Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest apricot

Haha..I was thinking the same thing too. They MC-ed for one day for Music Bank and in the end, they didn't win. Lol..that's like a bitter "throwback" to them huh..I don't know about you guys but if SM manipulated Music Bank or something, I will shoot down SM. Haha.. Just kidding, fans need to cool down. Winning or not, it don't change a damn about their life right..it's not worth arguing over. Now fans will say us "Oh Wonderfuls will definitely say it's okay for them for not winning"..so typical of them haha...

Let's be patient ppl..they will win. They already won for me.

Oh yeah, I have to add this, the Music Bank stage sucks!!

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wonder-ful

Don't care about the haters. Remember what Sunye said : "if you get hit on the right cheek, offer them your left."

If they think SNSD is better than WG because they won this time I've gotta say it's really a lame victory. Wonder girls were away for 2 years, one of the most popular member left the group (temporary) and they just came back, of course they will not be able to take back their crown immediately give them just a little bit of time and you'll see. Their song is already an all-kill on korean charts and the number of members in their fancafes is increasing as the days passes. Haters who are bashing our girls and gloating over this victory now are pathetic because in this case the fight was unfair, when the fight was on equal terms we all know which girlgroup was the most popular... :phew:

Just a reminder : MBC gayo daejun 2008 Look at the crowd reaction at 2:01:51 when WG is interviewed and then the silence when it's SNSD's turn....

I'm a bit late, but Gratz to the girls on their first win on MCD   :D So proud of them for all their hard work.  Sunyes tears really made me get choked up, because I started wondering if she was thinking of her Dad. I just wanted to give her a big hug   :wub:

About M-Bank - I hope WFs can stay classy. It's not the end of the world and some of us even expected it. I mean cmon let's not lie to ourselves they took a big hit in Korea by going America and it's not the WGs fault or SNSD for Korea turning to the next best thing in their absence. Rather if you have any anger you should blame JYPE for their miscalculations of the American market and rushing the girls off when they still barely knew any English. That being said, I've never like WGs for their popularity in the first place so things like trophies really don't make or break my love for them. I'm still gonna support them for as long as I can. 

Guest vananh189

You're never a loser until you quit trying - Mike Ditka.

And we all know the Wondergirls are persistent and aspiring towards goals that scare people off because of the sacrifices. Right?! :)

I posted this in response to a naysayer about Wondergirls "supposed" failure in America and I'd like to reiterate this on SOOMPI because

they are the very definition of people with dreams trying to make it in America.

IT'S Funny how some people are saying that they don't know the wondergirls but they know of other groups and their friends know of other groups...which is perfectly and totally fine. You might not know of them as compared to others. My whole family knows who the WGs are...it really just comes down to preference. It's illogical to say that they have failed when they have progressed far better than anyone else and have made the most breakthroughs. Can SNSD say that they've performed at the Special Olympics? Can 2NE1 say that they've been on So You Think You can dance? Can Kara say that they've been on the Wendy Williams show? Can T-ara say they've met Russell Simmons? Can Secret say they've been on the pages of Teen Vogue? Can BEG say they've been on tour as opening acts for the Jonas Brothers/ Justin Bieber. Can After School say they've had an album sold at an American store...i.e. Justice? Can 4Minute say they've had an album launch in Los Angeles hosted by Perez Hilton? Can any group say that they've had various US local news coverage and boasts as many dance covers from people young and old as the WONDERGIRLS? Until the artists you and your friends know and support do, then come talk to me about success or failure.

To tell you the truth I'm extremely glad they lost...because I know that when they do win, it's that much more precious and wonderful. It keeps our Wondergirls humble and genuine. I'd rather them lose on an unjust scoring system than win for superficial and biased reasons. And this is by any means an attack on the other artists who do receive an award from them. And for the other fanclub(s) who have been sauntering around lauding this victory...well it just shows that they were trying to prove something/

I know this might sound way off tune...but it's like Leona Lewis winning an award against Mariah Carey but at the end of the day, Mariah Carey has been there and done everything and actually paved the way for Leona. And I love me lots of Mariah Carey and the WONDERGIRLS. The Wondergirls started the girl group phenomenon in 2007 then all the rest came first. If it's any consolation...they awakened Korea's dormant love for girl groups. SO suck it haters. :)

So heads up everyone, I know the disappointment is saddening...in my heart of hearts I was praying that kbs would reconsider the deleted posts (which is super suspicious and common reasoning would have suggested that they would have tried to recover it) but whatever...if ya'll recall the TELL ME and SO HOT days...they have a bajillion trophies...they probably would have needed another storage space. ;D

I'll end with another quote since I started with one :]

A good balance of winning and losing is important. If you just win all the time, you won't get anything out of it; having some tough losses can be really important. -Andrew Shue

Guest TheArchangel

생생정보통

cr: PikeheartYenny

I apologize for the ignorance but who is Do Kyung Wan (도경완)? I heard "woo" when his face was shown, So I'm assuming his a well respected man. Or maybe the "woo" is because he's good looking?

Guest -kawaii-

i swear i love the overflowing positivity in this thread ^_^ hey guys, we all know for sure that our girls are up for bigger victories! a small defeat doesn't justify anything, much less one's competence. Cos we know that the true glory is not within a silver trophy, but surmounting a journey that is drawn to countless of drawbacks and where success seems far-fetched. Therefore, I'm proud to be a Wonderful :)

Guest UncleSam

Hello People

I have few things in my mind which I want to share.

Wonder Girls have been criticized about going to U.S. Even though US venture is not the easy road for them, it is crucial for their career, imao. Now they may not enjoy the top tier popularity but for them these 3 years is just one part of their life. When they promote Tell Me, So Hot, and Nobody, they were a just manufactured product of JYPE. If they stayed in Korea, they may have enjoyed the popularity, few more years of glory moment but they wouldn't have chance to grow as a person and in career, more than the mere product of JYP. At the time of their Korean Glory Days, I could not picture them as musicians. I can definitely see now Sun, Yeun, and Yubin as musicians if they continue the current path. Sohee and Herim, not sure(No offense, fans of these two. I am not saying they are without talents because they are still young, only 19(US age) so the personality and creativity does not surface yet as their older counterparts. That's just my opinion--- :vicx: : Don't Kill me Sohee and Herim fans) Anyways a lot of fans are egocentric about their idol. They do not think what their Idol would be in the long term. Everydody think now they have to be popular. No, life is long. They are just early 20s. Let's support them to be musicians rather than just idols and let them grow

Korean Entertainment Industry and the Korean people who consume the pop music are really guilty of these. Illegal downloadings shrink the income source so singers have to earn money by selling their other aspects of life other than music. The public just consume them ceaselessly but do not give time to develop the talents. Because WG is here in US, I think they are starting to change to musicians rather than just idols. Seriously after 5 more years, how many would remain in the music industry out of that "nine member group." They cannot continue to do cute thing like now. I see them as the manufactured product of Mr. Lee Suman.(I am not saying they r just cuties and talentless. They r extremely talented in their own ways but I consider not as musicians. Currently No. ) Not only them, picture other idols 5 years after then people can see what I'm talking about. Enough about other groups. I think JYPE had the right decision to bring them to US. As a company CEO, it was a financial disaster but as a fellow musician and a person he certainly did good for WG.

Second Sohee's singing ability issue.

In Korean, so called Netizens kept on harassing our precious Sohee about her singing ability. MR reduced Audios kept on popping up. I did post before about these MR reduced Audio/Video. I say again. "people, it's not a reliable technology." It is an educated guess work. Never reliable. the result changes how and who does the job. It's just meaningless. The algorithm to reduced MR is only perfectly accurate when the musician brought MR file was provided. And there again the audio system also has huge impact(like KBS audio people drop, lose, make mistakes. Comparing with other broadcasting stations, It's a crap). It is only one of the reference sources. And also WDF shall think hard what Sohee want to be. She will never be like Yeun or Sun. She is capable of improvement but we do not want another Sun. Her voice is unique. For example, she would sing "Santa Baby" much better than Sun or Yeun. In GNO, her narrative style singing parts shines. it does not fit with head voice like Sun or Yeun. Many think the head voice volume is the proof of "singing ability." It is not. It is merely one aspect of singing. In the korean music industry, there are so many good singers. Are they more popular than Sohee? No. Pop music is never solely about the singing ability. It's total performance.

The third one is about Sunmi issue.

I really don't understand people kept on saying Sunmi comback. In this point, it is almost impossible to make 6. All the song shall be devided into 6, choreography and etc. A lot of work. That means she will not come back at least until later part of the next year. Regarding TeenNick broadcasting schedule and following promotion, it seems impossible. She is individual, of her own mind. As an individual, we shall respect her own decision whether we like or not. On a side note, she could be one of the reason why US album did not come out and take such detour because all the recording had to be scrapped up till that point. I am not blaming or anything. She shall choose what deems best to her. She has to live her life. Not one of us can live her life. She wanted to quit WG US venture because she think it is best for her. Let's respect her decision.

Sorry for all the rambles. This is just my thought. You can amicably disagree.

Guest jcsmark

WG going to be really busy the next few months

What do SM, YG, JYP and Cube have planned for 2012?

<JYP Entertainment – No new groups planned>

JYP Entertainment, led by J.Y. Park, has no plans to release a new group anytime soon. In turn, they will be focusing on further overseas activities for their current groups, Wonder Girls, 2PM, and miss A as they will be making their way into the US, Japanese, and Chinese markets.

The Wonder Girls will be busy promoting across Asia starting next month until the beginning of next year. Afterwards, the Wonder Girls will be holding a press conference for their upcoming movie “Wonder Girls at the Apollo,” as they begin their promotions in the US.

[Non-WG parts omitted]

Credit Allkpop

Fanpics from Music Bank Comeback (11/11/11)

20111111kbsmusicbank03.jpg

20111111kbsmusicbank04.jpg

20111111kbsmusicbank05.jpg

20111111kbsmusicbank06.jpg

20111111kbsmusicbank07.jpg

20111111kbsmusicbank08.jpg

20111111kbsmusicbank09.jpg

20111111kbsmusicbank10.jpg

Credit as tagged + YeeunBaiduBar

Collected my WG album just now. As promised, here are scans of the liner notes.

Turned out JYP was truthful when he tweeted he was "the most low-profile among the musicians & producers making the new album." He produced only 2 of the 12 tracks (BMBB + Do Go Do Go); I also got the feeling this pair might be what Rainstone played for Monster Cable engineer Einstein Galang last year.

Collapsedone -- his Korean name romanizes as Lee Woo Min although he identifies himself as Lee Min on Twitter -- oversaw GNO & Me In, the former with Fredro Odjeso as partner. Besides Fredro, I count 3 other Western producers contributing to the album: 

Lukas Hilbert from Germany was behind Nu Shoes; another Swede co-wrote the song but I don't think he was otherwise involved; 

- Scandinavian production team DeepFrost took charge of Sweet Dreams;

- Los Angeles musician Fingazz was behind Dear. Boy & also contributed to BMBB. (Hmm, was this why WG stopped over before & after the CES gig in Las Vegas? Meeting Nick Jonas was a smokescreen?) 

The other songs were done by JYPE Korea's producers.

Manny Marroquin is listed as mixer for BMBB & Nu Shoes, so the latter must be the 4th "secret project" track which JYP flew to LA for in late April. Speaking of which, what is the plan for Nu Shoes? It's sung in English so the Korean market is ruled out. Yet paying Marroquin to specially mix an album-filler song seems extravagant. Is it gonna be a lead song for the US album? Will WG heavily promote both it & BMBB English version next year?

ewlrc.jpg

5UqHO.jpg

sPsJg.jpg

CQhUa.jpg

M5nbH.jpg

CVihb.jpg

Thank you notes:

VeAng.jpg

y1UYH.jpg

zPfgd.jpg

phQGy.jpg

91i1R.jpg

jAn5W.jpg

tfNbu.jpg

NB. I decided not to watermark the scans. Take out with full credits: qoxie@soompi.

I'm actually doubting that there is a plan for the album sales. We're now on week2 and still the album sales hasn't picked up. It doesn't make sense to have a plan weeks later because the sales are at its prime on the first week.

I find it weird though that they topped the album sales in gaon.

I thought with the whole bullk order of the girls album that kwonderfuls started that they have a plan to increase wonder world album sales

Guest TheArchangel

The Wonder Girls’ So Hee and Ye Eun look like innocent princesses without eye makeup

2011111815171564047_1.jpg

On November 18, some pictures with the title “Recent pictures of Ye Eun and So Hee without eye makeup” were uploaded on an online community board.

The posting shows Ye Eun and So Hee of the Wonder Girls which has recently come back to Korea with a new album. They show natural, innocent looks which are different from their charismatic side on stage.

Netizens comment: “You guys look much prettier and more innocent without eye makeup.” “Mature-looking ladies on stage and babies without makeup!” “You look pretty with and without makeup.”

The Wonder Girls appeared on M. net’s M Countdown on the November 17 and ranked no. 1 with its new song “Be My Baby” which was released on November 7.

Source:

Starnews

Translation: kpopislab.tumblr.com/

Guest jcsmark

Top part of Wonder Girls' resume from Mnet Wide Entertainment News

Left to Right: Sunye, Yeeun, Sohee, Yubin, Lim

Top to bottom: Age, Blood Type, Height, and Weight

resume02.jpg

lol @ the weight section. I'm sure Sohee knows her weight but decided to put a zero. Lim put 100 (assuming in lbs) but crossed it out. I think Sunye's the only one that wrote down her real weight (in kg).

-----

MBC Icon - Beautiful concert (Nov. 13)

20111113mbciconbeautifu.jpg

Credit as Tagged + Wonderholic

Guest wonderful ♡

Thank you @Mia_Mia for the MinAhn MC cuts :)

lol omg Sohee's thank you message is so short compared to the others'. idk why that's so funny to me lmao. I hope they get translated soon.

Guest catlenson

so i'm really late but CONGRATULATIONS WONDER GIRLS on the m-countdown win ! 

i think it was the reassurance they needed to see that fans in korea still love them :) and i definitely started crying when sunye and hyelim teared up -____-; haha

on another note, i can't believe "stop!" was completely written and produced in korea...! that was actually one of the songs i thought would be produced abroad, it has such a ...non-kpop feel to it. i know some reviews have mentioned that it sounds very british pop. but thank you so much for the scans qoxie ! :D

Guest pinkbabyj

I thought the wonder girls had a chance of winning at music bank, if that 0 score was raised. do you guys know what that 0 is for anyway? :o

Archived