Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

I think it all depends on JYP's and the Queens' decisions on whether they will attend this year's MAMA or not. Since the Queens' name is big enough and will attract more viewers in terms of rating. the MAMA organizer can find any reasons to invite the Queens as a guest performer if both parties agree to do so. Since the Queens will promote in Korea for about one month followed by Asian promotions in Asian regions, so it'd be possible to perform in th MAMA. We, international fans, won't be able to attend the MAMA being held in Singapore but it'd be a good news for Singaporean fans if so.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as far as i remember, the girls didn’t win anything at MAMA 2010. International artist award was given to Far East Movement.

MAMA 2011 will be held on November 29th and the girls’s comeback is on November 7th, they will have something new to perform with. there’s still a change for them to participate at this event.

i hope they will participate too at Melon Award 2011, is on November 24th. the girls’ winning something at award shows is like a cherry on top for me, all i want to see is their special stage performance ^_^

Guest VenusValentine

If the girls decide to attend, they will perform new songs from Korea album, as special guest (without winning any awards like last year) and MAMA 2012 they can winning award by using their US songs with global award or something, cause honestly, Korea award show not really legit if you understand what i mean :D, but it's the girls special stage that valid the show :ph34r:

However, it's JYP and the girls decide to go or not ^^ :D

Last years MAMA the girls attend was kept till the last couple of they, i think it's because of the conflict between Mnet and other broadcast in Korea, If i remember correctly, they list the girls will attend before but it's take off just like this till couple of day before the show. So just wait untill last day to see if they will go or not. (hope that they will :wub: )

P/S: OMG!!! i need teaser like NOW >.< :ph34r:

Guest jcsmark

^

The cut off date for MAMA awards is the end of this month, so WG's upcoming Korean album qualifies for MAMA 2012.

I do hope that Wonder Girls will attend MAMA this year in Singapore, It'll be a good way to promote their new song as special guests like last year.

New York Post deleted the article about the "Jonas crime" posted a few pages back by wonderstuck and updated it with this article.

20111025153213.jpg

NewYorkPost

Wonderfuls~

I think it's our girls' lovely manager in the US, Jane's birthday!~ :wub:

Well, judging from Lim's tweet anyway.

fdf.jpg

So guys, tweet Jane a little something and wish her a happy birthday for looking after our girls for all these years~ (that the girls has spent in America lol)

Not really WG-news but still :sweatingbullets:

Guest savoir vivre

well i really hope that Wg would attend MAMA. I miss them seeing and winning in award shows. And besides no performance could top WG's epic performances in award shows... probably because they are my bias but a lot of people who are not fans of WG says that they give the best performances in every award ceremonies. xD ..

Well yeah, it's the Wonder Effect.

these are my favorite perfs from them ^^

Guest Sue_Sue

I think that everyone could already know about this, but I think I should repeat. Could u help to spread this announcement to all WFs???!!! We’ll be really thankful 4 ur help^__^ Because we don’t know where teaser will be released, so to all WFs that:”When teaser, video are released, don’t reupload or post video on forums but give direct link lead to official WGs’YOUTUBE Account to increase view 4 video (include MV)!!! ”

Thanks!!!Have a nice day!!! ^~^

I think that everyone could already know about this, but I think I should repeat. Could u help to spread this announcement to all WFs???!!! We’ll be really thankful 4 ur help^__^ Because we don’t know where teaser will be released, so to all WFs that:”When teaser, video are released, don’t reupload or post video on forums but give direct link lead to official WGs’YOUTUBE Account to increase view 4 video (include MV)!!! ”

Thanks!!!Have a nice day!!! ^~^

Thats a great plan.We need to beat other video.So we will prove them who the are the real queens.!!!!Spread this!!!

Guest Sue_Sue

Thats a great plan.We need to beat other video.So we will prove them who the are the real queens.!!!!Spread this!!!

Thank u so much, Wonderful ^__^

Let's spread this announcement to all WFs !!!!!!

Guest hrmmmhum

I checked Wonder girls performance @ Mnet 2day and we are not the top Kpop video any more

That's so sad tears.giftears.gif

I was so proud of this video but suddenly every body forget it :( :(

Honestly, though, Sones actually started a campaign to have the most-viewed K-Pop video and to have WG and Wonderfuls not have that -- I think it's because articles kept publicizing it.

If you went to SNSD's Gee MV, they really were saying that they have to beat WG, were quoting the articles, and posting sites to automatically raise Youtube video views. They also went from 32,000,000 views a month or two before so you know it was deliberate.

At least we know that we have that video and the most views for a performance and mnet the fair way. If you look at our video, a lot of the comments in the past years have been from people being introduced to the song, WG, and K-Pop for the first time :) No matter what, this will always be a great feat.

^

The cut off date for MAMA awards is the end of this month, so WG's upcoming Korean album qualifies for MAMA 2012.

I do hope that Wonder Girls will attend MAMA this year in Singapore, It'll be a good way to promote their new song as special guests like last year.

^ But WG's album won't be released this month?

Yeah, I don't think WG won anything at MAMA last year, but they still performed.

Since so many JYPE artists came back this year, they probably will get nominated and I doubt that they would let only a select few of their artists go to MAMA when they have such a good relationship and when it's WG.

Plus, this should be a really good segue for WG promotions in Asia in the next month as you said ("It'll be a good way to promote their new song").

I'm really hoping some strings can be pulled for WG to be nominated T_T it would be nice...I don't know if that would be fair, though. And of course, if they do attend, we'd get those special stages and performances which would be amazing enough.

Articles with WG mentions:

I don't think this has been posted. It's allkpop's coverage of a NY Daily News article and it focuses more on the recent KBS festival and SMTown concert.

NYDailyNews discusses the Hallyu Wave, SNSD, Wonder Girls, 2NE1 & more

by lawlietta

After seeing the frenzy outdoors, MTV’s executive vice president Peter Griffin commented, “I haven’t seen this in years … It reminds me of when ‘N Sync was here and the fans lined up around the studio.”

Cedarbough Saeji, a Ph.D. candidate at UCLA in culture and performance with a focus on Korean culture, commented, “[K-pop music videos are] just slick, extremely well produced, always have different themes that really capture audiences’ attentions … The production value is very sophisticated. Every k-pop video is as high quality as any top American act like Lady Gaga or Britney Spears, but the image is a lot cleaner, less sexualization.”

The feature also highlights the Wonder Girls‘ upcoming official debut in the American tween market with their TeenNick movie as well as their past experiences with the Jonas Brothers and more.

Read the article in its entirety here!

[i'm posting the NY Daily News article so I'm linking it later in this comment ^]

Cr: allkpop

The Korean invasion: New Yorkers are screaming for the new wave of pop stars

BY DAVID YI

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Now arriving in New York City: The South Korean phenomenon known as "hallyu," or "Korean Wave."

Already a craze in Asia, the wave has opened the floodgates of K-Pop in France, Brazil, Germany and Australia. Now it's about to take over New York.

And singing isn't the only thing these young performers do. The American tween market gets its introduction to K-Pop next year when the Wonder Girls — a five-member group that once toured with the Jonas Brothers — star in a made-for-TV movie for TeenNick.

Cr: New York Daily News

The focus isn't on WG but it's still interesting, so here's the links:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

This article also only mentions WG, but it's interesting information about the industry given that WG will be coming back soon.

I just cut out portions of this article, too.

Report Cards for idol groups revealed, which groups have been dominating this year?

by carolicity

When the album chart was reviewed, it was clear that idols had a stronger influence on album sales than in digital sales. For the album charts from the same period, idol groups had 69 albums out of the top 100, and the entire top 10 (from 1st to 10th) were all albums belonging to idol groups.

–> Girl groups dominate online sales (mp3), while boy groups dominate offline sales (CD)

Girl groups clearly dominated the digital charts. Out of the 51 idol group songs in the top 100, 31 (61%) of those were by girl groups.

In contrast, boy groups had a strong hold over the offline or physical album sales this year.

–> Girl groups to dominate the rest of the year

Girl groups are expected to continue their streak for the remainder of this year. With groups such as SNSD, Wonder Girls, T-ara, and SECRET having already made or planning to make their respective comebacks by November of this year, the fans’ anticipation has been growing.

In addition, the popular boy groups will all be targeting the overseas market, leaving the Korean market wide open for the girl groups to dominate.

<Idols vs Non-idols Digital Market Share>

(Survey period: 1/2/2011 ~ 10/1/20112011, Digital Chart Top 100)

Idols: 56% (11,079,642,386 Gaon points)

Non-idols: 44% (8,750,954,178 Gaon points)

※Gaon points: streaming + MP3 download + BGM sales + mobile sales

<Idols vs Non-idols Album Market Share>

(Survey period: 1/2/2011 ~ 10/1/20112011, Album Chart Top 100)

Idols: 81% (3,063,899 copies sold)

Non-idols: 19% (707,498 copies sold)

Source + Photo: Herald Biz via Naver

Cr:allkpop

Guest WG.theQUEENS

well to be honest, i don't take snsd  youtube views seriously.. xD.. lol. 

we all know that YT views can be hacked or paid or tampered in whatever way possible, not to mention some desperate and diehard fans who are so competitive and are paranoid that their biased group may lose to another. 

Hype articles also play a vital role in this and we are all aware how many articles 'that' group has not only here in soompi but also in other sites as well.

hmm... it's a marketing skill, that's technically wise but practically prejudiced. 

i think JYP should really improve his promotional skills if he wants WG to dominate again. 

but anyway, at least we all know the legitimacy of the views and awards WG has and JYP never stoop to that level of marketing :P:D

Guest hrmmmhum

Sohee tweeted Jane happy birthday

WGsohee Sohee An

@JANEyjK HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Have a wonderful time-**

And chooney7 @ Twitter tweeted ^^

Chooney7 Randy Chung

미소짓게 되는 대답 ^^ 'Wonderful' is the best!!! yfrog.com/oedn4hlj

^ I think he said the reply made him smile? The image:

isthebest.jpg

FYI, there's Wonder Fashion @ Tumblr updates

I have to go back to work and my internet is very slow today so I can't post them right now

(^ my internet's been down the past two days so I haven't posted :[ It's been hard to check the forum, because I'm busier with college/classes/extracurriculars this year, but I keep thinking of WG because of the comeback <3 When I think about it, I get really anxious, my body gets stiff/tense, and my heart beats quicker LOL just like JYP hahah )

WonderFacts @ Twitter has also been posting really cute and funny tweets. I guess I'll post them later

to me ,get the most views on youtube doesnt make me proud much

if we can make the most sales on the cds , i will more proud

look like we are more excited than when 2DT comeback ..haha

hello for all new and old wonderfuls here

Guest jcsmark

Wonder Girls at the Apollo - Day 5 of filming (September 30). Photo taken when WG were filming at the club set here

I see Yeeun in this photo

20110930day5filming.jpg

Credit rockleer@twitter

Guest savoir vivre

uhmm.. so it's not  really confirmed if they're attending? but what about that article that says that they're coming???

Well, they'll be able to promote the song further if they'll perform it there :)

Guest loveeeWG

Come on Wonderfuls in this thread! post away! show your excitement and enthusiasm for WG comeback. keke it doesnt hurt to show your love ^^ We all love WG here ^^ Registering and creating a account at soompi only takes a few minutes. Can we have our 3rd thread before WG comeback? ^^

EDIT: I TOPPED THE PAGE! YAY!

Some WG goodness~ from their KTF ever CF~

soheecute3.gif

sunbincute.gif

sunmisuneyyoobincute.gif

yemicute.gif

yoobinsexy-1.gif

wgcute2.gif

soheecute.gif

CREDIT TO tooriginal

tumblr_lrhpntVn0f1qco1zjo1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_loshgvAUuc1qakljco1_500.gif

tumblr_ltnehpVha31r3k0i9o1_500.gif

tumblr_lte5b2jq6q1qh8uflo1_500.gif

WONDERGIRLS ARE BACK! <3

credit to WonderfulWondergirls on Tumblr ^^

Loving my spam!

Guest savoir vivre

I really do hope that we could start a 3rd thread before Wg's comeback.

It would be really great! 

I mean, we could start spazzing with the new album on the initial pages of the third thread ^^

hmmmn.. WG reminds me of Ahn Soojin/Choi Yoori in the fic Welcome to the Underworld.

WGs are the queens among the Kings. Then they left to fulfill a big mission, just a lot of people are forgetting about them, They return with a BANG! :)))

forgive this silliness. :) kk.

Archived