Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest HoneysuckleRose

Yoobin's hair looks L.U.S.H.

And that blazer is awesome.

I swear, Wonder World deserves to win a lot of awards. Wonder World actually defined what a real album should really be, a QUALITY over anything else music production. It's an album that showcased WG's untapped potentials and is definitely a turn into a whole new era of music in the KPOP industry.

Lmao.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest big_face

WONDER GIRLS perform ME,IN & DUGO DUGO in today fansign event!! w00t.gifw00t.gif

Sit & wait for the fancam!! :wub: :wub:

Bonus for you RABBIT SOHEE!! :P :P

AfLIk5eCQAIZYZN.jpg

MANDO SOHEE :D :D

AfLKOXtCAAA-HRI.jpg

back again a bit this and that

- This thread is not 'cult-like' at all, in fact this thread is just like any other  threads on Soompi or on any other forums. It is just normal than normal like a normal thread. I am scratching my head to bleed but still don't find it 'cult-like' at all.

- Once again, this thread is open for anyone to read and post.  Any posts positive or 'negative' is fine with me as long as it is objective with sound facts. If you come to troll around with BS, that will only you make look like BS. I honestly don't give a damn to this kind of trolling.  One reply is more than enough if you insist. Remember in the internet people are hiding their true identities and they may think they will never get caught.  In fact people could get caught, if we'd dig deep into it.  However we should never have to come to this stage as this thread is only for people who love kpop to enjoy reading and posting.  Any violations is up to Soompi moderators to investigate and I trust they will take proper actions if needed.

- Let's talk about somehthing else lighter.  Mandu complained about her chubby cheeks causing her worried.  I think Mandu may be the only person who thinks her chubby cheeks is a worry while most people think her chubby cheeks is a trademark or her cuteness.  Silly Mandu.

- Yeeun said she was like a dried-out fish in love relationship.  I dare to say this is a fish most normal guys want to 'eat'.

- Thanks to member Eatsomefood for agreeing with what I said in my previous post(s).

Guest UncleSam

Here goes Sohee's part in Vogue December. Hew......Now Yeun and Yubin.

Sohee

이제 귀여운 이미지보다 좀 다른 이미지로 보여지길 원하나요?

(오래 생각하다가) 귀여운 이미지예요, 저?

귀엽죠. 예쁘고, 몸매도 좋아서 화보 찍고 싶은 모델이고요.

귀여운 이미지라. 싫지 않아요.

표정을 보니 본인이 전혀 귀엽지 않다고 생각하는 눈치인데요?

좀 사나워 보이기도 하고. 예쁜 얼굴은 아닌 것 같아요.

소희가 어느 인터뷰에서 박진영 피디에게 전한 말 중 기억에 남는 게, 제발 레트로만 추구하지 말고 미래로도 나아가자고 했던 거였어요. 진심이 느껴져서 웃었어요.

이번 앨범엔 그런 바람이 좀 반영됐어요. 어떻게 보면 복고 느낌이 조금 보일 수도 있지만, 예전처럼 완전히 복고가 아니에요. 클럽 분위기도 나고.

지금 스무 살이잖아요. 20대 되니까 기분 이상했어요?

몸이 예전 같지 않긴 한데… 나이 앞자리가 바뀌어서 그런 것보다는 워낙 일찍부터 일을 했으니 몸이 좀 상했나 봐요. 체력이 좀 달린다는 것 빼고는 열아홉이나, 스물이나.

어린 게 좋아요, 아니면 좀더 성숙한 여자가 되고 싶어요?

빨리 성숙해지고 싶은 마음 별로 없어요. 어릴 땐 어른인 척 하는 사람들이 많은데 그거 어색하잖아요. 저는 나중에 제 모습을 봤을 때 그게 웃기지 않았으면 좋겠어요.

혹시 지금 말투가 평상시 말투예요? 조곤조곤, 살살, 느릿느릿. 지쳐서 그런가요?

저 지금 힘 안 빠졌어요. 음, 내 말투가 느린가. 흥분하면 목소리 높아지기도 해요.

처음 미국 진출 계획을 들었을 때 기분이 어땠어요? ‘말이 돼?’ 이런 기분이었어요?

네, 그렇죠. ‘미국?’ ‘응?’

원더걸스의 미국 활동을 두고 박진영 피디의 개인적인 욕망이 너무 크게 작용한 거라는 반응도 있어요. 알아요?

흠. 어쩌면 처음엔 그랬을 수도 있겠죠. 하지만 저희 마음이 아예 없었으면 그 시간 동안 진작에 포기했을 거예요.

너무 가혹한 생활이라고 생각하진 않았어요? 그러니까 나이에 비해 너무 프로답게 굴어야 한다는 점에서요. 그냥 한국에서 스케줄 소화하는 것만 해도 벅차잖아요.

너무 어려서 그랬는지, 전 미국에서의 시간이 엄청나다는 생각을 별로 못했어요. 오히려 한국에서 그 많은 가수들 대열에 끼어있다는 사실이 더 커 보였어요. 저희가 데뷔하고 나서 ‘Nobody’까지 쉬지 않고 달렸기 때문에 뒤돌아보니까 더 엄청나게 느껴졌을 지도 몰라요. 휴식 시간은 미국에서 가졌죠.

이제야 모든 게 ‘와, 대단했다’는 생각이 좀 드나요?

네. 내가 어떻게 했지? 어떻게 투어 버스에서 12시간을 보내고, 매일 쉬지 않고 공연했지? 이제와 생각해 보니 우리 진짜 대단했구나 싶어요.

큰 시장도 경험하면서 오히려 휴식까지 겸했다니, 아주 탁월한 시간이었네요.

일반 친구들을 보면요, 저보다 학창 시절에 대한 추억은 많겠지만 다른 기억은 없을 것 같아요. 친구, 공부, 그걸로 끝. 하지만 저는 할 얘기가 많거든요. 난 이 나라에도 가봤고 저 나라에도 가봤어, 누굴 만났고 뭘 배웠어, 나 이것도 먹어봤어, 저것도 실제로 봤어… 오히려 더 가진 게 많아요. 저에겐 즐거운 시간이었어요.

몇 년째 걸그룹 전성시대예요. 그건 원더걸스에게 어떤 영향을 미칠까요?

음. 오히려 좋은 점이 있어요. 만약 걸그룹이 지금처럼 많지 않고 그래서 사람들이 주목해주지도 않았다면, 우리가 컴백을 해도 집중도가 떨어졌을 수 있어요. 지금은 걸그룹이 뭐 하나를 할 때마다 관심 가져주시니까 그 중 하나인 우리도 덕을 보죠.

원더걸스가 컴백하면 걸그룹의 판도가 좀 바뀔 수 있을까요?

헉… 사실 좀 걱정이에요. 어제 음악방송 사전녹화하러 갔다가 소녀시대를 봤어요. 너무 예쁘더라구요. 저는 실제로 소녀시대를 본 적이 몇 번 없거든요. 활동 시기가 겹친적이 없어서요.

아마 소녀시대는 소희를 보면서 너무 예쁘다고 생각했을지도 몰라요. 원래 다른 여자는 나보다 더 가꾸는 것처럼 보이고, 남의 떡이 더 커 보이고, 그렇잖아요.

에, 그런 거겠죠?

그렇게 생각하는 게 맘 편하죠.

그렇긴 하다.

그런데 누가 봤다면 아주 긴장되는 순간이었겠는데요? 지금처럼 걸그룹이 많지 않았을 때 양대산맥 같은 존재들이었잖아요. 그 역사적 만남에 묘한 기운이 감돌았나요?

만약 저희가 계속 한국에만 있었다면, 혹은 한창 ‘Nobody’ 활동할 때 마주쳤다면 조금은 그런 느낌이 났을지도 몰라요. 지금은 뭐, ‘안녕하세요’라고 인사할 수 있는 사람을 만나서 반가웠어요. 요즘엔 모르는 얼굴이 많거든요.

소녀시대와 작업했던 프로듀서 테디 라일리가 얼마전 트위터에 ‘원더걸스는 실패했고, 아무도 관심 갖지 않는다’고 썼다죠? 상처 받았나요?

히히. 아니요.

너는 짖어라?

뭐, 다 똑같죠. 우리 프로듀서들 중에서도 다른 걸그룹 보고 별로라고 생각하는 사람이 있을 테니까. 다 그런 거죠.

개인적인 목표는 뭐예요? 야망 있어요?

푸하하. 야망이라는 단어 너무 웃긴 것 같아.

그렇게 웃겨요? 그 단어가 어떻게 와 닿길래?

하하하. 야망. 야망 찬 아이… 웃겨요. 어때요, 저 야망 있는 아이인 것 같아요?

대개 시큰둥해 보이는데, 속 기분은 어떤지 알 수 없어 보이는 인물이잖아요.

야망이라는 말보다는요, 저는 일적으로든, 남자 만나는 것에 있어서든, 아니면 그냥 제 자신으로서든, 나중에 저를 돌아봤을 때 오그라들고 ‘내가 그때 왜 그랬을까’ 후회할 일을 안 하고 싶어요. 그런 사람으로 컸으면 좋겠어요. 옷도 그렇잖아요. 이 나이에만 입을 수 있는 옷이 있는데, 더 커서 입어도 되는 옷을 지금 굳이 입으면 웃기잖아요.

지금 그렇게 현재를 누리면서 살고 있나요?

네. 다는 못하지만요. 처음에 얘기하신 ‘귀여운 이미지’ 말이에요. 더 나이 들면 귀엽고 싶어도 그런 이미지 가질 수 없는 거잖아요. 어떻게 보면 자꾸 그런 얘기 듣는 게 싫을 수도 있지만, 저는 지금 제가 할 수 있는 것들을 하고 싶어요. 나중에 가서야 ‘아, 그때 그거 해볼걸’ 하지 않도록.

Now you want a rather different image from the cutie image?

(thinking for a while)Cutie is OK, Am I?

Of course, you are cute and pretty. You are in a good proportion so you are a such model to take the pictorial.

Cute image. It is not so bad.

Seeing the facial expression, you don’t think you are cute?

Sometimes I looks angry. I don’t think it’s a pretty face.

Sohee, something I remember in your interview was JYP to move forward and not just obsessed with the retro concept. It gave me a smile because you really meant it.

The desire was reflected in this album. In some aspect, it might have the “retro” but it is not like the full fledged “retro” like before. Somewhat clubby..

Now you are 20. Do you feel different(strange) because you are 20’s?

Physically I felt different… Not because of the change of my age’s second digit, I lose the stamina easily because I started this line of work in really young age. Except less stamina to work, being 20 does not make a difference with 19.

What do you prefer being young or more of a grown up woman?

I don’t desire being grown up fast. There are many people who pretend to be grown up though they are not. It just looks awkward. When I look back later, I don’t want to see myself ridiculous.

Is the way you talk normal? A word by a word, soft, slow. Are you talking in this way because you are exhausted?

I am not out of stamina. Umm Do I talk slow? I become high tone when I get excited.

What did you feel when you first heard about US plan? “For Real!?” Is that what you felt?

Exactly. ‘States? Wow?!!’

For the activities of WG in the States, many think its JYP’s egocentric desire was the start. Do you know this?

Hum.. Possibly, maybe at the start. However, if we didn’t want it, we would have given up after while.

Didn’t you think “this is a vicious life?” What I am saying is that you shall always act professionally in so young age. It was already tough just to work according to the schedule in Korea.

Because I was so young, I did not give much thought. Rather I think we were counted as one of singer groups were the surprising fact. We debuted and ran until “Nobody” without stop. Maybe I felt it was huge because I can look back. We had a resting period in the States.

Now do you think “it was huge?”

Yes, I don’t know how I did it. How did I spend 12 hours in the tour bus and perform every day? Now I look back, what we did was a tremendous thing.

You experienced the big market as well as having the resting period. It shall be the awesome time.

Non celebrity friends would have the many memories of the student life but nothing other than that. Friends, studying. That is the end of it. I have much more. I went this country and that country. I met such, such a person, learned this, and ate that. I saw this and that for real…. I gained much more. I enjoyed those time.

Current few years, girl groups dominated the market. What effect does it have on WG?

Um. It rather has good effects. If not that many girl group is in the market, people might not have pay attention to the girl group activities, therefore same to our comeback. Now media give undivided attention to anything that girl groups do so they did to us, too, for being one of girl groups.

Do you think WG’s comeback change the map of girl groups?

Huk…. Actually I am bit worried. Yesterday. I saw SNSD when we went for the prerecording session for the music program. They were so pretty. I actually haven’t seen them that many times. We weren’t active together.

Probably SNSD see Sohee and think you are so pretty. In fact, other women seems to become prettier more and the bread on your brother’s plate looks bigger. Wasn’t it like that?

Yes, I suppose?

In that way, you can have a peace of mind.

I guess so.

If somebody witnesses the moment, it should have been a tense moment. Before there was not that many girl groups and you guys were like the nemesis like existences. Was it an intense mood at the historic moment?

If we have been in Korea or had met in the time of “Nobody”, it may have been like that little bit. Now we were just glad to greet “hello” to somebody we know. Now there are so many faces we don’t know.

Teddy Riley, who produced SNSD, while ago, tweeted “WG has flopped and nobody would pay attention.” Does it hurt?

He he, NO.

Bark as much as you like?

Anyways, same all same all. Our producers may think the other girl groups are not worth. It’s all like that.

What is your personal goal? Do you have any vision?

Haha, the vision is kind of hilarious.

Is that funny? Why do you think that word funny?

Ha Ha Ha.. Vision. Visionary kid… Funny. What about it. Do you think I am with vision?

You do not get excited easily and you seem indifferent. We cannot perceive what you actually think.

Instead saying about the vision, let me put in this way. I don’t want to be embarrassed and regret anything like“Why did I do that” when I look back later in career, in meeting man or about myself. I want to grow up like such a person. For fashion, too. There are clothes which I can wear now. It would be ridiculous to wear the clothes not necessarily fit to my age.

Are you enjoying the moment right now as you say.

Yes, even though it is not complete. As the cute image you mentioned at the start, that image is only available now and I cannot have it when I get older. Maybe sometimes it would be annoying but I want to do what I can right now. I don’t want to say “I should have done that thing.”

Sorry for the typo and grammars. I really did not have time to go over again. It was very long.

The article belongs to Vogue.come

The translation is solely for WG fans not for any other purpose.

I am not trying be grudging in small thing but few pages ago, I pointed out in some English article the inconsistency in the article about this interview. I search every possible sources about what Sohee said but found none to back it up. I want him to back his article with the original source. I don't want to anybody put the words on somebody's mouth which he or she did not say.

Guest HoneysuckleRose

Wonder Girls remind me of the Kardashian family,  what with advertising of relationships in the media and such, and the constant mentions of Teddy's comment. I mean wow, a small comment made by some dude on twitter who doesn't even have that many followers for one, and is perfectly entitled to his opinion still being 'promoted' months later? lol :lol:

It's strange because most Korean websites and the few 'popular' tabloids never posted anything in their papers or websites about his comment, I guess bringing up Teddy is one of those 'planted' and rehearsed interview questions/answer at this point. It's just odd how a comment that was completely irrelevant in Korea is somehow constantly brought up all of the sudden during their promotion. Just an observation. ^_^ It'd be in their best interest to just drop the topic altogether honestly, they don't want to be known as a group that has to rely on such tactics for attention I'm sure. ;)

I take that as an insult but I guess the moderators do not consider it such.

I  don't buy the packed schedule excuse as the reason the girls performed  Tell Me and Nobody. Do go Do go, Dear Boy , and girls girls don't really  require choreography. It must be another JYP decision so I am not  surprised.

What's so insulting about it?

The word "cult" is used in a variety of ways. Like the "cult of yoga" and the "cult of personal fitness".

It just means a group of people that follow/worship an ideal,person,activity,etc. and share the same general thoughts regarding whatever they are a 'cult' or group for. I'm not the only one who thinks this thread pertains a certain cult-like mentality though clearly.

I would also like to remind you that individuals can have differing  opinions from the group norm and that these types of opinions are not  against the rules. In my personal opinion after going over both posts  numerous times I did not see anything offensive or distasteful about the  Wonder Girls as a whole or individually that required the two posts to  be reported a number of times.

:phew:

How about we get back to the lovely Wonder girls and not make idle threats (that have been reported lomahtw) online. ^_^

I'll pray for those that make such threats and take idol-worship to that point though. That can't be healthy. :(

Guest fashionista.

Remember Wonderfuls, JUST IGNORE 

:lol:

Don't stoop to the level of someone who's trying to provoke us. :)

That can't be healthy.  :(

:lol:

Let's all just spazz ABOUT HOW WONDERFUL OUR WONDER GIRLS ARE..

What's more insulting than being ignored, right?:phew:^_^:D

AND YES!! If you have any FAN CAMS of the fan signing event, please do share :D.

wonder-girls-side-IMG_0648.JPG

Wonder Girls <3

Hi Wonderfuls!

The Wonder Girls at the fansign event, everyone is beautiful but I must say that Yoobin stands out today. What a woman and I am a woman myself hehe

My wish is to hear them perform "Dear Boy" once. That song was on my replay for so many days, the others too but I want to hear Yoobin singing and the song just did to me. :wub:

Can someone share with me the link for Melon streaming? I want to help if there is the slightest possiblity for them to get one award at the GDA's. I know I heard GDA sucks in so many ways but I want to help out if there is a chance.

And I think it is really time for the Wonder Girls to get their own subforum in Soompi. Isn't it overdue already?

Guest big_face

Hi Wonderfuls!

The Wonder Girls at the fansign event, everyone is beautiful but I must say that Yoobin stands out today. What a woman and I am a woman myself hehe

My wish is to hear them perform "Dear Boy" once. That song was on my replay for so many days, the others too but I want to hear Yoobin singing and the song just did to me. :wub:

Can someone share with me the link for Melon streaming? I want to help if there is the slightest possiblity for them to get one award at the GDA's. I know I heard GDA sucks in so many ways but I want to help out if there is a chance.

And I think it is really time for the Wonder Girls to get their own subforum in Soompi. Isn't it overdue already?

WonderFacts WONDER FACTS

[ANNOUNCEMENT] When you stream just stream Be My Baby ONLY! Let's just focus on this one song to get more scores for it. Just Be My Baby

5 minutes ago

MUSIC STREAMING FOR DOSIRAK, BUGS AND MELON!!!

-Go to this page: http://www.ollehmusi...bum_id=80272947

-click this icon ay1tdu.jpg

*you have to listen to all the songs once a day! The music must not be muted. If you’re done streaming quit the player correctly*

-Go this page: http://search.bugs.co.kr/total?q=원더걸스

-click these two icons: 2v9ok5w.jpg

-after that this pop up will appear: 29xf9jq.jpg .Just leave it to play. Do not mute the music!

Music streaming in Bugs is equivalent to 80% to Music Bank! 30% downloading

-Go to this page: http://www.melon.com...albumId=2030418 :wub: :wub:

-click this icon 24xph8z.jpg

-after that this pop up will appear! 2cika2o.jpg Leave the player cuz it will automatically play all the songs. Just don’t ever mute the music when playing them.

-Play all of them at least once a day.

- M-net http://www.mnet.com/chart/TOP100 ---> Click "BE MY BABY"

HERE YOU GO, GIRL!! :w00t:

Guest freakloverxx

the girls are stunning..OMG.. <3333

and i want fancam of me in please...

wonderfuls, dont let anyone stop you from supporting the girls..we have to UNITE against the so-called fans@haters and DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE their presence no matter at youtube,soompi,6theory etc.

anyway..i think this comeback is quiet a success since theres a lot of positive outcomes from it (judging from social network sites)

TWITTER - both Sohee and Binnie has 200 000 + followers

FACEBOOK - 733 908 LIKES

Youtube - 137 783 subscribers, #1 most viewed (this week)-musician,unlike 2DT..BMB has 10million view in 2weeks+

Daum fancafe - from 97 000+ to 99 036 members

Tumblr..- before comeback,,any tumblr posts about the girls usually get less than 50 notes..but after comeback most posts abt the girls have 100+notes and  there's even some posts abt mandoo that reached 1000+ notes

personally i think these changes prove that there are still people who CARE about the girls.they are not forgotten especially by Wonderfuls.

/Sigh it will never stop. When you ignored it than it will go away. :)

here a beautiful gif of Ye eun hoho

tumblr_lv8b6iZoL61qfh546o1_500.gif

Anyway I'm like going around Korean fansite of the girls to see if there any fancam and man this is so hard. T.T I can't even join the fancafe. boo

Have this been post?

Wonder Girls’ Ye Eun says she wants to be in a relationship

Wonder Girls‘ Ye Eun recently confessed that she wants to be in a relationship.

On the latest episode of ‘Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook‘, Ye Eun revealed, “The members of our group are all in their twenties now. Starting from this album, J.Y. Park told us that we could all date if we wished to, so I am seriously thinking about it. But it’s not easy. I feel like a dried out fish and have no knowledge about the whole relationship thing.”

When she was asked about her ideal guy, Ye Eun said, “I would like someone who is domestic and loves children and cooking.”

Source + Image: Nate

cr. allkpop

Some of the comment on there is funny

"So when they are singing "please be my baby", she really means it."

"queen of food want BF who can cooking... nice YeEun!! lol"

"read the title *ah i have a chance*

'I would like someone who is domestic' *damn*"

"Jo In Sung wants to be in a relationship too. hehe."

Oh Park oppa want a boyfriend, I'm sure she been single for so long she must be lonely. Plus now that Sunye is dating she also must be jealous. Oh don't worry Sunye will forever be yours ^O^

oh okay I'll stop here lol

@big_face: The links won't work for me :( except the last one. Are there any other links?

Yeeun so wants to be in a relationship :rolleyes:  Hope she finds someone who will trea her well. Has there been any rumours regarding Yeeun and some celebs? I only heard that she mentioned that Shinee's Onew is her Ideal type. :wub:

That would be one dorky Couple, lol.

Guest soheeWG

Ignore what? :P I didn't even read her comment lol I am just so happy some people are so passionate about WGs that they can't stop paying attention to them.The queens are back and so are the antis. That's awesome :lol: Now I can really feel the impact of their comeback! even people who don't like them can't help but witness the wonder and feel threatened and insecure. It's great B)

"One does not hate as long as one has a low esteem of someone, but only when one esteems him as an equal or a superior." Friedrich Nietzsche and also "Passionate hatred can give meaning and purpose to an empty life." lmao

Let's just ignore her. Indifference is worst than hate.

I really hope the girls will attend the golden disk awards. Can't wait to see a fancam of Me,in.

Guest meldawg

@big_face: The links won't work for me :( except the last one. Are there any other links?

Yeeun so wants to be in a relationship :rolleyes:  Hope she finds someone who will trea her well. Has there been any rumours regarding Yeeun and some celebs? I only heard that she mentioned that Shinee's Onew is her Ideal type. :wub:

That would be one dorky Couple, lol.

this is it....... MUSIC STREAMING FOR DOSIRAK, BUGS AND MELON!!!

-Go to this page: http://www.ollehmusic.com/#/AlbumDetail/f_Album_info.asp?album_id=80272947

-click this icon http://i44.tinypic.com/ay1tdu.jpg

*you have to listen to all the songs once a day! The music must not be muted. If you're done streaming quit the player correctly*

-Go this page: http://search.bugs.co.kr/total?q=원더걸스

-click these two icons: http://i43.tinypic.com/2v9ok5w.jpg

-after that this pop up will appear: http://i40.tinypic.com/29xf9jq.jpg .Just leave it to play. Do not mute the music!

Music streaming in Bugs is equivalent to 80% to Music Bank! 30% downloading

-Go to this page: http://www.melon.com/cds/album/web/albumdetailmain_list.htm?albumId=2030418

-click this icon http://i40.tinypic.com/24xph8z.jpg

-after that this pop up will appear! http://i43.tinypic.com/2cika2o.jpg Leave the player cuz it will automatically play all the songs. Just don't ever mute the music when playing them.

-Play all of them at least once a day.

Melon music streaming is equivalent to 40% addition to Music Bank. 60% being the downloading of the song.

You can't do music streaming in Cyworld and Monkey3. You need an IP Security number for that. In other words, you need to be a Korean citizen to have access to those sites.

Naver, just follow the process with Bugs. But i think you need to install Naver player which i have no idea how to.

Soribada this site is strange~ i'm clueless with this site.

Archived