Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest m y s t i q u e

Thank you UncleSam and r1988 and seafood for posting up translations and pics of the fansigning.

I really appreciate you guys for taking the time to share these goodies with us.

Thank you all the contributors of this thread as well! I enjoying logging on to this

thread and reading all the insights fans have towards the wondergirls.

I really enjoy reading interviews with the wondergirls.

It kinda sucks that there's always questions about others

when it comes to the wondergirls but they answer those

questions with sincerity and humility.

I'm happy that we got to hear how Sohee feels about being

called the quote on quote worst singer out there, how Sunye

had to answer questions about a certain producer and their

quote on quote failure in the US. This is what makes the wondergirls

endearing to me. And this is also a reflection on how JYP runs this ship.

Has anyone noticed how singers currently in jyp and those from the past

hold him in such high esteem...like artists who have branched out and left

the company but we still hear reports on how they meet up and that

is why I will never doubt JYP's direction currently with the wondergirls.

I feel like JYP is really thinking about the girls and not thrusting them in

places that they aren't willing to go.

As much as I want to hear new songs performed...i'm going to wait it out.

the girls are already doing so much with this promo as compared to the promo

period of 2DT. It's sortof great that these wondergirls being gone for so long,

have been able to shake-up the competition and have the media constantly talk

about them and compare them to others. And with that being said, I really do hope

the media stops perpetuating this constant stream of competition. But whatever,

with extreme popularity I guess comes extreme dissenters.

I think i'm a fan for life now...while they were gone I was following kpop but whenever there's

news about them I really get excited to read about them. I really hope when they're promoting

in asia...they'll be constantly coming back to korea to do shows and what not.

I'm hopeful BMB will pick up...the wondergirls didn't automatically win with Tell Me. it took them a

good 3 weeks to win but after that they were constantly winning...it would be great to see that happen again.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi rolleyes.gif thank you guys for the trans and pics <3 

and what has happened here in this thread?!! blink.gif

anyway i know this is late but here is a FLAC rip of the Wonder World album if any one wants it rolleyes.gif

it's a 300 MB file BTW phew.gif

Mod edit: download link removed. NO DIRECT LINKING OR SHARING OF COPYRIGHTED MATERIALS.

P.S: if u downloaded it,, hearing it in a regular headphones you will not be able to tell the difference between it and an mp3 .. so~~ wink.gif

and let's continue streaming biggrin.gif

Hi *quoted image* thank you guys for the trans and pics <3

and what has happened here in this thread?!! *quoted image*

anyway i know this is late but here is a FLAC rip of the Wonder World album if any one wants it *quoted image*

it's a 300 MB file BTW *quoted image*

P.S: if u downloaded it,, hearing it in a regular headphones you will not be able to tell the difference between it and an mp3 .. so~~ *quoted image*

and let's continue streaming *quoted image*

I think providing dl link is againt the rules. :sweatingbullets:

Guest tnamphel

As we previously guessed, T-ara has taken the advantages over the Wonder Girls, both digitally and physically (see below). Although Be My Baby‘s first week grossed both higher digital aggregates and downloads than Cry Cry. While it seems that T-ara has definitely overcome the Wonder Girls in the charts (they achieved several unofficial all-kills this week), it seems that Be My Baby will do better than Cry Cry on the long term.

Be My Baby‘s digital aggregate is a tremendous one for its 2nd week in the charts, though it is still lower than Miss A‘s Goodbye Baby‘s 2nd week, which was 56,648,838. Depending on how long will the song manages to rank in the Top 10 of the different charts, it could become one of the biggest success of the year. So far, the Wonder Girl’s digital record is very satisfying, although their album sales seem to be lacking. According to Hanteo, Wonder World sold just over 12,000 copies on its charts so far, while it only ranked 6th last week on the Gaon charts. We will still have to wait a few weeks before Gaon releases its album sales numbers, but do not expect the Wonder Girls to reach a tremendous number of albums sold.

cr. www.hellokpop.com

I believe that Wonder World is one of the best album released this year. I know WG mentioned that their reason for releasing this album is for the wonderfuls and Fans. But the Girls have worked really hard on this album, each song is worthy of being title song...and its just really sad to see that they only sold 12,000 copies in last two weeks.

I know that thier were talks on Chinese Wonderful making a bulk order and KWonderfuls making thier own bulk order...Does anyone have update on both of these?

Guest hrmmmhum

I agree with ignoring :)

I'm not defending his comments, but if there aren't rules being broken explicitly, mods can't do anything.

They have to be fair, too, so let's just wait for it to go overboard.

However, just to clarify, I want to say this:

If anyone has concerns about the thread, please let us know how we can improve :)

Mere name-calling won't do anything, but you can explain it or bring up specific instances.

I don't see anyone else calling it this, but if you do think it is like that, feel free to speak up.

Of course, be polite and Mannerful.

_____

More clarification:

WG can't help it if that producer is brought up in the questions.

They don't bring it up; you can see it was asked if you actually look at the interview.

A lot of major Korean websites brought up this tweet and wrote articles about it.

Even on Radio Star, the hosts brought it up, so Korea does not consider it irrelevant.

Guest HoneysuckleRose

Nothing really amazing about the album to warrant amazing sales, their sales reflect the size of their fan base in Korea honestly. That is normal.

Plus, a good album is one that translates is top notch quality live performances. Thriller for example would have been just a good studio album had MJ not been the performer he was. lol Same goes for gaga's latest album, most of the songs are just 'good' but she is great at lives and knows how to bring her work to life.

Wonder girls sadly after five year still sound like some newbie group live. But I don't think they expect much better in Korea to be honest esp. when it's an idol group. Overall it's just a normal pop album with some catchy songs and generic beats. A few reviews from AKP and seoulbeats and other Kpop bloggers (lol) about the 'quality' isn't exactly the best place to assume the opinion of the general public opinion public. It'd mean more if it was a review from a highly respected source. But overall it's a good pop album like the many others that came out in Korea recently.

Anyhow, JYP clearly doesn't care about pushing WG into America even if it is something they don't want, just look at SunMi. She could have taken her entrance exams, returned to America, and went to college at any time after. But she chooses the middle of their promotions in America? lol I am glad she got out though partially, though I did like her the most in this group, she atleast isn't wasting her youth and has a chance at a good career in the future now.

JYP has been trying to break into the US industry in some form for years now, even before WG debut. The obsession with breaking into America is quite strange, you'd think JYP would want to work on improving their album sales first in their own country, selling 12k in the US while trying to produce music videos, albums, photoshoots and such....and pay all the people that actually put in the work with the album....I mean who pays them? JYP himself? lol

:)

Hum okay anyway,

Does someone find a fancam of The Way You Lie, or Me, In from the fanmeet ? Or a fan account ? I want to know how it was :P

I can't believe the girls are almost done with their promotions. So I think we should focus on the Girls. ;)

Guest hrmmmhum

This hasn't been shared, so:

@n3ssa_chan NESSA

Radio Star WG was 1st on its time slot 10.7% rating

Source: n3ssa_chan @ Twitter

:]

So it's from back when Radio Star with WG aired but I wasn't able to post it at the time ^^

This article in Japanese was also posted pages ago by a Wonderful who wanted to know what it means

HITOMIMS @ Twitter is a Japanese WF =) He/she also speaks English so you can ask her/him for help with these things.

The article:

Wonder Girls、復帰と同時に週間音源チャート1位

シェア

ガールズグループWonder Girlsが、復帰と同時に週間音源チャート1位を獲得した。

13日、オーレミュージックによると、Wonder Girlsの2ndアルバムのタイトル曲『Be my baby』が今月2週目(11月6~12日)の週間チャートで堂々の1位に輝いた。

これで、7日に2ndアルバムを公開したWonder Girlsは、復帰初週で週間音源チャート1位となる喜びを味わった。また、別のアルバム収録曲『girls girls』も10位にランクインする底力を見せつけた。

2位は、Brown Eyed Girlsの4thアルバムのリパッケージアルバムのタイトル曲であり、バラード曲の『クレンジングクリーム』。3位は、『スーパースターK3』の優勝者ウララセッションの『西の空』、4位はウララセッションと最後までバトルを展開したバスカーバスカーの『マッコリでも』。5位は、Tabloの初ソロアルバム収録曲で、BigBangのテヤンがフィーチャリングした『TOMORROW』だった。

提供:

〔KSTAR NEWS&Moneytoday Starnews〕

Wonder Girlsのプロフィール

CR: kstarnews

I don't remember who asked, but here's HITOMIMS' summary:

It talked about comebacks and other concurrent releases (she told me who was second, third, fourth, & fifth but maybe you can figure it out from the article or you can PM if you really want to know. But I don't think it's that important or WG-related)

"the article said; WG got #1 on weekly chart as soon as they made a comeback. According to olleh, "BE MY BABY" from WG's 2nd album is #1 song for 2nd week in Nov."

"also "Girls Girls" is #10. it proves WG's never-changed popularity."

Guest tikamicizia

wow I just found out about that honeysuckle post thingy. I wonder what makes her/him hate WG so much. yes, we haven't made quite a success in US we lost our fans in korea. snsd is more popular than WG. happy? why u have to tell us those things over and over. let us in here, in our small community doing our thing and support WG in peace. we are here to support wg, proud of every little achievements they got. it's so mean when u said it's not a big thing to be proud of. who are you to judge??

U don't have to come here and rubbing salt to our wound, do u feel happy doing that? satisfied?

Guest rainbow_smile

Wonderfuls, someone found out how to stream on Soribada!!

1. Okay, so you go on this website:http://www.soribada.com/#/

2. There is a chart on the left side, find be my baby (currently n3) click on it, a small playlist should appear at the bottom of the page like this:

25f6lpt.png

3. Click on be my baby several times to create a playlist with only be my baby!!

4. Click on the icon NEXT to the heart and the list of songs on the playlist will appear. You can see Be my baby is on twelve times.

20zy5cl.png

5. Then just click play & once all songs are played click the 1st be my baby and it will start again.

FIGHTING!

cr. http://rita86.tumblr.com/

Guest UncleSam

Yubin

실제 성격도 목소리처럼 보이시한가요?

글쎄요. 막 여성스럽진 않아요.

피부는 선탠한 거예요?

아니요, 원래 제 피부에요.

미국에서 활동할 때 유빈이 특히 인기가 많았다구요? 본인이 한국에서보다 미국에서 훨씬 반응이 뜨겁다는 걸 스스로 느꼈겠죠?

음, 여러 나라 돌아다닐 때마다 각각 좋아해주는 스타일이 다르구나 하는 건 느꼈어요. 태국에선 팬들이 예은이한테 친밀함을 많이 느끼는 편이고, 중국에선 선예와 혜림이, 소희는 뭐 어딜 가나 인기 많고, 미국이나 남미에선… 제가 조금….

다이어트는 얼마나 독하게 했나요?

사람들이 다 그 질문 하는데, ‘Nobody’ 할 때 잠깐 살이 좀 쪄서 그 이미지가 강하게 아 있나 봐요. ‘2 Different Tears’ 때부턴 계속 이 정도 체형을 유지했어요.

원더걸스에서 랩을 담당하는데, 노래 실력은 어때요?

아직 많이 부족해요. 그런데 이번 앨범에 제가 노래 부른 게 좀 들어갔어요. 소희와 듀엣도 했고.

스스로 들어줄 만 해요?

글쎄요. 우선 목소리가 특이하니까 좋아해주는 분들이 있긴 해요.

랩을 할 때 목소리가 중저음인데, 실제 말할 때도 아주 낮은 목소리네요. 본인의 보이스 컬러와 원더걸스가 어울린다고 생각하나요?

처음 들어왔을 땐 어울릴까 싶었는데, 막상 해보니까 어울리는 면이 있어요. 서로 닮아가는 면도 있고요.

5명이 닮았다니… 어디가?

음, 물론 서로 개성이 정말 다른 목소리인데 이상하게 조화가 돼요. 저도 신기해요. 각자 편한 음역대가 달라서 화음 맞출 때도 좋고요.

원더걸스 들어오기 전에 유이, 지나 등등과 ‘오소녀’라는 팀 준비하고 있었죠? 유빈은 가수 트레이닝 시절을 다 ‘오소녀’ 준비하면서 다져놓은 거잖아요. 그럼 그땐 어떤 스타일로 연습했나요?

센 힙합 스타일의 랩을 배웠어요. 제 목소리 때문에 그런 요구도 있었고.

래퍼라는 포지션은 그때 정한 거예요?

네. 처음 랩을 해보는 게 어떻겠냐고 추천한 건 아버지예요. 아버지께서 고등학교 때 밴드 좀 하셨거든요.

좋아하는 여자 래퍼는 누구예요?

한국에선 아무래도 윤미래. 사실 저는 록 음악을 많이 들어요. 소프트한 것도 좋고, 센 록도 좋고. 아직 헤비메탈까진 진출 못했네요. 힙합은 미국 가면서부터 중점적으로 듣기 시작했어요. 참, ‘브아걸’의 미료 언니는 저한테 선생님이에요. 트레이닝하던 시절에 언니한테 배웠거든요. 연락 자주 드려야 되는데 잘 못해서 죄송합니다, 미료 언니.

원더걸스 랩 가사 중에 지금 떠오르는, 입에 찰싹 붙는 거 있어요?

섹시한 내 눈은 고소영, 아름다운 내 다리는 좀 하지원.

박진영 피디가 유빈의 몸매도 염두에 두고 ‘So Hot’ 가사를 쓴 걸까요?

그냥 피디님 이상형 생각하고 쓴 것 같아요.

말하는 걸 보니 아주 차분한 성격인가 봐요. 멤버들이 큰언니 보고 성인군자 같다고 하지 않아요?

답답하다 그래요. 제가 좀 우유부단 하거든요. 뭐 먹을 때나 영화 볼 때도 ‘너 하고 싶은 거 해’라고 하니까 ‘제발 언니 하고 싶은 것도 좀 하자’고 할 때도 있고. 특별히 싫어하는 건 없고 좋아하는 게 많은 타입이에요.

쿨한 언니’의 실체는 ‘답답한 언니’ 혹은 ‘마음 열린 언니’였군요.

누가 언니고, 누가 먼저 들어온 멤버고, 그런 아집이 없어요 우리는.

Is your actual character boyish like your voice?

Well, I cannot say I am girly

Did you have tanned yourself?

No, this is my natural color.

You were particularly popular in the States, I heard. Do you feel you are more popular in the States than in Korea?

Umm, I feel the favorite type is different depend on the particular country. In Thailand, people seem to identify themselves with Yeun more. Sunye and Herim in China. Sohee is most popular in any places. In the States or the Latin Nations … I think I am little better.

Did you do a rigorous diet?

Many ask me about the diet. I gained weight when we promoted ‘Nobody’ I think everybody remembers too much of that picture. From the time of 2Dt, I have maintained the same weight.

You contribute as the rapper in WG. How is your singing skill?

Not good enough. By the way, I sang few of songs in this album. Like duet with Sohee.

Do you think your voice OK?

Well, I have a unique voice so I know some people like the voice.

Your rapping voice is on medium low side. Likewise your talking voice is very low. Do you think your voice color goes together with the sound of WG?

When I joined, I was not completely keen about it. But there are some aspects that blend well in the actual performances. And also we are getting assimilated to each other.

5, getting assimilated? Where do you think such?

Umm, of course each voice of the members are really different but overall it does blend together. I cannot explain. The range each has is different so it is convenient to put harmony in the song.

Before joining WG, you were preparing debut as “O-SONYEO” with Yui, G-na and etc. At the time, you were already trained as a performer in that O-Sonyeo period. At the time, what kind of style were you trained?

I learned the strong hip-hop style rap.(not sure the expression I have no idea about rap), and my voice does fit to that style, too.

Did you decide to be a rapper in that time?

Yes, my father was the first to recommend being a rapper. Maybe because My father played in a band when he was in the high school.

Who is your favorite rapper?

In Korea, it shall be “Yun Mirae.” I am actually listening the rock music a lot. Soft as well as hard. I don't go that far like Heavy Metal. After being in the States, I really started to listen to HipHop. Oh by the way, “Miryo of Brown Eyed Girls” was my trainer. Unie(friendly way to call the older sister) taught me in my trainee days. I should give her the call more often. Sorry, Miryo Unie.

What was the most slick rap part in WG songs which you can remember now?

Sexy han ne nun eun Ko Soyoung, Arumdaun ne dari neun Ha JiWon.(My sexy eyes like Ko Soyoung-actress who married to Chang Dong Geon-, My beautiful leg is like Ha Jiwon-the main actress in “Secret Garden’ if you don’t know them, google)

Did JYP write the song fitted to your physics?

No, I think he just wrote thinking his favorite.

The way you talk is really calm. Do the members tell you that you are like a learned gentleman?

No, they rather get frustrated. I am sort of indecisive. For food or movie, I happen to say always “do whatever you want.” The members say “let’s do something you actually want, please.” I like many things. I do not dislike anything particular.

Cool Sister is the “indecisive Unie” or I can say “open minded unie.”

Our relationship cannot be framed with age or seniority. We do not think in that way.

The article belongs to Vogue.com.

This is solely for the WG fans not any other use.

Now only Yeun.....

The girls looked amazing during the fan meet!!

and can I just say I wanna squish sohee? seriously, 10 years from now, when everybody is on their 30's Sohee will love her cheeks because it keep her looking young....

Yebin with KILL HEELS ♥

Sunye and Lim are also sooooo pretty.

I really like their offstage fashion!! Simple, Chic and Classy!!

HELLO WONDERFULS! ♥

Guest happy go lucky

- Once again, this thread is open for anyone to read and post.  Any posts positive or 'negative' is fine with me as long as it is objective with sound facts.

Completely agree with this, however it works both ways. No need to attack each other just because of difference of opinion.

Posts with various views are very welcome, but try not to insinuate anything... like telling people they are conforming to a cult. Of course that is going to cause a stir. Argue your point, but leave each other alone.

WG's BMB has spent a total of 19 days @ #1 on MelOn & it is this week's #1 (#1 for 3 consecutive weeks) It's the 2nd song w/ most #1's on the daily chart this year, 1st is Leessang's Turned Off The TV

Here's the source in korean : Nate

Good job Wonder Girls, Wonderfuls and the others :wub:

Guest alwaysawonderful

Don't feed the troll guys!

I think it's absolutely hilarious how much time she has on her hands to constantly stalk this thread and write terribly written essays lol. Like seriously, if you have SUCH a problem with WG and Wonderfuls, why even bother coming back to this thread every day and read every single posts and type up so much negativity? Please take a look at yourself.  I don't even bother reading her posts anymore - I just skim through that load of crap ^_^ Why not just spend time in that other thread? It's pretty apparent which group she's a fan of, yet she's claiming she was a potential fan and we fans scared her off. Oh how irrational. It's not our fault we are being a tad bit defensive this time around. Wonderfuls are indeed mannerfuls and we are one of the most calm and laidback fanclubs in kpop. We have been taking crap from so many nonfans in the last 3 years or so and they expect us to take it sitting down? No I don't think so. And if that person isn't aware or just completely ignorant, a certain other thread in this section is actually more cult-like. We Wonderfuls at least complain about what we don't like. For example, most of us voiced our disappointment with Be My Baby being the single when the first teaser with Me, In was so much more edgy. Most of us also admitted that we weren't too fond of 2DT. A certain other fanclub forces themselves to like every single song, no matter how bad it is and can't admit when shorts are too short, even when butt cheeks are being shown. Are you that threatened, troll? Shoo fly, don't bother us! ^_^

Ignore the troll and it will go away! :)

Anyway, I think Wonder World is one of the best albums of the year (along with Fiction and Fact ^^). I don't understand why JYP released and english version of BMB. I actually think Stop would do well in America.

-Also, I do and all of us Wonderfuls appreciate objective criticism, but sometimes it's TOO obvious when some created an account solely to attack the Wonder Girls in a way that gets around the rules. They act like they're being objective, but they're not even a fan or close to being a fan. That's just childish and sad. If the moderators can't sense the negativity, then I honestly don't know...

Guest rainbow_smile

I was wondering what Soribada is equilavent to?

I've been streaming Be My Baby on there more than 200 times, so I don't want it to go to a waste.

yo Yo yo I'm loving Wg's STOP!

"Please stop loving me

it seems like it will cool

down soon -

Please stop having interest

in me

Please don't follow me

I might hurt you -

Please leave me alone

Stop thinking about me..."

I've been constantly on the look out

for more reviews on the girl's album and

just wanted to share some more recent reviews

I've found. I love reading these reviews

even if they're not reviewed from like, say

Rolling Stones mag or People.

Actually, that’s a sentiment you could apply to Wonder World as a whole: it’s hard not to like. Especially through works like Be My Baby and Me, in, the album keeps the amiable charm that first endeared Wonder Girls to an entire nation and eventually all over the world. There is still a very intentional sense of imperfection, like the first-generation girl groups used to have; on the flip side, Wonder World is technically refined and audibly rich, making for a quality dance-pop album in its own right.

Most importantly, the album adds a dimension of modernity and trendy chic that Wonder Girls was not able to explore before. The addition of themes not seen before in their music, particularly ending track Nu Shoes, sets up a promising new direction for the group’s career. This should serve as a textbook example of how to formulate a musical group’s image the right way: through music. With a handful of carefully crafted songs, the often exhaustive work of remaking an image is completed instantly and effectively in Wonder World. It’s a very smart step for JYP, and one that restores my faith at least somewhat in Park – and, of course, in the Wonder Girls. This group is again ready for primetime, as if they were never gone. Such are the rewards of a work that is among the best dance albums of the year – period.

Hello Kpop Wonder World Album Review

I have to say that I was really excited about the wonder girl’s comeback because they have been gone for so long trying to break into the American market but that ain’t happening lol.

Sohee’s voice is like wow I remember Sohee having the worst voices in that entire group and people only liked her because she was cute. Now she’s cute and can hold her own, time makes you better and she’s proof.

Black Magic 32 Wonder World Album Review

Oh, Wonder Girls. I was really happy when I heard that they would be taking their act to my homeland, the good old U.S. of A, because getting to see my favorite idols live was really too good to be true. And I was happy for them when they achieved moderate success, but truth be told, I’m most happy now that they’re back in Korea making the wonderful pop music they deserve to be making. I wasn’t really a fan of 2 Different Tears, but now that I’ve listened to this album several times through, I’m happy to report that it was only a momentary misstep. With this great collection of club bangers, R&B ballads and catchy pop numbers, this much is clear as far as Wonder Girls are concerned: they’re back.

Where to start with Me, in? Well, let me say straight out that I think this song is perfect, so if you don’t like it you can skip this next paragraph because I can pretty much guarantee you’ll disagree with everything I’m about to say. In fact, instead of waxing poetic about all of the things I love about this song, why don’t I just go ahead and list them?

In no particular order:

1. Sunye’s awesome a cappella lead-in. I mean, hello. She’s the best singer in the group (again, arguable) and that mini cooper is brilliant.

2. Those pulsing, gunmetal gray drumbeats and synths. Chills. Put them up against the big band sound of the guitars and drums and you’ve got pure pop gold.

3. That huge chorus. The perfectly executed vocal attack and the sultry in-between lines are so catchy in a classic rock and roll way, it’s amazing.

4. YUBIN’S. RAP. Oh my God, you guys. I’m a self-professed Yubin fangirl but even non-fans have got to give it up for the amazing swagger and control she exhibits in this verse, possibly the best of everything she’s done with WG.

5. Last but not least, the way the whole song just explodes after the bridge. It really does only get better.

Well, there you have it – five reasons why this song kicks K-Pop richard simmons. Try to beat that, EVERY OTHER GIRL GROUP IN KOREA.

Ask Jeevas Wonder World Album Review

Album opener “G.N.O.” is a thumping dance track with a synth melody that reminds me of “We No Speak Americano,” but slightly less maddening. “Sweet Dreams” is a swooshing disco track; “Girls Girls” puts acoustic guitar and bongos over a hip-hop beat and reminds me of 1990s tracks by Des’ree or India.Arie; “SuperB” is a minimal techno track that sounds like it could have come off one of the Kompakt label’s Total compilations, except for the girls’ mesmerizing vocals.

Burning Ambulance's Wonder World Review

Overall, I can say one thing and one thing only: Wonder Girls and the rest of the JYPE artists prove time and time again that they are not merely “singles-only” artists. What I mean by that is the girls (and everyone else) have songs beyond their title tracks that have the potential to be stand-alone tracks, or other title tracks as well. Whenever I listen to a Wonder Girls/2PM/2AM/miss A/etc. album, I feel like the majority of their tracks are wonderfully composed and have the potential to be something more. I rarely get this same vibe/feeling when I listen to artists of other companies. Big Bang, maybe, but only if we’re referring to the old school. I enjoyed that each of the girls were able to stand out in their respective solo/duet tracks, rocking a style that they feel most comfortable in. That was definitely a treat.

To hear Yeeun is still hard at work on composing stuff of her own is also good to know. The noticeable improvements in the girls’ vocals were also an expected, but still pleasant surprise. The amount of English lyrics in their songs, though also expected, were a nice touch. Once again, the improvement was very much appreciated. It’s always relieving to hear that the girls didn’t exactly waste time while they weren’t featured heavily in the kpop scene spotlight.

KJPOP Wonder World Album Review

I stand by what I said at the beginning -- "Wonder World" is, hands-down, THE best k-pop album of the year. It's an album, the songs make sense together, but the songs were also outstandingly produced, delivered and sung. It has its flaws, no album is 100% perfect and we all have our own preferences, but this is the closest k-pop has gotten to perfection.

If Atomic Kitten were to come back in 2011, "Sweet Dreams" would be their lead single. If S Club 6/7/8 were to come back in 2011, "Sweet Dreams" would be their lead single. If all these European pop groups were to come back in 2011/2012 and this was written by Savan Kotecha or Max Martin or a Swedish production house, they'd ALL be fighting for this song. It's so Euro-pop, from the synths to the bits of "oo whoa whoa" autotune, to the melody, that for a while I was convinced I was listening to Atomic Kitten's "Feels So Good" and that it was 2002 again. But I wasn't, and that's what makes this so brilliant. It's like a more bass-y, fuller-sounding version of something off an Atomic Kitten/Later S Club album, and in case you've forgotten, before I got into kpop I was a British pop fan/critic/slight-expert. Like "Sweet Dreams", if all these European pop groups were to come back this year, they'd all be fighting over "Stop!" as the b-side, or a lesser act will get it for a single, like Play or something. Or No Angels. (are they still alive?) Again, the synths, the structure of the song, and basically everything about it makes it sound SO Euro, not that I'm complaining.

Pop Reviews Now Wonder World Album Review

Other Reviews from my previous "review" post:

Seoul Beats Wonder World Review

AllKpop's review

DRAMAPOP's Review

Mithunonthe Wonder World Review

and Simon and Martina's from Eat Your Kimchee Be My Baby Review

HOLY SMOKES...that took forever to compile!!!

But my advice, Wonderfuls...each time there is negativity from antis or what not...just ignore them and read all the reviews instead!

Every review I've encountered has been positive and it's always fun to read about what others think of the Wondergirls.

Really...i've been catching up on the pages and pages (we're moving so fast :]) and although there are opinions expressed that aren't

really nice I turn to reading these reviews and it makes me cherish the Wonder Girl's Wonder World ALBUM that much more.

Peace and Love.

Archived