같이 보냈거든요. 그러니까 올해는 각자 알아서 보내고 싶어 하지 않을까.

그때까지 남자 친구를 만들기엔 시간이 좀 촉박한가요?

그렇죠.

봉인해제가 여름쯤에만 됐어도….

맞아요. 여름쯤에만 됐어도 지금쯤….

How many times did WG sing “Tell Me?”

Um at least thousand times. In fact we may have sung “Nobody” more. After the releasing “Nobody,” we sang this song mainly when we were on the road.

WG has been gone for a while from Korea, didn’t you get nervous?

There shall be a time for non-exposure from the public eyes. So it is more meaningful to be in the States. The schedule was really conformed. We perform, practice, and record.

What will you say to you if you can go back in time of the junior high Yeun?

More passion

When you are stressed for your singing ability, what do you do?

I view the clips which I did well. So that I can tell myself “you can do it.”

Didn’t you do passionately enough?

I always felt sorry for myself that I didn’t have the trainee days. I, time to time, think I debuted without the preparation. If it is inevitable to be a singer anyhow, I want to say to myself to practice more.

In this album, I heard you wrote a song and remade “Me, In,” Yeun. How did JYP evaluate those them?

For “Me, In,” I made completely different except using a part as the refrain. The melody of the song became rather too “Pop” so he was not sure that the public would like it. For my own song, he said it may do better that the title song. I was a bit surprised because he tells me to change everything most of times.

What is the priority value for you? Love, friendship, career, family….

Umm, many things are important. I know “love” is not the priority.

Why? Who made Yeun in this way?

JYP…(laugh). My mom said like this. ‘You think you first, you second, you third.’ If you love someone, you shall, in some way, make sacrifice. You are not such a person. …’

Seems like the condition of a successful career woman?

Ya, it also somewhat worries me. I know I shall meet a good man.

JYP shall help you.

JYP lifted the ban of dating from this album and released us.

After the album promotion?

Well at the time he was ambiguous. To me, he said “if this album does well,” but to Sunye, he said “right after the comeback.” Something is not right… When dating was banned, I can rationalize myself that I have no boyfriend because of the banning but after the lift of dating ban, I cannot make an excuse.

Not late. You are only 23. Few days ago, I saw the sexy and powerful WG in the released teaser. Did you want to show your mature side as woman?

We had dance practice. We had to dance sexy and alluring but could not make them sexy. The chroreographer begged us to date. JYP may also feel the same thing that we should experience and grow. That was it, saying “now or never.”

Recently regardless of age girl groups are trying to appeal with sexiness. Did WG think about going in that route?

Title track, ‘Be My Baby’ is a song about appealing to male. The lyric said “ your glimpse make me crazy. Be my baby.” However I think girl group can be a role model. Not only because of their beauties, the value and the attitude can be presented.

What are you going to do in this Christmas?

No schedule.

If still no schedule, what are you going to do?

First we will go to the church(laugh) Maybe we can have party with the members but we spent 2 Christmases with members. I wonder each may want to have their own Christmas.

There is not enough time getting steady, isn’t it?

I think so.

If and only if the lift of dating ban was in the summer, then…

Right. If it was this summer, now I would.

This article belongs to Vogue.com

The translation is solely for WG fans no other use.

The interview header

Sunye's part

Herim's Part

Sohee's part

Yubin's part

Thank you for translating all that for us UncleSam.

I actually shelled out the bucks for the special "Wonder World" boxed album and I haven't bought a CD since 2001! However, it's really beautiful, and I'm just happy to have the girls back, singing new songs and caring about the fans :)

@Vana: If you're referring to what I think you're referring to then I guess you can count WG as the first girl group to win best new female (in so many years), because there were only two female group winners in the past, which were Chakra in 2000 and Big Mama in 2002, which means there was a 5 year gap between their win and WG's win. I think that's due to the format change. I'm not 100% sure but thats what it looks like. It seems like male and female groups were counted in the same category, unless they skipped two years of giving out awards to the new female groups, so if I'm correct, WG are the first female group to win in the new female group category. 

I'm really happy to hear that Wonder Girls are doing well on the charts. :D 

tumblr_lvbyasCywz1qd5gvh.jpg

tumblr_lvby96ZU0O1qd5gvh.jpg

tumblr_lvcboaLnyp1r1w3nno1_500.jpg

source: wonder girls' facebook

tumblr_lvc4xdxWRd1qbaabno1_r1_500.gif

!Thank you Wonderful, JYPers, everyone, thank you so much. This prize is so big for us, thanks for your love. We will always try for show you guys our good songs. Finally, all of our girls’ parents, thank you so much. And I love you grandma. Thank you, Wonderful.”

111127, first Inkigayo mutizen for BMBB [☆]

Credit: f***yeahsunye@tumblr

Guest TheArchangel

I'm gonna concentrate on the melon now. Just wanna ask, was the Nov 27 daily chart included in that 19 in a row number row daily?

Anyway, at 9am KST. BMBB is number one with T-ara close behind.

Archived