Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest tiffanydawn

When I first listened to Be My Baby, I was kinda disappointed but when I was listening to it again and again, I am liking it more and more and more and moreeeeeee. :wub:

Be My Baby has a happy feel in it. It's like a Christmas song. Love it <3

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest songbird86

Omg guys!

Wonder Girls are 130 on the US Itunes Album downloads chart!!!!! Let's keep it up!

p.s.

I'm feeling alittle greedy. Might start a petition for Ye Eun to have Smile as a solo digital single like Junsu did. But only after album promotions though.. don't want her to get over worked.

First Impressions:

I haven't been this excited for kpop in a while. genuinely excited and all spazzing.

After listening to all the tracks I can say that this album is quality QQ UU AA LL II TT YY. Which sometimes I feel like

a lot of artists just want the quick all kill and shot at 5 minutes to fame. (some, not all)

This album is a clear indication of how much time was spent on this. And by george if this is the Wondergirls we are now

blessed with then I'd wait and wait and wait for them to give me something like this all the time. I really can't express how refreshing and

well thought this album is. IT's definitely worthy of a world wide / AMERICAN release. Granted I do love the Wondergirls to bits and

pieces and this will be forever unchanging and unwavering but darn if I were to present this to other people I would be the proudest mama

ever. They are really the only fandom i'm going to forever ship!

Bring on the Haters...HAteRS are the highest form of flattery i'd say because that means they really have been tried and tested, weathered all

the obstacles. They are bringing something new and fresh and I'm just spazzing so much over this.

The thing with the world of Kpop, i feel, you get a great and catchy sound and it's copied/ replicated over and over again until a new sound is introduced and for the longest while, it's been really monotonous...I'd get music that I like but it's really like the cheap 5 cent hooker replacement for 2 different tears, nobody, so hot, ee babo, tell me, irony.

The thing with wondegirls is that they are bringing something new in a kpop world that's been really stagnant for the last year and a half. Every single song just kills it. QUALITY QUALITY QUALITY QUALITY. The sound is other worldly and LIKE I SAID Before, people are going to be copying the wondergirls now with the freshness that they are bringing. WONDERGIRLS are the true trendsetters of this industry because they are renewing my faith and interest in kpop and I feel that that's what kpop artists should be doing. ALL kpop artists have a little bit of pressure to represent the kpop wave to the world and they should be constantly keeping that in mind. WONDERGIRLS does. Sometimes artists give us kpop that's all over the place and with the Wondergirls it's stripped down to the core of goodness.

I'm IN love with every single song on this album. PROPS to JYP as well. They are the foundations of kpop and trust me people are going to buy this album for their album's inspiration. CAN'T wait to get mine. And i'm really glad at how Jyp is bringing Sohee to us in a new light...from the girl who wanted to leave to pursue an acting career. I'm glad she stayed with us because her voice is something special.

Being in the states has done the girls soooo soooo good. the tweet that JYP did really holds true, The wondergirl flavor has remained constant. New, refreshing, quirky, and totally them.

BE MY BABY: Props to SOHEE for killing it. I'm such a proud mama and i knew she had it in her. Sunye, gorgeous as always. Yeeun...I die in the words of Rachel Zoe for this woman and her look. Yubin: is giving all the boys a heart attack now huh? Lim: has arrived people and she's doing great. When I saw the MV the only thoughts I had was just spazzing spazzisms etc. LOL It's definitely fresh.

Nu Shoes: IN LOVE WITH THIS all eng song!!!

Me, In: So unexpected and something so untapped by girl groups.

What an original move. I love the darker image of them...i say if you're gonna do dark image concept...do it well and do it like the Wondergirls!

Girls Girls: such a feel good song...so positive and hey it doesn't have to always be about chasing or bringing the boys to your yard right? I'd rather be a wondergirl for myself than a love crazed girl.

Be my baby remix: pure wonderfulness. I love the remix and it's the Wondergirls sound. They haven't forgotten who they are for sure. LOVES IT.

ACT COOL: Very quirky and fun! Lots of attitude as well. I haven't anything like this. <3 LIM has skills.

SuperB: Sohee and Yoobin... the new GD&Top LOL. I love the crazy funky beat. Adore the fact that Sohee and Yoobin get to showcase their talent. It's really edgy. "You're superficial and i'm super natural." Yup way to put it girls. All the sounds in the album is just so new. can't get enough. Sohee's voice is so mature and Yoobin voice's is magic.

두고두고: SUNYE and YEEUN: Their voices warm me up on this cold rainy day. Such unique tones and sounds. They sing it like they mean it and they don't need the fancy, hoity toity high pitches (although it's established that they can) to prove they have have it.

Dear Boy: This is a song Mariah Carey would do! Yoobin is so great in the beginning. Yeeun's voice has changed and I love her she gives me the chills. Sohee has such a great voice and I love her in this song. Lim...definitely adds to this song with her warm vocals. Sunye as always her voice, we'll never be tired of her.

Stop!: SUCH A KICK BUTT Song. FIERCE! ATTITUDE all the way through. Give them some katanas and a jumpsuit a la Kill Bill and they are ready to dominate. It is highly unlikely that anyone would want to stop loving them though. LOL.

Sweet Dreams: RETROish lol i don't know but really they've created this sound and they do it good. If you're doing retro, do it the WG way. I imagine a retro disco dance floor but set in the 25th century or something.

GNO: Ah yes!!!!! It's so freaking good I would definitely blast this for a girl's night out. YEEUN is so genius! Finally a girl get on your louboutins anthem.

Wow...that was long.

Can't wait to blast this in my car.

To sum up this album: fresh, new, innovative in the kpop music world and highly highly well thought out and it's pure QUALITY. Props to the JYP team!

I BET SUMNI WOULD BE PROUD!!!!! Missing her listening to this album and i'm going to be imaging what her voice would add but nonetheless I think she'd be proud and would shoot for moons with her proudness. LOVE YOU SUNMI. ALWAYS IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE A WONDERGIRL!~

Guest iheartu

I think this album just proves how much they've grown. Man, you gotta be proud to be a Wonderful. They always give it their all. And I say yes, HATERS BRING IT ON. They seriously can't say anything about this but if they do, well, thank you for noticing that WG is awesome as always. This album is just daebak and I thank JYP for taking care of our girls and for honing their talents while they were in America. For those people saying that they flopped in the US, you are so wrong. Look how much they improved. America did them good. Plus, they haven't officially debuted in America. And when they do, I am going to be there supporting them all the way. WONDER GIRLS DAEBAK!

Act Cool has amazing lyrics. (Please refer a page back.) I wonder who wrote them -- JYP? LIM? Yoobin? San E? Most likely the latter, cuz it called for Limmie to utter "sh!t" once. San E also uttered "sh!t" thrice, albeit both pronouncing it more as "sshhh". Okay, I just found out 쉿 can mean 'Shh' or 'Sh!t', depending on context. Giving them the benefit of the doubt.

So many quotable quotes too. 

"I sing, I dance. Talking sh!t about me? / It ain't cool, shut up & dance boy" (Hello, antis.)

"You foxes acting like kings in the jungle, watch out! / The tiger is back for real / We Wonder Girls, we back to spread the wonder" (Hmm, that World Map of the Girlgroup during mid-year? Heehee, maybe Jane Kim had input too.)

"Tri-ple crown ... Went to America. Billboard Hot 100... Now we’re movie stars" (You tell 'em, girl!)

She was even rapping one sentence in Chinese, (the translation is: "I can rap away in Chinese").

- - - - - - - - - -

V

kpoptown.com, dvdheaven.com or yesasia.com if you want the CD album (with or without poster).

iTunes if you want the digital album.

Guest incomplete.

Question! I haven't purchase the album yet because I would like to know where I should buy it so that it would be the most beneficial to the girls?

So much awesomeness going on with this come back I might just die of happiness!

Guest angieecherry

Question! I haven't purchase the album yet because I would like to know where I should buy it so that it would be the most beneficial to the girls?

kpoptown or dvdheaven

this album is really amazing

i love me, in.

Guest sushii-viet

Uhm you can buy from K-WF (POOHNIDA @Twitter), otherwise Kpoptown, Kpopmart, Dvdheaven, yesasia.

They all count for Hanteo chart.

I think it's written on the first page of this thread.

I want to inform the Wonderfuls even if Wonder Girls did get an ALL-KILL, we shouldn't be relaxed!

I saw today many sones somehow felt threathed about our queens comeback! 

The international fans, sones they will pursue SNSDs album on the third and fourth week, which means this week and next, so SNSD will be at the top.

Anyways I LOVED THE NEW ALBUM! SO HAPPY THAT THEY WILL PROMOTE TWO SONGS!

CONGRATULATION WONDER GIRLS FOR ACHIEVING AN ALL-KILL :D

Guest chanounette

I want to inform the Wonderfuls even if Wonder Girls did get an ALL-KILL, we shouldn't be relaxed!

I saw today many sones somehow felt threathed about our queens comeback! 

The international fans, sones they will pursue SNSDs album on the third and fourth week, which means this week and next, so SNSD will be at the top.

Anyways I LOVED THE NEW ALBUM! SO HAPPY THAT THEY WILL PROMOTE TWO SONGS!

CONGRATULATION WONDER GIRLS FOR ACHIEVING AN ALL-KILL :D

Are you serious? I understand that people can be die-hard fan but at the point to purchase album once again just to "block" other to be at the top....I'm ok for friendly competition but at this point it's no more friendly..

Anyway, I've read a lot of positive comments on AKP about the album. Frankly, It made me so happy for the girls. Reading comments by non-Wonderfuls saying they were impressed by the QUALITY of the album - i've been moved since a lot of people said they were a failure - they did nothing besides nobody etc... It's just like, now ,they acknowledge all the work WG did all this time and that they went in US not for nothing

Guest never_seen1

I love the new MV !!! It's soooo Wonder Girls--- its their style and thats exactly what they said they would do--- not change but improve. Its their unique color. Plus give it some time, I don't think there has ever been a time when a song comes out without everyone saying its weird or they don't like it, they will all fall for it sooner or later ;).

P.S. their album is also an all kill, everyone should purchase it!

Also come on wonderfuls why is everyone complaining about it sounding christmassy, I mean come on we are in the Christmas season---- Enjoy it!

(If I'm a little off topic sorry I just finished reading a couple of messages-- and that was my conclusion.)

Now for my favorite song it would have to be Sun's & Yenny's solo---- it just melts my heart away <3 <3 <3

Guest `starry.night

I have a question, does anybody know when the k-wonderfuls are going to do the bundle order? or if they are still going to do it? There hasn't been any information yet. I want to buy the physical copy too but I wanted to get it from them first before deciding to go to kpoptown/dvdheaven/yesasia...

Guest jagerbomb

Ok after listening to the whole album, Be My Baby is still just an okay song for me. The rap part in particular doesn't sound like it flows well & they kept ONE? hairstyle throughout the whole MV but I will still support the girls. 

I do however, LOVE G.N.O !!!!!!!!!!! & ALL the other songs on the album! (but I think Lim shouldn't rap ..) 

One thing I will point out is how they distribute the lines for title tracks, I've noticed JYP always lets Sohee+Lim/Sunmi sing the verse then Yeeun and Sunye the chorus. I've always believed sunye and yeeun should sing some parts of the verse(like in So Hot) because its really important & they DO have the best voices in the group. I'm not against letting sohee/Lim have alot of singing parts I actually love how JYP is so generous to the "weaker" singers in the group unlike other idol groups whom would only get one line or a couple throughout the song, but when sohee or Lim gets half the verse each I think they could have stuck sunye or yeeun's powerful voice in there somewhere >.<

& I miss sunmi's husky voice !

Guest wonderful ♡

I agree with jagerbomb. I love love love all the girls to death but honestly I think Yeeun and Sunye should've gotten more parts. It's really a shame they always get to sing only the chorus parts, which is short and repetitive. And usually there would be a climax in the song with someone doing a high pitch sort of thing (lol idk how to phrase it) but there's none in BMB. I do love the song though, it grows on you the more you listen to it. The mv is gorgeous, though I wish it was in colour. All of them look fantastic. Sohee has grown up to be such a beautiful lady. I still want to kill the hairstylist for always giving Sunye the worst hairstyle.

Honors for Be My Baby:

MMjeG.png

DON'T FORGET TO WATCH THEIR MV ON KOREAN SITES TOO!

Melon, Dosirak, Bugs, Naver, Mnet

Archived