Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest valentino_rossi46

San E released new song last month, J.Lim have just released new song, 16 May will be Joo, then Miss A in the end of May, then 2 PM, 2 AM ... really dont know when will be WGs turn :(. Although i hope they will release in June, but even now, seems like they even didnt film MV, if they cant release new album in June( then promo during hot summer), maybe they even push until autumn, September ... Ye so excited for their comeback, but ... even im so patience and keep waiting then waiting, sometime i also frustrated :(, i understand all the reasons for their delay, but ... OK maybe just because Im not in good mood today ...

Btw, Sunmi twitter translation from @sunmijjang

he(usher) took off his shirt took off his shirt!!! did you hear 'hey daddy' too? / @mimimimi0502: @JANEyjK 벗었다니 벗었다니!!! Hey daddy도 불렀어??”

hey hey hey daddy! puhaha “@mimimimi0502: @JANEyjK hey hey hey daddy! 푸하하” Usher - Hey Daddy

You're mine you're mine kkk 아힉? kkkkk / @mimimimi0502: @JOOJYPE 넌내꺼야 넌내꺼야 ㅋㅋㅋ 아힉? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Parody of Park Bom's "You and I" lyrics / " @mimimimi0502: @VParkHere you and I together we just eat a lot~ hahahahahahaha LOL "

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

c2b245681bb868d3413b57643053ae7d_large.png

Korean pop group The Wonder Girls hope to speed up their transcontinental domination by finding a home on your TV screens.

After finding Hot 100 success with their 2009 single “Nobody,” and teaming up with producer Rodney “Darkchild” Jenkins and songwriter Claude Kelly for their forthcoming album, they now have a feature film in the works to continue to fuel their American promotional machine.

Following the likes of 2ge+her, The Cheetah Girls, and most recently Lemonade Mouth, TV movie Wonder Girls At The Apollo will air on TeenNick (home to everyone’s favorite groundbreaking teen series, Degrassi) and depict an onscreen battle against Nick Cannon’s “street savvy” School Gyrls (who have also benefited from a TV movie, and help from Cannon’s wife Mariah Carey on their quasi-hit “Get Like Me”) at Harlem’s iconic Apollo Theater.

It’s being described “Showgirls for teens” (so, they’ll be topless?), but we think something must be getting lost in translation.

Then again, that’s certainly one way to make it in America.

I like that 'transcontinental domination' ^^

Credit: Emily Exton / Popdust

Link: http://popdust.com/2011/05/10/the-wonder-girls-teen-nick-movie/

Guest qoxie

San E released new song last month, J.Lim have just released new song, 16 May will be Joo, then Miss A in the end of May, then 2 PM, 2 AM ... really dont know when will be WGs turn :(. Although i hope they will release in June, but even now, seems like they even didnt film MV, if they cant release new album in June( then promo during hot summer), maybe they even push until autumn, September ... Ye so excited for their comeback, but ... even im so patience and keep waiting then waiting, sometime i also frustrated :(, i understand all the reasons for their delay, but ... OK maybe just because Im not in good mood today ...

At this stage, I think it is too late to drop WG's album by mid-June anymore.

The wild card is whether they will release a digital single prior as a lead-in, which IMO may be a disincentive (vis-a-vis another Justice-style CD-single sales campaign) since US radio won't notice unless there is a big promotional push.

It doesn't help there is no updates about any tour. The latter involves greater logistics & 3rd-party partners, & thus needs more preparation time than any music release per se.

I think the proposed NickTeen project may be WG's next US project, rather than associated with their US debut album. Particularly after hearing WG is set to contribute to the soundtrack.

School Gyrls's TV movies were made purely to sell their music. Since this new one is going to be a co-production, it's logical to assume that both girlgroups may go into the studio to record new tracks for that purpose.

Been checking up on NickTeen as well. Nick Cannon is touted as the svengali of that cable channel (publicized as 'Chairman of NickTeen') & School Gyrls are his proteges.

The good news is their 2 made-for-TV musicals didn't take that long. 'School Gyrls The Movie' took half a year (filmed July 2010, aired Mar 2010). 'A Very School Gyrls Holla-Day' took like a month(?) (targeted at the holidays, aired Dec 2010). By contrast, NickTeen telemovies can take up to 2 years to make.

At the same time, their TV programming is quite corporate (per US industry standards) so don't expect instant scheduling for WG's show when it is completed.

If they film it, say, this summer, I am not sure it will air before winter, possibly next spring (unless Nick Cannon wants to showcase School Gyrls again ASAP).

Say what you will about their prospects, but Cannon is very enterprising & School Gyrls very hardworking. Like WG, they grabbed every chance they could to perform, including gracing WG's 2DT album launch, & had even gone to China after completing their 1st TV movie (pre-telecast).

Promisingly, School Gyrls' TV movies were decently promoted: they aired twice (on Nickelodeon & then TeenNick) & celebs also turned up for the Hollywood premieres (WG went to one).

With parent Nickelodeon's backing, WG's TeenNick project should cement their footing in American soil further.

Nick Cannon/School Gyrls activities (chronological): http://www.nickcannonarchives.com/category/school-gyrls/

Guest qoxie

I noticed LIM changed her Twitter profile too. Will she change her stage name to Christina? lol

Bummer: she spells her name as 'Hyerim' again, this after the media (noticeably the Americans, which are more diligent with fact-checking) has been using 'Hyelim' for the past half-year. Which is the correct one?

Boy, the maknaes must be very bored, at the rate they are on Twitter, me2day & Fantastics recently.

Yeeun mentioned only the WG unnis are learning the guitar!

D7R30.jpg

Source: http://popseoul.com/...music-favorite/

Guest xjjjLOVE

The Movie: I know everyone is supppper excited and I feel like the downer but am I the only one whose hoping this is UNTRUE? I mean...yes, yes, YES, I would love to see Wonder Girls in theater, on my TV, where ever, but Teen Nick? No.....Doesn't JYP know once you've been stuck with one of those Disney channels it's almost impossible to break stereotypes? But maybe I'm just over analyzing it and it'll be able to create a big fan base in tiny teen boopers that are the real cash cows...but for now I stand on hoping that it's untrue, I don't want the girls to be chained down even before they get started.

The Lady Gaga rumor: ERRRRR, LET'S TWEET HER GUYS!!! Yeeun and Sunye being able to collaborate with GAGA is bigger then any movie deal, the level of this issue is on a whole new level! Particularly everyone in the states has heard of Lady Gaga, even more so, her songs are EVERYWHERE. Gaga has a huge influence over the American culture and music. If the girls, even if it's just two of them can get a track together with her...this would mean SO SO SO MUCH, to the girls, sooooo much, like insanely, mucho mucho, big big things are coming. I know it's a long shot, but please please please pleeeeeeease let this be TRUE!

To those people who say, blah blah blah, what's taking them so long: Well...here's your answer. JYP is going big, because he knows if he doesn't he's going home. I feel like he's only letting us in on the tip of the ice berg, I seriously feel like we're going to be seeing them suddenly appear on the Grammie's or something just as equally big. JYP is pulling out all of his tricks, and you know what, I'm glad he took this long, it was hard waiting, but in all honesty, I love JYP for caring enough for our girls to put this much faith, time and effort into them, a lot of corporate heads would never put their livelihoods on the stake for the dreams of six girls. And to all those people who keep saying this was a mistake, and that Wonder Girls are the thing of the past....They, and we, will be getting the last laugh when the world succumbs to the Wonder Effect, keep hatin', it's not going to bring us down!

-Sorry for the long post.... >.<

Guest jcsmark

A tweeter mentioned that Wonder Girls and Far East Movement will be in LA to be special guests at a red carpet event on Thursday (May 12?). I'm looking forward to this, I miss seeing the girls.

unledwea.jpg

Credit MissNomelette@twitter

Guest jcsmark

Quote from JYP's speech at PivotCon last year

Right now we’re shooting a pilot for teenage TV here in the US and also for Asia and also all around the world. It’s a TV show about 5 Asian pop stars crossing over to the States and getting lost....Next year we are preparing two TV shows that are not only for here, but for worldwide.

The two TV shows I'm assuming are WG's Mnet series. I wonder if 2yebin learning how to play the guitar has anything to do with the new movie. It'd be nice to hear them play :) Thinking back, YeEun specifically mentioned taking English acting classes in her monthly diary entry. Sunye as well hinted that WG were taking acting lessons in an interview earlier this year at the Chloe Fashion Show event in Shanghai. I'm really happy that Wonder Girls got the opportunity to be in a movie. Sohee must be really happy as she has always wanted act.

Guest r1988

This article is about which female idol will marry first and if u guys remember wonder23 posted the link of the poll so we can vote anyway Im not sure but I think sunye came at second place

소시 수영, 가장 먼저 결혼할 것 같은 女아이돌 '1위'201105111156775687_1.jpg

OSEN=윤가이 기자] 네티즌들이 가장 먼저 웨딩드레스를 입을 것 같은 여자아이돌로 그룹 소녀시대의 수영을 꼽았다.

수영은 커뮤니티 포털사이트 '디시인사이드(www.dcinside.com, 대표 김유식)'가 지난 4일부터 10일까지 "가장 먼저 웨딩드레스를 입을 것 같은 여자아이돌은?"이라는 주제로 실시한 설문조사에서 1위를 차지했다.

총 836표 중 154표(18.4%)의 지지를 얻은 수영은 지난해 자신이 진행하던 프로그램에서 "빨리 결혼하고 싶다. 나이는 어리지만, 지금이라도 결혼하고 싶다"라고 깜짝 발언해 화제가 된 바 있다. '각목을 부르는 애교'라고 불리는 수영의 애교도 남성팬들에게는 큰 사랑을 얻고 있다.

이어 그룹 원더걸스의 선예가 141표(16.9%)를 얻어 2위를 차지했다. 선예는 지난해 원더걸스가 출연한 토크쇼에서 멤버들로부터 '가장 먼저 결혼할 것 같은 멤버'로 꼽혔다. 선예 역시 "내가 가장 먼저 결혼할 것 같다. 행복한 가정을 꾸리고 싶다"라는 소망을 드러냈다.

3위에는 129표(15.4%)로 그룹 애프터스쿨의 가희가 뽑혔다. 가희는 30대 아이돌, 성인돌이라는 별칭에서 알 수 있듯 결혼 적령기의 나이라는 점이 높은 순위를 얻은 것으로 보인다. 그는 지난해 토크쇼에서 "5년 뒤 결혼하고 싶다"라고 밝힌 바 있다.

이 외에 소녀시대의 써니, 카라의 구하라, 브라운 아이드 걸스의 나르샤가 뒤를 이었다.

issue@osen.co.kr

Guest wonderr23

^

yes. It is the poll that i posted earlier!

Sooyoung voted as the female idol who is going to get married first

11-05-11 14:10

[My Daily = Lee Seungrok journalist] Girls Generations' Sooyoung voted by netizens as the 'female idol who is most likely to wear a wedding dress first'.

Community portal site dcinside conducted this survey which started on the 4th and lasted till the 10th.

Sooyoung got a total vote of 154(18.4%) from the 836 participants of this poll. She once revealed in a program 'i want to get married. Eventhough i'm still young, i want to get married soon.'

Following Sooyoung is Sunye with a total votes of 141(16.9%). Wondergirls' Sunye who appeared on a program last year was voted by the members as 'the member who is most likely to get married first'. Sunye stated 'i think i will be the one who'll get married first. I would really like to have a happy family in the future.'

In third place with 129 votes(15.4%) is After School's Kahi. Kahi is 30 years of age and is known to be a matured idol. Her age is the most preferable for marriage.

The other idols who followed are Girls Generations' Sunny, Kara's Gu Hara, and Brown Eyed Girls' Narsha .

Source: My Daily

Guest WGkeon

I noticed LIM changed her Twitter profile too. Will she change her stage name to Christina? lol

Bummer: she spells her name as 'Hyerim' again, this after the media (noticeably the Americans, which are more diligent with fact-checking) has been using 'Hyelim' for the past half-year. Which is the correct one?

Boy, the maknaes must be very bored, at the rate they are on Twitter, me2day & Fantastics recently.

Yeeun mentioned only the WG unnis are learning the guitar!

*quoted image*

Source: http://popseoul.com/...music-favorite/

Actually both hyelim and hyerim are correct if you direct translate it from korean. Theres no right or wrong with both spelling.

WONDER GIRLS M/V WILL BE IN 3D !!!  

ohmy.gifw00t.gif

문화부, 3D 등 차세대 콘텐츠 개발에 312억원 투자

삼성전자 등 대기업과 중소기업이 손잡고 차세대 콘텐츠 개발에 총 312억원을 투자한다. 내년 10월까지 스마트폰·스마트TV용 3D 콘텐츠를 포함해 가상현실, 소셜네트워크서비스(SNS) 등 차세대 콘텐츠가 개발하고, 오는 2013년부터 대기업 유통망 또는 해외 법인을 통해 수출할 예정이다.문화체육관광부는 11일 삼성전자, LG전자, SK텔레콤, CJ E&M, 대교, SK컴즈 등 6개 대기업과 리미디어랩, 오콘 등 100여개 중소기업이 컨소시엄 형태로 참여하는 ‘2011년 차세대 콘텐츠 지원사업 6대 과제’를 선정했다고 밝혔다.

삼성전자는 리미디어랩 등 6개사와 손잡고 원더걸스, 2PM 등 3D 뮤직비디오를 제작하는 것을 비롯, 해외 유명 아티스트 콘서트를 3D로 제작한다. LG전자는 오콘 등 17개 중소기업과 캐릭터 애니메이션 게임 등 500여종의 콘텐츠 개발에 나선다.

SK텔레콤은 웹기반 크로스 플랫폼 및 25종의 애플리케이션을 개발한다. CJ E&M은 국내 최초 뮤지컬 ‘살짜기 옵서예’에 3D와 홀로그램을 적용한다.

이 사업은 정부의 콘텐츠 육성 정책이 제작에만 한정되지 않고, 개발과 공급을 포함한 생태계 마련에 포커스를 두고 있다. 디바이스와 서비스 및 콘텐츠가 상호 협력하는 개방형 생태계 모델로 콘텐츠 산업 패러다임이 변화하고 있다는 판단에 따른 것이다.

송만호 문화체육관광부 사무관은 “콘텐츠 경쟁력을 높여야 하는 대기업 요구와 매출 10억원 미만 기업이 87%를 차지하는 콘텐츠 업계가 상생할 수 있는 지원책”이라며 “대기업의 중소 콘텐츠 기업 지원과 3D·가상현실 등 차세대 콘텐츠 산업 육성이라는 두 가지에 초점을 맞추고 있다”고 설명했다.

문화부는 대기업 출자금을 최소 10억원 이상, 현물 대비 현금 비율을 90% 이상으로 정했다. 삼성전자 등 6개 대기업은 현금 237억원, 현물 11억원 등 총 248억원을 출자했다. 정부는 6개 컨소시엄 사업에 47억원을 지원한다.

<표>차세대 콘텐츠 지원사업 선정과제 현황

연번컨소시엄과제명대기업명1리미디어랩 등 6개사3D 코리아 웨이브삼성전자2오콘 등 17개사스마트TV, 모바일용 앱 개발LG전자3인크로스 등 50여개사웹기반 크로스 플랫폼 구축 및 콘텐츠 개발 펀드SK텔레콤4쇼택라인 등 6개사3D+홀로그램 활용 뮤지컬 리메이크CJ E&M5디유넷 등 7개사N-스크린 기반 플랫폼 및 콘텐츠 개발대교6미정웹+모바일 기반 앱 개발SK컴즈<자료:문화체육관광부>

김원석기자 stone201@etnews.co.kr

Translation :

article summary: conglomerate companys(Samgsung etc) and small and medium sized businesses will cooperate for developmenting next generation contents Samgsung electronics will cooperate with 'remedialab' and produce 3D music video (Wondergirls, 2pm)

Source : http://www.etnews.co.kr/201105118737 etnews

Cr : http://twitter.com/#...!/yubina_dotcom yubina_dotcom for tips and article summary

http://kanvaso.com/show/8vWq

IT'S IN 3D!!!!!!!w00t.gif YEAH IT'S WAYYYYYYYYYY TOOOOOO BETTER THAN I'VE EXPECTED!! WONDER EFFECTS! rolleyes.gifwacko.gif

Guest wonderful ♡

I really don't know if it's appropriate to post this but um there's some rumours floating around about Sunye and Donghae. Apparently Donghae did a fantalk on cyworld yesterday and a fan asked him if he has a girlfriend and he replied Sunye lol. So cute!

jYP1A.jpg

---

kXKZy.jpg

Please don't take this seriously - it's a rumour and maybe he was joking around? On the other hand... Rejoice Sunhae shippers! :P

Guest Ly0209

[ENG SUB/110506] 5000 Questions Super Junior Part 1

A variety show, there they begin to talk about scandals and Super Juniors leader

Leetuk had a scandal with Wonder Girls Ye Eun. 

Look at 6:26

Sunye & Donghae?

Ye Eun & Leetuk?

credit:@ abrendasubs

Guest r1988

@heartmiso OMG :w00t: Im really excited and I just remembered reading in twitter that someone from JYPE will endorse Samgsung so I guess its wondergirls

Guest qoxie

Actually both hyelim and hyerim are correct if you direct translate it from korean. Theres no right or wrong with both spelling.

Yes, I know that. It was the same with 'Yoobin' & 'Yubin', until someone posted a photo of her official ID to establish which was the adopted spelling.

LIM spent 14 years in Hong Kong, which follows British English so I figured 'Hyelim' was the likelier version. She had also 'debuted' with the LIM moniker in the Boom Pow Pow dance clip.

Anecdotally, it was Korean speakers who called her 'Hyerim' online. Which is fine, but I don't mind also knowing which is the right one.

- - - - - - - -

Thanks for the new updates, guys.

Guest Ly0209

http://twitpic.com/4w7qv4

The rumor about Sunye and Donghae made Sunye into the #7 top trend in indonesia!

Guest wonderr23

WONDER GIRLS M/V WILL BE IN 3D !!!  

^

OMG!!! So the Samsung dude who was my source for the Stevie Wonder+WG collab was indeed LEGIT! Do you remember qoxie? We even had an argument with the info because you said that i was confusing you with my translations.haha (and i apologize for that!) Actually the sources confused me too.. Some say the guy is directly involved with WG and some say he just knows someone from the WG team. -_- But either way this seems to confirm it! There will be a collaboration between Samsung and WG on their upcoming MV! I even vividly remember speculating that their MV might be in 3D form! hahahaha

About Donghae+Sunye. awww how cute! Donghae said that Sunye is his girlfriend? LOL I know he's just probably messing with his fans! I know for sure that he and Sunye are NOT in a relationship. It's more of like a sibling thingy which i find adorable! It really doesn't matter whether they end up being as lovers or not. All i know is that Sunye is lucky to have a friend like Donghae and Donghae is lucky to have Sunye as his sister. But anyways am still happy since am a hardcore SunHae shipper. :wub:

On the upcoming album. I won't say anything about the marketing side of it since as i've said earlier it's not my forte people! So i'll leave that to qoxie. *zips* But what i do want to say is that i don't care how long i have to wait for this upcoming album! cos i know this is gonna be worth the wait!kkkkkkk

Guest ruma07

^

OMG!!! So the Samsung dude who was my source for the Stevie Wonder+WG collab was indeed LEGIT! Do you remember qoxie? We even had an argument with the info because you said that i was confusing you with my translations.haha (and i apologize for that!) Actually the sources confused me too.. Some say the guy is directly involved with WG and some say he just knows someone from the WG team. -_- But either way this seems to confirm it! There will be a collaboration between Samsung and WG on their upcoming MV! I even vividly remember speculating that their MV might be in 3D form! hahahaha

About Donghae+Sunye. awww how cute! Donghae said that Sunye is his girlfriend? LOL I know he's just probably messing with his fans! I know for sure that he and Sunye are NOT in a relationship. It's more of like a sibling thingy which i find adorable! It really doesn't matter whether they end up being as lovers or not. All i know is that Sunye is lucky to have a friend like Donghae and Donghae is lucky to have Sunye as his sister. But anyways am still happy since am a hardcore SunHae shipper. :wub:

On the upcoming album. I won't say anything about the marketing side of it since as i've said earlier it's not my forte people! So i'll leave that to qoxie. *zips* But what i do want to say is that i don't care how long i have to wait for this upcoming album! cos i know this is gonna be worth the wait!kkkkkkk

hey guys.. let's support sunye. according to some people ELF's are bashing sunye due to donghae's "confession"!

Guest qoxie

^

OMG!!! So the Samsung dude who was my source for the Stevie Wonder+WG collab was indeed LEGIT! Do you remember qoxie? We even had an argument with the info because you said that i was confusing you with my translations.haha (and i apologize for that!) Actually the sources confused me too.. Some say the guy is directly involved with WG and some say he just knows someone from the WG team.  -_-  But either way this seems to confirm it! There will be a collaboration between Samsung and WG on their upcoming MV! I even vividly remember speculating that their MV might be in 3D form! hahahaha

Forgot all about it, honestly. LOL So thanks for reminding.

The only relevant thing on my mind was a tweet from the Swiss FOM the other day. To repost:

Samsung signed endorsement deal with an unseen JYP band. #fom11 Faith indeed. -- @CreamHQ

I know Samsung is one of missA's backers; JIA & FEI had endorsed their brand in China way before the group was formed.

The twitterer seemed to say JYP had screened a contract-signing segment for the FOM audience.

It's likely missA. But I was thinking maybe it was WG instead since JYP was pitching them.

- - - - - - -

I think I found WG's event for Thursday.

It's at "Courtside" (the twitterer hasn't replied my inquiry about its location yet).

Possibly a campus venue, since that's where Far East Movement is currently on tour at.

By the way, FEM is actually in Beijing for a private MTV Push event today (May 11, Asian time).

They had flown over after their college gig in Massachusetts on May 9, & their US tour will continue on May 13 & 14 in Los Angeles.

So it looks like they will fly back immediately in time to squeeze in a private promo function on May 12.

RzVKi.jpg

Guest katty_cat

I've just found this in twitter.

V

JYPEOFFICIAL The campaign for helping underprivileged children! Let's meet 'Sun'!! http://kin.naver.com/dreamtree/index.nhn

Archived