Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest Mia_Mia

38778777.jpg

Stylists are you serious? why do you keep recycling this look for Sunye?!....She is MCing today, you could have at least thought about that. :blink:

looking forward to MinAhn today (not looking forward to the crazy hair!).

Yubin looks :wub: in the photoshoot!. Gorgeous!

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest big_face

LOG IN & VOTE #35 (Wonder Girls - Be My Baby) ....... I already did!! Asian Vote count for 15% of the chart :rolleyes: So Vote for the girls, ok!!

tumblr_lutfsgboc91r3k0i9o1_500.gif

Junho (2PM) congratulation the girls for being No.1...

tumblr_lutcbjGxmQ1qc01goo1_500.png

@dlwnsghek: Wondergirls, congratulations on getting #1! With embracing all things you’ve gone through, I hope you fly high again. I’m proud of you. Wondergirls hwaiting!!

credit: 2pmalways

JANEyjK JANE

Billboard kpop chart 1위다 BE MY BABY~~ 50위안에 6곡이나 있네! 1위 be my baby, 미인, Girls Girls, GNO, Act Cool, Stop! 짱짱!

10 hours ago

JANEyjK JANE

World Album Chart 는 5위~^^

10 hours ago

tumblr_luu1nzX3Qz1qcvgfjo1_500.jpg

Why AKP didn't post any news relate to these ?? Their album in #5 World Album in Billboard & their song BE MY BABY is No.1 & other song also in the chart too. anyone please GIVE A HOT TIP for AKP's writer please.... :wub: :wub:

Guest Mia_Mia

Billboard: Wonder Girls & One Direction Arrive on Social 50 Chart

K-Pop group Wonder Girls arrives onto Billboard's Social 50 chart, jumping into the tally at No. 33 -- this week's highest debut. The release of the video for their latest single "Be My Baby" on Nov. 5 prompted a burst of 8 million YouTube views, boasting their profile views by 164,000 last week.

Two days after the premiere, the South Korean act released their latest album "Wonder World." In tandem, they're hosting a contest for the video where fans are invited to submit recordings of their own "Baby" inspired dances.

These events helped grow the group's audience, increasing their Facebook fans (up by 6,600) and YouTube channel subscribers (a gain of 6,900).

Billboard's Social 50 chart ranks the most active artists on the world's leading social networking sites -- YouTube, Vevo, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and iLike -- using a formula blending weekly additions of friends/fans/followers along with weekly artist page views and weekly song plays.

source - http://www.billboard.com/news/wonder-girls-one-direction-arrive-on-social-1005542762.story#/news/wonder-girls-one-direction-arrive-on-social-1005542762.story

Not sure if this video has been shared here yet

Wonder Girls on KBS 생생정보통(Nov. 17th)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr4pU0mjrrY&feature=youtu.be&a

Credit PikeheartYenny

-------

Remember to watch MinAhn MC on Music Bank today!

Credit Wonderfuls Cafè

I actually noticed from this video that Sunye's wig was originally brown, and it was something like her album released pictures! Sigh, if only they decided to go with that for the live broadcast. I was also wondering if anyone had the online streaming for music bank tonight? I'd really like to catch MinAhn mcing again :)

Guest WonderfulSohee

2AM Seulong took a photo of Wonder Girls performing Be My Baby

[Trans] @2AMONG

: Wonderful (*Wonder Girls' fans) proof shot keke so this is how it is like for IAMs who are watching us kk yfrog.com/hs7wpeaj RT 

@2AMONG

: 원더풀 인증샷ㅋㅋ 우리를보는 아이엠의 시선이 이렇구나ㅋ yfrog.com/hs7wpeaj

Guest TheArchangel

Wonder Girls enters Billboard, wins K-chart award

By JONATHAN M. HICAP

November 18, 2011, 11:36am

MANILA, Philippines – K-pop quintet Wonder Girls’ new album “Wonder World” has entered the Billboard World Albums chart, debuting at No. 5 for the week of Nov. 26.

The album was released last Nov. 7 and it topped music charts in Korea and also entered the iTunes Top 100 albums chart at No. 59.

In addition, the Wonder Girls won their first K-chart award for their title track “Be My Baby” on Mnet’s “M! Countdown” TV music program on Nov. 17, a week after starting their TV promotions.

The girls edged out Brown Eyed Girls and solo singer Lee Seung Gi to clinch the award. The win brought tears to Wonder Girls members Sunye and Hye Lim.

“Be My Baby” also zoomed to the No. 1 spot on Billboard’s K-pop Hot 100 chart after debuting at No. 12 last week.

Completing the Top 10 on the K-pop chart are Huh Gak’s “All I Can Say Is, I Want To,” Ulala Session’s “The Western Sky,” T-ara’s “Cry Cry,” Noel’s “I Miss You,” Girls Generation’s “The Boys,” Lee Seung Gi’s “Friends,” Ulala Session’s “Swing Baby,” Brown Eyed Girls’ “Cleansing Cream,” and Busker Busker’s “Makgeolli Na.”

Celebrity blogger Perez Hilton praised the music video for “Be My Baby,” saying it reminds him of Beyonce’s “Single Ladies.”

“We guess Beyonce isn't the only one being inspired these days. The Wonder Girls have released their new video for “Be My Baby,” and it's really fun to watch!” he wrote.

He added, “But some of it is very reminiscent of ‘Single Ladies’ (although that was also an ‘inspiration’). The rest of it kind of reminds us of a magical dance number in a holiday movie too…but in the best way possible!”

The “Be My Baby” has already garnered 8.72 million views on YouTube since it was released last Nov. 5.

With this, the music video got the gold medal award on YouTube’s Recently Most Popular videos category and a silver Trending medal for gaining “huge attention over the last week.”

Guest TheArchangel

Wonder Girls’ Yoobin Goes Blonde for Singles Magazine Photo Shoot

by: thunderstix on Nov 18, 2011

The Wonder Girls’ Yoobin went blonde for the upcoming pictorial by Singles Magazine. The photo shoot, titled “Transformation to a blonde Mathilda,” was designed by Yoobin herself. “Yoobin’s the first celebrity to request a pre-photo session meeting and actually come up with her own photo shoot concept,” a magazine official said. The name “Mathilda” in the title is in reference to the female character of 90’s movie, “The Professional (Leon),” played by Natalie Portman.

The preview of the pictorial also included an excerpt from their interview with the Wonder Girls’ rapper. Here’s a translation of the interview:

Q: The Wonder Girls are a vocal-heavy group. Did you ever feel left out because of the short rap part?

A: I don’t think it’s something to feel sad about. I’m in charge of the rap, but it wouldn’t make sense to force rap into a song that doesn’t need it. The overall quality of the song is more important than the length of my rap.

Q: As a female rapper, how do you think female rappers are viewed in Korea?

A: I think a lot more people like us because the music genre has diversified lately. It’s not just hip hop, but I think the general public is now more open to different types of music. I think all the audition programs played a big role in it. We learn from the audition programs too.

Q: Do people notice you on the streets in the U.S.?

A: Oh, we have a long way to go. Since we have strong concepts on stage, people think we’re just five regular Asian girls when we walk around in normal attire (smiles). We had more freedom in the States. Our members love good food, so we just walked around in regular sweat pants with no makeup on. All of our members have different taste, so we had a lot of things, like Mexican, Greek, and Indian food. One of my favorite Greek restaurants bakes salmon, spinach, and cream sauce in bread, and it’s really good. I’ll let you know if you visit New York.

The full pictorial and interview will be released in the December issue of Singles Magazine!

Source:

soompi

Guest Mia_Mia

Wonder Girls reveal they made a promise to sing karaoke with SNSD

The Wonder Girls recently opened up about their friendship with SNSD.

On November 18th, the girls dropped by KBS 2FM‘s radio program, ‘Cool FM‘, where they talked about their relationship with SNSD.

When asked if they were friendly with SNSD despite the rivalry, Sohee explained, “Our members are very close with SNSD. We greet each other happily since we see each other in music programs now. Even though I don’t have any personal friendships, Yubin is friends with Taeyeon, and Sunye is friends with Sooyoung, YoonA, and Tiffany.”

Yubin also elaborated, “We are so happy to see their faces by finally doing activities in Korea.”

Meanwhile, Ye Eun confessed, “We don’t have time to meet, as our schedules are different. However, we made a promise to go to the noraebang [karaoke] next time.”

cr allkpop

Guest TheArchangel

Music Bank setlist and might as well performance line-up

Music Bank Setlist for 111118

Pop Pop Pop - Rania

Super Boy - N-Sonic

You would never know - JCERA

Sad Song - WE

Lady - DaeGukNamAh

Can’t communicate - Beige

Because I’m crazy - AA

My Love - B1A4

I love you, that’s all I can say - Able

Gold Fish - Krispy Krunch&ShiHyun

beautiful but hateful - SonHoYoung

Ma Boy2 - Electro Boys (Hyorin of ‘Sistar’)

You are funny, Oh My Gosh - SeoInYoung

That man, that woman - 4Men&Mi

Cleansing Cream, Sixth Sense - Brown Eyed Girls

What kind of person you are - Ali

Sales King - Norajo

I miss you - Noel

Love is move - Secret

I wanna fall in love - KimJoHan

Cry Cry (Ballad Ver), Cry Cry (Dance Ver) - T-ARA

A long day - Tim

Be My Baby - Wonder Girls

Because we are friends - Lee Seungki

The Boys - SNSD

Guest mrsheedragon

^^^

although i keep telling myself winning isn't so impt, but i can't help by feeling nervous.... i mean can you imagine those sones rubbing it into our faces IF they really win... Ahh, i shall just continue to enjoy sunye and sohee as MCs and wait for their performance~

Guest TheArchangel

OMG, WG vs SNSD for the 1st place

OMG. It couldn't go anymore epic than this. But at least its a sure thing that they will be on the top2. Still hoping for a WG win.

Guest chami1430286566

I'm so very nervous~ 

I know award is not really important.. but seeing Sunye cry yesterday,

I'm really in hope that Wonder Girls will win for today's Music Bank.

Archived