Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest qoxie

^

^

The free KL concert is part of the F1 Malaysian Grand Prix festivities for that weekend.

But it looks like WG is grouped with rock bands again, ala MTV World Stage (inc. local band Bunkface), on Day 1.

Earth Wind & Fire is headlining Day 2, though. Hoobastank is top of the bill for Day 1.

- - - - - - - - - -

Fanpics of all 5 WG girls arriving at Victoria Park for the fundraiser gig.

Undated, but I believe this was for the rehearsals.

hqhiql.jpg

e4uLC.jpg

icoKO.jpg

bF16G.jpg

bF16G.jpg

Cr: SUNDAY + Katyhwang @ Baidu

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest *bluebutterfly*

Thanks for sharing the HD links. The videos are such great quality. I could feel the emotions they sang with.

Fantaken 110326 China Mobile Concert

Please do not hotlink.

Source: as tagged

Credit: noname_soompi @ Sunye's soompi thread

Reupload by me

th_8d13897a1f64206e0dd7da5b.jpg th_17f7a95634c637580df3e35b.jpg th_28d3ec3d7fd67fa53b87ce55.jpg th_30dd9ac89b16c84600e9284e.jpg th_65ec6de3d9306a78b8382058.jpg th_68c69eeb35d1d840fcfa3c41.jpg th_147b3b0cea2e4f8763d98651.jpg th_42600dac5506c8e7ca130c57.jpg th_a9457aadefee8aaa1f17a247.jpgth_ad1b895581c1c34e377abe57.jpg th_b1c34035629ef64feac4af42.jpg th_b33460866f6f95f40df4d257.jpg th_ba0f72ff9a38ee32024f564b.jpg th_bac2441a93fd4ba21ad57624.jpg th_d2bf558599d95c8ebd3e1e49.jpg th_e5ed926060923da6f6365453.jpg

th_25c7a639c83f9456bba16759.jpg th_33f5d9fa9ec5f9675d60085e.jpg th_613e5e0de5ec35993ac7634f.jpg th_1446cb1b0dc02e35f724e440.jpg th_553695abcb03e69a7dd92a5d.jpg th_67313351dad5ae92b645ae43.jpg th_cfc89e82e0cf3a6866096e56.jpg th_d2bf558599d65c8ebd3e1e52.jpg th_e203ab41ea40916986947346.jpg

Guest qoxie

^

*double take* "Wireless Music Club"?

Oh, literal translation for 移动 (aka China Mobile). LOL

- - - - - - - - - -

Most of the HK & Chinese news reports of the Artistes 311 concert only mentioned WG's attendance, so I am not translating them.

But there are some media photos to share.

Firstly, I found an album of WG's & JYP's airport arrival.

As the HK press noted, not many waiting fans but a lot of fellow travelers recognized the girls.

0mnMB.jpg

LKyEb.jpg

mURbc.jpg

3YZWc.jpg

Xrllg.jpg

Q4BhW.jpg

e4UcK.jpg

bZ0b8.jpg

Cr: as tagged

tbc ....

Guest i.said.goodbye

Is it just me of has Lim taken over the role of queen of fan service from yenny? :D She's always keeping us updated and uploading which is awesome for us fans who miss them heaps.

30 best voices Mnet version

CONGRATULATIONS to sunye making the list! :D :D

She really does have an amazing voice..

I hope to see yenny on the list next time as well :)

*bluebutterfly* thank you for sharing the gorgeous pictures of Sunye.

e4UcK.jpg

Q4BhW.jpg

LOL Sohee and Yubin chatting in the background is so funny.. I love seeing them together.

Guest qoxie

wWeu3.jpg

Source: http://dailynews.sin...6372344988.html

WONDERGIRLS departs Hong Kong, sans makeup & impassive towards the media

Sina 2011-04-02 16:37

Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS participated in the "Love Without Borders 311 Candlelight Vigil" a couple nights ago, but did not join the others for the appreciation banquet. At around 8am yesterday morning, the girls were already at the airport for their flight out. They were not wearing makeup & also declined to acknowledge the reporters.

As well, the WG girls had oversized sunglasses on to hide their facial expressions. When the media approached to ask: "Are you WONDERGIRLS?" they were all unexpectedly aloof & failed to respond. A nearby male signaled no photo-taking, but the media continued to shoot away nonstop. The girls simply looked away to avoid the cameras, & did not look back after entering the gates.

However, WG would update their Twitter again after they landed. Group member LIM uploaded their photos from a recent magazine shoot; the article had depicted them as beautiful celebs. Another member Yoobin also uploaded photos she did for a magazine feature on abandoned pets. (Miao Fei)

72Mzf.jpg

Guest qoxie

sGb5x.jpg

Source: http://life.mingpao..../nalmb/mbb1.txt

Masatoshi Nakamura thanks Hong Kongers again for their help

Ming Pao 2011-04-03

[Ming Pao report] More than HKD 26 million raised by midnight

The 'Love Beyond Borders 311 Candlelight Vigil' fundraiser for the Japanese disasters concluded successfully a couple nights ago. By midnight, spot & phone donations raised HKD26,272,421 in total. Cheque & online contributions have yet to be tallied. Eric Tsang, one of the event's organizers, was very pleased with the amount. Masatoshi Nakamura also repeatedly thanked Hong Kongers for helping to give the Japanese a dream & a future. The Japan-based pair of Agnes Chan & Judy Ongg were also very moved.

WONDERGIRLS sans makeup, shuns the cameras

Post-event, the organizers held a 20-table appreciation dinner at a hotpot restaurant. Kwon Sang Woo, Jackie Chan, Jaycee Chan, Judy Ongg & Masatoshi Nakamura arrived at around 10:40pm. Masatoshi Nakamura accepted an interview in English, & was asked about the fundraiser. He replied: "It is a very wonderful night. Hong Kongers are so wonderful; they touch my heart. I am so proud of Hong Kongers, & I am going to tell everyone about it back in Japan." Masatoshi Nakamura also praised the local media for their rapport in being able to simultaneously televise the show. He said this was not possible in Japan except for the news channels. Asked about the monies raised, he replied via an interpreter that he kept shaking hands with locals after learning about the figures. He said: "I want to take time here to say thanks again! This catastrophe made many Japanese uncertain about the future, & Hong Kongers have given us a dream & a future. I know the donations will be used to purchase aid parcels. These parcels are very important since they can help many victims." He stood up to bow & say thanks again.

Eric Tsang was also very pleased with the amount; he expressed greater delight that donations continued to pour in after the event. The appreciation feast was organized by the hotpot restaurant's bosses [film director] Andrew Lau & [screenwriter-producer] Manfred Wong. The majority of the artistes had arrived by 4pm for the ceremonial worship ceremony & rehearsals before waiting backstage for their call. Many had skipped their meals as a result, & the feast was held in appreciation for them & all the crew members.

Kwon Sang Woo leaves with a friendly wave

Some Japanese & Korean participants left town at dawn yesterday. Masatoshi Nakamura arrived at the airport at 7:30am. He said it was very fulfilling to have represented Japan for the fundraiser. WONDERGIRLS appeared at 8:15am. The girls were not wearing makeup & had sunglasses on; they also kept looking away from the cameras. Kwon Sang Woo showed up at 8:25am & gave the media a friendly wave. When handing over his boarding pass at the gates, he looked a little embarrassed at having to remove his glasses.

i9e2u.jpg

59Ujf.jpg

Cr: Apple Daily

d5htP.jpg

MCMnb.jpg

Cr: The Sun (HK)

Guest jcsmark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqwQ8yiAMCQ

I came across this adorable fancam of WG from last year in Taiwan. It’s really funny!

Focus on Lim, the girls are getting onstage to perform So Hot and Lim stands right beside Sohee (she is supposed to be between Sunye and YeEun). Sohee tells her to go to the other side and Lim looks completely lost. She starts to twirl in a circle to find her position while sucking on her finger and YeEun drags her to her spot. I found this really cute!

Guest qoxie

News clip of WG meeting the press at HK fundraiser.

LIM said in Cantonese that they were sad when they heard the quake news; Sunye then spoke in English. (Basically what the print media wrote.)

- - - - - - - - - -

Ming Pao 2011-04-02, page C1 (Entertainment)

Headline translates as "Asian stars hand in hand, raise HKD18,599,250 for disaster relief"

qjq3C.jpg

Pbwd5.jpg

QJZQy.jpg

- - - - - - -

I also found a Wen Wei Po scan.

5pb7B.jpg

qEXsb.jpg

ulgB0.jpg

AVWa2.jpg

9obYj.jpg

- - - - - - - -

A couple of HK celebrities also shared these on weibo.

WG with Candy Law 羅霖 (HK socialite, ex-TV actress)

F1QKu.jpg

WonderJYP with Carol Cheng (emcee [middle], TV doyenne). I think there are also Korean media pics of them together onstage.

DlJVI.jpg

Guest qoxie

Jaycee Chan (Jackie's son) just tweeted a pic of him & Wonder Girls messing around ("frowning") backstage in HK.

They finally met. Limmie had told the local media last year that he's one of her favorites & Jaycee reciprocated by sending flowers to WG's solo concert.

He was standing behind Sunye during the mass item onstage, now that I review the posted pictures.

Pl6Xh.jpg

Cr: as tagged

- - - - - - - - -

I read there may be a live TV broadcast for the KLCC concert, according to the concert's official Facebook.

JRDWR.jpg

Guest valentino_rossi46

darkbrowny Sarah

yesterday, sunmi ate dinner with yenny and sohee at chicken restaurant. miso and eunsun.^^

credit :@darkbrowny twitter

Chicken restaurant? Sev7n's restaurant? :D

Guest ekin2612

OHMYGOD!!! Siti Nurhaliza, a famous artist from Malaysia is doing the Nobody song and dance!!!! Well... not completely dancing the whole dance. I hope some MY Wonderful would upload the clip at YT.

REALLY???? Dato siti nurhaliza... my fav singer....aww... kkk...

Guest adikkeluangman

^Yeap, it like my fandom collide. She even do the dance remix during her first song. I think I spot Tell Me/So Hot/Nobody dance in 'Bukan Cinta Biasa'. Mext, she sing Nobody in English. At first, I don't realize it until my sister said that the dancers outfit kinda like WG. Siti is wearing full dressed gown.

Siti Nurhaliza is the no.1 singer in Malaysia for past 10 years. Maybe we can tweet to WG so they can meet up during the weekend.

Guest littlechocolate

omg! i was shocked to see her performance. so happy that malaysia's no 1 singer is singing my all time favorite song!

ward

OHMYGOD!!! Siti Nurhaliza, a famous artist from Malaysia is doing the Nobody song and dance!!!! Well... not completely dancing the whole dance. I hope some MY Wonderful would upload the clip at YT.

seriously I'm not

paying attention at all for the award program ~~ I keep my eyes on my laptop..until suddenly I heard DATO' SITI sang 'Nobody' lol!!! thanks very much!! this will likely increase more people to be interested towards WG  ^^ w00t.gif ~ and because of this night award.. I think I love Siti hahhahaha~ hope she's one of the WonderFul!!! if they collab in Malaysia..that will be another phenomenon...bt the award show name is 'Anugerah Bintang Popular Berita Harian' meaning " Popularity Award Daily Newspaper" << it's like a big award show celebrated every year in Malaysia for the artists~

Archived