Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest loveeeWG

My take from their strategy is that they are literally threatened. I mean buying albums is still money and if you already have one or two and need to buy more to prove something then i guess it's an indication to us of how much Wondergirls are a threat and it seems like they are out to prove something, to prove that their girl group is better but I'll take the example of the WGs - i don't think there is much of anything to prove because it's like comparing planets and hand soap. Different targets and different sounds. And it just very well mean that our girls are a threat...actually a force to be reckoned with. It's great that they're doing that and good for them and their fandom. Wondergirls have always been a little lower in terms of records sales but their digital sales are through the roof. And besides I think **** needs as many record sold as possible since they have more people to divide profits with anyway.

I would love to buy a thousand copies but I don't have the funds and we really don't need to prove anything to anyone because the WGs have proven again the sheer magnitude of their appeal and have really solidified their position at the top. As far as I see it, the Wondergirl's only competition in the kpop world is themselves.

A side note: I've been going on about how WG are the trendsetters of the industry and I have another point to add...Ever since 2 Different Tears, the bigger, more well known groups have been having 1 month promotional periods and I believe before this one no really would promote for just one month but it was the Wondergirls that did it first with 2DT...and the truth is, it was short and it left tje fans wanting more but 2DT still made an impact and proved that the WGs had that much star power to make an impact when it would take a promo period of 3-4 months.

2 weeks, WG only promoted 2DT for 2 weeks!!!

this week comeback stage, next week goodbye stage :D

And they still managed to get #16 on year end charts :D

I will never forget this :D:wub:

UPCOMING WEEK (unofficial)

MBC Radio Star - 11/9 (air 11/16)

MNC Strong Heart - 11/10 (air 11/22, 11/29)

KBS Music Bank - 11/11 *START Of PROMOTIONS*

MBC Music Core - 11/12

SBS Inkigayo - 11/13 

MBC Beautiful Concert - 11/13

Mingsun89 thinks some of the Music Core performances this week may be privately pre-recorded. She isn't sure, but tweeted the other day that the upcoming show may be staged overseas(?)

- - - - - - -

About the Me, In remake: can anyone confirm if the original is by Korean heavymetal band Sinawi & the song title is 'Beauty'? I can't find any references or mentions in Hangul sources.

BTW I think some K-WFs are abbreviating Be My Baby as BMBB (not BMB). C-WFs are taking up the cue en masse.

^^ Thank you for that. ^_^ ^_^

Actually this was confirmed by a member of that thread when someone asked if they're doing it because of WG's comeback. The person actually stated No, it has nothing to do with them blah blah blah.. & that IF YOU LOVE YOUR ARTIST & DEAD SERIOUS about them getting awards etc.. you will do those kind of stuff for them. Ok enough of that. I for one do not believe that buying more than one copy of the album is necessary but that's the way they wanna roll so i respect that, but the point is I do agree with what @deiderata stated, they're basically threathened. I understand that once you've touched the top you definitely wouldn't want to go back to the bottom again and in this case that's what their doing.. They are so afraid that people will look down on their fandom and group again (remember the dream concert '08.. w/c is their own fault btw. LOL). I don't want to sound like i know everything and be bashed for saying these stuff, i would just want to express my feelings about this 'cause i believe it's just so unfair.. although there's really nothing we can do about it. Lim's "ACT COOL" definitely are the words i wanna tell them right now. LOL :P

what best about this album is the overall like by majority of people. all songs on this album are becoming favorite ones by different people according to their own taste of music.  some like this and some like that.  of course, some may not like this or that, but it is more as each of the songs is liked by some people.  this is a very good news for the sales of  this album, the reason is that someone somewhere sometimes will buy this album because he/she likes some songs on this album.  the variety of the songs on this album will definitely find one more way for this album to go straight up and higher.

^Honestly we shouldn't even bother with whatever the other fandom is doing. Let stick to talking about our girls, the more we talk about other the more we hype up the fan wars between the two groups. If they want to do that than hey go ahead, We will support our girls however we need to. Fans will support their artists; in anyway they can and I'm not surprised. So let bring back our attention to our girls. Plus I'm loving this thread is so alive and so many old + news wonderfuls.

Sunye just twitt; translated?

WGsun Sun Min

"환영해 주셔서 감사합니다..! 축제에 대열에 합류하게 되어 정말 감사합니다.. 맘껏 즐겨주세요^^ 오늘 하루도 신나게!!!!!!!!!"

Anyone have the english translated of Girls Girls?

Guest adikkeluangman

About the Me, In remake: can anyone confirm if the original is by Korean heavymetal band Sinawi & the song title is 'Beauty'? I can't find any references or mentions in Hangul sources.

From my failed understanding of Hangul, I think Sinawi do their own cover song of Beauty. From the video posted before, noticed that on the beginning of the video that stated year 1974 coz I don't found the similar name on their album list that been released on 1997. So maybe the original song was released on that year. Sinawi band covered into their own style and WG used Sinawi version as their remakes.

Guest yubin4ever

Wonder Girls Give an Update on Ex-Member Sun Mi

00bd70ae2ebc4fc79a2f3ceb7ed22435_large.png

The Wonder Girls updated fans on ex-Wonder Girls member Sun Mi.

After a year and a half since their "Two Different Tears" promotions, the Wonder Girls have come back to Korea and attended a press conference at a hotel in Seoul.

255618723172feb70c62e185e4eeaa98_large.png

On this day Ye Eun stated, "After coming back to Korea, we've been seeing Sun Mi every day. She is healthy, and is studying hard. She faithfully joined us in monitoring our photo shoots, teaser and music video for our new album. We even showed her our dance, and she encouraged us saying, 'You guys will do so well this time.'"

The girls' stronghold friendship was displayed through Ye Eun's comment.

Sohee who is the same age as Sun Mi stated, "We dance, sing, study and work towards the same dream, so we get along and understand each other really well. The only difference now is that I'm in America and she is in Korea."

The Wonder Girls released their official second album "Wonder World" in both Korean and English. They will officially start their promotions by making a comeback on KBS2 "Music Bank" on November 11.

Credit: Soompi

Ahh Sunmi :tears: I miss this girl so much. But I can imagine her still hanging out with the WG and supporting this new music while making jokes and being silly. I want her so bad to make some kind of special appearance on a music show to at least introduce their comeback stage

^ I'm so sorry.. I got really carried away by it. LOL

I guess i'm too emotional ryt now.. since it's been so long since WG promoted in Korea.. and these kind of these kind of stuff really makes me mad. >.<

On another note, does anyone know how KWF's & non-WG fans in korea are taking the New album? besides the fact that it is an ALL-KILL. LOL

Guest lacus_jj

WonderFuls, please don't forget to request Wonder Girls at eatyourkimchi! Here's the Link :)

Wow, explosive responce! :w00t:

Too bad #ReadyForWONDERGIRLS didn't trend on twitter :(

Guest talksound

That tells us nothing about her future and whether she will join the rest of the girls again.

The management is just feeding us little bits of information so we don't go crazy, but I doubt a comeback is going to happen anytime soon.

Wonder Girls November 2011 Schedules

cr : 깝치는박예은@Wondercuty + 하트미소@Wonderfuls Cafè@fb for translation

[6/11] Sunday Vogeu photo shoot

[7/11] Monday Yoobin Singles photo shoot

[8/11] Tuesday KBS Entertainment Weekly guerrilla recording date

[9/11] Wednesday MBC Radio Star Recording

[10/11] Thursday recording SBS Strong Heart

[11/11] Friday KBS Music Bank + SBS-R youngstreet (Radio)

[12/11] Saturday broadcast KBS Entertainment Weekly Guerrilla Dating

[13/11] Sunday SBS Inkigayo MBC icon (beautiful concert)

[15/11] Tuesday KBS yuhuiyeol sketchbook

[16/11] Wednesday ZZIN pictorial (Sohee) + MBC Radio Star broadcast

[17/11] Thursday MNET + SBS-R keoltusyo (Radio)

[18/11] Friday KBS Music Bank + SBS-R recording (Radio) + Ten Ten Club (Radio)

[19/11] Saturday MBC Music Core SBS-R baksohyeon Love Game live broadcast

[20/11] Sunday SBS Inkigayo + KBS 1 to 100 recordings

[21/11] Monday KBS Republic of Korea Culture Awards Ceremony 

And..........

WG will perfom 3 songs on MUSIC BANK this friday!! Be My Baby + Me,in + Dear Boy!!!!!!!!!

I doubt Sunmi even knows what she wants to do right now...

Well , no matter what we will support her :D

I can't stop listening to the album and watching the MV!! It's so hard because I want to listen to all 12 tracks at the same time laugh.gif I love it so much and I can't wait to have it in my hands!

OMG! The schedule is packed! I can't wait, we are going to be overloaded with WGs news and videos!!! I hope the gurls stay safe and healthy!

^T>T No Running Man? Oh Jype let the girls go on it. Pretty Please lol

@heartmiso 3 SONGS????????? *Die*

I can't stop listening to the songs either, the whole album is on replay. I need to wait til tomorrow so I can get the whole album on Itunes. Blah

So make it less spam

What your favorite song (s) so far on the Wonder World's album?

I honestly can't choose, this is the first time I listen to the girls songs and can;t choose which one is my favorite. I couldn't choose one so in the end I love Stop!, G.N.O, Girls Girls, & 두고두고. Stop! is right now at the top, the rest come in second. It was hard because I been listening to the whole album and Stop! slowly climb to the top. I love the beat and their vocal plus it so catchy.

Well goodnight Wonderfuls

Guest i.said.goodbye

@heartmiso

would you know what time yubin's single photoshoot will be release?

this yubin pic hasn't been shared yet

442929457.jpg

Guest lacus_jj

What your favorite song (s) so far on the Wonder World's album?

I honestly can't choose, this is the first time I listen to the girls songs and can;t choose which one is my favorite. I couldn't choose one so in the end I love Stop!, G.N.O, Girls Girls, & 두고두고. Stop! is right now at the top, the rest come in second. It was hard because I been listening to the whole album and Stop! slowly climb to the top. I love the beat and their vocal plus it so catchy.

Mine would be Stop!, Girls Girls, Dear Boys, NU Shoes, and G.N.O!!!

I can't seem to pick my top favorite since all the tracks are so so good. :wub:

Archived