Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest lacus_jj

for those who haven't watched the girls performed..

a video of the girls performance, it's not really clear though..>.<

cr; jade teoh @ FB

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest qoxie

^

That's WG with Andy Lau (middle pic) & AKB48 (bottom pic).

Top pic is with RTHK DJ (& sometimes actress) Serina Ha.

A lot of the concert artistes were given whiteboards to write personal messages & then get photographed, but I have yet to find the girls' or JYP's.

JYP also contributed an ad-hoc video message here, but no WG yet:

http://www.tudou.com...ew/KHJknj9aTiM/

WG is also in these weibo photos.

XWFKb.jpg

pYfsx.jpg

lyLMr.jpg

MoRm0.jpg

gOCDR.jpg

OFGjr.jpg

JYP stood next to Jackie Chan a lot during the mass item, I notice.

He's hidden here but Jackie's son Jaycee is on JYP's other side. A few other pics showed them chatting a lot with each other.

I see Kwon Sang Woo (on the right, wearing beret) too.

A0xiO.jpg

Guest qoxie

Media pics, randomly posted as I find them.

All credits as tagged.

dGvdR.jpg

0N3ge.jpg

PCOgW.jpg

sUNyb.jpg

nECb0.jpg

hEEnJ.jpg

YqOHR.jpg

vfd1K.jpg

ciCMa.jpg

P9B3Y.jpg

Isn't that Tony Wong (Wong Yuk Long 黄玉郎), the 'Godfather of HK comics', next to Jackie?

Need a better scan to see where the WG caricatures are.

V

AMZ5Y.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

BTW The telethon raised HKD 18.59 million (USD 2.39 million).

Guest r1988

Wonder Girls & JYP participate in charity concert for Japan

20110401_wg-600x399.jpg

Yesterday, we reported that JYP (J.Y. Park) and the Wonder Girls were representing Korea at a charity event sponsored by Jackie Chan with a performance of ‘Smile Again’ which was introduced back for the I Love Asia Project in 2008. Well, the heartwarming performance was recently uploaded to YouTube.

Chan’s event, ‘Artistes 311 Love Beyond Borders’ is an Asian charity event to help victims of the Japanese earthquake. The event was held on April 1st at 7pm at the Victoria Park in Hong Kong, China. As a marathon concert featuring Asia’s top stars, all of the proceeds will go to Japan relief.

30 star teams from China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Indonesia , Korea, and Japan attended the event. Check out the performance below!

Credit : AIIKPOP

Guest onedaymaniac

The Wonder Girls: Beautiful People 2011

By ALEX LITTLEFIELD

NxbyP.jpg

Imagine a supergroup led by an American Idol winner. Style them after a '60s girl group. In the

place of Ryan Seacrest (or Phil Spector), give them a 39-year-old producer and entertainment mogul named J.Y. Park. Make them all Korean, add some kick-richard simmons choreography, and you've got the Wonder Girls.

The Wonder Girls' path to fame makes Kelly Clarkson's look like a cakewalk. The Girls were selected through a rigorous audition process presided over by J.Y. Park; by their estimates, over 40,000 girls tried out. Once Park made his selections the girls went straight into "the Academy," a divas' finishing school run by Park's label-slash-management company, JYP Entertainment. There, they practiced singing, dancing, and acting, and also took language classes -- first in Mandarin, so that they could better reach their growing fan base in China. Then, two years ago, the Girls started learning English.

"There were no other Asian artists who had really broken into the U.S. market," says Yenny, who at 21 is one of the group's older members (and who, like her bandmates Yubin, Sun, Sohee, and Lim, goes only by a semi-pseudonymous first name). "We thought maybe we could be the ones."

The Wonder Girls labored in obscurity for a little under three months. Then, in late June of 2009, they embarked on a national tour with the Jonas Brothers. It was a break-through, in a way -- and also a lesson in humility. The Girls -- who in Korea have their own five-season reality TV show -- suddenly found themselves relegated to the role of openers. But the Jonas tour helped to re-launch the group. That same year, their single "Nobody" landed them on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, a first for a Korean act. And last year they embarked on their own U.S.-Canadian tour.

Eighteen-year-old Lim, the group's youngest member, beams when she remembers it. "We had opening guests," squeals the mega-star. "We were so proud!"

THE WONDER GIRLS WEAR OUTFITS BY D&G, SHOES BY DR. MARTENS, HEADPIECES BY GIGI BURRIS, JEWELRY BY KENNETH JAY LANE AND DISAYA.

cr:followwg,paper magazine

edit:sunye...

still looking for yoobin

3Fk0u.jpg

cr:as tagged

^That pictures of the girls!!!!!!

2dudd2.jpg

They are to beautiful!. .

2ew2lj4.jpg

Lol anyway we need to have that picture in HD like, I mean it been so long since we actually have a photoshoot

with all the girls. And it so different and pretty! I wonder if that all or there going to be more photos.

Guest qoxie

AoWFY.gif

Source: http://ent.163.com/1...BR00031H2L.html

WONDERGIRLS: "We hope the disaster-stricken communities can stay strong"

NetEase Entertainment 2011-04-01 22:00

NetEase Entertainment 1/4 report (text/Xiao Yi) April 1, 7pm. Hong Kong's entertainment industry held a 311 candlelight vigil to mourn the quake victims in Japan. The show featured a lot of Chinese celebrities, as well as Sen Masao, Masatoshi Nakamura, girlgroup AKB48, Indonesian singer SHERINA & Korea's WONDERGIRLS.

Korean girlgroup WG also turned up to perform. They sang 'I Love Asia' to help rally the victims in Japan.

Backstage, WG accepted an interview with NetEase Entertainment. WG said that they have Japanese friends whose relatives died in the quake, & were very heartbroken when they heard the news. They hope the victims in Japan can stay strong. As the girls have been overseas, they are unclear about fundraising activities in Korea. But they are confident that Koreans have been doing much to help the victims as well.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Found some unshared HK airport arrival pics.

8K3QY.jpg

pul6m.jpg

DyGOu.jpg

BrETd.jpg

Cr: as tagged

IChvs.jpg

wMsu5.jpg

ifoYs.jpg

Cr: AnastasiaLaw @ WGHK

Guest qoxie

Sunye post-show. Tweeted at just short of midnight.

Went out for supper?

mWrY5.jpg

Cr: as tagged

Another fanpic of her. Uploaded around the same time by another netizen.

Looks like she was leaving the venue, which would mean WG must have stayed back & hung out backstage (way after the concert ended).

EVrtY.jpg

Guest r1988

thnx everyone for the updates ..I found this pic in baidu I guess it was taken during paper magazine photoshoot

c28a8d652eae6aae184cffe6.jpg

Guest qoxie

^

Don't hotlink from Baidu. That portal is designed such that any photos hosted there can appear within its network.

They won't show up if rre-posted directly to elsewhere.

- - - - - - - - - -

can you see where is our girls ? hahaha ^^

Yup. WG was on the viewers' left side for the various mass items.

Here's a top view. The girls are easily distinguishable.

y6SKs.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - -

Lyric sheet in Hanzi, Kana & Romaji scripts.

LBsRc.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

I just watched all the BTS clips, at artistes311.org rather than the Youtbe reloads.

Took screenshots & put together this photoessay of sorts.

Skipping the WG rehearsal clip since it is already highlighted in a previous posting.

1. Rehearsals for the mass item.

Each artiste was called up onstage in sequence to familiarize on where to stand.

Yeeun seemed to be smiling at somebody. Wonder who?

mR9JG.jpg

4YLlf.jpg

GBhoL.jpg

auZgA.jpg

CV3iU.jpg

2. Pre-opening prayer moment of silence.

Yeeun is easily recognizable with her blonde hair & edge position.

g39vS.jpg

O74k7.jpg

RXWSU.jpg

yK9s5.jpg

3. Opening number.

Sohee, LIM & Sunye. Yoobin & JYP. Yeeun (linking hands).

Qpnr2.jpg

UMgIk.jpg

VGMmY.jpg

4. Formal intro.

The emcees turned to acknowledge the cast, & everyone clapped to encourage one another.

n4rIE.jpg

5. JYP's video message.

I don't think the film crew managed to track down WG for this sad.gif

MbuWU.jpg

6. WonderJYP's set.

I thought Sunye stood out by far. She seems to be having a religious epiphany onstage!

The church singing was useful after all rolleyes.gif

The others were okay but never seemed to get out of cruise mode.

By design, I think. Only Sunye got to harmonize (& thus get into groove for the whole song) & JYP got to do the vocal riffing.

lK2rk.jpg

lK2rk.jpg

SqEXH.jpg

5kjnv.jpg

7. Onstage announcement of the final donations tally.

WG is on the left side again, in this order: Sunye, LIM, Sohee, Yeeun (behind Jackie Chan's big head LOL), Yoobin (totally blocked).

JYP went to stand somewhere in the middle, if correct.

(Actually, weibo has more animated pics, esp. in Jackie Chan's tentage. He was standing on chairs when the donations hit X million dollars. Some other celebrities were also clicking beer glasses & cheering.)

KZkZH.jpg

Rzdib.jpg

DzqYm.jpg

8. Concert finale.

This was during the 'Wonderful World' part of the medley. You can make out Sunye mouthing the words (while having a epiphany again).

Sohee spotted the camera (& vice versa?). LIM was looking around. Yeeun was looking down (at her lyric sheet?). Yoobin made eye contact with the singer next to her.

gqrj8.gif

JKE02.gif

etdWL.gif

0yZzf.gif

Lim Tweeted a photo

268557351.jpg

During our paper magazine shoot! :)

Plus these two(but I can't get them to download properly, so I can't upload them properly)

Do you like my hair accessory? lol XD

http://plixi.com/p/88763793

Before the shoot for paper magazine with Sun & Yenny :D

http://plixi.com/p/88764304#

Wonder Girls Fighting! :) ~Linda~

Edit: Thank you @shinhdeplol. Oh, and I wanted to add, that Yenny's hair in this photoshoot, reminds me of Orange Caramel's new concept for their song "Bangkok City". Which I actually really like, and think Yenny looks so hot here(but then again, she always looks "So Hot" ;)) So yeah. ~Linda~

Guest shinhdeplol

Lim Tweeted a photo

*quoted image*

Plus these two(but I can't get them to download properly, so I can't upload them properly)

Wonder Girls Fighting! :) ~Linda~

Here ^^ I re-upload the 2 other twitpics :wub:

x254a6d91.jpg

Lim is just too cute <333333333

I see Yeeun taking some photos too :P Hopefully she will upload them soon ^^

x254a6f90.jpg

^ Pretty girls <3

EDIT:

Omona she tweeted another photo :w00t:

x254a7a30.jpg

I love Rose! :) http://plixi.com/p/88767024

Archived