Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest hrmmmhum

More tweets!

Having fun with Miss Jane! haha :)http://t.co/bIryhrF

And a video:

My short video that I just took! LoL http://t.co/qdP101o

I feel like a noob, but how do you include pics in your posts? Since it doesn't accept yfrog, do you guys upload it to somewhere else?

EDIT: Oh, so you upload it to Tumblr first?

P.S. I really like the Youtube comments from Greek WFs ^^

ΤΕΛΕΙΕΣ ^^ θεες!

WONDER GIRLS FIGHTING!

GREECE LOVES YOU ^^

Tortyre2Lady 1 minute ago

Θεες!!! Τελειες οπως παντα!!! Υπεροχες!!!!! Δεν εχω να πω κατι παραπανω~

Wonder Girls you know you're the best!!! Love you <33333

Thank you so much for coming to Greece! Greece loves you girls!

hotdbsk 11 minutes ago 2

The first person said "PERFECT ^^ goddesses!" and the second person said "Goddesses! Perfect as always! Wonderful !!!!! I do not have to say something above~".

WG is loved<3 haha

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hrmmmhum

OMG Lim tweeted me! But I was actually tweeting her the comments/translations of Greek WFs on Youtube. This is the first time WG has interacted w/ me on Twitter<333 I'm so=o happy : D

followWG WONDER GIRLS

Hahaha check out my video on my twitter!! I just took it and uploaded it! -Lim

19 minutes ago

followWG WONDER GIRLS

we love you more<3 “@phannan: "Thank you so much for coming to Greece! Greece loves you girls!"”

21 minutes ago

followWG WONDER GIRLS

To all Greek Wonderfuls!!!thank you so much! We hope to see you all soon!!!

22 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

followWG WONDER GIRLS

We had an amazing night!! Thanks everyone-

24 minutes ago

Guest hrmmmhum

@PikeYenny said she recorded the full version of WG's performance(s). I think it was from the ERT World stream^ She also tweeted that it was "very clear" :D It should take a while to put up but keep an eye out for her Youtube uploads!

Guest wendysmark

Their Arirang performance was awesome and it was a nice experience other than their usual Nobody and Tell Me.

I love 2YE's voices, sounded so nice together.

Sunye started Arirang first right? Then Yeeun?

During the Arirang Arirang Arirang part, Yeeun sang first then Sunye.

I like everything about this song and it's my first time hearing it...

Guest hrmmmhum

@sunye baidu tweeted:

Photographer wrote (Chinese) "Her voice, energy, eyes, lips and face structure, perfect~ I went gaga over her" http://t.co/FNCfrQK @WGsun

14 minutes ago

The pic: http://twitpic.com/5lbxdt

Cred: Twitter @sunyebaidu

This is just a picture I took from the Special Olympics credits (You can see Wonder Girls listed :] but it's blurry because of the livestream ):

http://mail.aol.com/33912-111/aol-6/en-us/mail/get-attachment.aspx?uid=30347962&folder=NewMail&partId=1

Just watched the performance. So proud :tears:

They all looked great, especially Sohee.

Seems Yubins English improved. Her accent is not as heavy as before. :D

I think they all have looked stunning during this vacation.

A little R&R can work wonders for your entire state of mind and body.

Guest Marilori

Thanks again for sharing!

Happy 4th of July, the fireworks are right behind my building so I'm enjoying the view and sounds.

Guest r1988

Thnx everyone for all of the updates

Wonder Girls perform at the ‘2011 Special Olympics World Summer Games’ in Greece

20110705_wondergirls_athens_1.jpg

The Wonder Girls recently rocked the ‘2011 Special Olympics World Summer Games’ in Greece with a fun performance of “Nobody“, “Tell Me“, and “Arirang“.

The girls were picked up to be South Korea’s representatives at the event.

To begin the recap, member Ye Eun shared some photos from the Special Olympics ceremony on July 4th, including one with fellow Wonder Girls member Sunye. She tweeted, “”I came back from awarding“, and uploaded a picture of herself draping a medal over a winners’ neck.

20110705_wondergirls_athens_2.jpg

Later, the Wonder Girls performed at the closing ceremony in Athens. The event holds great significance, for it promotes the acceptance of disabled peoples in society and gives them the opportunity to actively participate in sports. The audience cheered enthusiastically as the girls worked it for “Nobody” and “Tell Me”, before diving into a spectacular stage performance of Korea’s traditional anthem, “Arirang”.

The Wonder Girls will return to the States to record for their upcoming album.

Congratulations to the Wonder Girls and the winners!

Source + Images: Newsen via Nate, Sports Chosun via Nate

Credit: AIIKPOP

Guest purrple_lover

Another news of Wonder Girls performed at the Special Olympics. This one is from Greece.Greekreporter (from what the site states it is the largest international news Agency and portal for Greek people around the world and in Greece) -- am so proud of WG =)

“Wonder Girls” Perform at Closing Ceremony of the Special Olympics

Pop sensation the “Wonder Girls” wowed their audience and got everyone dancing at the closing ceremony of the Special Olympics World Summer Games in Athens, on 4, July. The South Korean girl group, sang their number one singles, “Nobody” and ”Tell Me”, while performing their energetic dance routines. They also surprised everyone in the stadium, by asking in Greek ” Are you enjoying yourselves” and saying, ”We love you”.

Sunye, Yeeun, Sohee, Yubin and Hyerim began their careers after being selected through auditions in 2007. Since then, their producer and manager, Singer and songwriter, Park Jin – Young has seen the young women become more and more popular around the world, winning two artist of the year awards in 2008, and most recently, the Wonder Girls were selected as one of the top eight girl groups to watch worldwide as by British entertainment media company, Virgin Media.

In the summer of 2009, the Wonder Girls went on tour with the Jonas Brothers as their opening act in 54 shows. After that, the Wonder Girls appeared on FOX’s “So You Think You Can Dance” and “The Wendy William’s Show.” They also have performed with Justin Bieber in Los Angeles and at the KIIS FM’s Jingle Ball 2009. The hip-hop, dance and pop “Wonder Girls” have also starred in their own reality TV show which has been aired on MTV. Later this summer, on 26, August, the pop stars will be performing the US national anthem plus a new song from their upcoming album at Citifield where the New York Mets will be hosting the Atlanta Braves.

Source: Greece.Greekreporter

Judging from the positive review above, WG<3 definitely charmed the audience in Greece. I really love, how the article turns out =)

Guest xjjjLOVE

Omg, the performance was a little piece of heaven!

I know the style of the dress is kind of recycled but holy dang, I really really liked how these looked, these are definitely my favorite out of all of them so far >.<

I'm so proud of the girls, I really am, I guess step by step they're charming the world first

(":

Guest wonderr23

i'm so impressed by their performance! It may not be as grand as what i expected but they showed that even simplicity is beautiful! For some reason i keep replaying the Arirang performance..haha I love the whole arrangement of the song. :) Arirang is a very difficult song to alter but they managed to make it too European-like especially in the intro! kkk 2YE's vocals is love <3 Sunye's especially really improved! Her breathing technique and her vocal control is jjang! She kept shouting the whole performance..such a wonder how she managed to sing after that condition lol Sohee's vocals are flawless..Hyerim made a little mistake in the beginning but it's ok. She's stunning and she's beginning to have that star-like aura ^^ Yubin woot sick!! You're so hot!! hahaha I love how 2YE kept shouting during Yubin dance break. Team unnies <3. Overall great performance! You can see they really improved a LOT! Now all we need is a comeback!

Wondergirls' Hyerim's successful diet? 'Great shape and good looks'

2011. 07.05

1309844502_174795.jpg

[TV Daily = Lee Geumwoo journalist] Wondergirls member Hyerim's good looks.

Hyerim on the 5th revealed on her twitter, "With Jane haha". In the photo, Hyerim was wearing a blue t-shirt and smiling brightly together with her friend.

Netizens commented, "Is this a good day", "She's tiny", "It's good to see you smile", and "Wow really pretty".

Meanwhile, Hyerim together with her members received the "Best Overseas Artist music sales" award on the 24th of last month at China Mobile Awards in Beijing.

Source: TV Daily

Guest qoxie

bsDI1.jpgSource: http://orientaldaily...ubdate=20110705

WG playfully bite their medals at the Special Olympics

Oriental Daily 2011-07-05

Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS (WG) represented South Korea as medal presenters at the Athens Special Olympics; they also performed at yesterday's closing ceremony. The day before, the quintet had attended a press conference for the locals. Group member Sunye also updated their activities that night on Twitter. Besides a joint photo with a young athlete, other snapshots of Sunye & Yeeun competing at table tennis & 'biting' their medals also appeared online. After performing at the closing ceremony, the quintet will return to America to ready their new album.

- - - - - - - - - - -

i0nWA.jpg

Source: http://the-sun.on.cc.../00476_013.html

Sunye competes at Special Olympics

The Sun (HK) 2011-07-05

Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS (WG) attended the Athens Special Olympcs yesterday as concert performers & medal presenters. They also participated in various activities & sharing their photos on Twitter. Among them were group member Yeeun posing with a young athlete, as well as Sunye dueling at table tennis with other competitors. Yeeun & Sunye even playfully 'bit' their medals.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Gutter tabloid press *rolls eyes*

Z0ZR3.jpg

Source: http://www1.hk.apple...art_id=15400890

WG Sunye's bra as she plays table tennis

Apple Daily 2011-07-03

Popular Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS (WG) flew to Greece a few days ago. They are guest performers for today's Special Olympics closing ceremony. The quintet went sightseeing for several days & also lchecked out the competition venue. Group leader Sunye (photo) even changed into sportswear to play table tennis against a competitor & then 'bit' her medal along with Yeeun. But her bra was also accidentally revealed.

Later, Sunye & Yeeun went to the track & field venue to present medals. They also attended a press conference, which attracted a lot of journalists & interviewers. The reception was very enthusiastic at the scene. In addition, WG also launched their weibos recently, so as to connect better with the fans in Mainland China.

- - - - - - - - - - -

JApxG.jpg

Cr: as tagged

Yeeun, Sunye spread their foxy charms in Greece

Korean source: Sports

Chinese translator: 出师的CI

Girlgroup WONDERGIRLS members Yeeun & Sunye showed off their foxy charms in their photos.

On July 4, Yeeun had tweeted: "Back from the medal presentation", along with several photos. Yeeun & group leader Sunye posed like buddies, with the blonde-haired Yeeun flashing a V sign & displaying foxy charms before the camera. Next to her, Sunye was also enchantingly adorable, which added to the cozy demeanor. Both girls were dressed in blue & their smashing appearance attracted plenty of attention.

Netizens were just as enthusiastic, leaving messages like: "The foxy duo is such a great match~", "Very impressive affection between teammates!" "So wishing to see you guys more on the broadcasts~", "Both of you are as pretty as dolls~".

WG will take to the stage at the Special Olympics on June 4. The Special Olympics is a global opportunity for persons with disabilities to continue self-development through athletics & to gain society's acceptance. WG will perform not only their popular hits 'Tell Me' & 'Nobody', but also the traditional Korean song 'Arirang'.

After the Athens 2011 Summer Special Olympics closing ceremony, WG will return to Amerca to focus on recording for their new album.

AHHHHH they all looked so gorgeous at the closing ceremonies with their new outfits. So glad the girls were picked to represent Korea for such a prominent event like this. I can't think of any other girl group who would best fit this event other than our girls. Of course all popular girls groups have their representative pieces. However, "Tell Me" and "Nobody" are definitely the type of song that would be well-liked by the public in general. Other songs are often not catchy enough to leave a lasting impression or too cutesy. IMO WGs are the best representative girl group, since their songs are catchy, appeal to a wider range of age groups, and their lyrics are clear and easy to catch on to for those who want to sing-a-long.

Fans of other girl groups always say that the girls have been forgotten, but this definitely shows that they're still #1. If the girls really are forgotten, the event organizers could've easily invited other top Korean girl groups to be representatives at the event. WGs haven't been active in Korea for quite some time are are busy with their US debut album, yet it's undeniable that they are still highly relevant and are the go-to group for event organizers when it comes to inviting the most publicly respected top girl group who best represents K-pop.

SHOUT OUT TO GREEK WONDERFULS: Welcome to the family and thanks for all they updates!

+ a big THANK YOU to audience at the ceremonies for being so respectful, welcoming, and treating the girls so well! :D

If the queens come back in August to

1, reclaim the throne

2, straighten things out or restore order

3, do well enough with their US album

4, How about Asia? I honestly believe the queens don't even sweat a bit

Wel, when/if all of the above are becoming a reality in August, all our waiting will not go in vain.

Archived