Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

wow.... the digital sales was a whopping $700k... That's kinda high for first week I think.... and I think it's positive(?) I mean producing physical album requires more money right? (but I hope people will still buy the album though)

I think this just proves the popularity of the girls. They appeal basically TO EVERY ONE. Fans or not, people likes to listen to their songs. ♥

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TheArchangel

I hope K-Wonderfuls are really paying attention to the album sales. It's ok to lose on SNSD because its a given that they're good in physical sales but to lose to the likes of a rookie group B1A4 (no offense) is just a bit insulting. I'm waiting for the gaon chart thing. Hanteo is not the only chart MB. Maybe the k-wonderfuls concentrated more on the charts that is not visible.

Guest Mia_Mia

read that MinAhn are to be MCs for Music Bank tomorrow !!.... Yay. MinAhn together again after such a long time. my WG OTP getting screen time together after such a long time

Guest VenusValentine

I think some of us focus too much on winning and losing ^^

Those thing is not important anymore, as the girls give us stellar performance, then it's more than enough for me

Has anyone notice that we only have 2 more week until the end of November :ph34r: if the girls choice to relocate on Asia next month then we only have 2 more set of music show to enjoy :(

Anyway, anyone have download link for radio star ? i miss the streaming this morning and todou link take forever to load Y.Y

Guest TheArchangel

I think some of us focus too much on winning and losing ^^

Those thing is not important anymore, as the girls give us stellar performance, then it's more than enough for me

Has anyone notice that we only have 2 more week until the end of November :ph34r: if the girls choice to relocate on Asia next month then we only have 2 more set of music show to enjoy :(

Anyway, anyone have download link for radio star ? i miss the streaming this morning and todou link take forever to load Y.Y

I don't really care if they get Triple Crown but I wish at least they can win all the music show awards at least once.

Guest Mia_Mia

Wonder Girls Talk Dating, Kissing and...Talking

Which Wonder Girl gets around?

It′s...Yenny! And by her own admission.

The members of Wonder Girls turned in their handwritten resumes to the production crew of Mnet’s Wide Entertainment News, prior to appearing on the show, where they′ll talk about body measurements, specialities, hobbies and interests, on November 17 at CJ E&M.

On the resume, Yenny answered “Me, no.1” in response to the question asking who had the most relationship experience. Yenny also wrote “Dating?” in one of her ′brain blanks′ - though it′s not in the absolute center of her mind...

Meanwhile, the other members, perhaps in an effort to protect one of their own, left that particular question blank, or wrote in a question mark.

Wonder Girls recently returned to the Korean music scene after a year and a half absence with its second album. Yeun showed off her musical talent by writing and composing G.N.O. and participating in writing, composing and rearranging Me, in.

Appropriately, Yenny picked ′writing lyrics and composition’ as her main interest, while the group′s first single, Be My Baby and her song G.N.O. are seemingly on the same level as dating.

Meanwhile, Yenny and Yubin advised leader Sun to be less talkative, and both picked Sun as the member who they hoped would correct her bad habits.

Yubin wrote, “Speak a little more briefly in interviews. Avoid abstract explanations," while Yenny put it just a tad more directly, writing, "Sunye. Speak less."

Ironically, Sun actually described herself in her resume as “a master of speaking.”

And just in case you think we′ve gotten off the relationship track, no worries. Sohee brings it all back, revealing just who took her first kiss.

But no surprises here - pretty much every Sohee fan witnessed the lost of poor Sohee′s innocence - the formerly youngest member gave away her first kiss to flower boy Kim Bum, for the movie Hellcats.

On a question about her career, Sohee explained that what she earned from the movie was ′acting experience′ and what she lost was...yep, ′her first kiss.′

Sohee starred as a teenage girl, Gang Ae, in the film, along with Lee Mi Suk and Kim Min Hee, acting opposite Kim Bum and Jo Eun Ji (Sohee kissed both, and spoiler ended up falling for the girl, not the guy).

Sohee also revealed that she won an award at a painting contest and received a trip to Mt. Geumgang as a prize.

The interview with the Wonder Girls members will be broadcast on Mnet’s Wide Entertainment News on November 17.

cr enewsworld.

------

rofl..poor leader min being picked on by YeBin... but seriously though, isn't Yeeun the one who speaks the most during interviews?

Guest i.said.goodbye

^LMAO! It's a definite tie between Sunye and Yeeun. They both talk so much in interviews but I think it also makes up for the fact that Yoobin, Sohee and Lim don't talk alot...

I must say though Sohee is becoming more talkative on shows while Yubin is still her introverted self :P Lim is still getting used to the Korean fans :)

Guest Mia_Mia

^

rofl....

then this is probably yubin lecturing sunye “Speak a little more briefly in interviews. Avoid abstract explanations,"

yumin2.gif

and Sunye still thinking she is “a master of speaking.”

29923766.gif

http://img811.images...agconcert02.jpg

Something worth sharing :)

GAON CHART

Rank. Wonder Girls - Song title - digital downloads - calculation

1. Wonder Girls - Be my Baby - 67,238,603 - ( 67,238 x $3 = $201,714 )

7. Wonder Girls - Me In - 28,588,495 - ( 28,588 x $3 = $85,764 )

10. Wonder Girls - Girls Girls - 24,133,372 - ( 24,133 x $3 = $72,399 )

17. Wonder Girls - G.N.O - 16,390,291 - ( 16,390 x $3 = $49,170 )

20. Wonder Girls - Stop - 15,717,596 - ( 15,717 x $3 = $47,151 )

21. Wonder Girls - Act Cool - 15,407,719 - ( 15,407 x $3 = $46,221 )

24. Wonder Girls - Sweet Dreams - 13,089,303 - ( 13,089 x $3 = $39,267 )

26. Wonder Girls - 두고두고 - 12,506,526 - ( 12,506 x $3 = $37,518 )

28. Wonder Girls - Dear Boy - 12,381,126 - ( 12,381 x $3 = $37,143 )

29. Wonder Girls - Nu Shoues - 12,114,648 - ( 12,144 x $3 = $36,432 )

35. Wonder Girls - SuperB - 9,955,111 - ( 9,955 x $3 = $29,865 )

38. Wonder Girls - Be My Baby Ra.D mix - 9,546,730 - ( 9,546 x $3 = $28,638 )

credit Hannechan

^

That's not correctly titled. Those numbers are for GAON's Overall Digital Chart (Streaming + Downloads + BGMs).

Original chart source is here: http://www.gaonchart...aon?nationGbn=T

Also, here are the respective sub-chart numbers I got from their website:

GAON STREAMING CHART

01. Wonder Girls - Be My Baby - 2,223,589

18. Wonder Girls - Me, In - 948,192

25. Wonder Girls - Girls Girls - 835,016

42. Wonder Girls - GNO - 598,543

46. Wonder Girls - Act Cool (ft. San E) - 533,278

49. Wonder Girls - Stop! - 526,683

56. Wonder Girls - Sweet Dreams - 484,411

61. Wonder Girls - Dear. Boy - 439,970

62. Wonder Girls - 두고두고 - 436,727

69. Wonder Girls - Nu Shoes - 398,468

76. Wonder Girls - SuperB - 354,071

80. Wonder Girls - Be My Baby (Ra.D Mix) - 340,771

Source: http://www.gaonchart...aon?nationGbn=T

GAON DOWNLOAD CHART

01. Wonder Girls - Be My Baby - 859,174

04. Wonder Girls - Me, In - 411,847

07. Wonder Girls - Girls Girls - 361,173

14. Wonder Girls - GNO - 258,279

16. Wonder Girls - Stop! - 248,264

18. Wonder Girls - Act Cool (ft. San E) - 245,659

21. Wonder Girls - Sweet Dreams - 218,905

22. Wonder Girls - Dear. Boy - 203,904

23. Wonder Girls - 두고두고 - 203,247

25. Wonder Girls - Nu Shoes - 201,981

27. Wonder Girls - SuperB - 176,036

31. Wonder Girls - Be My Baby (Ra.D Mix) - 157,579

Source: http://www.gaonchart...aon?nationGbn=T

GAON BGM (Background Music) CHART (no published numbers)

01. Wonder Girls - Be My Baby

19. Wonder Girls - Me, In

21. Wonder Girls - Girls Girls

28. Wonder Girls - Be My Baby (Ra.D Mix)

44. Wonder Girls - Act Cool (ft. San E)

46. Wonder Girls - 두고두고

55. Wonder Girls - Stop!

60. Wonder Girls - GNO

63. Wonder Girls - Nu Shoes

76. Wonder Girls - Dear. Boy

Sweet Dreams & SuperB did not chart.

GAON MOBILE (Ringtones) CHART  (no published numbers)

09. Wonder Girls - Be My Baby

79. Wonder Girls - Me, In

93. Wonder Girls - Girls Girls

Source: http://www.gaonchart...nationGbn=S2020

GAON ALBUM CHART (no published numbers)

01. Wonder Girls - Vol.2 Wonder World

My initial impressions:

I think BMBB did relatively okay only, perhaps even below expectations. 

Will elaborate next time online, but right now I have BMBB ranked as 9th bestselling digital debut for the year (Week 9~45; Gaon did not publish numbers for Week 1~8). 

But it did better than 'Hands Up', 'The Boys' & 'Mr Simple' (all 3 songs were notable GAON under-performers). But at the same time, it's well behind what, say, 'Good Bye Baby' did (ranking 3rd for year with 81,411,730 units sold during debut week). *shrug* 

Also worth re-thinking for JYPE: GNO is not an immediate hit so far vis-a-vis some other songs, despite the girls' promotions & performances. JYP might have just bet wrong on this. Neither has Nu Shoes made much impression, despite it being penciled for the US album.

Guest wendysmark

My initial impressions:

I think BMBB did relatively okay only, perhaps even below expectations. 

Will elaborate next time online, but right now I have BMBB ranked as 9th bestselling digital debut for the year (Week 9~45; Gaon did not publish numbers for Week 1~8). 

But it did better than 'Hands Up', 'The Boys' & 'Mr Simple' (all 3 songs were notable GAON under-performers). But at the same time, it's well behind what, say, 'Good Bye Baby' did (ranking 3rd for year with 81,411,730 units sold during debut week). *shrug* 

Also worth re-thinking for JYPE: GNO is not an immediate hit so far vis-a-vis some other songs, despite the girls' promotions & performances. JYP might have just bet wrong on this. Neither has Nu Shoes made much impression, despite it being penciled for the US album.

Hey qoxie, I very much agree with you. Despite promoting GNO for so long, it was not a hit. They should have promoted Girls Girls or Me.In instead. WG has been mentioning GNO is almost every show but it still ranks after Me.In and Girls Girls in most charts. JYPE might want to re-think if they are going to include some of the songs in the English album. Nu shoes was kind of bland but I guess it will improve when the movie is aired.

BMBB is on par I guess. At least it appears workable for the English album.

^ Thanks for the link really appreciate it!

As for the single isn't it much better than 2dt sales wise?

Hey qoxie, I very much agree with you. Despite promoting GNO for so long, it was not a hit. They should have promoted Girls Girls or Me.In instead. WG has been mentioning GNO is almost every show but it still ranks after Me.In and Girls Girls in most charts. JYPE might want to re-think if they are going to include some of the songs in the English album. Nu shoes was kind of bland but I guess it will improve when the movie is aired.

BMBB is on par I guess. At least it appears workable for the English album.

What do you mean they have been promoting GNO for so long lol this will only be the 2nd week of the comeback. They have been mentioning it because Yenny composed it I guess they are proud of that and why shouldn't they?

Personally i love Nu shoes and if you look at comments on youtube of the song casual listeners also enjoy it! Maybe the reason it's not that popular in Korea is because it's entirely in english?

^^ I think it's quite good. Let's think abt it, 3 songs for our girls in top 10. That means pp don't concentrate in only BMB, that's why the sales are not as high as GBB, for example. And if we calculate, the total sales for 3 songs are >> 120k

Guest TheArchangel

Some people are saying that Sunye and Sohee will be special MCs tomorrow in Music Bank but there hasn't been anything to support the claim, if you have any sources, please do post.

Wonder Girls’ Sohee & Sunye + Tim

to emcee this week’s ‘Music Bank’

by carolcity

It’s just been announced that Wonder Girls‘ Sohee and Sunye will serve as MCs alongside ballad singer Tim for November 18th’s episode of ‘Music Bank’.

PD Han Dong Gyu told Star News on November 17th, “Wonder Girls’ Sohee, Sunye, and Tim; these three are scheduled to serve as co-MCs.”

He also revealed that ‘Music Bank’ will not have permanent MCs for the remainder of the year. “Until the end of the year, we will maintain the system of having one-day MC’s,” he said.

taken from

allkpop

Guest melon-y

anyone streaming mcountdown right now?

why aren't WG in top ten?? will they not be able to win?? :(

or were they there but i didn't see??

well either way, i can't wait to see them perform!! :D

EDIT :i wish there were some sort of chat...that would be nice, a place where wonderfuls all over the world could spazz 24/7!

hmmm..would you guys join the chat if i were to create one?

Archived