Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest qoxie

I understand Gmarket has announced it will starting selling Dream Concert tickets from April 22.

It has also included 2 more performers (AFTER SCHOOL, U-KISS) to the bill. Total artistes is now 20.

http://event.gmarket.co.kr/html/201004/100...reamconcert.asp

Screencap:-

2d9y78h.gif

- - - - - - - - -

[news] The best way to sell chickens is through idols?

Monday, April 19, 2010

A lot of Korean Idol groups have been endorsing chickens lately and it has been successful. In order to make your chicken popular and a hit all you have to do is get a popular korean idol to endorse it and it will sure be a huge hit.

There's been a lot of chicken endorsements like Wonder Girls BBQ, SHINee mexicana chickens, 2am for BHC chicken and a lot more like Younha and KARA.

Each advertisement shoots are filled with the youthful vibe from the kpop idols. For a hit commercial, a happy idol holding a chicken with a big smile is sure to be a huge hit. Like SHINee's commercials for mexicana chicken especially with Onew's enthusiasm for his favorite food, they showed a lively young and dynamic image which was a huge hit.

2am also showed a clean and pure image which was friendly and warm and with their popularity it attracts more attention and viewers.

With popular idols with young and lively images, they bring something fresh and with their popularity brings more attention in advantage to both parties which is a huge hit in the advertisement business.

TAKE OUT WITH FULL CREDITS

Source: Osen

Credits: blueprincess824 @ dailykpopnews(dkpopnews.net)

Source: http://www.dkpopnews.net/2010/04/news-best...hickens-is.html

- - - - - - - - - - -

WG's mew EXR (spring-summer) advertisement:--

2d74gy.jpg

Cr: wondercuty daum, exr, katyhwang @ Baidu

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest xoxoxox

I'm listening to all 2PM new songs. I rate 100/10

aww.. I'm so excited what JYPe will store to us in WG's next album :)

Guest Bubbly_Millionheiress

my interpretation on sun ye and yuna kim's relationship was that sun ye knows of her but doesn't want to bother her. They aren't close.

I beg to differ dear. :) Sun Ye & Kim Yuna are close friends. if not why would Ye Eun mention that Sun Ye & Yuna are close for no reason? don't tell me Ye Eun doesn't know the level of the relationship between Sun Ye & Yuna. :P plus Jo Kwon also mentioned the relationship between Sun Ye & Yuna in Family Outing if i'm not wrong.

Sun Ye has always been a very private/secretive person. take her friendship with Son Dambi for instance. very few people knew that Sun Ye & Son Dambi were best friends until the picture of them attending a musical together surfaced. Sun Ye doesn't like to publicize her friendship, she keeps her professional life seperate from her personal life.

thanks to all those who are sharing screncaps, gifs & news on the girls. I can't believe that Sun Ye's character really raked in the moolah cos it was the last to be released. hehe.. the Sun effect! :D the total net sales for Wonder Girls is 15 billion won? 0_0 AMAZING! :o of course we all should know by now that Wonder Girls are indeed the queens of endorsements. whatever product they advertise just shoots up in popularity remember the EXR sales figures? didn't sales improve by 200% after Wonder Girls endorsed the products? :P hehe..

Guest Mia_Mia

^

agree with everything Leena just said.

new EXR spring-summer collection picture... everyone is looking very pretty!!!!! i want those sneakers!

61083096.jpg

credit wondercuty

Guest qoxie

Universal Music Taiwan blogged an update.

WG is taking the Cathay Pacific flight to Taiwan, which means *checks previous posts* the 11:05am arrival time.

2ptnnv5.png

http://umusicjpop.pixnet.net/blog/post/26630083]

WONDERGIRLS is dieting due to Taiwan trip, will offer a pleasant surprise at CPcity Living Mall on April 23!

Korean girl-group WONDERGIRLS of 'Nobody' renown in Asia is expected to take the Cathay Pacific CX421 flight to Taiwan & carry out a 4-day, 3-night promotional tour. Their visit is mainly to publicize the 'Special Edition' album, while also personally thanking the local fans for their enthusiastic support. At 7pm on April 23, they will hold a meet-&-greet session at CPcity Living Mall's basement-three Gravity Stadium (http://www.umusic.com.tw/campaign.aspx?eventID=479). This shall also be WONDERGIRLS's only opportunity to perform 'Nobody' LIVE!

For WONDERGIRLS's first visit, both SoHee & Lim are currently on a robust diet. They are eating boiled chicken, boiled eggs & boiled vegetables during meals, in hopes of presenting the most perfect performance in Taiwan. This WONDERGIRLS Taiwan PR campaign has been keenly received by the media, & their itinerary is said to be fully packed. After deplaning, they will embark on a nonstop series of promotions. Besides media-related activities, WONDERGIRLS's biggest focus of this trip is the April 23 fan gathering at CPcity Living Mall's basement 3 Gravity Stadium. For the public interaction with Taiwan fans, WONDERGIRLS's management company JYP had corresponded constantly with Universal Music, in hopes of offering them an unforgettable experience. They will perform the Chinese version of 'Nobody' to narrow down the language gap & have everybody [enjoy] it together. In addition, WONDERGIRLS has enigmatically leaked that they will bring a little pleasant surprise to the fan gathering, exclusively for Taiwan fans to enjoy. WONDERGIRLS want nobody but you: their only performance in Taiwan, do not miss it.

- - - - - - - - - -

RAIN beat Hyori to top the Korean 04/08-04/14 sales chart, according to this Sina report:

http://ent.sina.com.cn/y/2010-04-19/15582934909.shtml

I won't translate it wholesale but WG -- especialy Yoobin -- must be really happy at how their pals are faring.

Besides RAIN's feat, Younha is #3 with the 'Personal Taste' OST Part 1 ('Can't Believe It' duet with Kim Tae Woo).

Also, Jeon Hyo Seong (Binnie's ex-Five Girls colleague) reached #7 with her new group SECRET.

JYPE sister-disciple JOO hit #10 as well with 'Cinderella's Sister' OST Part 2 ('Turn Around').

1. Back To The Basic - RAIN

2. H-Logic - Lee Hyori

3. Personal Taste - OST Part 1

4. Personal Taste - OST Part 2

5. Run Devil Run - SNSD

6. Festa On Ice - Brown Eyed Girls

7. Secret Time - Secret

8. Breaking Heart - T-ara

9. 비켜줄게/Blowin My Mind - Brown Eyed Soul

10. Cinderella's Sister - OST Part 2

Could've been a clean sweep if 4MINUTE's 'Personal Taste' OST Part 3 ('Creating Love') muscled into the Top 10 too!

Guest i.said.goodbye

I think HaeLim looks gorgeous in the new EXR photos.

This photoshoot really suits her... I love her hair... finally some justice for her :D

The rest of the girls look really pretty as well (=

Guest *bluebutterfly*

wgspectacle is offline. i miss it

wow. sunye earned 1/4 of their sales!? that's amazing~

Korea loves Min jookie. ^^

Oohh~ I guess the spring-summer EXR photos are coming out soon. ^^

Thanks for sharing qoxie.

Yoobin looks a little like Sohee, from the wya she posed. And I don't like the guy's pose. It's like he's looking down Sunye's top. lol

EunAhn <33

Sohee and Lim dieting!? why?! They don't need to. I guess they're planning on putting on weight as well, trying new foods in taiwan lol. I don't blame them. I would want to try them too. ^^

V hmm....some are so humble while some answer without thinking.

Tiffany answers “Definitely” to qn “Do you think that SNSD can be even more successful than Wonder Girls in US and Europe?”

So Nyeo Shi Dae Tiffany shows great confidence about advancing to the international music market.

Recently Tiffany was featured for an interview with an English gaming site when she said, “The song’s (RDR) doing very well on the charts. We just won a ‘Mutizen Award’ for the song and we’re very happy about it. Most of the fans said it’s very different, but they like it, so it’s good!”

And when asked if the group if 2010 is going to be the year when Girls Generation ‘conquer’ the world, Tiffany said, “No, not yet, but you can buy the “Oh!” album on iTunes. We won’t ‘conquer the world’ this year…but hopefully next year! We’re just focusing on the Asian markets right now.”

What caught the attention of many is that when asked if she thinks that Girls’ Generation can be even more successful than Wonder Girls in places like the US and Europe, she answered “Definitely!!”.

Also when asked on how she feel about being added to the list of famous stars to endorse the Nintendo DSi brand, Tiffany commented, “It’s amazing, because when I was a trainee, I used to watch them on television, and being able to be on the same “list” as them now is indescribable”

S:Newsen

See the full interview here: http://www.cubed3.com/news/14013 thanks to S.K Shim for the headsup.

cr. sookyeong.wp

sorry, i can't help but thinking about how humble our girls' answer if they were asked some questions like this. That's why i love them <33

Guest Mia_Mia

^

i smell trouble..... she should have definitely handled that question better... but what I think i'd like to take from this is.

a. our girls are just amazingly gracious and classy..so we shouldnt expect the same out of others just because we're used to them giving other artists the respect they deserve.

b. the interviewer acknowledged WG's success...

and those are the two things imma take from this...kekekke

^

^

whoa. well... that's confident... hmmm... we'll see first. ugh. makes me want to roll my eyes but i'm keeping calm.

it's true what Mia_Mia said about our girls, they're very gracious, classy, and humble when faced with this kind of question. our girls have achieved sooo much and they're way ahead of the other girl groups. they set the trend. always.

i'm glad the wonder girls are doing their own thing rather than trying to compete with others.

seriously can not wait til may15/16. :D

Guest fanwonder

Fany was just trying to show her confidence there as a member of a group. Sorry, WonderFuls...don't bash Fany. I hate the interviewer for asking this kind of question.

Guest WGkeon

^^

That answer shocked me abit since im used to the girls humble way of replying such questions, or rather other girl groups way of answering if anyone remembered BEG's answer to a singapore interview when they were in singapore, its quite a similar question to this and they answered, well very differently from this lol

Guest littlechocolate

that's what our girl is more classy than snsd. they're just humble even though they have the fame. its pointless to argue over some cocky comments like that. she often does that anyways. not the first time,so i'm not surprised that kind of comment comes from her.

Guest Bubbly_Millionheiress

Fany was just trying to show her confidence there as a member of a group. Sorry, WonderFuls...don't bash Fany. I hate the interviewer for asking this kind of question.

I'm sorry but this just made me laugh. the interviewer is supposed to be blamed now for the answer for the idol? there are so many other girl bands who have been asked these kind of similar questions. why is it that I see none of them giving the same answer as this idol?

talk about putting your foot in your mouth. :rolleyes: some people should take a leaf out of Wonder Girls books on how to answer questions like that graciously. "Definitely!" oh we'll see. we'll see alright. I have a very strong urge to say everything that is on my mind right now but I shall maintain my dignity as a polite Wonderful.

I'd just like to add one thing though. not everyone can be Wonder Girls. firstly to be more successful than Wonder Girls you need to have even better manners & graciousness than them. that is an impossible feat for certain people.

that's all. :)

Guest qoxie

Wow, I'm gonna use up my daily quota, posting at this rate.

epenoi.png

Source: 12530 Wireless Music (China Mobile)

WONDERGIRLS interacted with fans via video, tight-lipped about new songs

Published: April 19, 2010 11:25:30 Source: 12530 Wireless Music

While occupied with American activities, 5-member girl-group WONDERGIRLS conducted an online video chat with their global fans.

On April 18 between 11am & 1pm (Korean time), WONDERGIRLS spent a wonderful time online with their global fanbase.

Firstly, they detailed to the fans a number of American activities & objectives planned for June. Subsequently, they answered one by one the various questions raised by the fans.

But, when asked about the new songs, the WONDERGIRLS members all feigned ignorance & said, "This is still top secret, cannot be divulged in advance yet," "but the song is absolutely amazing, [so] everybody look forward to it."

After introducing new member Lim, the latter was asked about her favorite singers. Her reply was "BoA & Beyonce," "BoA is the best all-rounder she had seen."

In large part, they used Korean [sic] to interact with the fans. But they also used foreign languages like English & Chinese to talk to those from different regions. Lim displayed her fluency in Chinese to the fans.

During the Shanghai concert, they had performed the Chinese version of 'This Time' [sic?] which was well-received by numerous China fans.

Additionally, Yeeun said, "for the new song they have mixed in Korean, English, Chinese for the MV recording. Although very arduous, it was also very interesting." Asked "whether producer Park Jin Young is scary," the girls all said, "not at all, he is just like an uncle, a very delightful man." For this online gathering, fans from Vietnam, China, Taiwan, Singapore, Brazil, Mexico & various other countries congregated together.

Finally, WONDERGIRLS plans to release their new album worldwide on May 16. At present, they are busy hopping between Korea & America for work, while actively breaking in their new member.

Guest albi-albi-albi

sorry, i can't help but thinking about how humble our girls' answer if they were asked some questions like this. That's why i love them <33

I'm sorry to cut your post.. but as WonderGeneration lover, i cant stand when there is misunderstanding between the fans.

As you all may know that WG and SNSD are good friends and that they even call each other and stuff.. so what Tiffany said was in a joke way .. you can read the interview and its obiviously that she was joking about it. So hopefully there no problem and no misunderstanding ^^

^ honestly i understand 100% i didnt take seriously what Tiffany said. ^_^

My point was how humble our girls to handle a question like this!

if other artists saying something like this, i'd say exactly the same.

so some are humble and some are like to joking.

Guest WGkeon

^^

Well theres no video or anything, misunderstanding could rise any moment from this. But i always love tiffany way of answering things, very unique.

Guest Dechen

OMGGG can't believe tht plastic tiffany sed tht they could do better thn wonder girls...she wishes lmao... at first when she made sum mistakes n i thought she was new tht's why she made those mistakes but now i no tht tiffany never thinks before she speaks. what an IDIOTT

Archived