Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest Celangel

OMG I just realised the girls incorporated some of their old hits' moves in Be My baby. Like the finger-pointing of Nobody and the hair flipping of So hot. Did you guys notice it? Love it!

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest big_face

@WonderFulStaff

Important notice for International WonderFuls attending this week's Inkkigayo. pic.twitter.com/lpnaaP3w

Ad4ZUIKCIAEbMwL.jpg

The Wonder Girls dominate the music sales chart for 4th day in a row

wonder_girls_be_my_baby.jpg

The Wonder Girls are enjoying an impressive comeback.

Making a comeback after 1 year and 6 months of absence from Korea, the Wonder Girls’ ‘Be My Baby’ has been ranked No.1 in almost all the major music sales charts for the 4th day in a row.

‘Be My Baby’ was released on the 7th and since has been ranked No.1 on Melon, Mnet, Soribada, and in total 6 major music sales charts for the past 4 days. Huh Gak has placed No.1 on Olleh music with his song ‘I told you, I wanna die’, but on the same chart the Wonder Girls are ranked 2nd and 3rd with their songs. They have in total of 4 songs in the top 20 on the Olleh chart. It’s like seeing the hits of ‘Tell Me’ and ‘Nobody’ all over again.

The music industry insiders are welcoming the Wonder Girls’ dominance of the charts with open arms.

With the recent flooding of the mp3 market with the songs from MBC’s ‘I Am A Singer’ and Mnet’s ‘Superstar K3′, the professional singers have not been able to taste much success. Even the leaders of the K-pop wave have not been able to stay on the No.1 spot for longer than two days at most, there really weren’t true hits so far this year.

One music producer stated, “It’s painful to watch albums that are produced rigorously for months get stomped by the hastily made albums of ‘I Am A Singer’ and “Superstar K3′. This push from the Wonder Girls is exactly what we needed to jump start the music industry”.

Aside from the mp3 sales, the Wonder Girls are also showing exceptional statistic with their music video. ‘Be My Baby’ has been watched over 4.6 million times on Youtube (in the morning of the 10th), making it the most watched video on Youtube in as many days it’s been added. The Wonder Girls’ will make their first TV performance on the 11th through KBS ‘Music Bank’.

Source: Joongang via Nate

Credit: kpopfever.com

Guest crazycindaye

WTF ? FML !! LIKE I WAS WAITING TO SEE THEM PROMOTE 3 SONGS FOR COMEBACK STAGE AND NOW WTF? ONLY 2 ? I WILL SERIOUSLY KILL KBS! SUCH A SNSD MAN WHAT HAPPEN WHY AINT THEY GETTING TO DO 3 SONGS ? SOMEONE TELL ME PLEASE? ARGHH.... I SERIOUSLY FEEL LIKE KOREA DOESN;T SEEM TO GIVE AS MUCH CARE OR LOVE TO THEM ANYMORE... I FEEL LIKE SOME BROADCAST STATION OR SHOWS R BEING A pinkberry TO THEM ! EXAMPLE FAMILY OUTING 2 WAS A SERIOUS BS WHEN THEY CUT ALL THE GOOD WONDER GIRLS SCENE . IF OUR QUEENS BECOME SUCCESSFUL IN THE US . I DON'T WANT THEM TO GO TO BIAS SHOWS EVER!

Guest only5Wonders

Congratulations Leader Min!!!!

Gahh..I'm so happy !!

She totally deserves it!

The description for Miss SeoulBeats perfectly fits her <3

And she got a landslide of 40% :)

fOIyz.jpg

2YE so sexy!!

2YETBJ.gif

Guest crazycindaye

Um... do you mean that uhem has got number #1 again to bulk buying ? FML... Well. i bought 3 albums today but far... when r other wonderfuls bulk buying ?

So our girls not top anymore?

Guest soheeWG

It's ridiculous how they feel so threatened. It's unfair but no matter what they do WG will still be a national phenomena in Korea. It's not a fair competition anymore and that just shows us how immature and low some of their fans are That's why thay are the most hated fandom in Korea.

Guest chanounette

Have K-WFs already made the bulk order for international fans? If not, we can count on this for a boost in album sales. Actually we all know that the girls are better in digital sales but It really upsets me....this kind of attitude... but hey! it just shows how much they feel threatened by WG. Knowing that their prepared this kind of strategy just to win on music shows... If "you know who" win in the next shows I won't think of it as a fair win.

Guest TheArchangel

If it is true that Music Bank is changing their criteria for album sales from 10% to 5%, we really won't have to worry about anything. But I do hope we know how much was bought by them.

Guest crazycindaye

Well can some one explain to me is the girls still performing 2 or 3 songs for music bank? Because before some ppl said they will perform 3: dear boys, BMb and me in but then now it's only 2 so im confused?

I don't see why people are complaining about them performing only 2 songs. That should be more than enough, I think we're actually lucky. Music shows don't really let artists perform more than 2 songs anymore, I think. It's supposed to be less than 7 minutes, isn't it? There was a whole controversy some time ago with 2NE1 when they performed 3 songs at SBS, so music shows are trying to at least be a bit more fair now. We have to remember that there are other groups performing on this shows and when one artist performs more than one song a new group is taken out of the lineup. Let's not be greedy now. I want them to perform 3 songs as much as the next fan but I certainly won't complain if WG end up performing just two songs.

Guest qsslave

hello everyone!!!!

sorry for the late spazzness!!!!

last time i was reading at page 1822 and now here i am at page 1859!!!

u guys are so amazing!!!!

i cant recall on how many time i replay the BE MY BABY MV.

the song is good (eventho we all quite surprise on why they choose this song)

for me,Be My Baby is the perfect song for the Korean comeback...

i love the song

i love the dance

i love the mv

i love everything!!!

Be My Baby is so wonder girl-ish

SINGable, DANCEable and MEMORable

i am glad that jyp still keep the wonder girls' flavor on this album..

THIS ALBUM IS AWESOME!!!ALL THE SONGS ARE DAEBAK!!!!the best album out of jyp's product..

and us wonderfuls,lets be cool..kwonderfuls+iwonderfuls have done our best to support the girls..

and believe me,the numbers of album sold doesnt mean that they have the best album..

because people in the entertainment industry in korea already recognized wonder girls is an awesome group..

good manners and has best showmanship.

Guest crazycindaye

^ yer but didn't SNSD get to perform 3 songs on music bank for comeback stage ? I just think it's fair if wonder girls get it as well ... Plus i'm dying to see BMB, ME in and Dear Boy live :)

Guest TheArchangel

^ yer but didn't SNSD get to perform 3 songs on music bank for comeback stage ? I just think it's fair if wonder girls get it as well ... Plus i'm dying to see BMB, ME in and Dear Boy live :)

I think SNSD only performed The Boys and Mr taxi in their comeback. I think. Do correct me if I'm wrong.

Guest fashionista.

Believe it or not some (or a ) company purchases their own albums especially for their flagship group.

This perhaps explain the sudden recharting..

JYP is somewhat laid back in promoting  and they don't buy their own albums, so they are kinda 'down' when it comes to physical sales.

I'm a bit uncertain at the girl group that you're referring to, but if it's the long-time group people had been comparing to WG, then... u know what  I mean.

Though the whole ordeal is not technically illegal, we all know it's practically immoral.

This just shows how legitimate the ownership of Wonder Girls to the title, "The Queens" is.

they've done everything through their hard work and perseverance without the means of anything that would possibly challenge their integrity as top idols.

Lol, I'm talking too much  xD..

Sorry for the rant, but people should really understand that Kpop isn't as clean and righteous as how the others see it, and not all the numbers of sales are true. I may be new in the whole kpop world, but just like any other industry,  money is the lever that keeps this business going. After all, music business IS BUSINESS.

This is the foremost reason why I started to love Wonder Girls.

They put their heart and soul in line to pursue their wildest dreams, and they reap the rewards with pure satisfaction and recititude.

I really admire them so much.

And I'm starting to get obsessed, :P

Archived