Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

For those that are still trying to stream Yoo Hee Yeol's sketchbook, I believe the girls are the last guests to be performing on the show since it's been going in order lolol, so you can still catch them perform :)

For those who wants to catch Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook, it airs tonight around 12:15-12:35kst and you can stream it through kbs with internet explorer and click 2TV afterwards. Let's cross our fingers for other songs from the album to be performed!

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wonderful ♡

[FM100.3] 2PM interview With Ah Ken in Singapore

DJ; name one member in the JYP family that you’re closest to besides the 2pm members.

Junho – yeeun(WG) : yeeun from wondergirls, because we’re from the same city in korea *ilsan J* and we can communicate better

Credit: 2pm_facts @ tumblr

So cute. JYP Nation <3 Not sure if this was shared, so sorry if already posted!

Sunye leaves a message for Wonderfuls + reveals how she met her boyfriend

Earlier this week, Wonder Girls‘ leader, Sunye, announced that she was currently in a relationship with a non-celebrity, and fans were quick to search for clues regarding the lucky mystery man. Well, search no more, Wonderfuls, because Sunye recently revealed that the mystery man she was pictured with is indeed her boyfriend!

On November 25th, Sunye wrote a message to Wonderfuls on the Wonder Girls’ fan cafe which read, “I believe a lot of people are confused and curious because of the surprising story I told a while back on ‘Strong Heart‘. First of all, thank you so much to those of you who truly congratulated me for the surprising story. I see that quite a few people are upset too, but it’s because you guys are concerned for me, right? Haha, either way I thank you for that as well.”

She continued, “The reason why I’m leaving this message is because I felt that Wonderfuls would want to hear this from me, personally, since I revealed the story on broadcast first. I went to Haiti for missionary work a few months ago. I always had a desire to participate in missionary work, and I think I was really excited about Haiti being my first destination for missionary work. That’s how I met him at such an unexpected place. He’s the missionary who was living there with the Haiti people while doing long-term missionary work. Surprisingly, the picture that has been floating around on the Internet is one of the pictures taken with my missionary family while wearing matching t-shirts on my last day there haha,” and confirmed that the man in the picture is her boyfriend.

Sunye wrote, “I don’t want to deny it. I didn’t think that my surprising story would gain so much attention as soon as it was revealed to the public, and I didn’t expect the picture to come up so quickly, but you guys are really quick. Anyways, I think there are a lot of people who are congratulating me, so I’m very happy and thankful. As I said before on broadcast, he works in a completely different field compared to mine so I hope that you understand that there is not much more I can reveal at this point.”

She ended, “I think I wouldn’t be happier and more grateful if more people in the future continue to support and pray for the two of us.”

Source + Photo: My Daily via Nate

cr: Allkpop

tumblr_lv6rppZtW21qdefcyo4_500.gif

cr: sincerelynyny @ tumblr

Darn watching Sketchbook and once again they are performing Tell me and such. So I guess we getting the Tell me, So hot, Nobody performance. *sigh I don't get why Jype is so . . Idk but we heard all those songs before. I know that those songs are their hits but I heard (and non fans) heard it so many times already. I want to hear songs from the ALBUM! WONDER WORLD IS TO GOOD FOR JYPE TO IGNORED THAT. God! Sigh! Sorry for the rant. But . . <_<

^ Yeah, I was slightly disappointed as well, but then again, I don't think it's JYP's fault. It also depends on how much time the show was willing to give to our girls, and their part wasn't long at all. I think they just wanted to have the girls guest on the show and not give them special segments for different performances.

Guest Celangel

Darn watching Sketchbook and once again they are performing Tell me and such. So I guess we getting the Tell me, So hot, Nobody performance. *sigh I don't get why Jype is so . . Idk but we heard all those songs before. I know that those songs are their hits but I heard (and non fans) heard it so many times already. I want to hear songs from the ALBUM! WONDER WORLD IS TO GOOD FOR JYPE TO IGNORED THAT. God! Sigh! Sorry for the rant. But . . <_<

I can't agree with you more. I stayed up so late and this is all? Why do we hear stuff about them performing more songs from their awesome new album when it's not happening? Why do the media report such things and keeps everyone hopes up and then nothing? I feel like trolling JYP twitter and demand an answer!

i agree let's tweet JYP, i really want them to sing any other song of the album, not only BMBB and Act cool, wich i really like but i love more the other songs!

I can't agree with you more. I stayed up so late and this is all? Why do we hear stuff about them performing more songs from their awesome new album when it's not happening? Why do the media report such things and keeps everyone hopes up and then nothing? I feel like trolling JYP twitter and demand an answer!

Totally agree.I really want to know the girls' scheduled performances from Wonder World,(if we get any to begin with),is JYPE trolling us?

Alright,WG were away for more than a year without any promotion,i know that people and probably some fans wanted to see them perform their previous hits.But how about making this round of promotional activities a hit with unseen and amazing performances? Or didn't the girls get enough time to practice the choreographies of the other tracks on the album or are they practicing them and planning to perform them for bigger shows/ceremonies?

I honestly don't know,but what i know is that the WG made their comeback two weeks ago and Be My Baby is at least in the top5 of most charts,and #1 on Melon.Not to mention the very high number of digital downloads of the lead single (1 million if i remember right?) and that is definitely something new in the industry.Usually the songs from the album or the lead single stay at the top only on the first day of release,or a week max if the artist has a big fanbase.This is unprecedented success in terms of charts ranking.Well done girls and congrats for winning M! Countdown AND staying on top!

Guest sunshine_moon

it is so annoying! why are they not promoting other songs from their album! i really want to hear them live :(:(

i heard that KBS cut short the 'Love the way u lie by Rihanna & Eminem'!

it seems like KBS do not like them very much! fury.gif

^Ye eun smiling so much lately, I mean she always do but anyone noticed that she is very cheerful now? HAHA are you in love too Park oppa? :phew:

OMG totally agreed with the twitter thing. Well I hope we don't spam him ^O^ I just want to know if we going to see the girls perform any other songs on the album. Or at least let them, this is the thing with the girls whenever they promoted. They stay so much in promoting their title track that their album is forgotten. Well I know not all the time but Wonder World is totally different now. The girls work so hard on it, and we( Well at least I do ahah) as fans want them to show us all the other songs too. Also they promoting on radio show a lots during this comeback, I just don't understand why they don't sing other songs. We heard GNO (during the comeback), Act Cool, & 두고두고 (twice I think?) already. Since it look like there going to be more radio show coming up why not let them sing the like of Dear Boy, Sweet dream, Stop. . Me, In. Idk . . or Girl Girl (which was surprising did okay on charts)

*Sigh. Sorry If I'm like complaining but oh how I wish. This album is one of their best yet, and once again Jype (Or am I going to hard on jype?) not showing it. :(

I often think that WG gets the short end of the stick when it comes to promotion among JYP artists... but that said, I think we are being too hard on JYP. The girls were at Sketchbook recording for an hour. We have to understand that they really did not have time to perform their newer songs. Remember when they were recording their GNO comeback stages it was noted that they performed it at least 3 times before they felt satisfied with it. Performing new songs on a stage is different than rehearsing in a dance studio so it would have taken a lot longer than an hour just to record - let's say - Me, In, GNO, and BMB, which they obviously did not have time for. Better to perform older songs they feel comfortable with to fill a timeslot rather than just one. :)

Maybe I'm the only one but I like how they are being promoted this time around. :) What I  liked about their 2DT promoting era was that they made a lot of appearances on many variety shows. I still don't consider 2DT comeback, if anything it was a way to introduce Lim to the public and maybe even reintroduce the girls themselves, hence all the shows they appeared in. This time around they are really focusing on promoting the actual song - BMB - and it is working. Lots of radio shows appearances is giving the girls lots of airplay. They are trying to make more guests appearances this time around too, as many as they can squeeze in.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that although we're eager to see them performing other songs and believe me, I am as well we shouldn't overlook all they've done so far. I don't think saying JYP is doing a bad job this time around is fair, I think he's done a wonderful job, and I am forever alone in that opinion lol.

Guest TheArchangel

They didn't win, but they are still nominated for The 26th Goldendisk Awards in Osaka

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

And The 21th High Seoul Music Awards. They are for now 8th : Here

*quoted image*

I think you shouldn't hope too much. GDA is all about sales. Quality has never been a criteria. And since WG, came back so late, the probability got more smaller. That's why SM artists keeps winning in it. BoA anyone? BoA's songs weren't even in the Top 20. That was how unpopular it was but it won a disk Bonsang.

I don't know about Seoul Music though.

Here's my take on it:

WG said they were coming back to Korea for a month to promote the album; do appearances; answer questions. I'm satisfied w/ what they've done and what they've got. Sure, they didn't dominate *every* show, but then again: they didn't try to avoid competition altogether like *another* girl group I know..lol

The most satisfying thing for me was to see WONDER WORLD top the GAON Album & Online charts, and get on the Billboard again. Could it be possible the reason we aren't as satisfied w/ the results is b/c we're so smart about how the voting system works (for these shows and online music players), that we expected TOO MUCH, but little did we know that the voting becomes suspicious after a certain amount of time (once fans get the album they usually play the album rather than rely on the online music player,right)?

Pretty soon, WG will be doing the same thing in the U.S. I don't have high expectations for the English material, but it will be an opportunity to get the American ear listening to the 'Girls w/ better promotion than 2DT & Nobody. We'll be in a market most groups are afraid to embark. I consider that a WIN, no matter the results; that's a new album; new merchandise; possibly a new tour; and TV movie that we'll all be looking forward to own.

As far as Sunye's boyfriend being revealed on allkpop - I'll believe it when it comes from Sunye's own words.

Archived