Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JYP Judges on Radio 1003 for JYP Auditions in Singapore.

It's a Chinese radio station but the interview is variously tri-lingual (Korean, Chinese, English).

1st day summary + photos:

Based on the chatter at Alpha Entertainment Facebook:

• 620 had auditioned by day's end.

• They were organized into batches of 10. The rest were made to wait in the holding area.

• 4 judges. 2 are from JYP (both males), plus a male & female from Alpha Ent, the local organizer who is also recruiting.

• 3 girls were apparently shortlisted: a 11-, a 15-, & a 14/15-year-old. One of them is named Penny or Penny Yeo (something like that). Congrats!

• The trio all sang Korean songs.

• Alpha had apparently announced at least 2 of them on the spot, using the mike.

• One of the shortlisted (the 15-year-old) was also asked by the judges to perform 2 short dances (her own song, judges' song) before being confirmed.

• More may be shortlisted or asked back for Round 2 (on Dec 11) after video review (JYPE filmed everything).

Photos

63412467689541716691436.jpg

72632467689061716691436.jpg

15586946768913671669143.jpg

Cr: Charis Fu @ Facebook + Alpha Entertainment Facebook

More audition photos at Radio 1003 Facebook: http://www.facebook....113310782027160

Ditto Teenage Magazine Facebook: http://www.facebook....Magazine?v=wall

Nichkhun guides fans through JYP Nation’s “This Christmas” MV set

20101208_jypnation_1.jpg

All 20 of the JYP Nation artists came together at a studio in Kangnam to film the music video for their new Christmas carol album, “This Christmas.”

With 2AM standing at the top of the ballad world, the Wonder Girls leading the Hallyu wave overseas, and new rookie group miss A ranking in as a ‘top class’ girl group, JYP Entertainment has spent a busier year than most.

2PM’s Nichkhun will be taking fans behind-the-scenes of the set in order to share the festive moments with fans.

“Hello, this is 2PM’s Nichkhun. There’s a lot of opportunities for the JYP family to come together, so it’s very festive. Even though we’re in the same company, it’s so hard to see one another because we’re all busy. It’s fun being able to sing Christmas carols together, prepare for our concert, and even reminisce about our trainee days.

It was difficult lately due to our schedules, but I’m finding strength in being able to meet with my friends. Even Park Jin Young and the Wonder Girls, who usually remain in America, have come for the concert

htm_20101208165015c000c010-001.JPG

1. “Their facial expressions are quite serious. Jinyoung-hyung explaining something while sticking out his stomach and Sohee listening in. I never thought they’d look good together, but standing side by side, they do.”

htm_20101208164708c000c010-001.JPG

2. “Who are these three ladies? Since the Wonder Girls and miss A are as one, are they considered the Wonder A? Let’s take a look at the beautiful features of these three ladies. Starting from the left is Sunye (Wonder Girls), Suzy (miss A), and Hyelim (Wonder Girls).”

htm_20101208165015c000c010-004.JPG

3.“JOO and Ye Eun are showing off their beautiful looks. I want Ye Eun’s white hat.

htm_20101208165015c000c010-002.JPG

4.“Donut sisters Hyelim and Jia. Since Hyelim is a Hong Kong resident, they talk comfortably in Chinese"

20101209_jypnation_8_1.jpg

5.“Here’s ‘lovely’ Sohee, not the usual ‘chic’ Sohee. Looks like she got prettier after staying in America.”

Source:Daily Sports

Cr:AIIKPOP

I know only posted our girls part in the article

JYP and Wonder Girl’s YeEun are “total siblings”

20101209_1291821494_40023200_1.jpg

"The only one with a personality as strong as mine is YeEun.”

During a recent interview with Park Kyung Lim on her radio show “Starry Night“, Park Jin Young revealed, “Wonder Girls’ YeEun and I have similar personalities.”

But reflecting, he also said, “On stage, Sunye’s most like me.”

Park Kyung Lim commented that she thought he would say he’s most similar to Wooyoung or San-E. However, JYP answered, “Wooyoung is more shy, reserved, and deep than I am. San-E is more sensitive and warm. Park YeEun is more like me.”

He further went on to say that they were like siblings, “People around us call us the ‘Park siblings’. In America, we have fights where we scream and avoid each other for a day. Total siblings, we fight like we’re brother and sister.”

Apparently, they have such a busy schedule in America that most of the time they have no idea what they fight about.

When asked how they make up, JYP answered, “We just naturally get over it and joke with each other. When I see her, she’s like a little sister. After working hard together in America, we’re just like a family.”

Source + Photo: Newsen

Cr:AIIKPOP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JYP Auditions made the front page of the Straits Times broadsheet here in SG!

Plus another half-page coverage inside the newspaper, with lots of photos.

My digital subscription has expired, so I will see if I can scan it instead.

Here is the online report (1st half only) as well as the pics, inc. the Penny Yeo girl (wearing a panda tee & filming a video follow-up).

http://www.straitsti...ory_611922.html

http://www.asiaone.c.../101209_korean/

- - - - - - - - - - -

Back to WG news... the girls are featured on CNNgo.com again!

I will translate the Chinese feature it refers to later.

Wonder Girls are 'absolutely distinctive' in Hong Kong

Crazy popular South Korean pop band to hold first concert in Hong Kong

9 December, 2010

[Omitted the embedded 'Nobody' MV.]

They're cute, they're leggy, they have some of the best Asian poses -- they are the Wonder Girls. Five-piece K-pop girl band that made it big on the international stage with the single "Nobody."

Set to hold their first large-scale concert in Hong Kong on December 17, the ladies have promised "surprises" for their Hong Kong fans.

The Wonder Girls were the first South Korean pop group to enter the Billboard Hot 100. The group was formed by selecting the girls through auditions, like the one recently held in South Korea which attracted 600 people.

"South Korean music companies are very good at spotting talent. They know how to package the artists’ strengths, and they have their ways in promoting these talents to the international market," said Johnny Ng who brought the Wonder Girls to Hong Kong.

Ng is a big fan of the Girls and have much faith in Korean pop culture.

"In recent years the entertainment business in South Korea has blossomed. I hope to bring more South Korean pop artists to Hong Kong and even invite them to star in movies here.

"The Wonder Girls have a broad fan base and suits the taste of all generations, this is absolutely distinctive and has broadened the scope of the audience who go to their concerts.”

We can't disagree, as there is just something about the Wonder Girls' leg-lift-and-double-clap dance move in "Nobody" that has us hooked.

Read more in CNNGo's Chinese feature on the Wonder Girls.

See ticketing details at Hong Kong Ticketing.

wondergirls2patricksuen.jpg

patricksuenwongergirls.jpg

Source: http://www.cnngo.com...er-girls-650497

- - - - - - - - - - -

WG interview on HK's CETV 'Star Club' 娱乐台势力

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em7WiI7D29c&feature=player_embedded#

Guest shinhdeplol

Sunmi tweeted about her world :lol:

I'll show u ma world soon. Mimi world does not exist on a map tho. Prolly outer space? Haha lol what am I talkin bout..-_-

Maybe she will post photos of her room? :w00t:

Guest wonderr23

Guys! remember the Mnet Wondergirls dress auction?! A lucky fan named Junso@dcinside received the Ahn Sohee dress! complete with her signature!! (He said that Sohee's got a great figure! Her size is 44!) I wonder who received Sunye's dress?! Or Yosa's? Personally i really want 2Ye's.. Too bad i couldn't bid. T-T

1291884757_201012091754071694784501_0.jpg

1291884757_201012091754091694784501_0.jpg

1291884757_201012091754101694784501_0.jpg

1291884757_201012091754111694784501_0.jpg

1291884757_201012091754121694784501_0.jpg

1291884757_201012091754141694784501_0.jpg

1291884757_201012091754151694784501_0.jpg

credit: Junso@dcinside

The Chinese CNNGo article about WG is by their local interpreter when the girls were in Hong Kong.

I mentioned him before: he is a jack of all trades, including magazine writer.

wwwcnngocomzhhanthongko.png

Source: http://www.cnngo.com...girls-hk-272498

WONDERGIRLS invades Hong Kong, likes Joey Yung the most

Foreign celebrities in Hong Kong usually give common answers like Jackie Chan or Tony Leung Chiu Wai when asked about their favorite Hong Kong stars, but currently popular WONDERGIRLS took this topic seriously.

Written by: Patrick Suen

CNNGo.com 2010-12-9

Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS's 'Nobody' is famous throughout Asia; it has even made a breakthrough in America. Their music has successfully traversed cultural differences & national boundaries.

WONDERGIRLS, who has never been to Hong Kong prior, is holding their 1st major concert here on December 17. They had gone to Macau for the Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA), & then grabbed the chance to come here for a commercial event & do some promotions. This writer was their interpreter & had joined them in bustling around all day long, accumulating piecemeal an in-depth understanding of their workload.

LIM likes Joey Yung & Jaycee Chan

Until now, I usually either fly to Korea to interview with Korean stars, or write about Korean culture & creative trends from the local standpoint. For WONDERGIRLS's Hong Kong trip, I had naturally studied up on their songs, & also collected the media's questions for an initial understanding of the Hong Kong medium's impression about the girls.

On November 29 morning, I went along with the staff to the Hong Kong-Macau Ferry Terminal. There were already a number of entertainment journalists as well as fans waiting pellmell there. I quickly made to protect WONDERGIRLS after they disembarked. With a crammed itinerary ahead, the girls grabbed the chance to take a rare nap on their way to the hotel. During the journey, Hong Kong-born LIM kept watching the landscape & asking me in fluent Cantonese about how Hong Kong has changed in recent years. Her proficiency in Cantonese is truly amazing. It's not surprising, given how she was born & raised here & had also attended local schools. She had already integrated into Hong Kong society long ago. I asked her which Hong Kong stars she likes the most. Instead of routine answers like Jackie Chan, Tony Leung Chiu Wai or Andy Lau, she gave it serious thought before saying: "I like Joey Yung, cuz she is a great dancer. I also like Kelly Chen, cuz her name is pronounced like mine ['Hui Lin' in Mandarin; 'Wai Lam' in Cantonese]. As for male stars, I think Jaycee Chan is pretty good."

They don't mind Wong Cho Lam's spoofs

It was already 11am when the indefatigable WONDERGIRLS reached their hotel in Tsuen Wan. They went to their rooms for some rest, do their makeup, & get dressed up. After lunchtime, they were going to the Nina Tower for a ribbon-cutting event at a jewelery store. Many media people had already gone there to vie for the best spots. I ended up joining the animated staff discussion about the venue arrangements & backstage layout details.

Several loyal Hong Kong fans of WONDERGIRLs had been already waiting since morning. They began shrieking wildly at the sight of the girls. After leaving the jewelery store, the next task on their tight schedule was the media interviews. The reporters were most interested in their preparations for the Hong Kong concert. But all WONDERGIRLS promised was that there will be surprises for the fans, & that the show items & costumes won't be the same as for the other Asian concerts. They wanted to give the audience something fresh.

As for the recent sensitive situation between the 2 Koreas, the girls were obviously unwilling to respond to any questions. As much as possible, the interviews were focused instead on music & the concert. When a reporter mentioned the TV clip of Wong Cho Lam & Louis Yuen cross-dressing to dance to 'Nobody', the girls were unanimous in their approval. They provided great fan service.

At a separate event at THE ONE shopping mall in Tsimshatsui, WONDERGIRLS went onstage & posed for many a group photo with rotating fans holding concert posters. Their girls expressed regrets about their trip lasting only a day, or else they would go with LIM to sample Hong Kong fare like egg waffles & egg tarts. THE ONE belongs to Hong Kong property tycoon Joseph Lau; he also made an appearance that evening with his young daughter who came under the media spotlight.

Entertainment company is optimistic about Hallyu stars' prospects

Behind the scenes, WONDERGIRLS's Hong Kong show is Sparkling Entertainment's bold trailblazing venture in organizing Korean concerts. Sparkling Entertainment's parent-company lead investor & chairman Johnny Ng is very bullish about Kpop idol groups.

"Korean music companies are very good at spotting talent. They also know how to package their artistes’ strengths, & are resourceful in exporting them to the international market. Take WONDERGIRLS. They have a broad fanbase & are suitable for both young & old. This is very rare, & it broadens the audience reach for their concerts too. The entertainment business in Korea has flourished in recent years, & it is a good time to highlight Korean culture & creative industries now that they have found their successful formulae. We hope to get more Korean idol groups & stars to come to Hong Kong for fanmeets, perhaps even scout suitable candidates to act in Hong Kong films."

Most Kpop idol groups can speak foreign languages; some of them even include foreign members. It is obvious that they have lofty aspirations to break into the international market & triumphantly gain a greater footing in the Asian music scene.

Re-posting the pic of interpreter & WG

67d483ebjw6dbuwyhwlk8j.jpg

Source: Source: http://t.sina.com.cn/patricksuen

Guest sushii-viet

will the wonder girls attend the golden disk awards?

OMG PLEASEEEEEE

I don't think, 2 DT had only 2 weeks promotions, so i don't think they are nomined in any category. ^^"

Guest wonderr23

^

i don't think they will...:( Their Malaysian concert is only 2 days away...on Dec 11th and the GDA is on the 9th(it is happening as we speak). So...

--edit

i can't stop smiling at Yosa's tweet! <3 To whom is this lovely confession? JYP??perhaps Junho of 2pm?!! Eunho FTW<33

2vwzf2f.jpg

i just got a word from a Malaysian wonderful!! Wondergirls already arrived in Malaysia [approx 4:30 to 5 pm Malaysian time!!]

I don't think, 2 DT had only 2 weeks promotions, so i don't think they are nomined in any category. ^^"

No, they are nominated in 2 categories, as I recall. Lemme check again...

EDIT: Yup. Digital Music Bonsang & Popularity Award. But it looks like only SM Town fans took part in the online voting. Very little impact from the other fanbases. WG garnered only 0.1 & 0 percent of the total ballots.

- - - - - - - - - - -

FYI WG arrived in Malaysia a few hours ago (late afternoon), according to MY Wonderfuls Facebook.

http://www.facebook....nderfuls?v=wall

Guest sushii-viet

I don't why but i think, 2011 will be another Wonder Girls year.

Don't you feel the same thing ?

I'm so impatient to hear the next single of Wonder Girls.

Guest xxxjarjarbinxxx

^ i agreee

i cannot, CANNOT wait for their newest us album

itll truly show the results of their hard work in the us :)

and i really want sunmi back in 2011

6 members, yay~

Guest shinhdeplol

Sunmi sent Wonderfuls all around the world a greeting :lol:

Good night~ good morning~ good afternoon! Gotta sleep!! 빠이빠이

And what is this??? :lol: Thai??

Fun dee na ka~ haha rak na jub jub! Kekeke

lol dont want them to release a single but I wanna have album a full album not even a mini ...I also hope 2011 will be our girls year and btw only one month left for the release of their album so Im really excited and I wounder what their concept will be this time I hope they will try doing something new and different

BTW is true that their album will be in 3 languages korean,Chinese and English ?!! or is only going to be in English ?!!

Guest sushii-viet

lol dont want them to release a single but I wanna have album a full album not even a mini ...I also hope 2011 will be our girls year and btw only one month left for the release of their album so Im really excited and I wounder what their concept will be this time I hope they will try doing something new and different

BTW is true that their album will be in 3 languages korean,Chinese and English ?!! or is only going to be in English ?!!

I read somewhere that our Girls will release full album in 2011. But it said that the album will be in 2 languages.

Don't know if its true.

Guest wonderful ♡

Me too. I know "retro" is their trademark and everything but I really want them to try something else. I'd really love if they went for the sexy concept (they pulled it off so well at the MAMAs). And yay for new album! I can always appreciate new materials from the girls. I hope they won't delay it again :(

Btw 14 more days to JYP Nation Teamplay~

Excited :)

Yes, I ubberly hope so. So as for bb. keke. I miss wonderbang. *dont hurt me!blush.gif

GDA had a poll??? I didnt even know about that. :angry:

Guest ♪ LeeNa ♪

next year will be another " 2008" lol

because wondergirls and bb and tvxq will comeback

------------

can't wite to see all the concerts w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

Archived