Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest yubin4ever

@wonderstruck-Im still LMAO at the fan cam of WG at the restaurant. I love how Sohee is always just so nonchalant and cool while they are playing her song right behind her. She seems like she was hungry haha

@babavivi-Thanks for taking the effort to take those fan cams. They were good. Im a little jealous honestly lol. But glad you had a good time

@bluebutterfly- I really appreciate all those gifs. I havent seen most of them before and im a firm believer in you cant have too many WG gifs so thanks ^_^

I dont know how the new korean album will come out by September. I was really hoping for an American summer tour so i can see them again. But maybe they will promote hard when their american album comes out and then release a second American single before they go to Korea. While they are in Korea promoting their korean album maybe they can see if their music/efforts have made a splash in America. And if their American album seems to have been well received, maybe come back to America for a second round of promotions. But I also dont want them to be too overworked lol. I dont know. So confusing

This youtube user has got some REALLY GOOD fan cams of our girls at the Twin Towers concert. Its close and HD and a little Sunye focused but thats not a bad thing :wub:

Credit:http://www.youtube.com/user/MrBingiHongi

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ly0209

I don't know if you guys have noticed, but I have noticed that all Wonder Girls songs that are released second half of the year (june/july-december) are like MEGAMEGA HITS!

Especially on september month! Tell me and Nobdy was MEGAMEGA hits, that many still remeber today! Tell me and Nobody was both released on September month, strange huh?? So hot was also a mega hit to, but not very international like tell me and nobody!

2dt and Irony was released in the first half of the year and didn't became so memorble like tell me, so hot and nobody but did anyway land on #1 in the charts like dosirak, melon cyworld and etc. Did anyone noticed or it is just me?

So WG maybe should promote their song on the second half of the year? :D

Hahah, I maybe daydream about Wonder Girls toooo much :D

Guest qoxie

to be honest Im happy that the girls will have a Korean comeback but in the same time I dont think coming back in September is the right time I think the girls should promote and concentrate in their US album and make the girls have their Korean comeback later on like in November or December...I dont get why JYP will rush in making the girls  release 2 albums around the same time and make them jump from one place to another

Don't jump the gun about a separate Korean album yet.

But WG will promote something for their comeback, & I suspect this may be a Korean single instead.

For the latter: if it's not a remake of the upcoming (first) US single, then possibly a (multilingual) version of WG's planned second single.

That way, WG can have it both ways: a US-composed single for the US market; followed by, say, a JYP-composed song for the Kpop markets in Asia.

I think Sept is reasonable.

Firstly, JYP USA had previously promoted both 'Nobody' & '2DT' in 3-month blocks. (See their US radio petition campaigns).

So a June release date -- what a relief to hear there may be no further delays *fingers crossed* -- means WG can promote their first single until August, possibly into Sept (depending on when in June earlier) & hope for a breakout hit before considering a follow-up single or explore other options.

Even a US tour can fit into this window. The 44-date Jobros tour was arduous but took place "only" over 2 months. WG's solo tour (20-odd dates) last year took about a month.

Mia_Mia's translation also includes an interesting detail: "promotions in korea during late fall."

'Late fall' actually alludes to November, although October is also acceptable since temperatures will noticeably decrease thereabouts.

But since September is being circled, I think the Korean comeback will logically be towards the end of that month.

So again, ample time for US promotions, possibly some Asian dates as well (like the Japan gig) before formally switching to Korea.

I'll also throw this out there. There's going to be a major Kpop concert in Singapore come mid-July.

Dunno yet if it is the next leg of the MBC franchise -- it shares the same 'Korean Music Wave' title -- but Big Bang & 2NE1 were announced as the headliners this past week.

I am sure WG would also have been considered if available. That they are not (5 more Kpop participants will be named) suggests the girls may have a US tour lined up for July. That's what I'm thinking anyway.

If the MTV World Stage in Indonesia is legit as well (supposedly June 20), IMO the US tour may yet kick off after this engagement.

In any case, my internal countdown timer starts ticking from next week (mid-April).

WG is going to need a 6-week headstart preparing for their album launch if they repeat the 2DT strategy.

(For 2DT, the May 15 release & tour dates were announced on April 4 last year. The MV was filmed in between end-March & around April 8.)

So the longer they don't announce a release date from mid-April onwards, IMO odds are D-Day will take place later in the month of June.

Guest xjjjLOVE

ahh that really upsets me that they would say that the WONDER GIRLS have a diva attitude when who was the one that was really telling them to leave? I didn't see any mention of the girls being the ones to tell the reporters to leave!

Geez >.>

But Korean comeback in September :w00t:

AWWWW YEAHHH!

Please, please let this be true!!! I was be GLAD to start school again to see this go down!!

&the U.S. album in June...

you know I used to complain and whine about them pushing back the release date but then I realized something,

June = Summer.

JYP must have known o.O

With this albums release in the Summer I can freely spend my time on the girls!!!! :lol:

Works out for me perfectly now!

Guest qoxie

1wN7G.jpg

Source: http://ent.gz163.cn/...w/1134514.shtml

WONDERGIRLS Sohee loses her chubby cheeks in new selca!

gz163.cn 2011-04-11 9:15:00

WONDERGIRLS Yeeun revealed this development.

On April 9, she had tweeted a "Sohee, Yeeun & Yoobin trying to be cuter keke" message & photo.

In the picture, Yoobin, Yeeun & Sohee were pouting adorably. In particular, Sohee's definitive 'Mandoo' cheeks seemed to have disappeared, prompting speculation whether it was from working too hard on the album.

Netizens who saw the photo said: "No need to try, you are already too cute", "Hurry up with the comeback" & other responses.

WG is currently targeting a May-June comeback & has been focusing hard on preparing their new album.

- - - - - - - - - -

D8M3P.jpg

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo.../136/2pm7m.html

WONDERGIRLS Yeeun, Yoobin share recent photos; their dyed hair + smiles + solemnity become the focus of attention

Korea Star Daily update 2011-04-11 12:45

Girlgroup WONDEGRIRLS members Yeeun & Yoobin shared an update.

On April 8, Yeeeun tweeted a photo along with a message: "Yoobin dyed her hair". It attracted everyone's attention. In the picture, Yeeun's & Yoobin's faces were cheek by jowl as they posed affectionately. Their respective blond & coffee-brown hair are compelling to the eye. The duo were also laughing heartily & staring solemnly [in other photos], which amused the netizens to no end. Netizens who saw the pictures said: "The two of you are so pretty~" "Such coquettish smiles~" "Ever more & more pretty~" [TV Daily reporter Sun Mi Kyung]

- - - - - - - - - - -

KPmzp.jpg

Source: http://news.yule.com...1104/88657.html

WONDERGIRLS share Yeeun & Yoobin chummy selcas

Yule.com.cn 2011-04-11 13:56:58

Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS members Yeeun tweeted some photos & said: "Yoobin dyed her hair."

The pictures were selcas of Yeeun & Yoobin. They were posing affectionately & giving the 'V for Victory' sign. Their adorable expressions prompted the fans to pay rich compliments: "Absolutely beautiful whatever the concept is!"

Guest wonderr23

I'm glad someone confirmed for us when they will have their Korea comeback but I kind find it weird that they will release their Korean album after 3 months of their debut American album.

@wonder23 do u have any idea if Betty also confirmed how long their korean comeback promotion will be?

Mia_Mia already translated that part. It's gonna be around November or October(being the earliest) like what qoxie said.

FYI girlgroup 2NE1 are gonna release their US album this August if there's no delay. Honestly...they're the only idols that scares me. I've been carefully analyzing their content for a long time. Just trying to study their music and the probability of their success in America. I know they're gonna be successful if they can incorporate their style to their music. They can easily take on WG if this debut album doesn't rise up to expectations. But are they going to be what we call a "UNIVERSAL" success?? I doubt that! Wonder Girls on the other hand, have that advantage! They can penetrate the Chinese, and US market with their music. And if they get this thing right, they can even easily take on Japan just like that. I know a thing or two about music but not much on the marketing side of it. Which i trust qoxie to handle.lololol Please don't kill me ok? I love both groups and this is just my opinion so..ok i'm out~

Do i have to translate that Yenny and Esther article? It's just about their brunch..lololol

Guest wonderr23

in the end...i couldn't resist. -_-

Han Esther "brunch with Yeeun in Korea"

2011.04.11 16:35

2011041116183084929_2.jpg?time=202416

Singer Esther surprised the public by revealing a picture of her and Yeeun hanging out together.

Han Esther on the 11th around 4:00 pm revealed on twitter "Finally after a long time..i was able to have a brunch with Yeeun here in Korea! kyah~ the weather is so good!". She tweeted that along with the photo.

In the photo, Esther and Yeeun were seen with the same appearance. Their features are like that of real siblings and they are next to each other wearing comfortable outfits.

The fans who saw this responded, "it's really unexpected like destiny", "we haven't seen both of you in a very long time. It's nice to see you both".

Meanwhile, Wonder Girls are currently busy recording their songs and are preparing for their comeback.

Source: http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2011041116183084929&type=1&outlink=1

Guest valentino_rossi46

Sometime Lim and Ye Eun didnt go out for a meal with others cuz they are on diet, so they must eat their meal at home (or hotel)

However, in stead of strictly diet, hrm, both Lim and Ye Eun always was spotted with food, or they tweet what did they eat lol

That's why Ye Eun and Lim cant lose weight :P. Look at Ye Eun's , I dont think other idol can eat like that, even 1 piece of pizza ha ha

I love the way JYP let the girls do whatever they want:P, or yeah sometime he said they must go on diet, but then he forget and treat them a meal lol

honestly, i'm so nervous about the girls' US debut album. i just wanted it to do well cs i dont know how much it will badly effect the girls if the outcome is not as expected. i can be almost 100% sure it would sell well in the asia region, but the US.. with 2NE1 trying to break into the US market too, there's no doubt our girls US debut wil get compared to the 2NE1's debut. i know i shouldnt be negative about this, but it kept bugging my head. it saddens me so much to think how hard these girls have worked, i only can promise them one thing though, loyalty! the Wonder Girls forever <3

Guest qoxie

ivxyK.jpg

^

Can I say, like, WOW ... :w00t:

The Malaysian bloggers' KLCC photos have been absolutely top-notch. I note many are familiar names too.

The SG-MY blogosphere really has many talented photographers who are regular concert goers & are WG fans.

Sony Ericsson had struck gold last year when they proactively invited local bloggers to cover WG's visits to SG.

I heard the KLCC event was helmed by a rookie PR company (& might have been pushed around by WG's Korean minders).

Even as the Malaysian Chinese press complained, these bloggers managed to show how to produce quality stuff under unhelpful circumstances.

*salutes*......

- - - - - - - -

can someone translate what yenny and sunmi tweeted?please thanks

I think they are teasing each other.

Sunmi appears to be doing homework every time she tweets (sometimes into the wee hours).

Re-translated from the Chinese translation by 卉 @ Baidu:

Sunmi: @WGyenny I don't think I will get any presents this year

Yeeun: @mimimimi0502 That's okay, he won't be giving out presents anyway kekekeke

Sunmi: @WGyenny Santa says not to cry..

Sunmi: ;ㅅ; sob sob

Yeeun: When depressed, do not cry do not cry if you love me ~~~~ what's this kekekeke

- - - - - - -

Sohee hotel fanpic.

She is wearing the same top as in the restaurant band serenading video.

5CJbL.jpg

Cr: as tagged

Guest qoxie

tfcGY.jpg

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/a/110411/136/2pmpc.html

WONDERGIRLS Yeeun & ESTHER share their friendship in a photo, their fresh faces delicate like a child's

Korea Star Daily update 2011-04-11 17:37

Singer ESTHER & WONDERGIRLS Yeeun are good friends.

On April 11, ESTHER tweeted a selca of her & Yeeun & wrote: "Having lunch with Yeeun during her brief return to Korea. The weather is so fine~" In the picture, Yeeun & ESTHER were leaning affectionately together. The duo was about to eat lunch, tilting their heads & smiling adorably at the camera. Both were noticeably not wearing much makeup, which showed off their natural beauty & child-like delicate skin. Netizens who saw the photo said: "Just like 2 beautiful sisters~" "They look faintly like each other~" "Both are casually smiling, & must be having a good time~" [TV Daily reporter Sun Mi Kyung]

Archived