Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Are wgspectacle back to being active? And coolsmurf posted some articles about the girls in wondergirls.wordpress.com since their comeback! (: Just sharing because many of the older Wonderfuls know him.

I'm not quite sure. I'm trying my best to update it as much as I can, especially with new articles, but it's hard to update with everything by myself. 

I think a lot more Wonderfuls are active on soompi.

Also WonderSubbers are looking for subbers. Please apply. :P 

Today's hanteo chart. 

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest UncleSam

May I ask any wonderfuls who knows Korean to do me a favor?

So far, I have gone around in the internet reading reviews of this Wonder World album and most of them are very positive and averaged scores are 4.x/5 or somthing similar. It doesn't matter those reviews are by fans or pros cuz basically their scores are very good.  Of course there are just occasionally few below 3.x/5.

Now the favor I am asking is can someone please tell me how Korean(fans and pros) in Korea think of this album?  Is there any reviews I can read online?  I don't know a single Korean word but I will use google translator (not a good one) it.  This way I can perhaps roughly know how people of Korea review this album.  Please just post any links if any.

Many thanks.

There are reviews from some blogs but they are either die-hard fans review or ridiculously anti bloggs.They r extremely polarized. I wonder they even hear the album. You have to understand how some korean blogs are run. They want to attract traffic regardless of how mean or how dis-respectable the review. First, the blogg write the mean thing sugar coated with look OK fake logic(Those antis start with JYP's transparent plastic pants-someday I will explain and there are so many JYP haters which you would not comprehend). Then(innocent rather naive) Wfs will bombard with objecting comments as well as other fangroup(esp. Snsd fan no brainer) threw the counter punch. They actively agitate the fanwar so that they can increase the traffic thus the original writer is milking the financial gains.

On the other hand, the reviews in English is rather logical. The fandom is less attached emotionally. They can say "bad is bad" and "good is good." Even you are the fan, bad music is bad music and what you don't like is "you don't like" There r reasons also I do not write much comment. I am afraid of those die hard fans because they r so emotional.

So my advice is when you see those critics, please stay away from them. More attention ppl pay more money they will get>(especially ...t*st*ry.com-Korean Blog site) and many portal companies actively involved to increase the traffic. The portal sites r not necessarily siding but they promote controversial bloggs because it is their revenue.

Guest pabigom

Hanteo Chart

here you go:

1107 1480

1108 1560

1109 1151+

Wonderfuls probably haven't put in their big order yet.

Taken from 6theory

Guest TheArchangel

Hanteo Chart

Taken from 6theory

Honestly, I think this might be it. JYP has never really been known to be impressive in physical album sales. 2pm, 2am, MissA and now WG. They never really invested too much into it unlike SM who even have a glossy trading card. So the fans are happy with the digital download.

Thank heavens Music Bank lowered their album sales from 10% to 5%.

There are reviews from some blogs but they are either die-hard fans review or ridiculously anti bloggs.They r extremely polarized. I wonder they even hear the album. You have to understand how some korean blogs are run. They want to attract traffic regardless of how mean or how dis-respectable the review. First, the blogg write the mean thing sugar coated with look OK fake logic(Those antis start with JYP's transparent plastic pants-someday I will explain and there are so many JYP haters which you would not comprehend). Then(innocent rather naive) Wfs will bombard with objecting comments as well as other fangroup(esp. Snsd fan no brainer) threw the counter punch. They actively agitate the fanwar so that they can increase the traffic thus the original writer is milking the financial gains.

On the other hand, the reviews in English is rather logical. The fandom is less attached emotionally. They can say "bad is bad" and "good is good." Even you are the fan, bad music is bad music and what you don't like is "you don't like" There is reasons also I do not write much comment. I am afraid of those die hard fans(regardless WF or Sones, BJ VIP n ... etc) because they r so emotional

First of all, thank you for your reply.

I personally don't do anti/hater thing as I think it is stupid and childish in my opinion. I came to Kpop world because of the Queens' nobody about 2 years ago. I basically like many of Kpop groups/artists and none I hate. I have learned so many things in Kpop that are quite unique in Korean way. Let me name 2 of them, first one is the uniqueness of anti/hater culture and second one is their obsession with cuteness. there are also more other things but I am not gonna to talk about them here.

the cuteness preference can be understandable and acceptable, after all, Kpop and Korean entertainment are show business and definitely cuteness can sell well. Sometimes I can't really stand male idols/entertainers acting cute and find it quite awkward.

the anti/hater culture is something I totally don't quite get it. It is undstandable that fans supports their own favorite artists/groups by doing many things. However it is absolutely stupid to do something negative against any groups that they hate or dislike. If I were them, I would simply ignore other groups that I don't like and simply stay with my favorites. Of course it is basically just for saying cuz I am very good enough to understand it if I really want to. But I don't even bother to do so.

Anyway I should get back to the Queens cuz this thread is for them. I agree with you that so far most english reviews are reasonably objective about the album. The songs of this album are over all very good in terms of quality in music. The quality is basically acknowledged and agreed by the majority of people and reviews, However, people can still have their own taste of music or preferences to dislike any or all of the songs if they think so provided they are being objective without anti/hater attitude involved.

If we listen to the whole album with more thoughts, we should realize this is a transformation of the Queens in terms of music style into the US/western music. I really tend to think JYP and the Queens are using this album to test the water. This album is for Korean fans back home but is also for the preparation for their US album. I think they will try to merge Kpop into American music (western) to produce an American Kpop style on their US album. We can take "M,in" for example, we can see over all responses to this song from international fans from the West (the US) are quite absolute. I even read some comments saying this song is so Americanized or something like that. (there is also a couple of songs on this album getting similar responses). That's also why many international fans(presumably most from the West) feel a kind of let-down with the release of the MV of BMB but not "Me, in".

I'd be better off stop here cuz this is getting too long and nobody is gonna read it. So I just wanna say 1 more thing. This is a comeback for Korean fans back home and the Korean market. It leads me to believe that this is one of many reasons why JYP/the Queens have chosen BMB as the title song to kick off their Korea comeback. I aslo believe they have the MV of "Me, in" made already.

Thanks for reading.

I guess the English reviews have set some of us on the same train of thought.

I'm with a @lomatw, the girls are transforming, the Wonder World album is balancing east & west throughout the different songs. For example, I see "My New Shoes" as a U.S. musical kind of song, and BMBB as the next level of classic kpop hook songs. And other songs are mixing both sensitivities in a refreshing way.

I would like to briefly elaborate further about that. This is my big question: the Wonder Girls will be satisfied of bridging kpop and western music, or - if the events allow it - they'll push further to integrate in the U.S.? Lim in the interview was all about staying in the US to perfect their skills.

It is evident that kpop is going to be tested in the US, record labels can't deny its appeal and would love to have a key demographic happily spending on the new phenomenon. But in the long-run it is quite difficult for kpop singers to become pop global stars, unless they have mastered what can't be assimilated while training home.

I guess that right now, we are rooting for the only group that ostensibly took a series of "American lessons" long enough to extend their dreams that far.

Anyway, this is just my current train of thoughts. Soon it will be time to appreciate the comebacks. :wub: K-Wonderfuls have been very sensitive in adding "World Singer" to the fanchant.

Guest catlenson

apparently KBS deleted all the radio play requests for BMBB :/ .......korean wonderfuls are trying to get an apology/response through twitter & the discussion board.

'Strong Heart' starts recording in ~12 hours ! :)

apparently KBS deleted all the radio play requests for BMBB :/ .......korean wonderfuls are trying to get an apology/response through twitter & the discussion board.

Did a certain someone put money into their pockets to make them delete the requests? Sorry if my post sounds offensive to some, but I am sick of how KBS can be bought with money, even if they claim innocence, I see through the lines.

It is surprising as I thought KBS loved the WGs.

Oh wells, will not waste energy on that and focus it on the WGs and their awesome new album, the love it is getting and their comeback! :wub:

Guest jcsmark

Wonder Girls' messages to Wonderfuls

Wonder Girl Hyelim special message to fans

[Trans] To Wonderful ~ ♥

See ya at the 1st broadcasting, please anticipate a lot from us=)

313117_243015012421902_170348913021846_716135_1792756422_n.jpg

Wonder Girl Sohee special message to fans

[Trans] To Wonderful

It's been a long time since we last (WG) hear the fan cheers from Wonderfuls... You can expect a lot of things from us! Let's be together for this time comeback activities!!!

385392_243016902421713_170348913021846_716154_490680211_n.jpg

Wonder Girl Yoobin special message to fans

[Trans] To All Deoful darling/honey/babies

At last the Wonder Girls 2nd album is out!! Everybody!! Everyone has ready right?!! Have you prepared for the Thursday management?? Let us make a good memories, cool and a very fun moment together!! Let's play together!!

311842_243019832421420_170348913021846_716158_79737630_n.jpg

Wonder Girl Yeeun special message to fans

[Trans] To My Babes Wonderful ♥♥♥

Wonderfuls are you ready?! I miss you so bad, it's killing me!! I love you *kiss ♥

-Yeeun- =)

389434_243021772421226_170348913021846_716160_429981310_n.jpg

Wonder Girl Sunye special message to fans

[Trans] To Wonderful

R U ALL READY ?! Let's see that happy 'day' when we are having fun together! =) Wonderful is one, Wonderful! Loving you is a bless : Sunye ♥

296944_243023442421059_170348913021846_716168_1521250998_n.jpg

Credit Wonderfuls Cafè@facebook

^^ it can affect Wonder Girls' ability to win on Music Bank if KBS radio shows aren't playing Wonder Girls' songs because radio plays count as a part of Music Bank's way of determining the winner of the week although I'm not sure if it's the viewer's vote or the broadcasting number of the song part of the award calculation that it counts to but yeah that's why K-WonderFuls are getting so angry about it.

Guest jcsmark

[info] Their concept from hair, outfits for all activities, make up, album jacket concept and etc. are planned by our cutie pie maknae; Sohee!!

Credit Wonderfuls Cafè@facebook

BTS shots

706149begw1dmxw58ji3cj.jpg

Credit Melon + Yeeunbar@weibo

Guest TheArchangel

All the request got deleted? JYJ can't perform in Music Bank. Hmmm.

Wait, how did you know that? Can you read Korean?

I saw your post a little back; WELCOME & I think you got the info from the girls fan cafe. Aw I have a feeling we going to be very thankful to you later on. :) Anyway was there a reason why? or it was just out of nowhere. There must be a reason because they can't just take it off without saying anything. If there is no reason than what the heck.

^ Hahas, you beat me to it! I also wanted to say welcome and say thanks for having her join the cafe! I'm so glad that we have an international WonderFul that can update us with information from the cafe! :)

I always thought KBS was known for doing inside stuff, or maybe it's because the girls didn't make their official comeback yet? I'd also like to know the reason ....

Aw looking at the messages that our girls wrote really makes me smile, our little mandu is finally writing more and expressing herself more often. I love how the majority of their messages contains "together" as in saying, Wonder Girls and WonderFuls are one, and forever will be one <3

I'm also really proud that Sohee was able to take over the whole concept! I'm so so so glad Sohee was able to take charge and plan out everything! HEHEHE, I'm so proud, now we're sure to expect pretty outfits and funky hairstyles for our girls performances with a touch of chic.

Archived