Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Marilori

Thanks guys! ESPN was giving a lot of problems with my cable provider so I'm just going to stick around for more YT uploads.

They looked and sounded great, yeah it was mostly shared between Yeeun and Sunye XD

Guest hrmmmhum

By the way, did I say the sounded PERFECT in Arirang? :] Also, the President clapped more enthusiastically when WG came out singing it ^^

They just performed Nobody in English!!! I saw many people dancing along (especially the Korean team! : D). I wish Sohee's mic was a bit louder, though.

Then SunYe talked about how grateful they were to be here. Yubin asked "Are you having fun?" and they screamed. So she said, "I can't hear you!" and repeated it in Greece :) Lim also talked and I think Sohee said "Are you ready?!" but I ran out of memory and had to switch discs by then -.-

They performed Tell Me in Korean and omg, the Korean team was dancing like crazy! ahha x) I think I saw Yuna Kim? Not sure.

At the end, Lim, SunYe, and YeEun ended by putting their hand to their ear and facing the front but Sohee and Yubin put their hand to their ear a bit after (like usual) and turned to the other side (not like usual; it looked very cool :] and was a good idea for the stadium. I was actually wondering whether they would perform Nobody like they did during the Jonas tour so they could face all sides but I don't think they did).

It just ended. Oh, Wonder Girls<3

Guest *bluebutterfly*

Wow. That upload was fast. Thanks jscmark for finding and sharing it. :)

All the links I saw given to other wonderfuls didn't work for me. :(

110704 Wonder Girls Athens Special Olympics - CCTV 5

A Wonderful has recorded it but it may take some time to upload because they want to upload it in higher quality as it was recorded in low quality.

Wonder Girls also performed Nobody and Tell Me.

Credits to Lien @ fantastic for sharing so many caps. :)

Caps are in reverse order btw.

8614_0.402085001309809846_30.png

8614_0.949336001309809864_49.png

8614_0.247337001309809897_3812.png

8614_0.122197001309809831_71.png

8614_0.574467001309809839_52.png

8614_0.334702001309809460_44.png

8614_0.388431001309809427_87.png

8614_0.901989001309809376_84.png

8614_0.880894001309809364_27.png

8614_0.105330001309808501_27.png

8614_0.399185001309808469_97.png

8614_0.281676001309808489_87.png

8614_0.874768001309808331_1348.png

I'm so happy that someone could upload the performance!!! WonderGirls look amazing for the Arirang performance! Only Sunye and Yeeun had solo parts, and the close-up are also for Yeeun and Sunye, especially Sunye (so much). In this video we can see obviously Sunye's haircolor changed, it's so pretty. They all look amazing, especially Sunye, she's gorgeous!!! I want to see other members too!!! Yeeun looks amazing in blonde! I love their black/red outfits =D

I'm waiting for other performances to be uploaded!!! =D I wish to watch them all... I keep watching the Arirang performance right now!!! =D They sound so good... (2YE!!!)

Guest qoxie

Not that impressed with the Arirang arrangement, to be honest.

What it's supposed to be, folk fusion?

Maybe a better audio recording can capture its nuances.

2Ye sang very well, though. But the WG choreography itself wasn't too difficult. 

Maybe the rehearsals were more to coordinate with the other Korean performers.

Guest *bluebutterfly*

Thank you everyone for all the updates. :D

I am feeling so proud. The girls are always the first to achieve and experience such a great achievement. They are great representatives of S.Korea.

JUST SAW WONDER GIRLS ON GREEK TV OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG I WONDER HOW MY NEIGHBOORS DIDN’T KILL ME ‎:P SO SAD I COULDN’T BE THERE T.T they even said i love you in Greek T.T they were GREAT ,and the greek speaker seemed to reeeeally like them ‎:P the camera was focused especially at yubin and sohee.

Source: alwaysglamoroussky @ tumblr

NOBODY & TELL ME PERF

Guest qoxie

I can spot (L to R) Yeeun, Sunye & LIM as flag bearers here.

They formed the 1st line marching in in one of the posted screencaps, although the YT video didn't show it.

(Yoobin & Sohee were behind them, but hidden here.)

1dDMV.jpg

UXwXu.jpg

Cr: as tagged

Not that impressed with the Arirang arrangement, to be honest.

What it's supposed to be, folk fusion?

Maybe a better audio recording can capture its nuances.

2Ye sang very well, though. But the WG choreography itself wasn't too difficult. 

Maybe the rehearsals were more to coordinate with the other Korean performers.

Let's call it a "Disneyland" arrangement, in a positive meaning. Simple, cheerful, available to newbies (like myself). The Olympics are the quintessential ceremony for all age and ethnicity, and the musical score must accommodate that.

I suppose that if the girls had to perform Arirang at home the whole thing would have been different.

That said, the vocal harmony was splendid - my PC is connected to an 80's amplifier with decent speakers and the moment the choir starts it is hearth-melting, 30 seconds of pure bliss - with the voices reinforcing the instruments and at moments some subtle back-choirs to complement the melody.

<3333

---

Heads up to European WFs, ERT World Europe begun airing the ceremony NOW.

---

Dun worry, it'understandable -- I've watched some different versions in the last days. Despite my minimal training I don't find it so similar too ^^

v

Guest qoxie

^

It's all on me (lol) Been exposed to East-West fusion songs all my life as part of 'nation building' over here.

So they always sound fabricated to me. 

Plus 'Arirang' has a recognizably poignant tune, even without understanding the lyrics & the 2 Koreas' history. 

I didn't expect it was going to be rearranged like that.

- - - - - - - - -

WG performing Nobody & Tell Me.

In a word: classic. Great reactions from the crowd as well.

Good video quality too!

Athens 2011 Special Olympics, Wonder Girls Closing Ceremonies 2011 07 04

Guest jcsmark

The Closing Ceremony is airing on ERT world Channel right now. WG performed near the end, so it'll be about one hour later until they show up. Are there any clips with WG's intro? I really want to watch the part when WG carry the flags :)

You can watch it here: http://www.coolstreaming.us/channel/52022/Ert%20world.html

I checked and the streaming works with Internet Explorer and Firefox. Just accept/install the plug-in that it asks if nothing is shown on the screen. Enjoy!! Hope someone can record WG's entrance and full performance :)

Guest hrmmmhum

^ If it helps, they did play the actual Arirang song. They had traditional music while Poppin' Hyun Joon's crew and kids were popping and dancing. Then they played the original Arirang over clips of Korean culture and kids singing the song (it's just that it was a video playing; not live).

Guest qoxie

^

That's fair. Haven't seen the full Korean presentation yet.

I'm watching the coolstreaming feed too.

Guest yubin4ever

To me, this Nobody and Tell Me performance were the best that i have seen from them in a long time. It looks like all the relaxing and sight seeing in Greece has really rejuvenated them. They had so much energy during the Nobody performance and for some reason reminded me of some "Nobody" end of the year show performances that they did because that's how good it was. Also, the girls did little extra things during their verses that they havent done before so it made it seem a little more special. I just loved it all.

And Lim did AMAZING. I really liked her voice in Tell Me and Nobody and she looked gorgeous. They all did to be honest ^_^

Guest ah_mui

AHHHHH they all looked so gorgeous at the closing ceremonies with their new outfits. So glad the girls were picked to represent Korea for such a prominent event like this. I can't think of any other girl group who would best fit this event other than our girls. Of course all popular girls groups have their representative pieces. However, "Tell Me" and "Nobody" are definitely the type of song that would be well-liked by the public in general. Other songs are often not catchy enough to leave a lasting impression or too cutesy. IMO WGs are the best representative girl group, since their songs are catchy, appeal to a wider range of age groups, and their lyrics are clear and easy to catch on to for those who want to sing-a-long.

Fans of other girl groups always say that the girls have been forgotten, but this definitely shows that they're still #1. If the girls really are forgotten, the event organizers could've easily invited other top Korean girl groups to be representatives at the event. WGs haven't been active in Korea for quite some time are are busy with their US debut album, yet it's undeniable that they are still highly relevant and are the go-to group for event organizers when it comes to inviting the most publicly respected top girl group who best represents K-pop.

SHOUT OUT TO GREEK WONDERFULS: Welcome to the family and thanks for all they updates!

+ a big THANK YOU to audience at the ceremonies for being so respectful, welcoming, and treating the girls so well! :D

Archived