Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest eleyn27

hi! I am a very silent lurker here :D and I am addicted to wonder girls since 2009 and I think I have watched all the wonder girls-related videos out there (even videos that are no longer existing in youtube) anyway, its so rare now in kpop where you can find girl groups that can really sing very serious songs and also pop songs! wonder girls are pioneers in this kind of style and I can't wait for the time where they will rule the world again!! anyway I wanted to share with you these videos which shows their amazing vocal ability esp. Yenny (sorry hehe she's my bias)

Enjoy:

Work It Out:

G.O.D Medley:

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest qoxie

^

Hello & welcome!

- - - - - - - - - - -

Another HK mention.

4w6c7.jpg

Source: http://www.hkheadlin...34240&srctype=p

RAIN performs a thrilling wet pole dance at farewell concert in Beijing

HK Headline Daily 2011-03-28

[skipped to last paragraph.]

In addition, RAIN's reunited company mates WONDERGIRLS (WG) also made an appearance in Beijing on the same night. But they were in town for "[China Mobile] MClub's music stars showcase". The girls sang 'Nobody' to a great reception. Also performing on the same stage were Taiwanese singers Kenji Wu, Elva Hsiao & David Tao.

- - - - - - - -

Found some concert fanpics at a China car forum.

The uploader doesn't know the members, but became quite besotted with Sohee. (lol)

9jnPY.jpg

T6sOl.jpg

i1cdB.jpg

w5aeu.jpg

veJit.jpg

hefna.jpg

7ciTr.jpg

NCcCF.jpg

ikm2X.jpg

Source: Source: http://www.xcar.com....wthread=&page=2

- - - - - - - - - - -

These are from the interactive segment during WG's set.

The uploader said WG spoke a lot in Chinese during the chat.

The backscreen was also showing real-time SMS questions sent in by China Mobile telco users, one of which was a request for the girls' phone numbers.

They answered: "010...." & the MC joked that they must be living in Beijing then.

WG also said they loved the Beijing duck (famous delicacy) & the weather (which was supposedly great that day).

ZN7wY.jpg

a5q3l.jpg

Jrz7l.jpg

0FAl0.jpg

qwjd3.jpg

Vmphp.jpg

Xdroc.jpg

ogeQw.jpg

1FiQ9.jpg

PIiuY.jpg

Cr: Cr: king01336 @ Baidu

Guest qoxie

WG's recording studio photos made the front page of Baidu News yesterday (March 27), highlighted under their blog/forum section.

UdXUul.jpg

Closeup view.

gtJvQ.jpg

Cr: anne笑容女皇 @ Baidu

Guest r1988

-

You mean whether there will be a Korean edition, with a Korean-sung song or two?

Yes, I anticipate it is still in the plans. WG previously said they hope to expand their US tour to across the world, so it's hard not to see a Korean comeback added into the mix.

But, interestingly, Sunye hinted at the Chloe event that they have yet to decide whether to include Chinese-sung versions (for the Chinese edition).

Maybe she was just speaking off the cuff. She's always the most eager WG member to share hints & leaks, but they don't always come to pass.

(For example, her previous onstage announcements that 'Tell Me' & then 'So Hot' were to be the 2nd English single.)

I think the overall album strategy remains under discussion & is not finalized yet.

The Americans also have an established industry system: The artiste "delivers" the completed album to the record label, who in turn gets their A&R people to listen to it & decide whether to "accept" or "reject" it (for distribution).

In a way, the likes of SE7EN & J-Lim never successfully crossed this hurdle. The final decision is also pretty much out of the music producers' hands.

If accepted, the record label will then sit down to brainstorm how best to market it.

WG hasn't even finished recording the album yet, so we are jumping the gun.

thnx for the info and no I meant their English album, I wanna share my thoughts

we all know the girls will hopefully release their debut English album in June and they are planning for a world tour along with many other activities which means me it would be impossible for them to have a real Korean comeback and either way if they decided to release a Korean album they will not promote it for so long in Korea so wouldn't be better if they just promote their in English album in Korea and release their Korean album later on when they will have a real Korean comeback like 2 to 3 months comeback ?!!

Guest kwanmimi

Hi, everyone. I'm a newer but I often access this thread.

Could you help me please?  I'm finding the clip that captured pic was in. (below pic)

Unfortunately, I ever seen one time and I forgot save it. :(

I remembered that the clip was about Wonder Girls' rehearsal before show on Wendy William.

I can't meet onYoutube.  Please help and recommend me.

Thank you advance for your all answers.

199680_1475170738074_1797896185_867860_5163599_n.jpg

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

and I see  @wonderr23 's question on  page 1504  >>  Which video about this captured pics?

It was 080704 Wonder Girls @ Boom MBC Section TV but captured pics were on the first.

Full show was 6:37 mins length, but almost video for download or on youtube only 6:19 length. 

That's right!! the part of captured pics was disappeared about 15 seconds.

I can't find any download links for full video, but I can find stream vid from korean web >> http://pann.nate.com/video/201436809

486e614e69d15&filename=3.jpg

486e6154b3f5e&filename=2.jpg

486e615a81213&filename=1.JPG

Guest qoxie

when they will have a real Korean comeback like 2 to 3 months comeback ?!!

I'm quite surprised there are still reactions like this. This part of WG's career is over & done, indefinitely.

JYP & the girls had agreed to move on to new challenges in Feb 2009. There was nothing to conquer at home after WG won the Daesang at the Seoul Music Awards.

Like TVXQ & Big Bang, they have -- & are viewed as have -- relocated more or less permanently overseas.

2DT wasn't even considered for some homegrown award categories as a result.

(Although I am sure JYPE is evaluating to see how the domestic market fares with BB's current comeback. But the Japan natural disasters may have narrowed the window of opportunity for all Kpop artistes over there.)

Meanwhile, WG isn't remotely thinking of doing Kara's 'Lupin'-stype extended promotions.

If anything, JYPE appears to be positioning 2PM for this dual-country onslaught (with Japan), & maybe missA too (with China).

Whereas WG is an ocean away & Rainstone-PD (their American point man) said this year is their all-out crack at America.

They are also still thinking internationally, but along the lines of going to new places like Europe & Australia.

So even if the USA ambitions don't work out, WG is striving for 2 alternative career paths (China & "global") before focusly extensively on Korea again.

I expect them to promote a Korean album, i.e. repackaged from the English edition, with any comeback.

The Korean music charts (& in turn the TV music shows) will dictate so, for business as well as nationalist reasons.

Since WG has largely been a singles band, I also speculate they may keep their worldwide options open with any follow-up moves (outside of an US tour & sponsor gigs).

Guest r1988

I'm quite surprised there are still reactions like this. This part of WG's career is over & done, indefinitely.

JYP & the girls had agreed to move on to new challenges in Feb 2009. There was nothing to conquer at home after WG won the Daesang at the Seoul Music Awards.

Like TVXQ & Big Bang, they have -- & are viewed as have -- relocated more or less permanently overseas.

2DT wasn't even considered for some homegrown award categories as a result.

(Although I am sure JYPE is evaluating to see how the domestic market fares with BB's current comeback. But the Japan natural disasters may have narrowed the window of opportunity for all Kpop artistes over there.)

Meanwhile, WG isn't remotely thinking of doing Kara's 'Lupin'-stype extended promotions.

If anything, JYPE appears to be positioning 2PM for this dual-country onslaught (with Japan), & maybe missA too (with China).

Whereas WG is an ocean away & Rainstone-PD (their American point man) said this year is their all-out crack at America.

They are also still thinking internationally, but along the lines of going to new places like Europe & Australia.

So even if the USA ambitions don't work out, WG is striving for 2 alternative career paths (China & "global") before focusly extensively on Korea again.

I expect them to promote a Korean album, i.e. repackaged from the English edition, with any comeback.

The Korean music charts (& in turn the TV music shows) will dictate so, for business as well as nationalist reasons.

Since WG has largely been a singles band, I also speculate they may keep their worldwide options open with any follow-up moves (outside of an US tour & sponsor gigs).

lol somtimes I can be slow but honestly Im confused with ur reply and not sure correct if Im wrong but from the way u cut my reply to u it seems like u misunderstood what I wrote?!! I was not asking about when they will have a real Korean comeback I know that their US debut is their main priority in this year also in next year I was simply saying if they are planning to have a short promotion like 2DT promotion this year in Korea I think it would be better to use this time of promotion in promoting their English album b/c I believe their English album should not only do well in US or in Europe and etc but most importantly in their homeland Korea and I think K-wonderfuls will support their album through physical and digital sales

Guest qoxie

^

Well, you were drifting to different tangents & I was responding in kind.

If I guess correctly, you are now alluding to the 2DT strategy? i.e. launch in America but return to promote it in Korea first?

But the new album has a US record distributor this time, i.e. American investors. Not just the Justice chain.

They have helped bankroll WG's recording sessions. So of course their market will get the 1st crack, not elsewhere.

If the album comes out in summer, the competition will be even greater. WG must devote all their focus Stateside to give it any chance.

Can WG include a Korean comeback prior (eg. for the lead single)? I think they will try, but it will depend very much the US tour bookings.

They had gone out on the road there in June/July last year, after the mid-May launch.

But the WGW site hinted the other day that they may revive the FAN*TASTICS, which suggests WG is going to support someone else (not their own solo tour).

It could be a long & exhausting 2-month summer stint again, ala with Jobros.

It could also be initially month-long (like their 2010 tour) & -- depending on how (& where) the new song has hopefully gone viral -- they either co-opt another US tour or branch out overseas.

Anyway, any tour dates will be announced much earlier (to aid ticket sales), so it won't be out of the blue like their China sponsor gigs.

Whatever happens, the lead single is likely to get a 3-month US promotional campaign again.

The latter was done for their 1st 2 English songs. The difference then was they also toured with Jobros for 'Nobody', but had left the country after '2DT' was launched.

But despite their Stateside absence, JYP USA would continue with their grassroots radio petitions & try generating some buzz with Musiqtone & such.

So WG & their management have gained some experience dealing with the American industry.

But it may be in their interest to give up on Korea, maybe even on a simultaneous global release, if their US investors & advisors recommend so.

At least for this album & for this year.

- - - - - - - -

On a lighter note, the author of this YeBin fanart got Yoobin to sign his drawing.

If correct, another WF got Yeeun to sign his other EunSun fanart during the same fan encounter in Beijing.

There was an accompanying fanaccount in the Chinese forums, but nothing out of the ordinary so I am skipping the translation.

fWpbpl.jpg

Cr: sam_y @ WGTW

Guest qoxie

Limmie got quite good Korean press & fan reactions for her Snow White selca: http://news.search.n...w+white&x=0&y=0

So don't take to heart the TV Daily report (which Korea Star Daily referenced) with a slightly different spin.

l1Ffe.gif

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo.../136/2ou7t.html

WONDERGIRLS LIM shows off her fair skin; her eyebags a small imperfection

Korea Star Daily 2011-03-28 Monday 16:59

Girlgroup WONDERGIRLS's LIM has transformed into Snow White.

Recently, LIM tweeted a selca of herself as Snow White & wrote: "Playing Snow White with myself." In the picture, LIM looked like she was about to go onstage. She had her makeup on & was munching an apple. Her mischevious expression can't help but elicit smiles from viewers. Netizens who saw the photo said: "So happy having fun with yourself" , "A cheerful Snow White", "Those eyebags are heavy." [TV Daily reporter Sun Mi-Kyung]

Guest korey89

I went to the JYPE building (HQ) here in NY. As big of a WG fan as I am I never really considered actually going over there and stalking them when they're in the city. LOL. I think I've only gone one other time which is a shame since it's literally a 30 minute walk from here. Anyway, I went by the other day - by chance - of course the girls weren't there, I wasn't expecting to see them either since I knew they'd be overseas. I saw about five other fans around and some staff. I went with my cousin who seemed to charm over one of the staff since she spoke to us a bit. She didn't really say much, just that the girls are focusing on choreography really hard now and it'll be different, she used the term "slick", and they're "adding some new choreography to old one" - her words, given the context of that statement I think they're doing a new dance maybe for a remix of an old track?

Also said there will be a party after album release that fans can go to. Kinda excited for this, maybe a launch party like they had for 2DT? I know here they usually do a "release party" which would be great for the girls since they get lots of media coverage and there will no doubt be big names present if they do one.

We said our goodbyes after a few minutes and she assured us that the girls are busy with preparing for this album and are really excited about it!

So not much there but I thought I'd share.

Guest jcsmark

^

Thanks for sharing! Makes me wonder what their "slick" choreo will be like. Maybe they will film their MV soon after getting all the moves down.

@kwanmimi Welcome! I remember seeing that rehearsal clip as well, but I'm not sure where lol. I have a feeling it might be from Mnet MIWG or even one of the variety shows WG went to last year

Sunye from China Mobile Concert

20110326beijingchinamob.jpg

Credit as tagged

Guest qoxie

JLff2.png

Source: http://fad.ifensi.co...cle-386875.html

WONDERGIRLS parade chic Hallyu hairstyles in Beijing airport photos

ifensi.com 2011-03-28 18:23:53

Popular Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS arrived in Beijing on March 26 for an event. The airport photos show the WG gals in informal mode, with light-colored straight hair on their adorable 'meatball heads'.... Turns out WG likes to dress up like cute & trendy girls offstage too. Let's take a peek together!

Guest r1988

@qoxie Iol knew it the second I read ur reply I knew u were confused and misunderstood what I wrote but what can I say English is not my first language so I might say things that might sound confusing to other readers

no I also don't think they should go and promote in Korea first but I was speaking in general like if they are planning later on to go back to Korea for short time like I said think they should promote their English album instead and promote the korean album when they will have a real korean comeback

------------------------

I was wondering when MBC Thailand concert will be aired ?

I found this fan art of heedragon

ec868ced9e8826eca780ec9.jpg

Guest kwanmimi

@kwanmimi Welcome! I remember seeing that rehearsal clip as well, but I'm not sure where lol. I have a feeling it might be from Mnet MIWG or even one of the variety shows WG went to last year

@jcsmark   Thank you so much , I will try to find it again.  :)

Archived