Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guys, eat your kimchi is a really popular channel, it is ok to vote because the music reviews get tipically 100000 to 200000 views. Simon and Martina are funny and very good at explaining Korean music & lifestyle to us who don't live there.

Check it here

And they did trash Teddy Bear ^_^

--

BTW, I'll be grateful to anyone that can post the credits of the songs of Wonder World. My iTunes tracks have only the artist credits.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched some eatyourkimchi videos and I thought it'd be nice if they did a review on our girls music video as well; I hope you all vote! If anyone wants to see what it'd be like, they diddddd cover about our girls in this video howtodancekpopstyle2008 starts at 5:10 point

and heres an update of our girls video counts, I love how it's almost three million after just a day and a half :')

315lb92.jpg

I love the mv and all the songs! Sohee has really surprised me, my goodness she has grown into such a stunning lady.

I loved Be my baby the first time I heard the whole song and it has been stuck in my head non stop!

Bring on all the variety shows! :D I need to see me some Sunye and Donghae/Top love hehehe

COME ON 3 MILLION VIEWS!!!!!!!!!!!

*Patiently waiting for Me, In mv*

Thanks to adikkeluangman's reply (clarifying that Sinawe's version was also a remake) & the 10Asia article (in which Yoobin mentioned the original singer), I was able to find the original version of 'Me, In'.

It is by Shin Jung-hyeon 신중현 (申重鉉 in Chinese) aka Korea's Godfather of Rock (cr: wikipedia). The song title is written the same: 미인, which romanizes as 'Mi In'. Google translates it as 'Beauty', but I'm not sure Mr. Shin or Sinawe/Sinawi 시나위 officially adopted the English title. (Sinawe did use the Chinese word for 'Beauty' in their tour promo clip below.) So, to play safe, I'm following WG's cue & sticking with the Hangul 'Me In' pronunciation.

Here is a MP3 upload of Shin Jung-hyeon's original on Youtube (search with 신중현 - 미인 for more):

- - - - - - -

Here are some other Sinawe's versions (search with 시나위 - 미인 for more):

Studio promo clip for their 2008 tour: 

Live version:

- - - - - - -

EDIT: So WG did pre-record for Music Core, according to the article. mingsun89 was correct.

I don't think international fans can stream the full song on Korean sites. The only sites we can stream the full song on are Soribada and Mnet, and you need to create an account for these. Whereas, on the other music sites international fans can only stream the 1 minute previews. I think this counts too, so please do try! :) 

This Wonder Girls' album is an album that you have to listen to all songs on it before jumping the gun.  The MV of "Be My Baby" is good to me and it sounds good too. It has some mixed reactions or reviews but over all it will do just fine.  This is a "the more you listen to it, the more you like it' type of song.

If we think twice, how come JYP gave us 2 concepts on the 2 teasers but they are so far only delivering one concept with the MV of BMB.  Some fans are disappointed wondering where the hell is the other concept with the fierce and Rock/metal images on the teasers.  Is JYP dumb enough to get their fans all hyped up and then cool them down with the MV of  BMB?  My best guess is the MV of "Me,in" should already be made and will be released right after the MV of BMB.  We must understand this is a Korea comeback,  therefore Korean fans back home will be given a higher  priority and their homeland market has to be regained if possible.  The song BMB and its MV is the type of song that Korean Kpop fans like most and it will definitely sell better in their homeland market.  That should be the reason behind the whole issue of  releasing the MV of BMB  and using it as the title song to begin with.   Moreover, the MV of "Me,in" (presumably been made) can now jump right in soon following the MV of BMB.  This way they will also please all international fans and/or fans who are expecting it and the contrary between BMB and Me, in will be even more distinguishable.  This will surely help both of the songs in terms of promoting them.  

Is JYP dumb enough or will he do as I've presumed above?  Or am I totally wrong. We will all find out in days.

^ Do we need to register on these sites first?  I am only getting 1min previews and I don't think that counts.  I've been looping youtube playlist but that won't help them on music shows.  I would really like to see the girls on top on the charts again.

Sorry but it won't count if we do not sign up T___T becuz the 1 min is just like a teaser...it won't count and that it wanna make us sign up...  the problem is I also get stuck when it ask for my social security number T__T sorry i can't help it as well.. 

This is the the real time chart for MELON (5PM KST)

Rd5k0.jpg

6PM Chart update!!

5j2VS.jpg

The green color which is our competitor is HeoGak... at 5PM just now, the girls' graph had increased slightly rolleyes.gif phew.gif what a relieve....

All kWFs had already received their albums today , it's quite big!! and I think the overall package is quite satisfying ^^ : 

Qi0AA.jpg

5ijiN.jpg

cr : Hot Dog + 다미 + 꾸두애가 @ WGW

Guest big_face

Wonder Girls’ “Be My Baby” MV gains over 2 million views in 48 hours

20111107_wondergirls_wonderworld.jpg

Yesterday, the Wonder Girls swept the charts with their new album “Wonder World“, which reached #1 on numerous Korean music portals to achieve an ‘all-kill’.

In addition to this achievement, it’s been revealed that their music video for “Be My Baby” recorded over 2 million views on YouTube! The video was featured on the main page and received top honors like ‘#1 Top Rated (Overall and Music)’ and ‘#1 Top Favorited (Music)’.

At this moment, the view count currently reads at over 2.5 million views after just two days, thus demonstrating the high level of anticipation for their comeback.

JYP Entertainment stated, “Thank you for the boundless love you’re showing the Wonder Girls’ comeback and music… We will try our best to prepare an awesome performance to match up to your expectations.”

The girls will be holding their official comeback stage through KBS’ ‘Music Bank’ on November 11th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fy4cqWMhyI&feature=topvideos_music

Credit: Allkpop

Guest TheArchangel

What I meant is like this.

171DD5424E99A0A0182208.jpg

K-INSPIRITS posts the printscreen of Hanteo with figures so that they know the points INFINITE will be getting in Music Bank. I was wondering if anyone can see the figures for all and not just the 2nd placer.

Guest freakloverxx

^its so biggg and gorgeous.i want one but it looks expensive.sweatingbullets.gif

finally our girls' video is the most viewed today.Good Job Derfuls..and thanks to Non Derfuls too..wub.gif

Untitled-9.png

BMBB just cracked the million mark under 2 days at Yinyuetai too.

Its momentum was on par with YT last night (650,000+) before Asian netizens went to bed in this part of the world.

I woke up this morning & saw YT had increased by a million, so kudos to the rest of the world!

There was apparently a 400,000 surge in just 2 hours during the night, according to screengrabs posted earlier. Wow.

The view count then went up by another million during the daytime.

Most likely, YT was just catching up. But each update was still quite a spectacle to see.

0q7Xm.jpg

Source: http://www.yinyuetai.com/video/296765

Archived