Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest Mia_Mia

about the girls CY

Sunye deleted hers in late 2007 because of all the antis leaving her hate messages after the Park Tae Hwan scandal came out. She received a lot of hate from fan girls and the company had to finally make her close down her CY. Before this Sunye was the most active on CY . Right now she still has a chinese CY (i think).

Sunmi and Sohee deleted theirs also during 2008.

Yubin and Yeeun update their CY from time to time. I remember in late 2008 , Yubin was quite active but after antis left her negative messages about her weight she also wasn't so active anymore.

i feel like all the minahn shippers went away!... where are you all ?.... a video to remind all us minahn shippers that they're real forever :wub:

MinAhn (and Khunwoo)

speaking oh minahn - korean media mentioned MinAhn specifically in their articles about the MBC concert in Bkk

원더걸스는 이날 방송에서 파란색의 남색 계열의 원피스를 입고 등장했다. 특히 소희는 이날 무대에서 변함없는 깜찍한 미모와 안무로 남성 팬들의 마음을 흔들었고, 선예는 강렬한 눈빛과 섹시한 포즈로 여성 팬들의 부러움을 한 몸에 받았다.

Wonder Girls dressed in denim outfits performed at the concert. Sohee waved the hearts of many male fans with her unchanged cute looks and dance. While Sunye intense gaze and and sexiness was the envy of female fans

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest UncleSam

또 한 이 누리꾼은 국민 걸그룹이었으나 미국 진출로 인해 국내 팬들의 뇌리에서 사라지고 있는 원더걸스에 ‘해가 지지 않는 나라’로 불렸다가 몰락한 영국을 매치시켰다.

And also this netizen compared Wonder Girls to Britain that the country was once quoted as "the country without the sunset" but now it's only the past glory to the WG who once was the national girl group now they tend to be forgotten amongst the public because of the US promotion

This is like the other comparison about the fantom falling from the sky with the Sunmi parachute. This is a kind of insulting. Isn't it?

Guest wonderr23

^

MinAhn <33

BTW just for information! Korean medias often stops by in this thread for updates of our girls. Don't be too surprised if your posts ends up being mentioned in articles.lol

That girlgroups-countries analogy. I do agree about that..for now~ kkkk Hopefully Wonder Girls will gain their power back with the new record. *fingers-crossed*

brb...

원더걸스, '카리스마' 안무선생님과 셀카

2011-04-18 14:48:28

36505400.4.jpg

최근 원더걸스가 안무선생님 화영과 함께 찍은 셀카가 공개됐다.

한 온라인 커뮤니티에 '화영쌤과 원더걸스'라는 제목으로 올라온 사진들이 웹상에 퍼져나간 것. 원더걸스와 화영은 무대 대기실로 보이는 곳에서 자유롭게 셀카를 찍었다.

화영은 JYP엔터테인먼트에서 춤을 가르치는 트레이너로, 미스에이와 원더걸스에게는 엄마 같은 존재로 알려져있다.

36505404.4.jpg

누리꾼들은 '소희가 포인트', '혜림 많이 예뻐졌다', '선생님이 멤버들보다 더 예쁜 것 같다' 등 다양한 반응을 보였다.

사진=다음 텔존

동아닷컴 김영록 기자 bread425@donga.com

Wonder Girls' 'charismatic' selcas with their choreographer

2011-04-18 14:48:28

36505400.4.jpg

Wonder Girls and their choreographer Hwayoung's selcas was recently revealed to the public.

An online community said 'Hwayoung and the Wondergirls' along with the photos. The Wonder Girls and Hwayoung took their selcas freely at their waiting room.

Hwayoung is a trainer in JYP Entertainment, she teaches MissA and Wonder Girls and is known to be close to them like their 'mother'.

36505404.4.jpg

Netizens commented, 'Sohee's point', 'the teacher and the members are all pretty' and 'Hyerim is prettier'.

Pictures = daum

Dong-A.com kim young-rok journalist bread425@donga.com

-------------------------------

v

i know what you mean..lol But don't worry since Wonder Girls will surely come back to us with more good music. That i can't wait! :D

Guest xxxjarjarbinxxx

^ that srsly annoys me

but wtv

in due time

wg will be back and will reclaim their rightful thrones

:)

IM GETTING SO IMPATIENT :P

This is like the other comparison about the fantom falling from the sky with the Sunmi parachute. This is a kind of insulting. Isn't it?

Well, tbh for me im not insulted, personally.

Since i know the girls aren't at their peak and since more and more groups debut it's completely unavoidable to lose fans or be forgotten by the general public.

Hopefully their impending comeback this year will change things back to 2008.

*fingers crossed* :vicx:

Guest wonderr23

BTW guys don't be so mad about that analogy. I mean it's not like they're fabricating the facts! Maybe the words are a little offending but whatever. <_< It's true that Wonder Girls has been losing a lot of their fans(both international and korean) because they're not active in the scene! FYI idols in Korea are now feeling that pressure as well. No one is safe anymore except TVXQ who has been maintaining their fandom for years now. Even SNSD has been experiencing a fast decrease in their fandom since they relocated in Japan! So this is just a normal thing given that Kpop is now flooded with more idols. Of course, the demand is going to be high!

Let's just wait for Wonder Girls. I'm sure they'll not disappoint us!

Guest qoxie

BTW  just for information! Korean medias often stops by in this thread for  updates of our girls. Don't be too surprised if your posts ends up being  mentioned in articles.lol

Could be. I remember them re-publishing the Launch Group private function photos I posted (the Marina Bay Sand ones with promoter Amos Boon & his staff in Singapore, in which WG weren't wearing makeup & were spotting eyebags).

Or mis-reporting, to be more exact. I had found the pics, like, half a year later from their FB. Yet the Korean media said it was 'evidence' that WG was tired from overworking on their US tour.

I remember a Chinese WG forum (KRMTV) somehow said WG was hobnobbing with "Filipino" promoters too!  LOL

- - - - - - - -

<br />i think that's her official me2day. This is what she said..

Eek, I was way off target there. Sorry.

That's why I don't like re-translating tweets too much.

Too much lost in transtation with interpreting colloquial text messages twice over.

- - - - - - -

7p5zq.jpg

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo.../136/2q17z.html

WONDERGIRLS's kooky retro photo: Sohee & SHINHWA's Andy Lee are spitting images

Korea Star Daily update 2011-04-18 14:41

WONDERGIRLS unveiled a retro fashion [pic] in which they wore kooky makeup.

WG had published a fashion photo from the May issue of Teen Vogue via their official website. In the picture, WG was decked out in extroverted clothes & hairstyles. They were also wearing unappealing eye makeup, which made the girls look preposterous. Group member Sohee & SHINHWA member Andy Lee were like spitting images, which attracted a great deal of attention.

Still, the WG members were able to exude charisma. Their poses & facial expressions were full of personality, which added a fun-loving element to the fashion photo. To this, netizens said: "What WG retro is this? "Only WG can make this visual acceptable~" "Sohee's face looks like Andy Lee's, that's not bad?"

WG's album release is imminent. They have been busy shuttling between Korea & America. [TV Daily reporter Guo Xianxiu]

Guest floral93

just wait till their comeback, that will shut them right up....i could think of much worse things for the other groups and their comparisons but i shan't..btw im from the UK so i love that they compared the girls to UK lol, our weather mayb crap BUT when we do get the sun and lovely weather everyone bloody LOVES it, it makes us want it more (like the girls)

Guest Mia_Mia

rofl... why are some people offended that WG got compared to UK. They're a great country!.. I mean think about it , it's where THE QUEEN resides....keke

plus doesn't anyone think that WG is doing great for a group that actively promoted in Korea last in 2008!. I mean think about it - 3 years of absence and STILL THEY MATTER. Maybe not as much as earlier because they haven't released anything new and they aren't on shows etc but they're still considered a big deal!. I don't want to name names but other groups who haven't promoted for such a long period though popular in their time now hold no relevance at all but WG still does. So Wonderfuls instead of being negative just because WG aren't considered the number 1 girl group in Korea should be happy that the girls are still important and matter back in Korea. I thought we were going for world domination here?... we can't let small things like what a netizen does makes us worry so much.

Instead be positive - OUR GIRLS ARE ALMOST ABOUT TO HAVE THEIR COMEBACK!. WHICH EXCITES ME MORE THAN WHO IS NUMBER 1 also because i know when they're back they'll be number one :phew:;)

Guest wonderfulalways

^

MinAhn <33

BTW just for information! Korean medias often stops by in this thread for updates of our girls. Don't be too surprised if your posts ends up being mentioned in articles.lol

That girlgroups-countries analogy. I do agree about that..for now~ kkkk Hopefully Wonder Girls will gain their power back with the new record. *fingers-crossed*

brb...

-------------------------------

v

i know what you mean..lol But don't worry since Wonder Girls will surely come back to us with more good music. That i can't wait! :D

thanks for the info liz!

i hope that the comment "HyeRim is prettier" came from a korean netizen.. 

i really want those fans to realize and notice hyerim's talent and how determined she is.

I HAVE MY FINGERS CROSSED TOO! i really want those fans who decided to leave the fandom to come back and support our girls.. i WANT TO SEE A PURPLE (or pearl burgundy) OCEAN IN THAILAND.. seeing the pink ocean in the MBC KMW concert in thailand makes me jealous. 

LETS HOPE THAT THE NEW ALBUM WILL BE A DAEBAK! 

ps. jyp, if you give them another disappointing track (Eventhough i like 2DT, but others just cant seem to like it) , I WILL KILL YOU. fury.gif

Guest qoxie

y7bj7.jpg

Source: http://news.mtime.co...18/1456750.html

WONDERGIRLS, Western style: many astounding getups

Mtime Online 2011-04-18 16:04:52

Mtime Online news. WONDERGIRLS of global 'Nobody' fame is every Kpop dreamer's inspiration of "worldwide Hallyu expansion". The 5 [sic] young girls have resourcefully traveled far & wide as a result. In the 2 years since debuting in America, WG was able to get featured in the New York Fashion Week & the likes of Teen Vogue. More often than not, there would be unconventional costumes [to wear], which allow us to realize just how "groundbreaking" a path the girls have taken so far.

Guest wonderfulalways

I don't get it why some of us are offended because the wonder girls are represented as the UK. I mean in SiamZone (thai forum) wonderfuls were actually happy that they were chosen as the UK. 

England is a clean, good country. What is there to be offended about the UK? 

I think its a good thing.

I agree with Mia_Mia.. there's nothing to be disappointed about.

TBH, after they announced that they will be releasing a korean album, my excitement towards the upcoming english album decreased, (I know lol), I expected more from the korean comeback :)).

BUT after reading the posts you guys have been talking about, it got me excited about the english album again!! I mean, if the girls succeed this time.. WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THEM? THEY WILL BE KNOWN AS THE GIRL GROUP DOMINATING WORLD WIDE. AND THAT WILL MARK THE RETURN OF THE WONDER DOMINATION (muahahahah, i mean... , no.)

because from looking at the famous american singers, if they get famous in America, they're famous WORLDWIDE. I really think the girls will be the next WORLD STARS.

but.. if they fail.. IM SO GOING TO KILL YOU JYP. fury.gif

Guest yummy_swg

last Sunday Thai Wonderfuls did a birthday project for sunmi ^_^

this is just only a teaser. Full video will come out soon

Real TH-Derfuls_Sunmi Project

Credit: Saroly18 (our Ro PD)

Guest Mia_Mia

Teen Vogue Chooses Wonder Girls as one of the the Six Up-And-Coming Music Acts to Watch.

I love how WG is on the list with people like Adele (her album 21 is doing so well right now!)... also kicked how our girls were the first in the list even though i know its not ranked in order...but still seeing them first gives me a kick...keke

http://www.teenvogue.com/industry/music-special/2011/artists-to-watch#slide=1

Guest qoxie

BUT after reading the posts you guys have been talking about, it got me excited about the english album again!! I mean, if the girls succeed this time..

This Wednesday (April 20) -- i.e. a full 6 weeks/42 days before June 1 -- is when I shall turn my countdown clock on.

It was the time length between the 2DT launch announcement & the actual launch date last year. (WG had made their final preparations, including filming the MV, during this latter period.)

The longer JYPE remains silent from late April onwards, IMO the longer into the month of June will be the release date.

Guest UncleSam

Sorry guys if I offend people from Britain. The context of the article was not insulting about Britain itself but describing the country as holding to the past glory and for the girls r almost forgotten. Soompi article about the same subject was not that insulting but the Korean article was not friendly at all. Enough for explaining myself. Let's move on. Can't wait for their comeback. ^_^

Guest adyaby

Wonder Girls pose with their dance instructor

20110418_wondergirls_7.jpg

Online community sites have been sharing photos of the Wonder Girls with their choreography instructor, Kim Hwa Young.

Presumably taken backstage at a concert, the girls are looking playful and carefree.  Kim Hwa Young is noted for being JYP Entertainment’s dance trainer, and is said to be like a mother to the members ofmiss A and the Wonder Girls.

Netizens commented, Sohee is the point of these pictures”, “Hyelim has gotten a lot prettier”, and “The teacher looks prettier than the members.”

Source: DongA via Nate

AKP

Guest sibilance

Sorry guys if I offend people from Britain.  The context of the article was not insulting about Britain itself but describing the country as holding to the past glory and for the girls r almost forgotten. Soompi article about the same subject was not that insulting but the Korean article was not friendly at all.  Enough for explaining myself. Let's move on. Can't wait for their comeback.  ^_^

None taken but remember Britain's influence is still prominent everywhere just like out girls! Also British the stereotypical etiquette people associate Brits to have are exactly like our girls with their mannerisms and humbleness. So it isn't a bad thing to be compared to Britain eh.  laugh.gif

About the album. Do you think they've already filmed it hence why they've been in Korea since they went back to film the 2DT MV back there? Surely it would be cheaper and more efficient to do it there too. 

Archived