wat genres do u hate?

Guest TrainDriver

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest michy!~

opera (eeekk!) screamo/hard rock, it hurts my ears! i don't get how people can stand listening to it... o_o

how come so many people hate hip hop/ r&b? i'm more of a ballad person, but i still like hiphop.. as long as rap doesn't dominate it XD lol

I'm really offended by some of your comments. You guys just don't understand the point indulging yourself in music. Sometimes that loud screaming "stupid stuff" is an escape from society and negativity. So DON'T say that "stupid stuff" is pointless unless you've been shoved away into a corner by your fellow classmates or even fellow family members because you're a little overweight or you have a couple more piercings than the norm or you prefer dark hair or because people are just not accepting. You guys probably don't even know what the genres you guys dislike even really sound like.

Where are my fellow Diru members? Stand and deliver!!!

I'd say the only genre I dislike the most is country. Most of the time their music just doesn't move me enough. Although I have few exceptions such as What Hurts The Most by Rascal Flatts and Concrete Angel by Martina McBride. (there's probably more but that'll suffice)

Guest MaNG0BaBY

I'm really offended by some of your comments. You guys just don't understand the point indulging yourself in music. Sometimes that loud screaming "stupid stuff" is an escape from society and negativity. So DON'T say that "stupid stuff" is pointless unless you've been shoved away into a corner by your fellow classmates or even fellow family members because you're a little overweight or you have a couple more piercings than the norm or you prefer dark hair or because people are just not accepting. You guys probably don't even know what the genres you guys dislike even really sound like.

I'll admit, that you bring up a good point, but most American screamo feels a little

shallow and the stuff they sing about is way overdone imo. Diru, I can respect (and love),

because they have some really decent songs (esp. the screamo-ish ones), but only

because their content&&the stuff the Kyo writes about is pretty diverese. Other than that,

screamo just isn't for me. "/ That, and country. I dislike country very much.

I'll admit, that you bring up a good point, but most American screamo feels a little

shallow and the stuff they sing about is way overdone imo. Diru, I can respect (and love),

because they have some really decent songs (esp. the screamo-ish ones), but only

because their content&&the stuff the Kyo writes about is pretty diverese. Other than that,

screamo just isn't for me. "/ That, and country. I dislike country very much.

Which brings me back to my point of actually knowing the different genres.

I think you guys are mistaking screamo and metal music. Screamo screams are more high-pitched, and a bit more annoying to the ear. While metal screams, death screams, are lower and more industrial feeling.

GAH I made my point, I don't see why I keep coming back here.

I'm surprised there's a lot of people who don't like any type of rock music...

Rock is one of my favorite genres.

I like all genres of music. As long as the song is catchy to me then who cares what genre it's considered as.

Guest brian032

I can't say there are any genres that I hate. Surely each type of music has it's own gems and charms. In my world there are only two types of music, good music and bad music. All you have to do is open your ears and try to be open minded about what you're hearing. There's so much more out there than what the media and fellow peers dish out and hammer in that brain of yours. After loads of experimenting you'll be surprised at what you end up liking. I certainly was.

Guest JetGirl

It all depends on the artist, There are likeable aspects in ALL genre and there are also dislikable aspects in them as well.

christian rock? i don't hate it because it makes me laugh.

Guest soo_bak3

^I'm assuming you AREN'T Christian :mellow:

I used to think emo was okay, but now I really dislike it. And I don't listen to American screamo.

edit:

I won't listen to Fall Out Boy... the only song I like from them is Thanks for The Memories. But pop rock is fine.

Guest JetGirl

soo bak3: Nope, Agnostic.

We had a christian rock band play at our school. It was just sorta....pathetic. really.

You refuse to listen to fall out boy- i do admit some of the songs are kinda..well..bad. But some of them are really catchy. I also went to a fall out boy gig-OMYGAWD, I got like 10 bruises from MOSHING. well, i was MOSHED, not really moshing.

so...what genre would you class marilyn manson? he's AWFUL.

its ironic how half the people in this thread say they hate "hip hop," yet the names they drop aren't even hip hop worthy. soulja boy, eminem, 50 cent, all of that radio bullsht is not hip hop. listen to real hip hop before you discriminate against it.

Guest Lindoodoo

^ I agree. There are so many good hip hop artists that aren't on the radio.

The ones on the radio are so... overrated?

I'd say the only genre I dislike the most is country. Most of the time their music just doesn't move me enough. Although I have few exceptions such as What Hurts The Most by Rascal Flatts and Concrete Angel by Martina McBride. (there's probably more but that'll suffice)

I'm with you all the way, brotha! :D

Lmao. Yeah, I can't really add to your arguement, but i'm standing! ^^ (Just not delivering :P)

The genres that don't seem to interest me are trance, techno, country and modern day rap. .__.;

Metal has so much technicality it's ridiculous! I love metal! I also love hip-hop which is the most creative genre around. Some people here dismiss hip-hop, metal, and rock. I wonder if they even listen to music for music. You don't just hear it.

I have no genre I hate and I have no genre that I only listen to. Ya know why? Because I listen to the substance in music. I don't classify metal as something to dismiss or I don't classify country as something to dismiss.

Basically, threads that have the "genres you hate" are complete ignorant and unnecessary. Some of you don't know how much good music you're missing out on and most likely won't even know you're listening to something great when you are.

Overall, only cool people like me can listen to the great. Hells yes. (har har)

Less people to fight at the record store.

Archived