Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

For those who have  twitter account, i beg one minutes of your time to retweet/reply sunye msg with an inspirational words to show how much we really care, that they are not alone in life's most difficult time. if you don't have any idea even to write a random words, please just 1 minute of your time to google an inspirational quotes, as long as you write something out to inspire our girls. REMEMBER, our girls are also a human that can been hurt by an unspeakable pain and sadness and hurt. they always give and give, they always brighten our day, makes we smile. T_T 

for those who dont have a twitter account, please think to make one. we dont have their phone number, dont have their email, nor their addresses, twitter is the only way to wonder girls! guys, our wonder girls are there! our girls are there! T_T believe me! 

thanks for all of support! lets pray together. love you all! love wonderfuls! love you wonderfuls! jiang!!

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bubbly_Millionheiress

im aware that shes not quiting or richard simmons, im aware that shes not crazy, but that doesnt mean i cant say my richard simmons even if im thinking too much. my words are still for her if she ever thought of quiting...

damn right i am worried for her e.g. her skinny stature...you think the US market is easy? hell no...

whatever floats your boat. :rolleyes:

Guest chikusho1

whatever floats your boat. :rolleyes:

As fans we should be allowed to critic our idols. sure sunye can say whatever she wants but that doesnt mean we should always sit back and shut up about it either. these girls are humans subjected to human errors and weaknesses. such messages at this time would of course lead some to worry because. we. care....but hey they are free to quit anytime if they cant handle it i wouldnt think less of any of them. of course duh i do have faith in them but lets not take all this for granted?

these girls will experience more pain and criticisms in america probably far more extreme than my own (if mine was extreme)....they arent afraid to speak their minds to the fullest

not even yubin would have thought sunmi would really leave. i dont say all these just to "float my boat"

if we cant critic then i see no point to movie, game, political, economical and human rights critics...

damn right whatever floats my boat LOL. yeah sorry about that. anyways lets get on with something else....you dont by any chance surf allkpop too? :P

lol sorry for the randomness...

Guest ♪ LeeNa ♪

????

guys you must misunderstood my post

i just want to say what's going on with them

i just have bad English

i really don't mean it in that way ....

Guest chikusho1

nope no worries mate lol. i just misinterpreted her twits and was over-worried thats all. embarrassed myself i guess, i mean look how miserable sunmi was in US...i really love these girls

forgot to use the spoiler tags >.<

Guest Bubbly_Millionheiress

you dont by any chance surf allkpop too? :P

yes I do. I have the same id as my Soompi username.

????guys you must misunderstood my post

i just want to say what's going on with them

i just have bad English

i really don't mean it in that way :(

it's alright dear. let's just move on. :)

to make it less spammish..

2Ye cartoons

I guess the girls have finally had some time to rest and inevitably all the fatigue so far has surfaced. All in all, they've been busy with promotions since May 15th, not counting the preparations for 2DT.

I have a twitter account and will do my part to cheer them up.

Loved that Yenny's cookie baking hobby is spreading. People working hard and having money to spend usually indulge to shopping in their free time, our girls are taking time also for little things, which sometimes are much more rewarding^^

--

The second winner of the fan pics contest is out:

dccaa3d35dd1a6d522bbcd61ba87624c_large.png

2nd week’s winner: Alice Sedlak

Source: http://wondergirlsworld.com/blog_mu/2010/09/25/2010-wg-tour-fan-photo-contest-3/

--

Pivotcon ad I bounced into yesterday (as qoxie pointed out, the pivotcon homepage highlits pretty well their Wonder Girls event).

10a08243c11899c0125b8d0b6a8678aa_large.png

site: http://www.businessinsider.com/

WG feature in China's COOL轻音乐 (Cool Music) magazine.

The accompanying article is about WG's trip to Changsha (HunanTV) & Beijing (2DT album launch).

Unfortunately, the text is not wholly clear enough for translation.

Too bad, cuz the narrative is very detailed & compelling. As a consolation, I have posted blown-up images instead (for those who can read Chinese).

Gonna check around if any SG bookstores carry this magazine. (The Popular chain has Taiwan entertainment mags like Trendy & Play.)

28871426.jpg

26888533.jpg

94332974.jpg

93222177.jpg

52569870.jpg

64392470.jpg

ba99bcf87df577c4b801a08.jpg

16011840.jpg

55576937.jpg

33088846.jpg

Cr: 大爱WG小馒头 @ Baidu

Some information regarding the upcoming European trip @ MIPCOM

Wonderfuls France have setup a special section of their forum to connect with European WF's planning to visit Cannes and exchange information. The subforum is open to visitors not registerd and messages are written in English.

Section Special "Cannes Showcase" on Wonder Girls France

http://wonder-girls.forum-actif.net/section-special-cannes-showcase-f99/

Thanks to their researches some details have emerged. The Wonder Girls will hold their concert during the Opening Cocktail on Monday Oct 4 at 7:30PM at the Hotel Martinez. The cocktail is hosted by Japanese Drama Festival, Kocca and Saban, so there will be other presentations too. This is one of MIPCOM's networking events, so many of the participants will attend. Unfortunately, there's been confirmations that the event is open only to convention participants and credited journalists.

c34e70affeba18ea8547c6a11000b692_large.jpg

The venue, Hotel Martinez (built in 1929) is a 5-star Hotel "]located on la Croisette, Cannes' famous beach boardwalk. I've been around there (not inside^^) a few years ago, I remember that the surrounding streets have restaurants and shops. Despite the luxury hotels that occupy most of the walk the area is tourist-friendly, and part of the small beach is open to the public.

6f21e28978b7d645d7d67590669f466c_large.jpg

--

Added

Wonder Girls @ Mipcon article in French from Asian Extreme, a Japanese & Korean pop culture website.

716bd9a01676afec2da9f8634ddc3650_large.png

Wonder Girls showcase in France on October 4 2010

While their rivals are contending for the Korean and Japanese markets, the Wonder Girls (and especially their producer !) have bet everything on the United States, and the West at large. Thanks to KOCCA initiative, the girlband will come to Cannes on October 4 2010 for a showcase during the opening of the MIPCOM, the professional convention of audio-visual contents, assuring the promotion of Korean-pop culture. The evening coktail where the Wonder Girls will perform will be held at Hotel Martinez, beginning at 7:30PM.

Source: Orient-Extreme.net

Link: http://www.orient-extreme.net/index.php?menu=musique&sub=actu&article=2664

--

Last MIPCOM had some Asian music performers too. Check this query to see their videos.

--

This YouTube video from Disney ABC gives a distinct impression on how the event is important for audio-visual producers.

^

Thanks for sharing the MIPCOM info!

Update: The local papers here reported that the final inspection for the Korean Grand Prix has been postponed again, to give the organizer more preparation time.

The new deadline is Oct 10, or a fortnight before the actual race (unprecedented).

If they fail muster, the whole event will be canceled. Ditto all pre-race entertainment, inc. the Oct 21 Kpop concert which WG is part of.

From my time zone (GMT +8), WG's upcoming itinerary is as follows:  TigerHeat (Oct 1), LA Korean Festival (Oct 2), MIPCOM (Oct 5), Mnet  Ultimate Thailand (Oct 9), Pivotcon (Oct 19), Korean Grand Prix Eve  concert (Oct 21).

Sunye tweeted that WG may stop over in Korea next month. With the F1 Grand Prix's fate still uncertain, I wonder if she was thinking specifically of the period between Cannes & Thailand.

- - - - - - - - - -

WG photos omitted from the following article & translation.

screenhunter09sep271509.gif

Source: http://tv.ifensi.com/article-306071.html

WONDERGIRLS at New York Fashion Week; Sohee's aloofness attracts attention

ifensi.com 2010-09-27 09:23:21

What is WONDRGIRLS's charm? Sohee's aloofness, of course. WONDERGIRLS was invited to attend the August 9~15 New York Fashion Week. They were on equal footing with many celebrities. Following last year's Fashion Week [sic], this year was their 2nd time. They participated in fashion shows for Concept Korea, Bottega Beneta, Roger Vivier, Vivienne Tam, Adidas Y-3, Yuna Yang, Alice & Olivia, Tory Burch, Anna Sui & others. They also got to meet many designers like Jeremy Scott, Vivienne Tam & others. During the Fashion week, the girls were introduced to well-known actress Leighton Meester, singer-actor Omarion, actresses Rosario Dawson, Denise Richards, tennis player Serena Williams & others. Photos of their events were shared on many celebrities' Twitters & personal homepages. In addition, WONDERGIRLS's '2DT' Remix was also blasting at Vivienne Tam's fashion show, pleasantly surprising the girls at the event.

Guest valentino_rossi46

WG headphone ?

WGyubin

# @missA_min 완전완전~~~ ㅋㅋㅋ 뮤직비디오 귀엽든데 ㅋㅋㅋㅋ about 2 hours ago via web in reply to missA_min

#

I got New HeadPhone~~~ it's brend new~~~~ hahahahha http://twitpic.com/2sg0ee about 2 hours ago via Twitpic

168708614.jpg

aaaaa...... Miss A's new song~~~ so good~~~~ so good~~~ about 3 hours ago via web

#

오늘 너무 반가운 동생을 만났다~~ 잘 지내고 있는것같아서 너무 좋았고 ㅎㅎ 우리 앞으로도 자주 봅시당~~~ about 3 hours ago via web

mimimimi0502

I dont care^.~ Please dont worry! I've been sick. That's all. about 6 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

Guest chikusho1

^

^ haha shes lookin really cool right there. a real sharp contrast to that emaciated photo of her. still lookin healthy and energetic. headphones look soooo good on you yubin!!

Mnet Ultimate Live In Thailand 30sec promo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-TraPGquBw

Mnet Ultimate Live In Thailand 15sec promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mRv-RDLrLo

I wonder if all the performers will coordinate their schedules & fly in early for last-minute promotions, ala Mnet Ultimate Taiwan?

EDIT: The artistes will attend a 2nd press conference the day before (Oct 8) at Park Paragon, Siam Paragon (open area).

2PM Junho & Junsu had flown down for the 1st press conference (Sept 17).

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Managed to extract the following concert info from the organizer website, with help from Google Translate.

• 2PM, WG to perform 60 minutes each.

• MBLAQ, 4Minute to perform 40 minutes each.

• 2AM to perform 30 minutes.

Concert day itinerary (I think the timing might have been changed since, to from 5pm~10pm):

• 10am - Fanmeeting activities of Hanami (main sponsor).

• 12pm - Start of sponsor & fan booth activities.

• 4pm - Doors open for evening concert.

• 6pm - Mnet Ultimate Live in Thailand concert presented by Hanami.

• 10pm - End of concert.

Source: http://www.iworks.co...ex.php/faq.html

Sorry, turned out the iFensi article referenced earlier was a reproduction.

Here is the full original writeup. All 3 articles below are also circulating in the China entertainment media. (Korea Star Daily is Taiwan-geared).

twnewsyahoocomarticleur.png

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo.../136/2dtgs.html

WONDERGIRLS's charms? It is still Sohee's adorable aloofness

Korea Star Daily update: 2010/09/27 07:39

What is WONDRGIRLS's charm? Sohee's aloofness, of course.

WONDERGIRLS was invited to attend the August 9~15 New York Fashion Week. They were on equal footing with many celebrities. Following last year's Fashion Week [sic], this year was their 2nd time. They participated in fashion shows for Concept Korea, Bottega Beneta, Roger Vivier, Vivienne Tam, Adidas Y-3, Yuna Yang, Alice & Olivia, Tory Burch, Anna Sui & others. They also got to meet many designers like Jeremy Scott, Vivienne Tam & others. During the Fashion week, the girls were introduced to well-known actress Leighton Meester, singer-actor Omarion, actresses Rosario Dawson, Denise Richards, tennis player Serena Williams & others. Photos of their events were shared on many celebrities' Twitters & personal homepages. In addition, WONDERGIRLS's '2DT' Remix was also blasting at Vivienne Tam's fashion show, pleasantly surprising the girls at the event.

WONDERGIRLS said: [Our] members Yoobin & Sohee pay attention to fashion a lot. We are having a delightful time at this year's Fashion Week. It is very interesting & enjoyable to check out the world fashion trends. We also got to know many famous people. When our song started playing, we were pleasantly surprised & very touched. We thank those who showed interest in & had spent a pleasant time with us. [TV Daily reporter Jin Zhixian]

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

screenhunter02sep280208.gif

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo.../136/2dtha.html

America's BILLBOARD selects 'WONDERGIRLS as one of the best Under-21 POP STAR'

Korea Star Daily update: 2010/09/27 08:06

WONDERGIRLS has sparked an upsurge of enthusiasm in America again.

On September 23, America's BILLBOARD announced online their selections for the top '21 Under 21' pop stars. WONDERGIRLS was ranked 16th on the published list that day, validating their popularity. The rankings published the 'Nobody' MV [sic] with the WONDERGIRLS recommendation, along with a "this song had entered the Top 100" [blurb]. It also expressed their anticipation of the new WONDERGIRLS album which will be released next year.

With this list, the girls have attracted the fans' attention worldwide. They have also been invited to next month's (October 4) international TV content trade fair (MIPCOM) in Cannes, France where they will perform. [TV Daily reporter Jin Huiting]

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

screenhunter01sep280114.gif

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo.../136/2dubk.html

WONDERGIRLS Sohee appears on MTV USA homepage; the fans express their great happiness

Korea Star Daily update: 2010/09/27 15:05

Girlgroup WONDERGIRLS appeared on the official homepage of MTV USA.

Recently at the MTV USA homepage, WONDERGIRLS member Sohee's photo appeared together with Ashley Greene of the film 'Twilight' & Audrina Patridge of 'The Hills' TV series. It attracted the attention of the American public. In the MTV homepage photos, Sohee & the other 2 actresses were wearing side braids. The sight of Sohee's photo caused great happiness among the fans. She had a similar hairstyle as the 2 famous actresses, yet was not inferior in beauty.

Korean fans who saw the photo left messages like: "Sohee is the prettiest!" "WONDERGIRLS are really famous!" "Very happy to [see her] appear together with American actresses on the homepage!" & so on, thus conveying their interest in Sohee. [TV Daily reporter Jin Zhixian]

Guest valentino_rossi46

Wonder Girls’ Yubin should be a model for headphones?

20100927_yubin-460x345.jpg

Yubin of the Wonder Girls recently posted a photo of herself on twitter wearing white headphones, and her fans are loving it.

The photo shows Yubin doing a sideways peace sign and pouting her lips. Excited netizens responded, “Your headphones are really awesome,” “Headphones that really match Yubin!”, “Headphones good, Yubin good!”, and “The color is really pretty~ I want to buy them too.”

Perhaps the company who manufactures them should consider making her a model?

Source: Nate + allkpop

the girls look pretty at cool magazine ! esp, solo pics of lim and yoobin.. ^^

this thread so silent these days...

cuz the girls have no work , maybe practice for performance in france ~

cant wait and yoobin's birthday soon too...wow

Archived