Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest wonderr23

2AM celebrates their third anniversary with sweet messages to fans

by VITALSIGN

2AM is celebrating their third anniversary! On July 11th, the members all left sweet messages for their fans in celebration of the event.

Leader Jo Kwon kicked off the series of tweets by writing, “It’s already been three years since 2AM debuted. While thinking of July 11th, 2008, I get swept into a lot of reflections today. July is a meaningful month for us in so many ways. Our loving members and our loving I AM, let’s continue to go forward hand-in-hand. I love you.”

Jinwoon cheered, “Today is our third anniversary for our 2AM. Thank you so, so much for giving us this much love. Please continue to support us in the future and give us your love! I promise to become a 2AM that continues to improve, aja!”

Seulong wrote, “Time flies so fast! Thank you to everyone who congratulated us. This is something I’ve always said for the past three years, but I promise to become a 2AM that improves. Thank you.”

Changmin concluded, “It’s already our third anniversary. Thank you to everyone who’s loved us without change. Like I said the first time, until the day we become the nation’s singers, I will sing until my throat bursts!”

Labelmate Ye Eun from the Wonder Girls also parodied the group’s debut track, “This Song“, by writing, “Congratulations on 2AM’s birthday! I have nothing to give you except this message.”

Source + Photos: Star News via Naver

Credit: Allkpop

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wonder Girls’ Hye Lim reveals a cute selca

by ektha16

20110710_hyelim_selca.jpg

Wonder Girl’s Hye Lim delighted her fans with a cute sel-ca update!

Hye Lim tweeted, “This is me” and uploaded a picture of herself smiling prettily for the camera. Thanks to her long, wavy hair, it seems like Hye Lim evolved her personal style to something more mature and elegant.

Netizens commented, “Hye Lim is becoming even prettier” and “She is so cute!”.

Meanwhile, the Wonder Girls are currently preparing their next album in America.

Source + Image: Money Today via Naver

Credit: Allkpop

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest qoxie

OMG! ALPHA ENT (the JYP Audition local organizer here) posted on Facebook that a JYPE artiste may perform in SG & KL in a couple months' time.

They say it's gonna be a band too, not solo artiste.

That means either WG, missA, 2AM or 2PM.

(My hunch is missA, but *fingers crossed* about youknowwho.) EDIT: Word is they're negotiating with 2PM, who is looking at touring the region.

RdAAS.jpg

Source: http://www.facebook....182099431850528

Guest wonderr23

From Chooney7's twitter

dwt2te.jpg

평창걸스 !! ㅋ 기사제목센스 짱!! (팬분이 올려주신 사진^^)

Trans: Pyeongchang girls!! k The sense of the article is awesome!! (the fans put the pic^^)

Guest wonderr23

2rwni47.jpg

Photographer NoisyZHANG commented "Sunye!!! Sunye!!! What happened to you???!!! What happened to you???!!! Who bully you???!!!"

Credit: as tagged

Source: Sunyebaidu@twitter

Guest qoxie

SOPOC (Special Olympics Pyeongchang Organizing Committee) blogged about their 2013 World Winter Games publicity booths in Athens.

They uploaded photos taken at Hilton Hotel (where WG also stayed) & at OAKA (Olympiako Athlitiko Kentro Athinon/Athens Olympic Sport Complex).

There was a WG 2DT display at the latter venue.

qOG14.jpg

7wsHG.jpg

Photo essay: http://blog.naver.com/ds2ds1/130113003907

- - - - - - - - - - -

One of the Pyeongchang delegates also blogged about it.

Re-posting only the WG-related pics.

oZ2R3.jpg

OJyIq.jpg

pfBfI.jpg

Ck0D8.jpg

Source: http://blog.naver.com/ysk9831/60133990343

Guest valentino_rossi46

It was spread on twitter, @milanmirun - 1 fans came to Korea and saw Mimi

milanmirun Milan J.

Just finish talking to @mimimimi0502 !!!!!!!!!!!!! OMFG MY IDOL SUNMI! T______T http://twitpic.com/5ox8ym

Yes.. Just 2 hour ago.. She's look great :) I met her around JYP.. I said fighting etc.. and give her some snack :) @darkbrowny

I met her around JYP ,I almost scream haha she's look great ,I told her tht I still support her n give her some snack @heartmiso :)

light brown hair, slim figure and umbrella <3

I didnt see ChubbyMimi at all :)

^ that wonderful also said this : Around her neck, brown caramel hair color.. when I ask her about Sunmi's new look ^^ guess her hair really looks like Yoobin's now ^^ but not that long like before... 

Byulha (WG's largest fanclub community) http://cafe.daum.net...210/GrX4/767924 will combine with WonderFul http://cafe.daum.net/WonderFul (the official fanclub under JYPE) to become a brand new WonderFul cafe.. do u guys think JYPE will open this fanclub to international fans like 2PM as well? if yes..i guess the entry will be more than 100 000 ^^ by the way WonderFul (daum cafe) do not need any social number, so it is easy to register over there..

Guest yummy_swg

another picture of yeeun presented the medal :)

"Emilda received the bronze medal for the 200 meter dash at the 2011 Special Olympics in Athens, Greece. In this photo she is receiving her award from one of the Wonder Girls, a popular Korean singing group."

Source: http://www.facebook.com/compassionintl?sk=wall

27970810150243607626655.jpg

Guest qoxie

The Pyeongchang cheer message looks like it was filmed last year? (re: YeBin's old hair color)

So the girls already knew they were involved with the Special Olympics then?

No wonder they hinted about going to Europe in their last webchat, although they somehow got the country wrong.

- - - - - - - - -

News report from a few hours ago (local evening newspaper).

I found a digital copy & circled the relevant parts in red.

lf1id.jpg

Source: http://epaper.qingda...qdwb280916.html

Taiwan & HK artistes joining China & Korean superstars to dazzle Qingdao

Qingdao Evening News 2011-07-12

The ever-cosmopolitan 2011 China Qingdao International Marine Festival is staging its grand opening ceremony-cum-variety show on July 23 at the Qingdao Tiantai Stadium. Ticket sales have already begun. The gala will feature a starry lineup: Chris Lee, Sammi Cheng, super Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS, Shin, Chiang Yu-heng, Xianzi, etc. are the heavyweight participants! To facilitate the best audio-visual experience, the organizer is laying out exclusive seating areas for the fanbases.

[skipped forward.]

WG to perform 'Nobody'

Popular Korean girlgroup WG is also coming to Qingdao! The cute yet sexy Korean quintet will present a splendid performance for the city's natives.

In 2008, the 'I want nobody bobody but you' lyrics had swept the country. This 'Nobody' hit allowed its singer, girlgroup WG, to break out of Korea & become popular not only in China, but also in the West. There was a worldwide craze for 'Nobody' cover versions & copycat dances. China undergraduates, American researchers, European fans, African traders, etc. all bonded together as a result of this song. WG ascended from local pop group in Korea to become international superstars, amassing huge popularity among young people along the way. The girls' versatile & attractive concepts set trends in pop music, & they become global icons.

On July 23, WG will be in Qingdao to perform their retro signature song 'Nobody'. To surprise China fans, the Mandarin-proficient WG will also sing the Chinese version of '2 Different Tears' to thank them for their enduring support. Those who are fond of WG must not miss this opportunity.

[skipped the rest.]

Do you remember the article on AKP about Dal Shabet fanmeeting? That they'll perform Nobody?

Well, they did it some days ago, and here's the fancam =)

Only half of the group (Viki, Subin and Kaeun) performed Nobody (the other half performed Bo Beep).

Somehow I wanted Serri to perform Nobody (because she is Sunye look-alike XD).

Anyway... They performed the ballad version of Nobody and they did really good!

I'm happy they choosed to perform one of WonderGirls' songs! =)

Dal Shabet ( Viki, Subin, Kaeun) performing Nobody ( ballad ) @ fanmeeting 110709

___

EDIT - I just saw a video from SBS channel on Youtube.

There's WonderGirls in the beginning of the video, but I have no idea what the video is about...

This video is from yesterday by the way...

If someone who can speak korean could tell us why they mentionned WonderGirls ^^

SBS video - WonderGirls

Guest wonderr23

lol i really want to translate 2YE's Pyeongchang message but i can't read their handwriting! :sweatingbullets: I can only read Yubin's ...

http://i.imgur.com/gdGrj.jpg

Pyeongchang Winter Special Olympics

I will pray for your success

Hwaiting~!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yenny and Se7en conversation in twitter

34nlao5.jpg

Guest jcsmark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN4wJ6Wgp14

Here's an HQ fancam of WG's Nobody and Tell Me performance in Greece (backview). I think we've all seen WG perform from front view many times so it's pretty cool to see it from the backview lol.

There are also many sweet moments at the beginning and end of the clip. You can see Sunye getting a glimpse of the members quickly before they perform and Yeeun giving Yubin the OK! sign. When they walked off stage Yeeun was really hyper too giving out hi fives while Yubin was shaking hands with the crowd.

Guest qoxie

Yoobin dropped by Fantastic inside the past hour.

WFs saw her logged on & starting greeting her. She didn't join the chatbox but left a couple messages & also accepted friend requests.

YUBIN : 31 minutes ago

아…. 팥빙수가 먹고싶은데…. 귀찮다…

YUBIN : 36 minutes ago

더워서 죽을것 같아요…. 에고…. 여름아 빨리 지나가라~~

Guest aloversrendezvous

Jane's new twitter post, featuring Sun praying before performing at the Special Olympics Closing Ceremony:

p0fdu.jpg

@JANEyjK 혼자보기아까워 7탄- 기도하는 선예

Edited:

Jane also tweeted a photo of SunYe and YeEun

2xsgg.jpg

@JANEyjK 혼자보기 아까워 8탄 투투투투투투예

Guest *bluebutterfly*

Like qoxie said the outfits the girls were wearing in the Pyeongchang Special Olympics World Games video are the same to the ones they wore to the 'Concept Korea' Fashion Week event back in Sept 2010? ... =/

wg_nyfw2011-11.jpg

tumblr_lo7vehyFL81qakljco1_500.gif

credit: wgworld@ tumblr

Is Yeeun talking about going to Se7en's Chicken shop next time she visits Korea? His restaurant is called Yeolbong.

The unnies met Se7en from the Dr Dre event, and have kept in contact since. I remember Se7en was complimented for being such a nice sunbae and once again I have to compliment him kkk... ^^ He tweets to many hoobaes.

Archived