Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest qoxie

I'm not really keen on the trending project either.

It's fine if WFs want to show their support, but IMO this proposal is not fair to Sunmi, WG, JYP or JYPE.

Sunmi, cuz she doesn't need this kind of pressure. Unfortunately, some diehards still haven't learnt after, geez, 16 months(?): Don't live your idols' lives FOR them. When she re-joined Twitter, I thought certain fansites promulgating "6 members" (in lieu of reporting WG's activities) wasn't a positive development at all. Potential converts, esp. Westerners, don't need this kind of convoluted misrepresentation.

WG, cuz the current lineup badly needs to focus ahead on what is probably their make-or-break opportunity in America. Like it or not, Sunmi's decision killed their momentum, possibly ruining it for good. (If she hadn't quit, WG would have likely released their 2nd single -- Tell Me or So Hot English versions -- in Jan 2010, gone on tour in Feb-Mar, released 2DT or equivalent in May or thereabouts & promote it into summer, & so on. Who knows, JYP might have also retained 'Bad Girl Good Girl' & 'Breathe' for WG, if all went well.) It look immense effort & patience to recover the lost ground & be where they are today. So, yes, I do consider any Sunmi project a distraction right now.

JYP, cuz of the wholly unnecessary backlash if the daydreamers gets hit by reality. To-rehash again: See JOO (similar predicament). JYP had announced her comeback in Dec 2009, but outside of a OST single in 2010, her formal return was only possible in early 2011. It's harder than fans think. Compounding matters, the JYP Nation stable has expanded by half since, so he's got to help develop even more music careers too. I also doubt JYP will trust Sunmi to persevere in the international arena again. She had missed Korea terribly, & I took that to mean (without blaming her) that she's more at home with the coddled Kpop lifestyle at home. JYP can help develop her on this domestic front -- remember the idea of her dueting on a side project to keep her active, before quickly backing off (presumably her mother drew the line) & letting her revert back to trainee status. I still think this remains her likeliest comeback option, if at all. 

JYPE, cuz the current sentiment is wholly media-generated. Despite them reiterating the status quo to the Korean press, the overseas reporters & translators took the story & ran with it, & now you have international fans reacting emotionally. Which is untimely. WG is currently contracted as a 5-member group. I honestly don't think their overseas partners are too keen on any extra member. Even in Korea, their existing commercial deals & advertisement campaigns would be rendered obsolete too. Imagine the legal fallout. (Also read shockedfan'scorner's insightful blog about Kpop heavily favoring 'odd numbers' for dance choreography, & that converting to 'even numbers' -- like what 2PM initially did without Jaebeom -- was visually unsymmetrical, i.e. someone was always blocked out.) That's why WG didn't stick as a quartet.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest beebella89

I agreed with what everyone above me said about the Sunmi situation 100%. I was afraid amieza would get bashed for stating his/her opinion, but I am glad everyone is seeing the situation with open eyes. 

Guest aloversrendezvous

^

I agree.  Thank you all for sharing your insights and thoughts. Only time will tell what will happen. :)

Anywho, Sohee's new twitter post. It looks like her birthday gifts have arrived in NYC.

tumblr_locf5qO8ov1qco1zjo1_500.jpg

@WGsohee It brings back my childhood memories- thank u!

Guest Shjsgnd

hi ...i saw alot of post bout sunmi here... just a piece of my mind...don't get me wrong.. i love sunmi... in fact.. she was my biased... but since she left...

i got soo frustrated of her and i keep thinking that she given up on WG.. i think she should toughen up and deal with the situation like the other girls...

i tot become a singer is her long lived dream.. but why did she gave u so fast?...i still don't understand that.. i'm not bashing... i just jotting out my opinion...

Sorry...

THIS. It is a good thing that WG and the WG fandom is so closely knitted that unlike some other groups, a member leaving is not so easily accepted. But looking at it from another perspective, it makes things very difficult for the new member and for the group to move on.

One wrong move by JYPE was to release the statement saying that Sunmi had temporarily left WG, giving fans hopes to cling onto and using it as an excuse NOT to accept Lim hoping that the original 5-membered group would be back. Of cos, back then we were all short-sighted and took consolation in that sentence.

I have absolutely no problems with Sunmi saying she need a break from showbiz and to get back to her studies, everyone has their thinking, and I support her decision to go back to her studies. Who knows, it might turn out that she made the wisest choice. Sorry if I'm a bit harsh, but there are lots of fans who claim to be 'for-the-sake-of-sunmi' but is actually just their own wish. They wish to see their favourite girl back in action.

You can't deny the fact that Sunmi's departure had left a lot of mess, though it is truly not her fault, but album delay, cracks in relationship among the members, hating, fans leaving etc. The group can't get together because of certain fans who kept believing in conspiracy and rumours and denying Lim a chance. All the mess that her departure left behind had to be clean up by the other members. And for those who said that all these achievements that WG had so far was the work of the original 5 members... think about how much more they could have acheived if Sunmi didn't leave. Now that she left, the other five are working harder than before. It took them more than a year to get back on track for their US album, and now that the US album is coming out soon, there is this news of her gonna come back? Just isn't fair. Many fans left not because Sunmi left, but because WG's plans were delayed and there were no new content to speak of.

Frankly speaking, I was very disappointed to know that Korean WG fanclubs would rather spend big bucks on celebration Sunmi day with those bus ads and stuff than actually spending for the current members. I don't really see them doing much for other members except during comeback in May last year? Maybe I was wrong since I'm not in their cafe. Since Sunmi had left, I think it is good she stays out of the spotlight but then she cam back with a twitter account which from the way she tweets, is no different from being a celebrity. I know creating a twitter account is her own personal thing, but the way she tweets back to fans and everything just gives false hopes to her fans and 'acting as if she is still an active member of WG'. And then, we have all those side-issues of her getting bash on twitter and what not.

I would have gladly accepted her back when it is a convenient time for her to be back and for this period I hope she keeps a low profile, just like any other. I wouldn't proposed her to comeback NOW, and since I am not sure of WG's plans in the future, I can't say when she should come back. But generally speaking, I would only want her back when WG decides to forgo their American dream.

Guest makihiro

I agree with most of the posts here, let us not pressure Sunmi to comeback..As much as we want to see Sunmi be with the Wonder Girls again, I think this is still not the right time. Not the right time for Sunmi cause I do not think that she is already ok to handle living in the US and being an artist there..And of course not the right timing for the Wonder Girls to welcome her back in the group since they are preparing for their US debut. Realistically speaking, the way things are going on with the Wonder Girls right now with them releasing their new albums, possible tours and movie adding Sunmi back at this time will again jeopardize things (just like what happened when she left)...

I think some of the Wonderfuls (who still cannot accept Sunmi leaving) should just accept that Sunmi is not coming back any moment now, and maybe not coming back at all..When she left I was really disappointed cause I thought she wanted to be World Star,, but cannot blame her though sometimes it is really hard to fight with your emotions. I just hope that this time, all of us Wonderfuls will be united despite of having different biases to support our girls. It's just so tiring to see posts about not accepting Lim and that Sunmi is better or editing lim's picture etc..

Just what like shjsgnd said, I kinda felt sad sometimes when some Wonderfuls had much money and time in celebrating any Sunmi event(correct me if I am wrong with observation) compared with the other girls..Oh well, let's all hope for the best and be positive..I am really excited with the upcoming US debut of our girls..Really praying that it'll be a huge success and all the sacrifices and hardships of all them (including the staff) will be all worth it :)

Guest wendysmark

Looks like most of us are on the same side ^^

I really feel sad when I saw Sunmi tweeting "I miss Sunmi-kajoa", then why she leave in the first place? But then I realised she might be too tired and need a break and I accepted it.

Hopefully WFs can do more for the other girls than Sunmi, like what shjsgnd and makihiro said, I wonder how the other girls feel when they see Sunmi receiving more love than them. Cos they are the ones slogging and keeping WG's flag flying. Keeping WG's flag flying is one way to show Sunmi their love because it will mean WG is still avialable for her when she comes back. If WG disband, then Sunmi can never be back.

About her twitter, I think she can write whatever she wants but sometimes she sound like she still want the fame but also want to study. You can't have best of both worlds sometimes, sigh.

I agreed with what everyone above me said about the Sunmi situation 100%. I was afraid amieza would get bashed for stating his/her opinion, but I am glad everyone is seeing the situation with open eyes. 

yeah, me too.. im afraid i get bashed for what i stated.. but this show's how great WONDERFULS are and how proud i am be be 1. We are one of the best fandom ever!!!

Thanks for the feedback!

Guest qoxie

Brief Japanese TV segment about newspaper coverage of JYP Nation concerts (2PM-biased):

[2PM] 2011.07.13 JYPNation concert news in japan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeLtxgDzJic

- - - - - - - - - -

JYPE officially launched of 2PM's & JOO's weibos today.

(They had all begun tweeting a couple days ago.) 

But their messages are similar to on what's on other social media, so most likely JYPChinafans is updating for them.

Hopefully WG gets their turn next...

http://weibo.com/joojype

http://weibo.com/2pmjunsu

http://weibo.com/2pmtaec

http://weibo.com/2pmwooyoung

http://weibo.com/2pmnichkhun

http://weibo.com/2pmjunho

http://weibo.com/2pmchansung

Guest makihiro

Wonder Girls was featured on KBS K-Wave Station, love how they described our girls--Queen of Retro, Trendsetter, and the one who started the trend of catchy songs with catchy dance steps..

Guest beceshawtti3

Wonder Girls was featured on KBS K-Wave Station, love how they described our girls--Queen of Retro, Trendsetter, and the one who started the trend of catchy songs with catchy dance steps..

when? recently?

Guest makihiro

when? recently?

Just a while ago after music bank, kbsworld k-wave station was aired and the girls were featured there..

Guest goldenGAZE

^Sohee looks fantastic! So beautiful and cute. I can't believe she's 20 already.

I love how we in this thread can have a mature discussion without it descending to chaos and people being labeled anti (i see in other artist threads people are quick to label on another as haters for having a different opinion). I know the girls are working their hardest now for their US album and what they need most is our support ^_^

Guest wonderr23

Wondergirls Sohee on NYLON TV Korea w/ eng sub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqSEilXwfRQ&feature=channel_video_title

credit: globalSUNlights

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nylon Korea celebrates Sohee’s 20th Birthday

by GhostWriter

20110715_soheenylon.jpg

Wonder Girls member Sohee will be featured on the upcoming August 2011 issue of Nylon Korea Magazine.

The Wonder Girl recently celebrated her 20th birthday which was the theme for her Nylon photo shoot. The staff members also surprised Sohee by presenting her with a birthday cake. A video for this photo shoot was recently revealed on Nylon TV Korea’s official YouTube channel.

The August issue of Nylon Korea Magazine is scheduled to hit newsstands on July 17th.

Credit: allkpop

aowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww my girl (eiei)

she 's too cute for words .. (i'm too much i know..haha)

i love her expression ,always unique cute and pure ... ^^

cant wait for official photoshoot

when? recently?

I watched it on K-wave Station tv show after watching today's music bank (15/July/2011).  it was about 5 mins long or so. it was very recent since it also mentioned their performance at special olympics closing ceremony.

Sohee's cuteness is one of Kpop icons since her debut. Years from now when people talk about Kpop history, Sohee will be one of the topics.

Guest *bluebutterfly*

Sohee's Nylon photoshoot is like it's a shoot for Sohee as a birthday special. ^^

tumblr_lodpeeV51l1qanahpo1_500.gif

tumblr_lodoqkGrxA1qanahpo1_500.gif

tumblr_lodpx0z9b61qanahpo1_500.gif

tumblr_lodpetRQLX1qakljco1_500.gif

tumblr_lodoofOPdW1qakljco1_500.gif

credit: wgworld @ tumblr

tumblr_lodrz3bdjs1qao1fjo1_500.gif

tumblr_lodrz3bdjs1qao1fjo2_500.gif

tumblr_lodrz3bdjs1qao1fjo3_500.gif

tumblr_lodrz3bdjs1qao1fjo4_500.gif

credit: ricemonsterr @ tumblr

Count on wonderfuls to have a peaceful discussion  wink.gif

Sohee look so cute~~~ forever the original maknae of kpop...

I'm dying to hear their new album...nervous too.. I want them to have a success both in the us and korea. But I dont know if these two countries have the same taste in music.. 

Guest qoxie

Haven't seen this specifically mentioned in the English reports, but Chinese news re-translations say KARA is eyeing late September.

I heard SNSD is still targeting October, so WG will be likely first past the gate... unless JYPE separates the American & Korean releases.

At any rate, it's clear the 3 agencies have been trying to guess one another's schedules.

91QLJ.jpg

Source: http://news.yule.com.cn/html/201107/93816.html

KARA's major comeback in September collides with SNSD's schedule

Yule.com 2011-07-15 16:04:55

Girlgroup KARA, one of the contemporary Hallyu Wave pioneers, is making a full Korean comeback in September.

According to music industry sources, KARA is targeting late September for their comeback & is already preoccupied with making their 3rd studio album. Ever more popular after releasing their Japanese single 'Go Go Summer', KARA has a busy schedule ahead as they mount a major comeback with their 3rd album.

KARA's upcoming comeback comes 10 months after their last mini-album 'Jumping' last November. The beginning of this year saw contract disputes among various group members. After the controversy subsided, the release of a brand new album, & a full studio album at that, has been unanimously welcomed by the majority of fans.

KARA has chosen to time their album release within the same period as quintessential Kpop girlgroups SNSD's & WONDERGIRLS's own comebacks. This 3-way stage showdown is thus attracting great attention.

SNSD & WG are also expected to release new albums this fall. Reportedly, they are already at the critical stage of their album production.

Prior, KARA had swept into the top 5 of the ORICON charts with their 'Mr.' & 'Jumping' songs in Japan. Their recent 4th single 'Go Go Summer' also sold 100,000 copies in its first week, which was a great result. Such momentum should not be underestimated.

Archived