Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

I really like how sleeping wonderfuls are waking up orderly for the queens' upcoming activities including Korea comeback and the unfold of their US debut. As for always active wonderfuls, they've been around and now are all standing by. It is like the people been standing around a palace of wonder and inside the queens are finally comin' out.

On a Korea TV show recently, they had a report about the return of the queens and that's how Korean media seeing the queens. they are also hyped about the queens' return.  so don't say the queens have been forgotten.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest V.Wonderful_Mike

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Wonder Girls confirm comeback date, talk new sound and rivalry with SNSD

Can you believe that it’s been almost two years since K-Pop’s former Queen Bees, the Wonder Girls,  released their last single, the brilliant “2 Different Tears”? Yup,  it’s really been that long, and it feels even longer considering that  their previous single before that, the iconic “Nobody”, first came out  in 2008.

It’s been a long and bumpy road for the Hallyu pioneers, but they’ve finally penciled in a date for their official comeback: November 19.  But the Wonder Girls won’t be the same retro ladies that we all knew  back in the day — they’re revamping both their sound and image to  reclaim their spot at the top of the girl group pyramid.

We’re not sure if it will be a full album or a mini-album yet
,”
for Wonder Girls’ agency, JYP Entertainment. “
But  it will be different from “Tell Me”, “So Hot”, and “Nobody” from the  past. Pop urban dance songs will be the core of this album, and you can  expect a transformation from the Wonder Girls
“.

The change in sound is being attributed to the group’s starring role in the upcoming Teen Nick movie, Wonder Girls at the Apollo,  which will air in America early next year. The songs from their  upcoming Korean album will also be recorded in English for the movie’s  official soundtrack, which will also double as their debut English album  (think along the lines of Mariah’s Glitter).

So far the girls have recorded with the likes of Claude Kelly, Nick Jonas, Wynter Gordon, and Darkchild. Some of the tracks that will appear on their new album are “Like Money” and “Be My Baby”.

On top of announcing their comeback plans, Wonder Girls have also had to address the elephant in the room: SNSD.  As we all know, Wonder Girls used to be K-Pop’s head honchos before  they hightailed it over to America, leaving their post abandoned and  allowing SNSD to become the biggest thing in Asia since BoA. Tensions  between both fan camps have been touchy ever since, and it didn’t help  matters when SNSD’s American producer, Teddy Riley, recently called Wonder Girls “flops” and vowed that SNSD would outdo their Stateside success.

It would be a lie to say that we do not care about SNSD’s comeback timing
,” a JYP rep said. “
However, instead of focusing on competition we will focus more on making a better album
.”

That’s it, Wonder Girls: Take the high road, then throw in some subtle shade about how you make better music than SNSD!

Everybody likes a bit of vicious cat-fighting friendly  competition, but there’s really not even going to a whole lot between  SNSD and Wonder Girls as it is. Their comebacks are a whole month apart,  and Wonder Girls’ promotional cycle will be short so they can head back  to America to continue preparing for their US relaunch, so this isn’t  going to be the bloody K-Pop battle that we were all secretly hoping to  see.

Still, I don’t think people are fully realizing how big Wonder Girls  comeback could potentially be. Wonder Girls are icons in K-Pop, and  although their back catalog is small, they’ve always had a quality over  quantity approach that’s kept their discography on heavy rotation for  years. There’s a huge appetite to have the original divas back in action  after so long away, and judging by their recent http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4lOv94KJRE, they’ve improved dramatically in terms of talent.

Don’t count the them out just yet, people!

Source: http://www.theprophe...valry-with-snsd

So is it really November 19 REALLY? I think my heart just drop. Guys this is it, I am going crazy; but I'll wait til there be confirmation from JYPE. AHH why can't November come any faster.

I laugh a little but I was reading and it say that they already have two songs and one of them call "like money" I know it a silly title but hell I can't wait. Plus Be my baby, sound cute, I wonder if it a ballad. Holy man I am late but did it say that the girls is working with Darkchild? He a great producer and he work with almost every famous celeb we know in the book. That is amazing, I went to look up his Wiki and our girls name is on the list of artists he work with :)

here is some of his work http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XforVvDhQ7M that are hit. I can't wait

to hear that song he produce.

Those dancers picture got me a little, I thought it was the girls at first. So I guess the dancer outfit give us an idea what the concept they going for. It going for sexy I guess. :DD

Yay It just feel like 07-08 all over again, where we in here waiting for their comeback and going crazy over guessing their concept and song.

Guest yubin4ever

Wait. I just went to the link with the news and is that blog reliable?? Has he been reliable in the past? He didnt have a source or anything. I just want to know because I dont want to fully spazz out yet without being sure

even though i really cant help it now and am spazzing out uncontrollably just seeing a specific date and WG korean comeback in the same sentence :sweatingbullets:

Im going to be checking their twitters all day now lol

JYP YOU NEED TO CONFIRM THIS!!

OH MY GODDDDD~~

i wish its true....gaaaahhhh~~

can't wait..oh my god...i really want to

see their concept..

now our QUEENS comeback is hyping up the KPOP

scene...it's getting alive again..not only wonderfuls...

teddy riley, hey you..watch and learn how our QUEEN

work their thing...

i'm not sure anymore about this comeback date. i retweeted Instiz's tweet about this, but they deleted it hours later.

lB1Vx.jpg

so i'm hoping their korean comeback is in early of November! ^_^

about two title songs at TheProphetBlog's article, all i can say that he knows a LOT about WG's movie. so let's just wait!

OMG ! ! ! ! !

Finally, I feel like crying!!! We have a date!!! NOVEMBER 19 BEST DAY OF THIS YEAR!!! I'm sooo excited~ and after seeing the pics of the back-up dancers, I really think they'll have a sexy/dark concept, which is exactly what I wanted =D Something like Now concept!!! and as much as I like their retro songs and their old concepts, I'm GLAD they'll change and come with something different!

I can't believe I feel so happy after reading 2 titles haha "Like Money" sounds cool and like a hot song =P "Be My Baby" is a ballad maybe? I hope so, it's a nice title! I can already imagine myself being addicted to these songs (yes I can predict future LOL).

and now that I think about it, November 19 is like 5days before my birthday, if they decide to make a comeback on M!Countdown then they'll have their comeback ON MY BIRTHDAY hahahaha I'll die of happiness if it happens LOL.

Anyway I have a question, so they'll have korean songs in their album, but then they say they'll also translate these songs for their US movie, so does it mean the songs they'll promote in Korea are the songs that they recorded in US with Claude Kelly etc.? That would be weird, I though the songs with Claude Kelly etc. were for US only and that they would have different songs for the korean comeback... This is confusing, I think I didn't understand this part hahaha.

Also I really like how JYP is answering to all the competition thing, I think it's very mature (learn Teddy, learn) and I seriously wish the best to our girls, I know they'll have a lot of support (I can already see many Wonderfuls waking up and posting here ^^). Let's support them all the way! Competition can be good sometimes, it's forcing companies to try harder and to give better songs and concepts, I think JYP is also feeling like this so they'll probably try to give us the best of WG!!! Nice! I can't wait for their comeback and for everything....OMG!!!

so I was right the girls are still recording for the album I dont know but I think JYPE chanaged their planes and they will make the girls comeback with a full album instead of mini album

according to the article that was posted in allkpop the girls comeback will be the early of Novemeber

JYPE confirms that the Wonder Girls will not return to a ‘retro’ concept

20111017_wondergirls.jpg

With their comeback just around the corner, JYP Entertainment recently shed light on the Wonder Girls‘ preparations for their upcoming album and their thoughts on competing against SNSD.

JYP Entertainment stated on October 17th, “It’d be a lie if we said we’re not stressing over SNSD’s comeback. But because we’ll be standing in front of everyone after such a long period away, we’re concentrating more on bringing out a quality album.”

While the agency is still mum on the group’s comeback concept, they’ve confirmed that the girls will be breaking free from the ‘retro’ concept, as seen in “Tell Me”, “So Hot”, and “2 Different Tears”. Reportedly, the Wonder Girls have already completed recording their title track while traveling back and forth between Korea and the U.S.

“The members produced a lot of tracks while they were in the States. Even though they returned to Korea last week, they’re still very focused on their recordings. The title track will be very different from the ‘retro’ concept. We will be revealing a new image to the Wonder Girls,” said the representative.

One of the reasons why JYPE decided to steer away from ‘retro’ lies in how the group’s entire album will be installed in their upcoming U.S. movie, “The Wonder Girls at the Apollo”. The songs selected will not only be suitable for the movie itself, but will also aim to target the U.S. music market.

Although they’ve confirmed their comeback to be in early November, the official date has yet to be finalized, as the girls are still in the process of selecting the album’s remaining songs.

“Since it’s the first album to be released after such a long time, we’re putting a lot of care into each and every song. We will work to bring out a great album and show an awesome image on a perfect stage. We ask for your support.”

Source: Dispatch via Nate

Credit: AIIKPOP

^

OMG .. I was screaming from happiness when i read the news about our girls

guys this amazing .. I don't know what to say but really this gonna be HUGE comeback

BTW, BACK DANCERS?? <_< AND THEIR OUTFITS REMINDS ME OF "SINGLE LADIES" :vicx:

I don't want black concept , we already saw them in "NOW" , I was thinking of some Hip Hope style LOL

Any way, I will support them even if they made a children song :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I AM BACK WONDERFUL B!CHES! :P haha..alittle bit too excited..AHHH!! I haven't been into kpop for soooo longggggg! My first song that got into kpop was rain's it's raining..stopped listening at nobody era~ haha..anyways..I cant waitt!! Wynter Gordon's dirty talk is aweeesome!! u guys need to listen to this song! anyways..just to HYPE MORE WITH THEIR COMEBACK! I MADE WONDER GIRLS COMEBACK VIDEO!!!

---> COMING SOON! SORRY..STILL LOADING~

Subscribe me! I am part of the wonderfuls youtuber! I will try to make a music video with my friends of wonder girls comeback song when it comes! :D

oh! bring your tissue..of joy because we are finally doing this...and the video gives past, present, and future vibe! (i hope..) haha..feel like I am a wild fantastic over again~ :D

I am kind of freaking out right now..because when I try to go to wonderfulsworld.com..it's not working..LOL that means they are trying to update something? :P Idk..just being a crazy fan right now..haha

^Well true it seem like it not working, maybe they are updating something. Man I can already see when the comeback around the corner the site going to crash badly. So at least there still soompi :) ahaah

From the dancer picture do you guys think the girl will go for something dark and sexy? I don't know I don't see them going with that concept. It just the girls is always known to be different. Plus I'm sure jype might know that the dark concept is outdated in k-pop right now. Every other groups is trying to out do the others with their image. OH MAN COME ON GIVE US SOME HINT JYPE! AHHHHHHHHHH

Plus wouldn't the Now concept kind of to safe? and that something the girls don't do.

A few things my thoughts are on

1. I don't really mind whether it will be the 19th of November or a few days earlier or later. the reason is that before or after the 19th, everyone will be getting hyped already.  So it will probably make no difference a few days earlier or later.

2. What Teddy said about the queens is most likely his own personal act and has nothing to do with the other girl group or their agency.  that's my best guess.  People are simply not dumb enough to ask Teddy to do such unwise thing that will do them no good but harm. Frankly on the good side, it did give attentions to every party involved if you think about it.  It wasn't a 100% bad thing.

3. The queen's US album and movie are the ultimate project for the girls and JYP.  They will definitely not use those materials for the US album to be used for their Korea comback for sure.  My best guess is they will have other materials for their Korean full/mini album instead. The max would be using only 1 or 2 tracks from the US album materials if they did.

4. If they do set their comeback date on the 19th, then most likely we will start hearing and seeing things from the queens 2 weeks prior to the date.  The reason is that the queen can't just suddenly come out on stage singing their new song(s) and showing on tv on the comeback day on.  They will have to kick off their promotions of the comeback via media, tv, internet and so on before that.  Therefore 2 weeks beforehand is a good guess.  In another word, We will probably start hearing and seeing things from the queens in early November.

I will post more comments to share my thoughts on the queens' comeback with you as time goes by.  Just keep our fingers crossed and hope for a good news for the queens' comeback and the US debut.

Archived