Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest xjjjLOVE

Still no teaser....this is keeping me on edge!

Even though this is killing me-- JYP is doing a marvelous job at getting people's attention!

No doubt Korea is waiting on it's tippy toes for what's to come next!!

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is flying with pages everyday.  Any time during the day you come to visit this thread, there are often 2-4 new pages waiting for you to read.  Choosing which comment to read is a luxury now and it is no longer like those days in the past year you could only read the same page or so repeatedly (I did).  This is a very good sign for this thread as all active wonderfuls and waking wonderfuls just keep coming here.   They post, they read, they upload, they link and they just to do something here.  The people around the palace of Wonder are just too pumped up to see the Queen's coming out to dominate again.

Some people are bit worried about winning Korean awards or whatever.  I am sure that it will be either all-kills on charts and almost all-kills on charts.  After all we can't totally deny nor not respect the power of the other group.  However we can see the timing for both are just almost perfect that both should somewhat avoid direct confrontation and 'kill' all others along the friendly competition.   Please bear in mind that the queen's comeback is a warm up for their US album and movie,  therefore you ain't see nothing yet until 1st quarter of 2012.

Don't begrudge others for overtaking the Mnet 'Nobody' video. 

Let's be proud of the 3-year feat cuz, to paraphrase Kilroy, "we were there."

No need to downplay the achievement either. For v1.0 fans, the video marked one heck of a comeback, by recording WG's Korean pinnacle (they have nothing left to conquer by Feb 2009) &, as I've argued, stemming what was a down year in industry sales revenue.

For v2.0 fans, it was a seminal event: the most viral video in spreading Kpop internationally &, as Mnet themselves tweeted this year, one of the greatest Kpop performances of all time. 

In retrospect, it also commemorated how big the v2.0 fanbase was. 

As I recall, the clip had about 3 million views prior to the Jobros tour (mid 2009) & reached about 15 million when Sunmi left (Jan 2010). 

Despite the latter setback, WG's global trek for the rest of 2010 helped it generate to about 48 million views by year's end. That's an amazing 33 million increase in 11 months!

The improved viewership was also almost 5 times than what the Jobros/Nobody English EP impetus brought. In other words, the 2010 spike was accomplished by WG themselves -- truly world singers!

Edit: I did a quick check. Online mentions said the clip hit 40 million in Oct 2010, & 50 million in April 2011. Imagine what could've happened if WG had continued to stay active or visible this year.

Edit II: Speaking of which, I wished Mnet had uploaded WG's MAMA performance on its channel. For sure, it could've helped sustain online interest in WG in 2011. Their decision still bewilders me to this day. Truthfully, the record viewership feat belongs more to Mnet since they hosted the clip. Yet they seemed happy to ride on WG's bandwagon for the past 2 years (WG has their top 3 most popular clips & a 4th in the top 10), exploiting the increased traffic by uploading new clips (they only started spamming their channel from 2010) while promoting Mnet 20's Choice & SuperstarK & such. Yet no reciprocity for WG by sharing the girls' M!Countdown stages or MAMA 2010.

- - - - - - - -

On MAMA 2011 in SG: 

The rumor here is JYPE may send only missA, but discussions are still ongoing. It's said Mnet is leaning towards having SME artistes headlining this edition -- which will undoubtedly help both sides' reconciliation, but IMO also rule out WG & 2PM since the latter pair are considered 'superstar' status. But SME is separately negotiating a new SM Town concert & may skip the event. On its part, Mnet has moved the date to a Tuesday to not burden Kpop artistes attending rival music shows.

Don't know about you guys but I really hope that their will either be a studio recorded version of Yenny's Smile or that the actual song will be on their comeback album. It would be awesome to hear the girls as a group sing it or who knows they could each have a solo track on the album each (highly unlikely). It would be a shame if it isn't on their album though cause it brings a smile to my face every time I hear it, that is what music is all about being able to connect with its listeners.

YENNY - SMILE

Another clip of Ye Eun singing but its a cover for the song. It was through this clip I ended up finding out about this song and fell in love with it. Ye Eun's voice just blew me away the first time I heard it and she wasn't even hitting big notes. I also would love for their to be a ballad or two on the album as well cause they are on of few groups that can actually pull off singing ballads or slow songs.

WE WERE IN LOVE BY LYN - YE EUN COVER

(Gotta love the Sunmi - Ye Eun love ^^)

Guest savoir vivre

hmmmn.. WG reminds me of Ahn Soojin/Choi Yoori in the fic Welcome to the Underworld.

WGs are the queens among the Kings. Then they left to fulfill a big mission, just a lot of people are forgetting about them, They return with a BANG! :)))

forgive this silliness. :) kk.

Oh, you've read WTTU too??

I'm a big fan of Con.template's stories!!

hehehe xD.

And yes!!! The comeback of Soo Jin as the QUEEN  of the underworld somewhat resembles the upcoming COMEBACK of THE REAL QUEENS OF KPOP.

Gosh..I'm getting goosebumps! <3

Guys, I know losing out to the competition on YouTube is disappointing, but 3 years of domination is a record per se. Let's be proud.

I thought that to fight the good fight it would be better to increase the views of the official Wonder Girls videos (the ones of the wondergirls channel on YouTube).

The official videos earn money to our girls because a part of the YouTube ads is paid to them as content owners. It's a small amount per view but adding up it becomes a respectable bonus that Wonderfuls can increase with little effort.

With MNet channel videos it is highly probable that the advertising fees go juts to MNet because they rightfully own the broadcast of the performances.

To increase the official videos view, just go to the Wonder Girls Facebook page and play 2DT in the player. The Facebook player will cycle non-stop 6 videos of the wondergirls channel on YouTube.

http://www.facebook.com/wondergirlsworld

--

BTW, thanks for publishing the correrction on NY Post.

Guest aloversrendezvous

To all the 150+ guests, I hope you guys join soompi and our fanclub.

I see lots of guests every day.

It takes seconds to join. :3

It would be super awesome to see a subforum for our girls

and hopefully reach the third thread before the girls' comeback.

One post will do, Wonderfuls are like a family, we welcome everyone. (:

Btw, I love how the thread become much more active bringing new Wonderfuls and return of old Wonderfuls,

I love seeing 2~5 pages every day makes me happy.

I agree. I hope more of the guest will become members soon. It really doesn't take that long to join soompi and the fanclub. So if you're reading this and you are a guest, join soompi and join the fanclub! We won't bite. :)

There are currently 4544 members. 456 members to go! Let's do it.

Guest glamorousCHIC

I donno how to..sorry i'm just new here..:P

Hello HeySilheo! Welcome to the Wonderful family & at Wonder Girls' official soompi thread II. Enjoy your stay here and spazz with us ^_^.

If you need any help, feel free to ask me or our fellow wonderfuls :)

OK WonderFuls!!! I know u've been waiting for this for sooooooooooooo long kkkkkkkkk ~~!!! Now the METHODs on how to make the QUEENS getting NO.1 in music programs are already translated!!! w00t.gif

Read carefully the contents... and let's make the girls win!! Again and Again~

ORIGINAL BY @WGPeterPan_Y (깝치는박에은) + TRANSLATED BY @WGhotkk (핫크) @ WONDERCUTY (WGW) wub.gif Help to spread the wonder, you can re-translate to your own language but you CANNOT cut the credit given ^^

http://twitpic.com/75xmd4 http://twitpic.com/75xmaw

gr7qG.jpg

FOLLOW CAREFULLY THE INSTRUCTIONS!!!! laugh.gif

Guest HeySilheo

Hello HeySilheo! Welcome to the Wonderful family & at Wonder Girls' official soompi thread II. Enjoy your stay here and spazz with us ^_^.

If you need any help, feel free to ask me or our fellow wonderfuls :)

hahaha..Thank you Wonderful Denny...Surely will enjoy here..Kamsahamnida!

Thanks for sharing the tutorials heartmiso. I'm so glad that there are instructions for all the music sites. :) Lets try our best, WonderFuls. :D

Coolsmurf has updated Wonder Girls Wonderland. It's been such a long time I've missed Coolsmurf's Wonder Girls Wonderland so much! I wonder if he's going to start updating more often from now on, as Wonder Girls' comeback is getting closer and closer and WonderFuls have come out from hiding. :P

Yubin casts her vote for Seoul’s mayoral election

Credit: coolsmurf 

20111026_yubin.jpg?w=354&h=472

Ahead of theWonder Girls’impending comeback next month, rapperYubin has uploaded a certification shot of her going to the polls this afternoon.

At around 1pm on October 26th, Yubin tweeted the photo (left) and said, “In the midst of voting~”

Yubin is seen posing for the camera with a straight face, with minimal makeup on and sporting glasses.

Guest big_face

YES, i definitely will do THE MUSIC-PLAYING instruction....... Let make WONDER GIRLS get the TRIPPED CROWN in music TV show.... can't wait ! :wub: I think this next Monday we will get the Teaser or at least the Picture, i guess hahaha!

Guest cornnie

It would be awesome to hear the girls as a group sing it or who knows they could each have a solo track on the album each (highly unlikely).

The solo track might not be too far-fetch because I have a Chinese friend who said that in Sunye Baidu Club (not the Bar but the restricted club) has a rumor thread and one of the rumors is that. Although it is put as rumor but my friend say for those rumors that can be verified, the accuracy there is usually 90%.

Regardless, this album is going to be a blast for sure! We have wait so long for new songs so I am sure this wait is going to pay off.

Hi there wonderfuls

NO teaser 2day :( .. NP I can wait

About MAMA2011 I really want WG to attend they were the best last year .. AHHHH good days good days :rolleyes:

JYP is a smart man .. he know how to make us more and more excited B)

I trust JYP & WG blush.gif

Guest my2wonder

my2wonder

may I use your pic for my ava twitter ???

sure :D its for you all

Guest Hideayu

Just wanna share something. I would like to thank to Sunye cause she showed a really beautiful song, "What are words" i thought his name is George Medina !!keke yeah i'm wrong, and i really surprise but not so~ after seeing the top comment.

sunye.png

Archived