Do you ever get your ETHNICITY mistaken...?

Guest eminemjamesuk

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mostly korean/chinese, i'm flip btw ^^,

-one korean guy came up to me and said, "hey~ i'm happy to see a korean girl here" LOL

-then i was talking to this korean girl (in korean language xD) then suddenly, she said, "i'll speak english so you could also learn" o_o then yeah, we were talking then suddenly she asked

girl: where you live in korea?

me: i didnt live in korea. i'm filipino.

(she thought, filipino citizen but ethnicity is korean xD)

girl: oh~ cool. but you're parents are both korean, right?

me: no, not korean.

girl: nooooo~ don't joke around. so, you are adopted by filipino family.

me: o___o;

until now~ she's not believing i'm flip. xD

oh oh~ i was talking to my friend, we knew each other for almost a year now. i asked him:

me: when will you go back to korea?

him: maybe this vacation. and you, when will you go back to china?

me: i dont live in china o_o *hits head*

LOL

Guest splendidlure

Some of my aunties keep saying I look korean. They say the same to my bro. I don't really see it, but whatever.

I've been mistaken as chinese/korean sometimes at school. I'm viet.

Guest LycheeLa

When I was younger, I went to the mall with my mom.

I decided to buy this bamboo plant from this Japanese lady.

She thought I was Japanese and decided to give me a discount, too!

But When I told her I was Filippino. She Didn't give a discount any more...

:tears:

Guest kuroioshare

OMG yes....

Most people think I'm hispanic....when I worked retail I would have ladies everyday walk up to me, speaking in spanish and I had NO CLUE what they were saying so I would tell them I didn't understand and they would get so pissed off lol

I'm not Hispanic, i'm not i'm not i'm not!!

lol

A couple people even said I look Asian....which I don't think I do... but eh

I'm half-black, half white, with a tiny bit of Native American thrown in :D

Guest KateLove

I'm Irish, French, + Japanese...

Occasionally I'll get people asking if I'm Spanish or ask me questions in Spanish

in public ... :huh:

Guest MiNIwo0b

Actually ethnicity is now being used to describe whether you are Latin/Hispanic (of Latin descent).....

so... yes i have lol a few times i have been asked if i was half mexican, spanish, puerto rican... lol i think its because i tan so nicely naturally =D

LOL I've gotten asked often whether or not I'm Korean, occasionally if I'm Filipino (most of them tell me it's cause of my tan arms....I tan way too easily >____>) and I had this one construction worker guy ask me if I was Mongolian o____O he was really creepy though.

I'm Chinese btw :)

Im hmong and been mistaken for being Japanese/chinese/and thai. I dont get mad i take it as BIG COMPLIMENTS! ;D

me too .. i'm flattered if someone thinks that i'm another ethnicity ... (except if they're being racist) .. because then i can trick people ... lol ... jks ..

Guest simple*love

I remember i posted here before,

but RECENTLY i been getting a lot of people saying i like mixed chinese with spanish.

LOl, not sure if its a good thing or bad haha

Guest papiroflexia

I get the same problem, well not hk but people always think I'm filipino, korean, japanese because of the way i dress. I'm a full vietnamese person but I never get that unless I say my name. Vietnamese people around where I am (which is San Jose, CA) there are hardly any urban viet kids.

I live in the same area. You kiddin'? This place is filled filled with urban viet kids. Maybe it's the school you're from. o_O

Reply to topic; I'll just assume that it's the way you dress. That's how my sister tells, I don't know it works for her.

Guest picturesque

topped 116th page @@ lol

oh oh~ i was talking to my friend, we knew each other for almost a year now. i asked him:

me: when will you go back to korea?

him: maybe this vacation. and you, when will you go back to china?

me: i dont live in china o_o *hits head*

LOL

LOL ^ this cracked me up. HAHA

cute XD

Guest neeeddcaffineeee

Oh, this happened to my friend~

Well they asked her if she was a korean

since, she have really high cheekbones and really oval eyes, ppl assume she's a korean ==

but she isnt really a fob or dresses like one....

but anyway i think it depends on how u dress and wat features u have :]

i guess it's probably the way you dress.

i can tell korean people apart right away.

the way they do their hair and the way they dress.

and the talking really loudly in korean :]

Guest lostieee

I heard from my HK friends. Most Asians in general think mainland

Chinese are unfashionable & poor =[ I don't think this!! But that's

what they said. So if someone is goodlooking/fashionable and look Chinese

they "MUST" be from HK.

I'd hate to admit what you said if it was bullcrap, but it wasn't. HK people do think mainland Chinese are poor and uncivilised, I think arrogance is in the nature of people who was born/lived in HK (for a long time). I'd hate to also admit I'm one of those conceited ones.

us southerners are known to have the short stick in looks

I absolutely absolutely do not think this is true. Southern chinese having the short stick in looks? Nope. No way. I've seen my fair share of northern/southern chinese. Impossible. Not saying anyone is uglier, calm down. But this generalization is false~

Guest cookie_momo

haha im from hk but from most people i see

i think that almost all people from hk have double eyelids, thats why some ppl have been saying that they have bigger eyes >_<

and mainland there are hella lot single eyelidded ppl.. but then again mainland population is bigger than hk population obviously :D

my mainland chinese friend thinks i look like im from mainland and says that mainland girls are prettier

but

my canto frriends say i look nothing like mainland and that i look full HK and that canto girls and guys are way hotterr (i agree with the guys part haha)

so i dunno

but everyone is a bit biased, yeah? hahahaa

it could be just exposure to different people, but i do think there is a diff in the attitude some hk and mainland have towards doing things- obviously this doesnt apply as a generalisation.. but a lot of adult hk do tasks more seriously.. i esp hear my mum complaining about this when mainland chinese shopkeepers and stuff serve really sloppily etc. but i dunno about everyone else's opinion on this aspect?

Archived