Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

I can't believe KBS cut their Love The Way You Lie performance out of Sketchbook and aired the Tell Me/Nobody performance instead! I hope they're just saving it to air on a different episode...

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T-ara fans did a bulk purchase yesterday and today (7400+). Pretty crazy. I'm honestly surprised they managed to be so organized. Basically don't expect too much from Music Bank next week unless K-Wonderfuls surprise us with a bulk purchase this weekend.

I think you shouldn't hope too much. GDA is all about sales. Quality has never been a criteria. And since WG, came back so late, the probability got more smaller. That's why SM artists keeps winning in it. BoA anyone? BoA's songs weren't even in the Top 20. That was how unpopular it was but it won a disk Bonsang.

I don't know about Seoul Music though.

Yes, BoA won a DISK bonsang, which is about ALBUM sales. I'm not sure about Gaon, but she sold well on Hanteo.

Is it certain they performed "Love the Way You Lie"? Usually there are fancams.

^ Really? Well, that sucks. They could have had a good chance next week. I think the bulk order purchase won't go through this weekend either many seem to have lost interest and tried to ask for a refund or whatever. :(

I was wondering the same about the Love the Way You Lie performance. How credible was this source? Oo The recorded this a week ago I think we would have heard something by then if they performed that.

Wonder Girls’ Sohee talks about her childhood dream of wanting to be a singer + performances on Yoo Hee Yul’s Sketchbook

Wonder Girls member Sohee recently talked about her dreams of becoming a singer as a child.

On the November 25th broadcast of ‘Yoo Hee Yul’s Sketchbook‘, Sohee was asked what she would have done if she never became a singer. She said, “When I was in sixth grade and first had dreams of becoming a singer, that was all I dreamed of since then. I thought that was the only road I could take.”

MC Yoo Hee Yul also asked her, “If your future daughter says she wants to become a singer, will you allow it?” To this Sohee hesitantly stated, “If she really wants it, then I wouldn’t have a choice. However, I would advice her to pursue it when she is 20 years old. I really regret not having the opportunity to be an average teenager. I wish I could have worn more school uniforms and gotten stressed over exams just like everyone else. I will let my daughter decide after she experiences those things.”

"BE MY BABY"

"TELL ME"

"NOBODY"

Interview part 1 & part 2

cr:Allkpop

--

Can i just say how utterly annoyed I am that they keep getting shoved with the freaking medley. Not to be negative or anything but i can see this as a reason as to why new k-pop fans often brand them as one-hit-wonders. They have a freaking full length album out JYPE and yet you choose to dwell on 'Tell Me' and 'Nobody' <_< Although the audience seemed to enjoy the girls' presence judging from the applause. End of rant.

Guest ilovewondergirl

cr:Allkpop

--

Can i just say how utterly annoyed I am that they keep getting shoved with the freaking medley. Not to be negative or anything but i can see this as a reason as to why new k-pop fans often brand them as one-hit-wonders. They have a freaking full length album out JYPE and yet you choose to dwell on 'Tell Me' and 'Nobody'  <_< Although the audience seemed to enjoy the girls' presence judging from the applause. End of rant.

stop compliming richard simmons-h-l

Guest wonderful ♡

In KBS2 Yuhuiyeol sketchbook, WG perform Be My Baby + Tell Me + Nobody and a special stage "Love the way u lie by Rihanna & Eminem" but KBS edit it and cut that special stage performance -.- KWFs are very angry as the performance highlight was Sohee's great voice in delivering the song, other members also as usual delivered the song perfectly ~

Credit: Wonderfuls Cafè @ facebook

---

I think  the reason why they're not performing any of their songs from the new album is because they're lacking of time to practice for new choreography and such. Their schedule is really packed and you can see them being exhausted nowadays in their performances :( Especially Sunye. She sounded really tired in the Blue Dragon Film Awards. Maybe we'll see them perform these songs in their concert next year :D

Guest VenusValentine

i really want to watch "love the way you lie" >.<

Hope there is some fancam of it ^^

anyway, we still have next year concert to hear all the songs in their album ^^ :wub:

Guest i.said.goodbye

^I second that!! Please, if anyone has a fancam of that performance PLEASE share it.. kwonderfuls said that is was an awesome performance!! Why did they cut it? WHY??? I would have much preferred them to cut out the nobody+tell me medley and show us the Love the way u lie performance instead!!

There are some that was dissapointed because WG sang Nobody and Tell Me.

I understand your feelings but you have to remember it was a TV show, so they have to perform (singing + dancing) to appeal.

Like someone says, they have a packed schedule and it's almost impossible for them to have choregraphy for each song of the album. And when they try something new (ie : the way you lie), they didn''t broadcast it. :phew:

The only way to heard some new songs it's via Radio show. They have already sung 4 songs of the album BMBB, Act Cool, Do go Do go, G.N.O. 4 songs it's not that bad.

You have to remember they have to practice and they can't do it for every song of the album. They have to make a choice and focus on a few song.

Nominees announced for the ’26th Golden Disk Awards

The Golden Disk Awards (better known as the Korean equivalent of the Grammys) will soon be entering its 26th year, and organizers have just announced its list of nominees.

Separated into ‘Digital’ and ‘Album’ awards, the Golden Disk is known for selecting winners based on sales figures over the year. For this year’s nominees, the committee considered albums released from January 1st, 2011 to November 30th, 2011.

The 26th Golden Disk Awards will be held in Osaka, Japan on January 11th and 12, 2012 at the Kyocera Dome.

Check out the categories and nominees below:

——

< Album Award >

[ Presented to the most popular artist based on album sales figures for the year and ratings from judges ]

- 2PM (Hands Up)

- 4minute (4MINUTES Left)

- Leessang (Asura Balbalta)

- Jay Park (Take a Deeper Look)

- Brown Eyed Girls (Sixth Sense)

- Sung Si Kyung (The First)

- Super Junior (Mr. Simple)

- SNSD (The Boys)

- Wonder Girls (Wonder World)

- After School (Virgin)

- Lee Seung Gi (Tonight)

- Jang Gi Ha and the Faces (Jang Gi Ha and the Faces)

- B2ST (Fiction & Fact)

- CNBLUE (First Step)

- F.T. Island (Return)

- f(x) (Pinocchio)

- INFINITE (Over the Top)

- KARA (Step)

- MBLAQ (BLAQ Style)

- miss A (A Class)

——

< Digital Album Award >

[ Presented to the most popular artist based on online (BGM/downloads) and mobile ringback sales figures and statistics]

- 2NE1 (Lonely)

- 2PM (Hands Up)

- 4men (Live at Least Once)

- 4minute (Mirror Mirror)

- Park Bom (Don’t Cry)

- SNSD (The Boys)

- IU (The Story I Didn’t Know)

- Wonder Girls (Be My Baby)

- Lee Seung Gi (Time for Love)

- Wheesung (Heartaching Story)

- B2ST (On Rainy Days)

- CNBLUE (Intuition)

- F.T. Island (Hello Hello)

- f(x) (Pinocchio)

- G.NA (Black & White)

- K.Will (My Heart is Beating)

- MBLAQ (Mona Lisa)

- miss A (Goodbye Baby)

- SECRET (Starlight Moonlight)

- SISTAR (How Dare You)

——-

< Most Popular Artist Award >

[Presented to the most popular artist after tallying results from popularity vote and ratings from judges]

- 2NE1 (Lonely)

- 2PM (Hands Up)

- 4men (Once in Your Life)

- 4minute (Mirror Mirror)

- Leessang (You’re the Answer to a Guy Like Me)

- Park Bom (Don’t Cry)

- Brown Eyed Girls (Sixth Sense)

- Sung Si Kyung (I Like It)

- Super Junior (Mr. Simple)

- SNSD (The Boys)

- IU (The Story I Didn’t Know)

- Wonder Girls (Be My Baby)

- After School (Virgin)

- Lee Seung Gi (Tonight)

- Jang Gi Ha and the Faces (Just Another Relationship)

- Wheesung (Heart-aching Story)

- B2ST (Fiction)

- CNBLUE (Intuition)

- F.T. Island (Hello Hello)

- f(x) (Pinocchio)

- G.NA (Black & White)

- INFINITE (Be Mine)

- KARA (Step)

- K.Will (Be Mine)

- MBLAQ (Stay)

- miss A (Goodbye Baby)

- SECRET (Starlight Moonlight)

- SISTAR (How Dare You)

———-

Source: GDA official homepage

Credit: AIIKPOP

I really hope the girls will attend golden disk award yes I dont expect them to win album award but I believe they have a strong chance in winning digital and popularity awards

^ Well, if they do attend then we'll know they will win an award. The golden disks only invite winners to the award show. It's not a rule per se but that is how it's been done for years now.

Guest HoneysuckleRose

I would like to inform you that were are aware of your concerns regarding HoneysuckleRose posts and have removed them for now. I would also like to remind you that individuals can have differing opinions from the group norm and that these types of opinions are not against the rules. In my personal opinion after going over both posts numerous times I did not see anything offensive or distasteful about the Wonder Girls as a whole or individually that required the two posts to be reported a number of times.

It may be true that the individual did not follow the norms set by the regular contributors of the thread, that again does not any way violate the rules, if he/she had in fact insult one of the girls, the group as a whole, or an individual poster of the thread then that would have been a different matter, but again that was not the case.

I would like to stress that we appreciate the continued effort by the regular contributors and to new participants of the thread in reporting problems they may encounter in this or any other thread here on Soompi. Please do not hesitate in reporting any and all problems you may encounter but I would like to ask that when you come across a problem that you try to look at it from all possible angles to see if it is truly an offensive post and not simply something that may not necessarily follow the group norms.

Again thank you for your continued effort in reporting any and all issues to us in a timely manner.

I totally understand! ^_^

Some threads are very cult-like, it's the reason why so many posters here just stopped posting, oh well.

It's a shame when even mods are pressured from cult-like fans to follow suit just to keep the more cult-like fans happy. :(

Guest crazycindaye

Out of all the performance i really don;t understand why KBS has to cut their best performance out for the sketch book. There is something going on and i donn't really like it! Anyone has fancams of it then ?

Archived