Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest qoxie

Thanks.

Really wanted to post this. Very intriguing banner.

Someone tweeted it on weibo a couple of hours ago.

I can't find the original source. Not even the official www.koreanwavefestival.com site has updated yet.

rYonJ.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

Either it is a cleverly-done hoax (the 2010 version is below), or maybe WG will take part after all. 

They are listed in the 3rd row above (원더걸스).

O0icQ.jpg

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ly0209

Mexico’s TV Azteca airs KPOP Special Report

With the various reports on the rapid growth of Hallyu across the globe, another example of this growing sentiment was covered by the media in Mexico.

One of Mexico’s largest television distributors, TV Azteca aired a special report segment on K-pop fans in Mexico.

The show in the past aired a section called 90 Seconds of K-pop featuring artists such as Super Junior, Wonder Girls, SS501, Rain and others.

Check out the segment below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNlPXP_irNY&feature=player_embedded

credit: ALL KPOP

Guest Ly0209

2PMs Junsu & Chansung  thanking Wonder Girls!

will be updated later when @Wild2day is done with the translating from the rest of 2PM.

Junsus thanks to;

WG Sunye yah, how have you been?, Yoobin ah, you’re my dongsaeng, Sohee yah, have you eaten?, Yeeun ah what are you doing right now?, Hyerim ah be healthy! 

Chansungs thank to;

Keke, and Wonder girls~~~ I want to do another Americas tour with youㅠㅠ a little slowly grab a schedule that’s really long ㅋㅋ

Credit: Scan by neru @ W2D 

Translated by mcheller @ W2D (Chansungs part)

Translated by khy127 @ W2D (Junsus part)

Guest Ly0209

Wonder Girls Lim's short video in Greece

Lim uploaded a cute video of herself talking about her stay in Greece!

Credit: Facebook@woohyerim

youtube@hyerimwoo 

Guest Artemis

Just voted ”Nothin’ On You” for Billboard’s “Mashup Mondays”

I want to hear Yubin/Sohee/Lim rapping and of course

2Ye will kill it on the vocals

Guest Yoyo

So which song did you guys choose for the billboards "mash up mondays?"

Hehe, I'm so excited to hear the girls finally cover any of these songs! I chose Nothin' On You by B.O.B and Bruno Mars! Like what Artemis said above I'd really like to hear Sohee, Lim, and Yubin rap while Sunye and Yeeun take over vocals! It'd be such a great opportunity for Sohee and Lim to show their true colors with rap!

The raps would definitely be challenging but I think the girls english has improved a lot and I'm excited to see them challenge themselves!

Guest jcsmark

Wonder Girls are on the front of Billboard.com

http://www.billboard.com/#/

I made a cap of it here http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/4439/20110707wgonbillboard.png

------

Wonder Girls for Billboard’s “Mashup Mondays”

by GhostWriter on July 7, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Every Monday, Billboard offers fans a unique opportunity via “Mashup Mondays” to vote on which song their favorite artist will cover. It’s been recently revealed that the next poll for Mashup Mondays features the lovely ladies of the Wonder Girls!

Currently, the Mashup Mondays website offers three choices on which song the Wonder Girls will cover and they include:

The Band Perry’s “Hip To My Heart"

“Nothin’ On You” by B.o.B. feat. Bruno Mars

Miley Cyrus‘ “Party In The USA"

You can vote for what the Wonder Girls’ Mashup Mondays Cover should be via the Billboard Mashup Mondays website! Voting ends on July 25th and the winner will be announced on August 1st!

Allkpop

Guest sweetsnow_91

Wonderfuls!!! Choose "NOTHIN' ON YOU" for our girls's cover! it's something different from what they have done so far. PLEASE!! LOL :P

What? We got to wait til 8/1 to know what song win? blah anyway ^ I agreed with you please voted for nothing on you, it totally something different. I'm sure the

girls will rock it, and it something fresh.

Guest jcsmark

Lovely Sunye

340506491.jpg

Chinese Photographer NoisyZHANG wrote "Table-tennis is not a problem for Min Sunye~ Haha~ Although sometimes she missed the ball, but you can only blame it on the opponent for serving badly" http://twitpic.com/5mq8hn @WGsun

Credit sunyebaidu@twitter

Guest vietboi_tuan

I doesn't matter what song is chosen for the girls because they will slay them all.

Nothing on you have been covered soooo many time that I think it might be a little boring.

But then again there are so many rap part SoHee and Lim will have to step which will be

fun to hear. We all know Lim and Sohee can rap =D

Party in the U.S.A will be such a fun song to see the girl cover!

Guest xjjjLOVE

Ohmygosh I ran to this thread after I read the article!

Please vote for 'Nothin' On You' guys! I seriously do NOT want people to start comparing them with Miley Cyrus right before their US debut, if anything it would probably start them off on the wrong footing :/

But seriously, JYP keeps pulling things out of thin air?

I guess he's finally revving up for the album, I wonder what else he's come up with?! xD

Guest Dervis

I'm really excited to see which song wins! I think that each of them could be good for different reasons.

Seeing the girls do country music would be really interesting. However, I know that country music fans can be very protective of their music. If the girls do it well, they could win ALOT of new fans.

"Nothing on You" would give Yu Bin some street cred. In the US, the hip-hop game is dirty, dirty business, and sometimes I worry that they won't be very welcoming of a rapper in a pop girl group. This would be a great opportunity to do something very "American" and launch thier new image.

Finally, the lyrics to "Party in the USA" would be a great introduction song for them. With lyrics about being homesick, and being in Hollywood for the first time, I feel like they could relate to it really well. Plus, it would be cool if they changed some of the lyrics; "And a BoA song was on, and a BoA song was on" or "Its definitely not a Seoul party." I think it would be really cool.

I voted for "Nothing on You," but WG can't loose. :D

Guest qoxie

WG & the Billboard news is trending on Korean search engines. (re: '원더걸스 빌보드닷컴')

6zw6a.jpg

h0ayi.jpg

It's getting great coverage by the Korean media too. 

But they are only describing the event, the 3 songs under considerations & -- touted most of all -- getting featured on the Billboard website homepage.

No quoted feedback from the fans as yet.

JoongAng Daily (Chinese) just tweeted to say they have published a news article, but my firewall says their website is compromised so I will translate later.

- - - - - - - -

Personal choice: 

Since Mashups Monday is all about re-interpreting songs (& in a semi-acoustic setting at that), I will like to see WG tackle Hip To My Heart. It can be an interesting challenge; no one has really come up a non-country arrangement as yet.

Nothin' On You actually has the strongest tune if you factor out the rapping. It's also kinda the safest choice. Jaebeom covered it during his exile & I think he has also released a Korean version since. There was also a Chinese version (no rapping) that went viral; the YT upload alone has 5.5 million views link. So the song is familiar to music fans of both countries.

Party In The USA is more suited as a concert song. It's really the weakest of the three if you listen to the scaled-down, acoustic versions.

Guest freakloverxx

^ omo..qoxie..we think alike.lol.but unlike you,im not good at putting my thoughts into words 

and oh gotta love ur dp.

Guest wonderr23

Wonder Girls Graces Billboard.com’s Front Page

by: cherryspirit on Jul 8, 2011

4a2cb08467d050eb1bc48089bd38a604_large.jpg

Today, a photo of the Wonder Girls was posted on the Billboard.com’s front page! It turns out that the Wonder Girls have been selected for this week’s “Mashup Mondays“ segment, which features rising artists covering a hit song upon selection of fans. The website is currently holding a poll about Wonder Girls entitled “What Should Wonder Girls Cover For Mashup Mondays?”

8c41e3954d269ec6070db3ef51e1c4f9_large.jpg

Billboard.com introduced the Wonder Girls as “the K-Pop sensations who graced our 21 under 21 list of music's hottest minors last fall.” It’s impressive as the Wonder Girls have become the first Korean artists to be introduced in “Mash Monday.”

cbd9fb6d4d86d1e12ab89ac8e713e06a_large.jpg

Currently, the website is holding a poll on which song the Wonder Girls should cover, with the following three choices: The Band Perry’s “Hip To My Heart,” “Nothin’ On You” by B.o.B. feat. Bruno Mars, and Miley Cyrus’s “Party In The USA.” Among these three songs, the Wonder Girls will cover the one with the most votes. Voting will end on July 25 and the results will be announced on August 1.

Credit: cherryspirit@soompi

Link: http://www.soompi.com/news/wonder-girls-graces-billboardcoms-front-page

Guest qoxie

^

^

IMO 'Nothin' On You' (minus rapping) is more suited for a soloist, though. Like Sunye's 'Maybe'.

I can see the other 2 songs following WG's current formula: 2-3 lead singers each singing a passage; Sohee getting the bridge part; the 3rd lead doing the middle-eighth instead; Yoobin (& maybe LIM too) handling the rapping.

BTW According to my notes, B.o.B's original was one of 2 Western hits in the Korean music charts for 2010, riding on the back to Jay Park's Youtube covers.

So it was already on Korea's radar, thanks I suppose to Jaywalkers who bought &/or listened in.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

fxfxo.jpg

Source: http://chinese.joins...category=003001

WONDERGIRLS featured on Billboard's homepage again

JoongAng Daily (Chinese) 2011-07-08 07:47

US-based WONDERGIRLS has attracted Billboard's attention.

WG is being featured on Billboard's homepage (www.billboard.com). The website's popular 'Mashup Mondays' series is currently conducting a WG fan ballot. 'Mashup Mondays' is a special project highlighting promising newcomers; the focus is to deliberate on their musical qualities. Fans will vote which track by other artistes for WG to sing. Billboard will unveil the latter.

Billboard had selected WG as one of their '21 Under 21 potential stars' last year. The girls have landed on 'Mashup Mondays' this time, which is an acknowledgement of their progress & prospects. Billboard introduced WG as "high-profile newcomers who sing very effervescent songs. They are not only popular in Asia, but also have many fans in America."

JYP Entertainment said: "This was Billboard's proposal. It indicates WG has great potential in the US market, & thus carries major significance."

WG will perform either The Band Perry's 'Hip To The Heart', B.o.B's 'Nothin' On You' or Miley Cyrus's 'Party In The USA', as voted by the fans. Billboard will release the recording in August.

- - - - - - - - - -

wykRL.jpg

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo.../136/2upvs.html

WONDERGIRLS on Billboard homepage, selected as newcomers to cover old hits

Korea Star Daily update: 2011-07-08 17:01

Girlgroup WONDERGIRLS is receiving widespread attraction after being featured on Billboard.com's homepage.

On July 8, Billboard's 'Mashup Mondays' launched a WG-related ballot.

'Mashup Mondays' is for promising newcomers to cover preselected signature hits by big-name singers, which will then be featured on the website homepage. Billboard.com had introduced WG last year like this: "Among Billboard's chosen 21 promising newcomers, they are the most popular & the most dynamic pop group." This is the first time a Korean singer is chosen for 'Mashup Mondays'. According to the poll, WG has shortlisted 'Hip To My Heart', 'Nothin' On You' & 'Party In The USA' for the recording.

Netizens who learned the news said: "So proud~ Wonder Girls~" "America is pumping its own Hallyu Wave~" "I hope for more good tidings. Go Wonder Girls~" & so on.

WG's cover song will be unveiled at Billboard.com on August 1.

[TV Daily reporter Li Jinyu]

Guest r1988

To Me Nothin’ On You Im not sure if sohee can rap in English but since both of lim and yubin can so why not

I dont think these pics were shared before

5868136797_6381d85889.jpg

5868697096_463b095d00.jpg

5868137671_505c1df8c4.jpg

5868137607_af9f1a814b.jpg

5868137457_34f2eae59e.jpg

5868696028_16b2e3e659.jpg

5868137209_cd329d3952.jpg

5868136979_6dae62fdc4.jpg

5868696980_103ae52bd3.jpg

5868696688_c2cb44d90b.jpg

5868697164_e0ecc3ce01.jpg