Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

a bit here and there again

- So far their comeback is doing fine and is really up to most people's expectations.  After all the promotion period is only for 1 month that is a kind of short especially they are not  based in their homeland. 

- Their album is more than most people's expectations and could be the best or one of best albums of the year.  That is quality but entertainment worlds in everywhere are always first ruled by popularity.  3 big things - quality, popularity and sales (quantity), they are interrelated and they rule entertainment worlds.

- I wish there would be more MVs for most of their songs on this album but we all know it is not possible. Many including myself may be disappointed in not having the MV for Me,in (I personally still think they have it made already) but I will still accept it if no more MVs for any of the songs. 

- no doubt their promotional schedules are fully packed and it will be difficult for them to perform the other songs(can't just stand still and sing) on tv or on stage.  Performing tell me and nobody may be easier for them or may also be requested by the audience or the TV programs.

- Sun is in Love and we are happy. Remember Sun is a Wonder Girl but is also a human too.

- Sometimes it is not pleasant to read/hear negative comments but it may be ok for others to express their opinions as long as they are being objective and have sound facts.  However Any trolls, anti comments, irratonal bashing or anything similar should not be tolerated.  If you insist to reply to any of those, once is enough and twice or more will be a waste of your time. We all know the reason why.

- I love the Queens and wonderfuls.  End of rant for now.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest UncleSam

Continuation of the interview in the Vogue December

Herim Part(long interview) I will update Sohee, Yubin and Yeun.

Herim

며칠 전 미투데이에 남긴 글을 보니까 ‘생각이 너무 많다. 오늘은 집에 가서 꼭 일기 써야지’라고 했던데, 그날 밤 일기 썼어요?

못 썼어요, 너무 졸려서. 저는 일기 쓰면서 마음의 정리를 하거든요. 나중에 다시 보면 그때 기억들이 다 나잖아요. 요새 일기를 못써서 정리가 잘 안 돼요.

좋은 습관이네요. 그날 밤엔 무슨 생각이 그렇게 많이 들었어요?

그냥, 제가 원래 좀 생각이 많아요. 아직도 활동하는 데 어색한 부분이 많고.

원더걸스 멤버 된 지 얼마나 됐죠?

2년 다 돼가요. 2009년에 ‘2 Different Tears’ 활동할 때부터.

혜림이 원더걸스 멤버가 된 건 운이 좋아서였을까요?

히히히. 음…

자신은 그때 준비가 돼 있다고 생각했나요?

많이 모자랐죠. 원래는 미스 A의 페이, 지아 언니와 한팀으로 준비 중이었어요. 막 데뷔하려던 차에 원더걸스로 들어온 거예요. 전혀 상상하지 못했던 일이었어요

박진영 피디는 그들 중에서 왜 혜림을 택했을까요?

아직도 모르겠어요. 말 안 해줘요. 그냥 제가 제일 오래 연습했고, 영어가 가능하기 때문 아닐까 해요.

외국에서 오래 살았나요?

어머, 몰랐어요? 아이, 나한테 관심이 없어! 저를 중국인으로 알고 있는 분들이 많은데 부모님 다 한국 분이고, 저도 한국에서 태어나 홍콩에서만 14년 살았어요. 중국어는 JYP 들어와서 배웠고, 홍콩에서는 광둥어와 영어를 썼어요.

요즘 기획사들이 원하는 글로벌 인재네요. 부모님들 반응은 어땠어요?

흐흐. ‘원더걸스라니!’ 하면서 많이 놀라셨지만 마냥 좋아하지 않고 걱정도 하셨어요. 힘들 테니 네가 잘 알아서 판단해라, 하셨죠. 열네 살 때 오디션 보고 한국 왔으니 일기 쓰면서 외로움을 풀었어요.

지난 일기들을 쭉 보면 주로 어떤 얘기들이 많나요?

나는 할 수 있다, 이런 다짐들이 제일 많아요. 일기장의 왼쪽에는 오늘과 최근에 있었던 일, 오른쪽에는 내가 꿈꾸는 것들 리스트를 써요. 그런데 연습생 시절에 썼던 꿈 리스트를 보면 지금 대부분 이뤄져 있어요. 앨범 땡스투에 누구 이름 써보기, 스타벤 한번 타 보기… 솔로곡을 하고 싶다는 바람도 적었는데 이번 앨범에 실었잖아요. 콘서트 할 때 춤 추면서 솔로곡 할 거예요.

마법의 일기장인데요? 꿈 리스트에서 아직 못 이뤄본 건 뭐가 있어요?

예쁜 집 사기. 그리고 진짜 사랑을 만나는 거. <시크릿>이란 책 있죠? 원하는 미래를 상상하면 이뤄진다고 하잖아요. 요즘 들어 리스트가 많이 수정됐어요. 바뀔 수밖에 없죠, 스타벤도 매일 타보니까 그냥 그렇더라. 그리고 이건 되게 창피한 얘긴데요, 나중에 어떤 배우랑 같이 연기하고 싶다… 이런 꿈도 있어요. 로건 레먼이라고 할리우드 배우.<나비효과>에서 애쉬튼 커처 아역으로 나왔던 꼬맹이요?어우! 아시네요? 우와, 사람들은 그 이름 잘 모르던데? 저랑 동갑이에요. 제가 보기엔 그 친구 앞으로 크게 될 거 같아요. 지금 엠마 왓슨이랑 영화 찍고 있대요.

미국에서 볼 기회 없었어요? 브래드 피트와 연기하고 싶다는 바람보단 현실적인데요.

한 번도 못 봤어요. 얼마 전 부산영화제에 와서 장근석 씨랑 인터뷰도 했다지 뭐예요. 그 친구와 나란히 서 있는 여자 배우 얼굴에 막 제 얼굴을 합성해놓고, 그걸 일기장에 붙이고 휴대폰에도 담아놨어요. 보여드릴까요? 아, 저 오늘 말문 터진 것 같아요. 한번은 연습생 동생이 제 휴대폰을 보다가 ‘이게 뭐야? 설마 누나가 했어?’ 하길래 너무 창피해서 ‘아니, 팬이 해줬어’라고 거짓말했어요.

와, 합성을 감쪽같이 잘했네. 이런 건 어떻게 했어요?

제가요, 파워포인트도 잘 다루고 이런 거 잘해요. 원래 중국 진출은 생각해도 미국 진출은 생각 안 했는데, 미국 활동 하면서 얼마 전에 TV 영화도 찍어보니까 또 할리우드에 대한 꿈이 생기지 않겠어요? 그래서 이렇게 영화배우처럼 나오도록 제 얼굴을 합성해 봤어요. 뭐 꿈이 안 이뤄지면 어쩔 수 없지. 하지만 꿀 수는 있는 거니까, 계속 꿀래요.

이런 사람이었구나, 혜림이

큭큭. 멤버들이 저보고 특이하대요. 우리 엄마는 제가 안 특이하다고 하는데… 이것 보세요, 합성 대박이죠? 아, 민망해.

Few days ago, I saw you wrote “Too much thinking. Today, I shall write the diary when I go home. Did you do it?

No, I was too sleepy. I do organize my thinking while I write the diary. I remember things past when I read again. These days I cannot organize my thought because I can’t write my diary.

Good habit. What did you think much about on that day?”

Not in particular, I just like to think a lot. Not only that, still awkward in many things being WG.

How long have you been as a member of WG?

Almost 2 years It was from 2DT promotion in 2009

Do you think you are lucky to be a member of WG?

Hihihi, Um…

Do you think you were prepared at that time?

Not at all. I was preparing for debut with Pei and Jia Unnie of Miss A. Just before the debut, I joined WG. I never expected.

Why did JYP choose Herim from those?

I don’t know yet. He didn’t tell me. Suppose I was the trainee for longest time and I can speak English.

So did you live abroad long time?

Omo, you didn’t know. You had no interest on me! Many think I am Chinese. No, my parents are Koreans and I was born in Korea but lived HK for 14 years. I learned Mandarin after joining JYPE. I used Cantonese and English in HK

You are so-called the favorable talent which can be promoted internationally (they used the word “global”).What was the reaction of your parents?

Hehe, they said ‘for real “Wondergirls”’ surprised as well as they were worried. “It would be difficult so you have to decide for yourself. I took an audition and came to Korea when I was 14. I survived loneliness by writing the diary.

When you read back the diary, what was the most stories about?

“I can do it.” These self encouragement. On the left side of the diary, I write things happen on that day and around that time and on the right side, I list what is my dream. By the way, the things I wrote were almost accomplished. “Writing thanks to "o" on the album jacket, riding the ‘Star Van(an alternative of Limo in Korea),’ …” Doing Solo which I wrote became real on this album. I will sing solo and dance in the concert.

It’s like a magic diary. Are there any other things to be accomplished?

Buying a pretty house. And meeting a real love. Do you know the book “Secret?” It said it will become real if you imagine the dream. Recently the list revised a lot. Inevitably it shall be changed. Because I rode the “StarVan” everyday, the StarVan wasn’t that special. This is, kind of, really embarrassing. I also have this dream that I want co-star with a certain actor. Logan Lerman, the Hollywood actor. He starred as the kid version of Ashton Kutcher in “Butterfly Effect.” Oh, so you know? Wow, people don’t know him that much. I am the same age. I think he will be big. I heard that he is filming with Emma Watson, now.

Didn’t you have a chance to see him? It should be a lot realistic than acting with Brad Pitt.

No, never. It’s a shame to hear that he had an interview recently with Jang GeunSuk while he was here for the Busan International Film Festival. I photoshopped my face on the face of the actress standing beside him, stick it on my diary page. I have the picture on my cellphone. Want to see it? OMG I am talking too much. Once a younger trainee saw my cellphone and asked, “what is this? Did you do this?” I was so embarrassed so I lied “NO, my fan did it for me.”

You photoshopped real good. How did you do it?

I am good in these kind of things like the PowerPoint. I never thought debut in US but only in China. When I became active in the States and filmed recently, my dream about Hollywood has grown, too. So I manipulated the picture to put my face as an actress. It’s a dream, it might not become real so what I can dream and keep on dreaming.

I figured out who you are, Herim.

Keke the members are saying you are uniquely interesting. Nevertheless my mom did not say that unique. Look at this. Wasn’t it done real good? Photoshopped real good, right? Oh I am so blushed…

The article belongs to Vogue.com.

The translation is solely for WG fans not any other use.

Guest m y s t i q u e

Quick question: Does anyone feel it to be offensive that our thread are being called "cult-like." Even if we're crazed "cult-like" fans I don't think moderators would submit to our "cult-like"actions that easily. I find rather offensive to have the Wondergirls thread associated with such adjectives with extremely bad connotations and it's not really cool to assume that moderators would be unjust like that to partake in our "cult like" activities. But that's just my opinion and others are free to express theirs. I'm sure real life cults would be terrorized at the thought of having a korean girl pop group with retro dances and trendy outfits be called as such.

Anywho...I'm extremely happy that the Wondergirls were invited to perform at the Blue Dragon Awards.

I love how they always seem to perform at these shows ever since the tell me days. They received great

reactions from the crowd which is always encouraging.

I wanna see Sohee and Yoobin perform SuperB. What an amazing stage that would be.

Congrats to the girls for their nominations, how awesome would it be if they got the best album award!

Oh and just a reminder....there's no Music Core tonight. But Inkigayo tomorrow.

Quick question: Does anyone feel it to be offensive that our thread are being called "cult-like." Even if we're crazed "cult-like" fans I don't think moderators would submit to our "cult-like"actions that easily. I find rather offensive to have the Wondergirls thread associated with such adjectives with extremely bad connotations and it's not really cool to assume that moderators would be unjust like that to partake in our "cult like" activities. But that's just my opinion and others are free to express theirs. I'm sure real life cults would be terrorized at the thought of having a korean girl pop group with retro dances and trendy outfits be called as such.

Anywho...I'm extremely happy that the Wondergirls were invited to perform at the Blue Dragon Awards.

I love how they always seem to perform at these shows ever since the tell me days. They received great

reactions from the crowd which is always encouraging.

I wanna see Sohee and Yoobin perform SuperB. What an amazing stage that would be.

Congrats to the girls for their nominations, how awesome would it be if they got the best album award!

Oh and just a reminder....there's no Music Core tonight. But Inkigayo tomorrow.

Frankly, not at all, it's just his/her opinion. :lol:

Don't take something too seriously especially when it come from the internet. :P

Anyway, congrats to WG for being nominated for the ’26th Golden Disk Awards'

srvzl.jpg

ss6ecr.jpg

오늘도 잘먹게씁니당<3333

Looks like HoneySuckleRose has accomplished what he/she wanted to do. What bothers me is that the mods know what he/she is doing, but won't take action because he/she is technically still following the rules.

Wonder Girls Mandoo Sohee insecure about her cutest ‘fat cheeks’

BY CERIDWEN – NOVEMBER 25, 2011

Group Wonder Girls member ‘Mandoo Sohee’ mentioned her chubby cheeks as an insecurity of hers. (mando = dumpling)

On the November 25th episode of KBS 2TV’s ‘Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook’, Sohee was asked what her worries were. Sohee answered, “I have fat cheeks. I always worry about it but my cheeks get swollen too often”.

Sohee had Yoo Hee Yeol and the audience members taken aback when she added, “I have fat cheeks already but I feel like when there is a music program, they swell up even more”.

Yoo Hee Yeol shot back right away, “That’s a worry? Look at me. You want to be like me? I don’t know but in my case, I blow air into my cheeks as I talk” pointing out his ‘worries’ about skinny cheeks the opposite of Sohee’s and caused a wave of laughter

On the same episode, Yeun’s confession on dating, referring to herself as a dried fish store girl also drew a lot of attention. (dried fish store girl = a slang referring to someone in a dry spell or is out of touch with the dating world)

Source: Seoul NTN via Nate

BMBB is doing better than i thought on the charts. But crycry is doing a bit better so it's gonna be tough to win the girls some awards. owell

Guest eatsomefood

i agree with lomahtw said.

wonder girls have been away from korea for over 2 years and their popularity has gone down significantly due to snsd & 2ne1's rise.

i mean look at the facts and numbers: snsd & 2ne1 are the reigning groups of korea right now and their fans far outweigh those of the wonder girls.

having said that, i think its pretty awesome that after all these statistics, wonder girls have been competing almost on an equal basis in polls with snsd.

remember, it was stated prior to their comeback that the wonder girls were coming back to korea for the wonderfuls, not for awards and recognition.

i mean look at how shocked and humbled they were when they won that award on mnet - they truly weren't expecting it.

in their back stage footage after the show, sunye was so thankful not because they won the award, but because they still felt they had that level of support after being gone so long.

when it comes to awards, our girls have been there and done that, so if you really want to show your support for them, buy their album.... write wonderful things about it on twitter or w/e social media you're so inclined to..... spread the word about them.

personally, i'm just happy that they're back and that they feel the support we are giving them as wonderfuls.

truly with this comeback, they have shown... no proven... that they are not just your run-of-the-mill pop group... but instead they are artists striving to do better and be better to achieve the ultimate goal, not only for the fans, but for themselves.

i wish them much success and for my fellow wonderfuls to open their eyes and look past all the ratings because in the end they're just numbers but we will always have The Wonder Girls.

Guest WonderfulSohee

Looks like HoneySuckleRose has accomplished what he/she wanted to do. What bothers me is that the mods know what he/she is doing, but won't take action because he/she is technically still following the rules.

Agree.

Let's just focus on WG now 

They Honey can go sucks all the roses :)

Guest eatsomefood

and on a lighter note... lol :)

is it just me or is lim getting prettier and prettier????

i absolutely loooooove that hair style on her!

gahhhhh

Guest leialeigh

and on a lighter note... lol :)

is it just me or is lim getting prettier and prettier????

i absolutely loooooove that hair style on her!

gahhhhh

hehehehe yes i specially think of that at the time lim, yenny and yubin guessed at a gag show hehehe lim pouting is so cute i want to pinch her cheeks so cute hehehe and at the other guesting's too and of courses all WG are pretty as always hehehehe

Guest big_face

Today CHART:

melon 1-

mnet 1↑1

bugs 6↑1

olleh 16↑2

soribada 2-

OMG, OMG, They are currently doing very well w00t.gifw00t.gif THANK YOU, WONDERFULS, YOU GUYS BUST YOUR richard simmons OFF TO DO STREAMING THE MUSIC IN THESE SITES, MAKE THEM UP, WELL DONE!!

See, i told ya IT'S WORK TO STREAM THE PREVIEW ONLY!! :wub: :wub: KEEP GOING!! w00t.gifw00t.gif

WonderFacts WONDER FACTS

[ANNOUNCEMENT] When you stream just stream Be My Baby ONLY! Let's just focus on this one song to get more scores for it. Just Be My Baby

5 minutes ago

MUSIC STREAMING FOR DOSIRAK, BUGS AND MELON!!!

-Go to this page: http://www.ollehmusi...bum_id=80272947

-click this icon

*you have to listen to all the songs once a day! The music must not be muted. If you’re done streaming quit the player correctly*

-Go this page: http://search.bugs.co.kr/total?q=원더걸스

-click these two icons:

-after that this pop up will appear: .Just leave it to play. Do not mute the music!

Music streaming in Bugs is equivalent to 80% to Music Bank! 30% downloading

-Go to this page: http://www.melon.com...albumId=2030418

-click this icon

-after that this pop up will appear! Leave the player cuz it will automatically play all the songs. Just don’t ever mute the music when playing them.

-Play all of them at least once a day.

- M-net http://www.mnet.com/chart/TOP100 ---> Click "BE MY BABY"

I actually like it when they sing their old songs~! ^^ I don't see what's wrong with it. Other artists does the same as well with their most famous hits!

Does anyone have pictures of Wonder World the normal edition? AHSLFHSLKF!! ME WANT TO SEE INSIDE PLEASEEE! THANKIES!

Guest savoir vivre

I am so happy that Wonder Girls are nominated at the Golden Disk awards!!

Album Award >

Presented to the most popular artist based on album sales figures for the year and ratings from judges ]

- 2PM (Hands Up)

- 4minute (4MINUTES Left)

- Leessang (Asura Balbalta)

- Jay Park (Take a Deeper Look)

- Brown Eyed Girls (Sixth Sense)

- Sung Si Kyung (The First)

- Super Junior (Mr. Simple)

- SNSD (The Boys)

- Wonder Girls (Wonder World)

- After School (Virgin)

- Lee Seung Gi (Tonight)

- Jang Gi Ha and the Faces (Jang Gi Ha and the Faces)

- B2ST (Fiction & Fact)

- CNBLUE (First Step)

- F.T. Island (Return)

- f(x) (Pinocchio)

- INFINITE (Over the Top)

- KARA (Step)

- MBLAQ (BLAQ Style)

- miss A (A Class)

——

Digital Album Award >

Presented to the most popular artist based on online (BGM/downloads) and mobile ringback sales figures and statistics]

- 2NE1 (Lonely)

- 2PM (Hands Up)

- 4men (Live at Least Once)

- 4minute (Mirror Mirror)

- Park Bom (Don’t Cry)

- SNSD (The Boys)

- IU (The Story I Didn’t Know)

- Wonder Girls (Be My Baby)

- Lee Seung Gi (Time for Love)

- Wheesung (Heartaching Story)

- B2ST (On Rainy Days)

- CNBLUE (Intuition)

- F.T. Island (Hello Hello)

- f(x) (Pinocchio)

- G.NA (Black & White)

- K.Will (My Heart is Beating)

- MBLAQ (Mona Lisa)

- miss A (Goodbye Baby)

- SECRET (Starlight Moonlight)

- SISTAR (How Dare You)

I swear, Wonder World deserves to win a lot of awards. Wonder World actually defined what a real album should really be, a QUALITY over anything else music production. It's an album that showcased WG's untapped potentials and is definitely a turn into a whole new era of music in the KPOP industry. 

I really really really want Wonder Girls to win...It's been a long time since I saw them walk up on stage and made a speech with their faces filled with happiness, gratitude amazement and humility, and God-knows-how much joy it brings me to see them receive awards for all their hardwork.

I know I'm probably not making any sense here..But my adrenaline is pumping right now... 

I <3 WG! (That I'm sure made sense ^-^)

Anyway, the 26th Golden Disk Awards will be held in Osaka, Japan on January 11th and 12, 2012 at the Kyocera Dome.

Wonderfuls, LET'S DO THIS! 

If the album award is based on album sales than it's practically impossible for WG to win it.

We have a much better shot at the digital award since WG have been toppin melon for 3 weeks in a row and melon holds about 40% of digital sales according to that chart Qoxie posted long ago.

Guest savoir vivre

^Yeah, since JYP seems weak in physical sales, we have a lesser chance,... T^T.

But like you said, we still have a greater chance in the Digital Album Award, so I'm crossing my fingers that our girls would win.

X_X.

And I'm sure the judges are fair enough to know what quality music is, right? :P

I take that as an insult but I guess the moderators do not consider it such.

I don't buy the packed schedule excuse as the reason the girls performed Tell Me and Nobody. Do go Do go, Dear Boy , and girls girls don't really require choreography. It must be another JYP decision so I am not surprised.

Archived