Do you ever get your ETHNICITY mistaken...?

Guest eminemjamesuk

Guest lea11

yea. ignorant (nonasian) ppl always think asian= chinese, therefore always goes 'nihao' and asks if im chinese. like i live in a stupid city. when they say 'nihao', i usuallly go, 'shut the F-ck up, i aint chinese.'

this mexican lady spoke spanish to me at wal mart... and my friends think im hawaiian and latina.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kiss_bunny

everyone thinks im like hispanic...

even my parents got mistaken as hispanic..

iono where they got that from.

i dont think i look hispanic.

Guest Sammiie__x

If I say anything else than chinese, they be like,"Oh..", with expressions like they never heard about the place before. .__.

Guest kimma

I'm dark with really curly hair so people always think I'm Mexican or am some type of ethnicity that originated from South America.

Guest femme.fatale`

everyone i meet thinks im japanese. im korean

even koreans think im japanese. i think there was only a handful amount of time when someone got my ethnicity correct

Guest aznlily

people think I look hispanic too or cambodian >_< cause i'm a dark asian xD. But I'm vietnamese lol

Guest miso_ramen

haha. i'm chinese.

but i've been mistaken for mexican and filipino sometimes.

and mistaken for japanese and korean more often.

mostly korean -____- idk why. i dont look korean.

and ive been told i look like naruto many times :D haha.

Guest Airporte

A lot of people think that I'm Pakistani (or some kind of ME nationality), but I'm not. As far as I know, hispanic+caucasian =/= middle eastern, but I just go 'lolno' and explain.

Guest Ching Ching

I'm part Cambodian, part Chinese, so I obviously do not have round eyes. Yet people keep

mistaking me for a Filipino/filipina. Yah, I'm pretty oblivious as to what I should use. They all

practically have some Spanish in them, so yeahhh~ More round-shaped eyes.

Guest hungrycollegeboy

I'm Hmong, but some people say I don't really look Hmong.

It's funny when people try to guess my ethnicity. :sweatingbullets:

Them: Are you Chinese?

Me: No

Them: Are you Japanese?

Them: Are you Korean?

Them: Are you Vietnamese?

Them: Are you Thai?

Them: Are you Laotian?

Them: Are you Filipino?

Them: Are you even asian?

Me: Yes.

Them: What are you then?

Me: I'm Hmong.

Them: What's that :blink:

LOL

Guest BattleRoyale

^ LOL XD

im vietnamese but peopple usually mistaken me for chinese and start speaking chinese to me and id be like err wahh? :blink:

Guest xGingerTea

WOO HOO PAGE TOPPER ;D

i'm filipino.

but people think i'm like..

some other asian ethnicity like japanese -_-

Guest shigo

I've been mistaken as a Korean before, which is really weird for me because I look the exact opposite of what Koreans look like in general. I mean we're talking brown skin, "healthy" size, and almond shaped eyes. And the thing is, the person who made that remark was a Korean.

Guest fcsol

I'm filipino and it boggles my mind how people think I'm either ..

Chinese (people from work - "you're too light to be filipino" - what?)

Japanese (some old creepy dude on the subway - "hello, are you japanese?")

Half white (this girl in my class - "are you asian? there's something about you that's very asian but not really. you look like a happa!")

It's just that I think I look very filipino lol

Guest §ξЯ��̃ξňf

Almost everyone thinks I'm Chinese even though I'm Korean.

Guest UnknownMelody

I'm Chinese,

But everyone who sees me guesses everything but my own race.

They go on to the point where someone asked if i was mixed.

It's really frustrating because I have super dark hair and my skin is pretty pale.

Most mix people have really fair hair. Sigh.

Some people are just really stupid.

Guest kimshizzle!

Usually I take it like compliments. : D. But i get mistaken

1. Filipino

2. Hispanic- usually its this the most

3. mixed-usually hispanic

I honestly don't really mind when people mess up. This one time i got mistaken as an Iranian, which i thought was pretty sweet.

Guest Ailes Noires

Haha, I haven't had anyone ever guess correctly. I've gotten a dozen different people think I was Asian, and two of them were my (native) Japanese teachers. Most people say it's because I've got "Asian" or "squinty" eyes. :P My eyes are gray though! I've gotten Mexican a few times too, but mostly from white friends who are like half and just look white. I went to a friend's house who is as white-bread as it gets, and her mom is full Latina. I was like o.o

I'm actually a LOT of things. I'm 1/2 French, 1/4 from basically all over Europe, and 1/4 Native American (and fairly mixed in that respect). People are just like "Me too! I'm like 1/43" or some strange number. That's cool, but it does not make you "one with nature" or something. xD;

I dunno, I guess because I'm brown I identify more with the Native side of me than the white, but I'm cool with whatever. Although I have lots of "white looking" relatives who have more Indian blood than I do, and they're more active on the reservations... It's not my fault I live on the other side of the country! ;-;

Archived